PDA

View Full Version : Trainer

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-20-2005, 01:46 AM
Here is an image I made of myself. I drew the outline by hand, scanned it in, traced the outline in MS Paint and then got rid of the other lines. Finally I coloured and shaded it in Paint then (tryed to) soften it a bit in Paint Shop Pro. So here it is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pokemontrainersarah/pkmntrainersarah05.png

To me, the left shoulder looks a little off and I don't really like the expression, but I think it's one of my best ^^; I'm happy with how the right hand turned out because I am hopeless at hands.

Anyway, comments and constructive crits are welcome ^_^

manectrics_shockwave
04-20-2005, 01:48 AM
i like it, but i think the eyes kind of make it look like a doll. :biggrin:

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-20-2005, 02:14 AM
Yeah, there's something about the expression I don't like...

Suisho Ai
04-20-2005, 03:50 AM
i love it. I love the shadowing, and the detail in the hair.

the eyes are a bit freaky, but i think its because you've made the bottom half of the iris slightly larger than the top half, so the eyes almost look like they are upside down.

also if u lowered the nose a bit it would help with the expression that you guys have commented on.

Then maybe add eyebrows, so the forehead doesn't stand out so much.

Other than that, great job! Looking forward to seeing more of your work

hi, back again

here's what i've done with it (hope you don't mind)

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=659&stc=1

what do u think?

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the tips!

I can't see the picture :ermm: It's probably just my dumb computer though...

Darn! I wish I could see it.

Neptune's Disciple
04-22-2005, 09:19 AM
I can't see it either... Good job Sarah btw.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-22-2005, 09:30 AM
I can't see it either... Good job Sarah btw.

Oh good it's not just my computer ^^;

Thanks ^_^

sybersaur3000
04-23-2005, 12:36 AM
That looks pretty good.

The eyes are googly...Like a babies... If you tired to use some shading on the eyes then I think it would look much more like an anime image.

You might want to work on how she grips the poke'ball.

Dragon Lover
04-24-2005, 04:14 PM
Its good and all but the eyes look like my sisters doll and her pokeball looks like a rugby ball and shes a bit slanted... just comenting :tongue:

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Ok guys. I tried fixing the eyes a bit. I just did a quick five minute job (as you can probably see) and tried out some different eyes and tried fixing the Pokeball that looks like a rugby lol. Anyway this is just a quick one to see if you think its better and then I can fix it up properly later.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pokemontrainersarah/pkmntrainersarah2.jpg

(IMO it looks scary xP but let me know what you think...)

Jack of Clovers
04-25-2005, 05:00 AM
eyes much better.

the problem i see is the slant position and the way her feet are facing.
otherwise, nice drawing. :biggrin:

~Jack~

sybersaur3000
04-25-2005, 04:12 PM
The picture all of a sudden got blurry! I guess because it wasn't saved as a PNG file...

Great improvement on the eyes and I guess having a hand grip something is kinda hard.

Dragon Lover
04-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Aaaahhhh...finally she does'nt play rugby anymore well anyway the eyes are great, but why does she alwys slant? Ah well anyway good job on the trainer.

Seto Kaiba
04-26-2005, 12:51 AM
I like it! The eyes don't look like a toy anymore.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I might redo it completely. I can't really stop her from slanting unless I redo the whole bottom half. Yeah she gave up playing Rugby, it just wasn't her thing :oops: The eyes still annoy me though. >.<;

~HKe~
04-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Wow, the second one's really good. Yeah, the first one looks like a doll. :biggrin:

Tanooki_John
07-19-2005, 10:22 AM
Sarah's picture looks nice. (both of them) I still wished someone would show me how to post pics in this. I was only used to it in NG but you couldnt post anything huge. Even though I also wished someone would make me a trainers card too. It seems everyone (just about) has some pretty darn good sigs too.