PDA

View Full Version : So, all of this Pokemon Crater remorse has finally gotten to me

Rekhyt
01-26-2008, 03:57 PM
I miss it, but instead of moping, I'm going to try to do what everyone else failed to do.

Who wants to help me create something along the lines of Crater? Of course, there is 99.9% that we'll fail, but I'm willing to try even if we only have 00.1% of succeeding. Anybody wanna help? Of course, you'll have to actually know how to do stuff, I don't want people that don't know what they're talking about SPAMing up this thread.

Near
01-26-2008, 04:04 PM
I miss it, but instead of moping, I'm going to try to do what everyone else failed to do.

Who wants to help me create something along the lines of Crater? Of course, there is 99.9% that we'll fail, but I'm willing to try even if we only have 00.1% of succeeding. Anybody wanna help? Of course, you'll have to actually know how to do stuff, I don't want people that don't know what they're talking about SPAMing up this thread.

It'll take less time to get enough money to just buy crater off the guys that made it...

ZiVixx
01-26-2008, 04:42 PM

Oni, you'll need more than just someone to help you. You need a good hostm which costs money. You'll need to buy a domain. You need alot more stuff.

Oxygen
01-26-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll help with the story lines and ideas and whatnot!

Rekhyt
01-26-2008, 04:58 PM
The near Pokemon Master: No. Just no.

Zivi: I am aware of all that, that goes without saying.

Craney: I'm waiting.

ZiVixx
01-26-2008, 05:01 PM
If your aware then I'm willing to help with Banners and other things...And recolors...possibly.

Rekhyt
01-26-2008, 05:12 PM
If your aware then I'm willing to help with Banners and other things...And recolors...possibly.

M'kay, cool, now, let me see if God will take part in this.

(God's a member on a different forum).

So, anyone have an idea for a name?

ZiVixx
01-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Pokemon: The Ending Journey. ?

Oxygen
01-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Pokemon Zeta?

@ Oni-I'll have them to you tommorow.

Black Fox of the Darkness
01-26-2008, 07:30 PM
How about
PMD:The Ultimate Quest
Like you can be pokemon from every region
Also,I can also help with storyline and what the pokemon's rarity is.Plus I can do which pokemon goes where

Oxygen
01-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I kinda forgot about the plans.

But I like the PMD idea. Except instead of rescue missions, you travel through a new region.

Rekhyt
01-28-2008, 07:32 PM
No.

No PMD. Any PMD and I will shoot someone.

(This is the author side of me speaking, just so you know).

Maleficent
01-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Oni? Remorse? Oh My god!

Rekhyt
01-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Oni? Remorse? Oh My god!

I know, my vocabulaire extraordianaire can be intimidating, but you must look at this as an option, Libra.

Nitro
02-01-2008, 12:09 AM
I'd love to help. This idea sounds great. I could help, I'm great with banners. REALLY great. ^__^ I can also help with other stuff, just give me a task.

{ASHLEY THE PYROMANIAC MONKEY}

Realityxxx
02-01-2008, 12:19 AM
I can get trainer overworlds, help come up with storylines and other junk. I can also help come up with maps, and the pokemon that go where.

Rekhyt
02-01-2008, 12:32 AM
As I said, I don't care what you can do, more what you do do.

So, on that, I take up your offers, kg, the overworld sprites... Something distinctive, if you will.

Maleficent
02-02-2008, 12:15 AM
I Might.That is all im saying.

Rekhyt
02-02-2008, 11:59 PM
I Might.That is all im saying.

Needed to know that.

Maleficent
02-03-2008, 12:29 AM
I detect Sarcasm.
Sooo...Set-Up date?

Rekhyt
02-03-2008, 01:02 AM
I detect Sarcasm.
Sooo...Set-Up date?

This chap is hilarious.

_Twilight mew_
02-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Okay, I'll help, I will be able to work out the layout, And the codes for the site(I MIGHT I've just started learning about it) I'm only 11 But I have mad skill XD

Maleficent
02-08-2008, 06:16 AM
Oni-more sarcasm....there really should be a trophy for that.

pikahero2
02-08-2008, 02:09 PM
I'll help, I'm 10, but I own a website and I think I can help. ^^;

ronjocox
02-08-2008, 02:50 PM
I'll do banners also.

But we're missing one more thing...

The guy that does the codes

pikahero2
02-08-2008, 03:56 PM
I'll do banners also.

Did you not see mah post?

Stardy
02-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Pokemon Indigo is a good replacement people =/
Plus there is a game project board aswell =/

btw im am not nearly good with codes, unless its on a IF forum =P
But I can help with spriting and stuff if I get time, im a ok spriter if I say so mahself.

bobtail
02-08-2008, 07:57 PM
i can help with pokemon locations

Rekhyt
02-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I'll do banners also.

They call me 'the coder'.

Poke Master
02-13-2008, 03:13 AM
I'll help, I'm 10, but I own a website and I think I can help. ^^;Haha, so am I...

I'll do banners also.

The guy that does the codesNo way...
I'll join, try to do graphic stuff...

~Duncan

Splishee
02-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Don't flame me if I'm wrong, but isn't there copyright issues if you were considering creating a directly similar version of Crater?

Rekhyt
02-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Don't flame me if I'm wrong, but isn't there copyright issues if you were considering creating a directly similar version of Crater?

Not really, seeing as:

1). The guy that created withdrew any legal rights of it when he shut down the site, he didn't even bother keeping the domain name, so I don't think it's a problem.

2). This isn't a similar version of Crater.

But, if you are worried for me and everyone else working on this project, if we get sued I'll send you the bill:wink:

Trainer17
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Nice Project there Oni.

I hope there are all kinds of Pokemon available there. "Shiny,Metallic" and Perhaps new stuff added to this as well?

I was thinking of a name.."Pokemon: Battle Saga"
Sorry if it sounds to Ancient..xP

Rekhyt
02-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Nice Project there Oni.

I hope there are all kinds of Pokemon available there. "Shiny,Metallic" and Perhaps new stuff added to this as well?

I was thinking of a name.."Pokemon: Battle Saga"
Sorry if it sounds to Ancient..xP

Battle Saga?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm going to think through the kinds of Pokemon. For that we need a spriter.

Trainer17
02-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Battle Saga?

Yeah, I'm going to think through the kinds of Pokemon. For that we need a spriter.

Saga="Somewhat a place passionate for Pokemon Battling", at least that's what the feeling I get.

I wish I can help you out, creating new Pokemon Appearances "Shiny,Metallic" or maybe PM with some new Ideas to improve this place better than crater.

But what the heck? I don't know if i'm even worthy of a help. xP

Splishee
02-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Not really, seeing as:

1). The guy that created withdrew any legal rights of it when he shut down the site, he didn't even bother keeping the domain name, so I don't think it's a problem.

2). This isn't a similar version of Crater.

But, if you are worried for me and everyone else working on this project, if we get sued I'll send you the bill:wink:

Oh, ha ha. I'll be fine without it, thanks. :rolleyes:

I was still under the impression that Pokemon Crater still held legal rights, but if they don't, you're okay to go. It could be thought of as similar or an.. ahem, 'rip off' since you created this thread about it and directly linked the project to Pokemon Crater, though. Not that it matters. ^_^

Anyway, good luck with the project. You're gonna need a whole lot of dedicated, hard-working and loyal people - you'll need it. :]

Oxygen
02-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Battle Saga?

I'll help with some sprites.

Crystal Pikachu
02-19-2008, 06:19 PM
I be a spriter, a talented one too. :P

Mitsuzo-kun
02-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Nice idea, Oni, real nice. It won't work, but an excellent idea nonetheless.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, this belongs in the game project section of the Mixed/Other Boards.

Oxygen
02-19-2008, 06:42 PM
I be a spriter, a talented one too. :P

He is quite good. I'd accept him.

Dragon of the Nile
02-19-2008, 09:13 PM
I can help with simple edits, I'm afraid that's all I'll have time for.

Rekhyt
02-19-2008, 11:01 PM
I can help with simple edits, I'm afraid that's all I'll have time for.

I'm sorry, but white doesn't show up on the current skin that I use, and I can't highlight with my PSP, so thanks for wasting my time.

I would like to see examples from the spriters via PM, please.

Emily
02-20-2008, 07:08 AM
I'm sorry, but white doesn't show up on the current skin that I use, and I can't highlight with my PSP, so thanks for wasting my time.

I would like to see examples from the spriters via PM, please.
Umm, Oni? She's using dark blue font, it's just on the right of the screen as opposed to the left.

Primal Mario
02-21-2008, 10:38 PM
good luck with this project you will need a lot of it

Rekhyt
02-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Umm, Oni? She's using dark blue font, it's just on the right of the screen as opposed to the left.

Well, that's me outsmarted.

Proud_Piplup
02-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Well, I'll help if you need it, Oni. I can do images, as well as a few other things.

Josh
02-25-2008, 06:38 AM
You are aware something like this will take extensive knowledge of MySQL and PHP alone, right?

Rekhyt
02-25-2008, 05:30 PM
You are aware something like this will take extensive knowledge of MySQL and PHP alone, right?

You are aware thet I possess extensive knowledge of MySQL and PHP, right?

And either way, PHP is hardly needed.

Pokeri
03-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Good luck with that. :cool:
Make sure it has a great name!
I hope there's a pokemon crater like-game.

shadow2448
03-03-2008, 02:19 AM
Okay if yah make the game this is some great ideas on special pokemon heres a list of my special type of pokemon ideas:

Sapphire
Ghost (from P.C.)
Crystal
Shiny (from P.C.)
Shadow
Mettalic (from P.C.)
Ancient

Okay heres another idea you can make somthin called Promotionial pokemon which are like limited and you can only get them for a week than there gone and they wont come back for a while heres a list of a type of rarity a promoti0onal pokemon can be:

Gold
Silver
Bronze

the pokemon wil be those colors and tehy will be special for each one

Gold able to use any power water, fire, electric, etc
Silver able to turn pokemon into a certain typre a limited of times
Bronze able to locate special items

Black Fox of the Darkness
03-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Okay if yah make the game this is some great ideas on special pokemon heres a list of my special type of pokemon ideas:

Sapphire
Ghost (from P.C.)
Crystal
Shiny (from P.C.)
Shadow
Mettalic (from P.C.)
Ancient

Okay heres another idea you can make somthin called Promotionial pokemon which are like limited and you can only get them for a week than there gone and they wont come back for a while heres a list of a type of rarity a promoti0onal pokemon can be:

Gold
Silver
Bronze

the pokemon wil be those colors and tehy will be special for each one

Gold able to use any power water, fire, electric, etc
Silver able to turn pokemon into a certain typre a limited of times
Bronze able to locate special items

There is already a shadow and metalic

shadow2448
03-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Oni are yah gonna make the new poke crater if you already have and made the website than tell me the name of the website.

Frozen_in_Time
03-25-2008, 08:36 AM

I could do the spriting for you ^^

Rekhyt
03-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I could do the spriting for you ^^

I'm pretty sure this idea died a very long time ago.

Zapped
03-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Um... this may not be nessersery. Last night, a friend of mine told me that Pokemon Crater might be re-opening on the 29th of March; 2 days away! Or if the stuff aint finished in time, a little while longer. How does she know this? She's a friend of Mr. Hobo. So Oni, you might not have to do this. And even if you wanted to do this, it would take more than enough people just for mapping and stuff.