PDA

View Full Version : crystal - nearly 251

hannah potter
04-21-2005, 09:54 AM
what happens if you get all 251 pokemon on crystal version?

Kayden Javlaíakín
04-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Nothing...
*Adds words to go over 4-word minimum.

hannah potter
04-21-2005, 10:02 AM
i thought something special may happen.
what about the red version 151?

Zenaku
04-21-2005, 12:48 PM
i thought something special may happen.
what about the red version 151?Kayden is right; all you earn is satisfaction of completing the game. I know for a fact also that Red version owning 151 Pokemon also gives you nothing but satisfaction (I have all 151 on Red, without using a GameShark).

Satisfaction itself, however, is well worth the trouble.

Loyal Arcanine
04-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Isn't there on R/B/Y some sort of diploma you can get at the Celadon Mansion when you've captured 150 or 151?

Zenaku
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah, but it's just a picture:
Trainer sprite in lower right corner (With green tint)
"Diploma" at top.
Other text: "Player [Name] Congrats! This diploma certifies that you have completed your POKeDEX. GAME FREAK"

Not really anything special, although I haven't gotten all Pokemon in GSC so I don't know what the GSC diploma says. I have the 200 Pokemon needed in RS to get that diploma though, but again, that's all you gain.

In Green version, obtaining 150 Pokemon would get you not only a diploma, but a real Mew, but Green was a promotional version.

jozza_90
04-22-2005, 10:01 AM
hey i reckon a diploma is pretty awsome for finishing the game id like one to hang up on me wall :cool:

Loyal Arcanine
04-22-2005, 11:37 AM
hey i reckon a diploma is pretty awsome for finishing the game id like one to hang up on me wall :cool:

Lol, it's not a real diploma, it's in the game.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
04-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Lol, it's not a real diploma, it's in the game.

Lol, I think they were joking ^^;

jozza_90
04-22-2005, 12:59 PM
lol hey ill hang it up in my pokemon bedroom then

Zenaku
04-22-2005, 02:54 PM
lol Not sure, but I think the GB Printer can actually print it out, but that might be for GSC, RSE, or even for none of the games; don't have a GBP so I can't be sure.

ashkelon
04-22-2005, 04:25 PM
I've printed out the ones for RYBGSC on the GBP. You could also print out "pictures" of your pokes -- actually the 1st page entry for them. I used to do that whenever one of them hit level 100.

The trouble with that is the GBP used heat-sensitive paper, and it fades over time. So most of mine are pretty pale by now. The printer is fun with the camera, though. I've got a couple of the printers, but it's hard to find the rolls of paper anymore.

I'm 20 off from finishing my 'dex in R and FR, so as soon as I get to where I can catch Lunatone and some of the other version exclusives, I'll find out what you see in the new versions.

Stadium made it so easy to trade pokes and complete the 'dex for all your games.

Oh yeah, the printer cable doesn't fit in the GBA port, if I remember right. I will check tonight when I get home.

Zenaku
04-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Ah, I guess I was right about RBYGSC diplomas then.

When it comes to them though, I only have the RBY and RS diplomas, having never completed GSC to its fullest. With Ruby though, I have 201 of the 202, and have about 40 left to capture before I have all 386, so if I ever obtain them all I can see what you get. For the 200 though, the diploma is (Spoilers):

"Player: [Name]

HOENN POKeDEX
This document certifies
that you have successfully
completed your POKeDEX.

GAME FREAK"

Diploma has a green-pattern border, with very pale pink-like background. A pale yellow Pokeball design is in the center, with a picture of Wynaut in the lower right.

For some reason though I thought the diploma had a Pikachu last I checked... Could it have changed because I now have the National Dex? It does say "HOENN POKeDEX" after all; it might change depending one what Pokedex you have, or the number of Pokemon you own. Or, I might just be forgetful. :oops:

EDIT: Figured it out. I once saw a picture of another RS diploma, which was for the national Dex: it's a gold theme, and includes the Wynaut as well as a Pikachu holding a trohpy.

thepokingmaster123
04-23-2005, 03:45 AM
yea, the "game maker" gives it...

By the way, its much harder to get the maximum pokes in dex u can WITHOUT TRADING!!! My record is 206 pokes in Gold out of the possible 209. I cant seem to get a heracross or a pineco. Stupid headbutt!!! Curse those trees...

absol2005
04-23-2005, 09:04 AM
yea, the "game maker" gives it...

By the way, its much harder to get the maximum pokes in dex u can WITHOUT TRADING!!! My record is 206 pokes in Gold out of the possible 209. I cant seem to get a heracross or a pineco. Stupid headbutt!!! Curse those trees...

you can't get a pineco?
they're easily found at night at lake of rage.
the pokemons that i caught in G/S/C never pass the 100...

DarkGardevoir
04-23-2005, 11:57 AM
My record in Silver is 171 caught and 227 seen.I haven't traded many pokčmon so I can't have the traded evoluted form.
Thanks to my cousin whic have blue english version I have the 3 first starter,but i haven't these pokčmon
Aipom: Grrr........I hate it.Damned Headbutt.
Corsola: Well,I can have it,but in my game is day now.
Donphan: I must evolve my Phampy
Entei,Raikou and Suicune: I hate them,I wish my Crobat will trap them.
Exegutor and Vileplume: I have the grass stone,but I don't use because I want em and I use it when I'm sure my cousin had used on the other
Flareon,Vaporeon,Jolteon: I will use on them the stones,because if the legend it's real,with them i can have Mew and Celebi.
Forretress and Pineco: Damned Self-destruct.
Snubbul and Grandubull: I hate them too,they're too hard to catch.
Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan: I breed my Hitmontop and I can have them.
The fossil pokčmon: I can't have them because my cousin hadn't them in him blue version.
Mankey: In silver isn't aviable.
Remoraid and Qwilfish: The fishers are stupid,they never call me.

And more........

jaffa_G
04-23-2005, 12:02 PM
kool!! my record in blue was 150 caught and 150 seen!!! lol!! it took ages for that because i didnt have no-one to trade with so i had to wait lol!! i never got s/g/c i didnt see the point but now ive got ruby sapphire red blue yellow and lg

thepokingmaster123
04-23-2005, 04:12 PM
kool!! my record in blue was 150 caught and 150 seen!!! lol!! it took ages for that because i didnt have no-one to trade with so i had to wait lol!! i never got s/g/c i didnt see the point but now ive got ruby sapphire red blue yellow and lg

if you have a different blue or red version, u can also get your 151st poke as a mew thru teh mew glitch, and then a trade.

hannah potter
04-26-2005, 11:27 AM
what about blue then?