PDA

View Full Version : BREEDiNG QUESTiONS

!CeMAn
04-21-2005, 04:04 AM
i read that a hatched pokemon will inherit it's stats from the parent that has the opposite gender of itself. like female hatchling inherits stats from male parent. that doesn't mean the hatchling could inherit stats it normally wouldn'y have otherwise, does it? 4 example: could i breed a snorlax with higher speed by mating 1 with a speedy pokemon?

DarkGardevoir
04-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Uhm......I guess not.
Only the moves from the father,and a little stats +

mlugia
04-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Stat breeding only affects the pokemon's IVs, but it's still bounded by its species boundaries (You'd never get a Snorlax with higher than 158 speed, for example, but you can get one under it)

!CeMAn
04-24-2005, 03:15 AM
thank you. that's all i needed 2 know!

maestrodos_mr2
09-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Hello i saw a website telling that when you breed a red gyarados and a gyarados the result will be a golden magikarp but the chance is 1:64. i don't know if it is true, can anyone telll me???:eh:

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
09-30-2007, 04:53 AM
It depends on gender and such as well. The odds will be increased a bit, but if you have a Shiny Ditto you will always have odds of 1:64.
This site explains it well: http://www.pichus-world.com/shiny.php#2.4

Please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in for a month or more. If you have questions you can make a new thread to ask. ^^