PDA

View Full Version : Lucario help

Zan1986
02-08-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm training a physical Lucario and I want to know which move is better for it, Stone Edge or Earthquake?

Dragon_Master
02-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Well, seeing as Lucario already has a little resistance to flyings, I think that EQ would be better/

Leman
02-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Well, seeing as Lucario already has a little resistance to flyings, I think that EQ would be better/

Actually Stone Edge gives it a bit better coverage, because only types it needs that EQ hits that CC/Stone Edge does not is Elec/Poison. The only common Poisons are Roserade, Tentacruel, and Weezing (iirc) both of which aren't scared of EQ. Elecs get hurt enough by regular Physical moves., because of their pathetic Physical defense.

MaskedJackal
02-08-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm a n00b at battling, but I say Stone Edge. It still takes care of those Fire-types, but it also takes care of fire/flying and other flying-types.

shedinjask
02-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Neither. SD/Extremespeed/Crunch/CC is the way to go.

Stone Edge can go over Crunch if your team can reliably take on Cressy and Slowbro.

regigigas96
02-09-2008, 02:55 PM
I'm a n00b at battling, but I say Stone Edge. It still takes care of those Fire-types, but it also takes care of fire/flying and other flying-types.

i agree besides u said you were training a physicle so. also earth doesn't hit flyings

Cucumber
02-15-2008, 02:20 AM
For a physical sweeping lucario you might want one of these two set's

Lucario@Choice band/Life orb
Adamant nature
Evs-252 attack/252 speed/6 Hp
~Extreme speed
~Blaze kick
~Close combat
~Stone edge/ Bullet punch/Earth quake

Blaze kick for coverage, Extreme speed to get rid of choice scarf heracross or any other threats, close combnat for a reliable stab, and the last three for any coverage you want really.

Or the swords dance set
Lucario@focus sash
Adamant nature
Evs-252 attack/252 speed/6 Hp
~Swords dance
~Bullet punch
~Close combat
~Crunch/Stone edge

Bullet punch for a nice stab and a always go first move, close combat another nice stab, and crunch/Stone edge for coverage of your choice.

Fire Away
02-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Extremespeed and Crunch > Bullet Punch and Stone Edge. Without Crunch, Cresselia and Dusknoir laugh in your face. :|

Groudon_fan
02-15-2008, 02:39 AM
Actually Stone Edge gives it a bit better coverage, because only types it needs that EQ hits that CC/Stone Edge does not is Elec/Poison. The only common Poisons are Roserade, Tentacruel, and Weezing (iirc) both of which aren't scared of EQ. Elecs get hurt enough by regular Physical moves., because of their pathetic Physical defense.
Plus, lucario is a steel type. resists poison ftw.

i agree besides u said you were training a physicle so. also earth doesn't hit flyings

Stone edge is rock type. still hits flyings.

I say Stone edge.

Itachi_2007
02-15-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm training a physical Lucario and I want to know which move is better for it, Stone Edge or Earthquake?

[B]Stone Edge. High Crit ratio FTW. As well as some other stuff...

Lucario @ Choice Band
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 SPD / 6 HP
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Close Combat ---< STAB (Same Type Attack Power.) priorities come first. :D
- Extremespeed
- Crunch --< Eh, what Fire Away said...
- Stone Edge.B]

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Honestly I don't see the point in CB Lucario when pokemon like Gallade, Salamence, and Heracross run CB MUCH better and Luke has access to SD, which will outdamage Choice Band and you'll have freedom of moves.

shedinjask
02-15-2008, 08:29 PM
When most people see Luke they think 'setup', which you can use to your advantage. And if you reveal you have Stone Edge, they'll probably think you're Crunchless and might switch in Cressy or something.

But yeah SD is a better set.

Zapped
02-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Hmm... i would say, stone edge.

Try these.
Extremespeed
Close combat
Aura sphere
stone edge.

If i were you, i'de use these attacks. Especially Arua sphere, since it never misses.

Itachi_2007
02-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Honestly I don't see the point in CB Lucario when pokemon like Gallade, Salamence, and Heracross run CB MUCH better and Luke has access to SD, which will outdamage Choice Band and you'll have freedom of moves.

I was thinking SD as well... But I decided to go with CB for some reason... >_>

As for the above person, what's Aura Sphere doing on a Physical Sweeper? And even IF they are special and physical, nobody who knows actually something about pokemon would go with two fighting type moves... The other two moves or fine, and Cresselia laughs at you, especially without SD... And what if it has Reflect, let's say?

shedinjask
02-16-2008, 01:54 PM
Nah, Cressy lols at you without Crunch.

And when you turn 13 you will be joining Smogon right?

Itachi_2007
02-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Nah, Cressy lols at you without Crunch. That's what I was trying to say.. :D

And when you turn 13 you will be joining Smogon right? Yep. And as soon as I get a new comp... >_>

Yep.. Yeah, I need to get a new comp... hopefully I will get one for my b-day.. ( If my parents have enough money by then...)

Zan1986
02-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Extremespeed and Crunch > Bullet Punch and Stone Edge. Without Crunch, Cresselia and Dusknoir laugh in your face. :|

what about shadow claw, if I dont have crunch?

shedinjask
02-16-2008, 04:22 PM
That's 10 BP you're sacrificing. But if you absolutely must, Shadow Claw is better than nothing.

Itachi_2007
02-17-2008, 09:47 PM
what about shadow claw, if I dont have crunch?

SC does 28.60% - 33.56% to a Cresselia with 252 DEF + HP EVs, and as well as 31 HP and DEf EVs, I'm not sure about anything else.. But Cresselia can't really do anything, so overall it really is better then nothing..

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
SC does 28.60% - 33.56% to a Cresselia with 252 DEF + HP EVs, and as well as 31 HP and DEf EVs, I'm not sure about anything else.. But Cresselia can't really do anything, so overall it really is better then nothing..

That calc is seriously screwed up. Shadow Claw coming from 110 base Atk and a Swords Dance or Choice Band boost will do a lot more than that.

EDIT: Not to mention nobody runs max Def on Cresselia.

Zan1986
02-18-2008, 09:47 PM
That calc is seriously screwed up. Shadow Claw coming from 110 base Atk and a Swords Dance or Choice Band boost will do a lot more than that.

EDIT: Not to mention nobody runs max Def on Cresselia.

lol and dont forget that the chances of critical hit is increased allowing more damage.