PDA

View Full Version : [RMT] Warning! A New Theme Team Approaching!

Fire Away
02-04-2008, 10:06 AM
A Celebration of SSBB

Iíve taken six of the newcomers from Super Smash Brothers Brawl, matched them to certain Pokemon who I feel fit them, and made a team out of it.

The idea is silly and the team isnít meant to be taken too seriously, but Iíve had a surprisingly decent run with it.

Iím not even sure how this idea popped into my head, but it prompted a new team, so here it is. :]

The main goal of this team is to amuse myself. I didnít create it with a particular goal in mind, but I noticed as I started building it that it started to revolve around Lucario (my favorite Brawl addition, FYI). He was initially Specs Lucario, but with all the support I packed onto the team with Rapid Spin and Wish support, I opted for a Calm Mind set. I see lots of opportunities to allow for a set up.

http://i28.tinypic.com/n3lsgh.jpg

Porygon2@Leftovers **ROB
Modest, Trace
EVs: 228 HP, 136 Def, 144 Sp. Attack
Discharge
Ice Beam
Tri Attack
Recover

Perhaps I was stretching it here, but theyíre similar in conceptÖkinda. Iíve also been dying to try a P2 lead, so here he is. Discharge is mainly for Gyarados leads, but that 30% Paralyze is sexy.

http://i31.tinypic.com/16kdhlx.jpg

Blissey@Leftovers **Wario
Bold
EVs: 148 HP, 252 Def, 104 Sp. Attack, 4 Speed
Wish
Protect
Ice Beam
Seismic Toss

Fat and ugly, just like her amusingly mustached counterpart. Blisseyís aesthetics aside, sheís still the best special wall in the game, bar none. Iíve opted for Wish Bliss here, to create some easier switch ins for Lucario. Ice Beam so Gengar wonít wall me so bad. :[

http://i25.tinypic.com/15eer9k.jpg

Empoleon@Life Orb ** D3
Timid
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 216 Speed, 40 HP
Agility
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot

A cuddly penguin who brings death and pain to those who oppose him? Sounds about right for Empoleon. Agility Empoleon is a hugely underrated threat.

http://i31.tinypic.com/2m6wemp.jpg

Donphan **LANDMASTAA
Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Attack
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stealth Rocks
Rapid Spin

Okay, so The Landmaster isnít technically a newcomer, but youíd think it was from how much heís featured. Donphan is just as heavily armored as everyoneís favorite Final Smash, and he can even do a barrel roll (Rapid Spin)! SR are a nice addition to any team.

http://i32.tinypic.com/347zfgo.jpg
Staraptor@Choice Band **Falco Lombardi
Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
Close Combat
Brave Bird
Return
U-Turn

Falco isnít new, but he got decloned in Brawl. To celebrate this, I gave him a slot on my team. Also gives some physical presence, which is nice, since this team is almost all special.

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa448.png

Lucario@Leftovers **Why Mewtwo Isnít In Brawl
Modest
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 HP/Speed, 6 HP/Def
Calm Mind
HP Ice
Shadow Ball
Aura Sphere

Nickname aside, I really like Lucario. The more I use the CM version I wonder why it isnít the standard. This thing does an amazing job of cleaning up late game. The EVs are where I become unsure. I was thinking of HP for overall bulkyness, since he has a host of useful resists already. I also am having trouble remembering what 279 speed allows me to outrun. Iím really leaning towards HP. A fast CM isnít that important for Lucario, with how many switches he can force.

XÍnaz
02-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Let's see...
First, I'd run a Lum Berry on P-2. Helps it out incredibly as a lead, believe me. Wish Bliss is a good idea since only one other Pokťmon has reliable recovery, so that will be nice. Unless you're using Empoleon for the cool factor, I think you could find a better Special Sweeper. If you still want a sort of Novelty Unexpected set, maybe you could run a MixGross. It can at least beat out Blissey one v. one. Donphan is alright, only two Pokťmon are actually hurt by Toxic Spikes and only one is weak to Stealth Rocks, so IMO you could even find something better for that slot. CBStaraptor is pretty kick ass I must admit. As for Lucario, try this EV spread out: 220 HP / 190 DEF / 100 SPATK. Gives you optimal Leftovers recovery, enough Special Attack to 2HKO Blissey after two Calm Minds, and the rest pumped into defense. Bologo used that spread on me in a battle and it was very, very strong.

Team is very Mixape weak. Heracross can hurt a lot too. er-- Close Combat hurts, especially if they can come back with something else. SD Lucario is another threat... It's fun to make theme teams, but you might need to make some sacrifices to make it a very good team.

Tsk Tsk.. No Ninetails? What about Fox McCloud? :wink:

Fire Away
02-15-2008, 06:01 AM
^Thanks a lot for that. I had no doubt there'd be some lame weaknesses since I pretty much pulled this team from nowhere.

Anyways, I was thinking of adding Choice Scarf to Staraptor to combat (lol) the fighting problem, but that's not so reliable and could face a lot of problems switching in. Weezing might fit that roll. With his two heads, he could maybe be Ice Climbers. It wouldn't be just newcomers anymore, but it'd still be Brawl. I'm just not so sure what to take out.

I can find mons that are good and fit into the theme. You watch me. ;P

Itachi_2007
02-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Blissey really doesn't need the SPD EV's... That's really all I can suggest.. Choice Scarf 'Cross ruins this Team, 4 of your Pokemon die to Closr Combat, Staraptor dies to Stone Edge, Donphan really is the only who survives it, but really is a sitting duck to it... definitely get Gliscor over something... Edit: If you don't mind the recoil damage, then Double-Edge is an option for Staraptor as well since it IS a hit-and-run Poke...

Fire Away
02-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Blissey really doesn't need the SPD EV's... That's really all I can suggest.. Choice Scarf 'Cross ruins this Team, 4 of your Pokemon die to Closr Combat, Staraptor dies to Stone Edge, Donphan really is the only who survives it, but really is a sitting duck to it... definitely get Gliscor over something...

Bleh 252/252 Bliss is dated.

Please see the previous post. I don't actually use this team much anymore, but I think I'd like to. :o

The question is, what do I put Weezing (who I'm picking D:) over?

Itachi_2007
02-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Bleh 252/252 Bliss is dated. I didn't say to use her, now did I? I like Wishbliss anyways...
Please see the previous post. I don't actually use this team much anymore, but I think I'd like to. :o

The question is, what do I put Weezing (who I'm picking D:) over? Hmm... I'd put it over one of the three special sweepers...

Comments / rate in bold...