02-12-2008, 08:46 PM
infernape@choice band
jolly
255 atk and spd
mach punch
fire punch
earthquake
stone edge or aerial ace

mach punch is for a quick hit on weavile (close combat i might not get off and decrease dfe and spdfe me dont like that)
fire punch for stab (i dont like damage dealt to my self by flare blitz)
earthquake cause of its great power
need help on last move

lapras@leftovers
adament
255 hp and atk
avalanche
body slam
waterfall
attract

avalanche increase its power if i get hit first (lapras is pretty slow so do the math)
body slam cause it can paralze
waterfall for stab
attract cause its so annoying

ok what does everyone think

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-12-2008, 10:43 PM
What is with all of this irrelevant stuff?

First off, make your EVs divisible by 4.

Now I'm going to help with Infernape and have somebody else field Lapras.

Weavile can't OHKO Infernape with really anything it commonly has.

Close Combat's negative affect does nothing to Nape since it dies to splash anyways and is inly for hit and run.

CBers are only for hit and run, which is why you see stuff like Draco Meteor on specsMence.

EQ adds no additional coverage to Close Combat that Infernape actually needs since Electrics are toast from Close Combat anyways and lol Poison types.

Thunderpunch is really what Infernape wants to deal damage to waters (especially Starmie who will come in trying to counter the mixed version)

Flare Blitz is often used over Fire Punch.

As for Lapras, no attract...just, ever. Also, Lapras won't be going first if the opposition is paralyzed. If you use physical attacks with Lapras, it usually wants this following move...

Dragon Dance.

So I'd clean up your sets before posting them next time.

Stubby Boardman
02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
What is with all of this irrelevant stuff?

First off, make your EVs divisible by 4.

Now I'm going to help with Infernape and have somebody else field Lapras.

Weavile can't OHKO Infernape with really anything it commonly has.

Close Combat's negative affect does nothing to Nape since it dies to splash anyways and is inly for hit and run.

CBers are only for hit and run, which is why you see stuff like Draco Meteor on specsMence.

EQ adds no additional coverage to Close Combat that Infernape actually needs since Electrics are toast from Close Combat anyways and lol Poison types.

Thunderpunch is really what Infernape wants to deal damage to waters (especially Starmie who will come in trying to counter the mixed version)

Flare Blitz is often used over Fire Punch.

As for Lapras, no attract...just, ever. Also, Lapras won't be going first if the opposition is paralyzed. If you use physical attacks with Lapras, it usually wants this following move...

Dragon Dance.

So I'd clean up your sets before posting them next time.

im posting because i want people like you to tell me what to change ok get it

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-12-2008, 11:59 PM
im posting because i want people like you to tell me what to change ok get it

That is very tough to do when you don't post an entire team with it, especially with pokemon as versatile as Infernape where certain movesets fit certain teams better.

Stubby Boardman
02-13-2008, 12:28 PM
That is very tough to do when you don't post an entire team with it, especially with pokemon as versatile as Infernape where certain movesets fit certain teams better.

i dont know yet what else im going to use so I wanted to know if the movesets for the two pkmn above were decent or not and what others thought of them ok.
im not using body slam on lapras cause it slows the other pkmn down im using it cause when a pkmn is parlized sometimes they wont atk
i was thinking about using t-punch on infernape but didnt know what to get rid of
dragon dance for lapras i couldnt find the move but last night a saw it was an egg move so i might have my larpas know dragon dance

Easton
02-14-2008, 07:09 PM
For Infernape I would run a different Choice Band set:

Infernape @ Choice Band
Trait: Blaze
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~Close Combat
~Flare Blitz
~Thunder Punch
~Stone Edge

Close Combat / Flare Blitz nails things hard. Thunder Punch is specifically for Water types that threaten ape including Starmie and Gyarados. Stone Edge does a dent into Salamence and other Flying types. You need not worry about the Defense drop-Ape already has weak defenses

I would get rid of Lapras and perhaps move in something like Gyarados, which complements Infernape's weaknesses rather decently

Stubby Boardman
02-14-2008, 08:21 PM

Infernape @ Choice Band
~Close Combat
~Flare Blitz
~Thunder Punch
~Stone Edge

Close Combat / Flare Blitz nails things hard. Thunder Punch is specifically for Water types that threaten ape including Starmie and Gyarados. Stone Edge does a dent into Salamence and other Flying types. You need not worry about the Defense drop-Ape already has weak defenses

I would get rid of Lapras and perhaps move in something like Gyarados, which complements Infernape's weaknesses rather decently

thanks a lot for the advice

Itachi_2007
02-14-2008, 11:24 PM

Infernape @ Choice Band
~Close Combat
~Flare Blitz
~Thunder Punch
~Stone Edge

Yay, the first post in a while, now! Anyway, if you're speaking of the nature, Jolly lowers Special Attack, not Defense... Lapras's lackluster Attack Stats kinda prevents it from having great capabilities to utilize Body Slam's effect... For EVs, I'm kinda working on making them good for insight in S &M, so if somebody comes along and says this one's not good, and posts another Spread, use that one, k?

Lapras @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb --< That Trait's more preferred
EVs: 200 HP / 96 SATK / 180 SDEF
Calm / Modest / Bold Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rest / Sing. Whatever floats your boat on the last two...

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-14-2008, 11:40 PM
HP Ground is cool for Lanturn, or HP grass works to also hit Quagsire hard. I generally am not a big fan of rest on an attacking Lapras when it lacks Sleep Talk.

Stubby Boardman
02-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Yay, the first post in a while, now! Anyway, if you're speaking of the nature, Jolly lowers Special Attack, not Defense... Lapras's lackluster Attack Stats kinda prevents it from having great capabilities to utilize Body Slam's effect... For EVs, I'm kinda working on making them good for insight in S &M, so if somebody comes along and says this one's not good, and posts another Spread, use that one, k?

Lapras @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb --< That Trait's more preferred
EVs: 200 HP / 96 SATK / 180 SDEF
Calm / Modest / Bold Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rest / Sing. Whatever floats your boat on the last two...

i looked on serrbii and both atk and spatk have the same max
nice moveset ill take it into consideration thanks

HP Ground is cool for Lanturn, or HP grass works to also hit Quagsire hard. I generally am not a big fan of rest on an attacking Lapras when it lacks Sleep Talk.

thanks for the input

Cucumber
02-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Attract are you for serious? If your going with an adamant lapras go for this set.

Lapras@Leftovers
Water absorb
Evs-252 attack/176 speed/80 Special defense
~Waterfall
~Dragon dance
~Ice shard/avalanche
~T-bolt

Water absorb for absorbing damage after stealth rock or spikes, Ice shard or Avalanche for a nice stab same with waterfall and t-bolt for skarms who try and counter you.

Itachi_2007
02-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Attract are you for serious? If your going with an adamant lapras go for this set.

Lapras@Leftovers
Water absorb
~Waterfall
~Dragon dance
~Ice shard/avalanche
~T-bolt

Water absorb for absorbing damage after stealth rock or spikes, Ice shard or Avalanche for a nice stab same with waterfall and t-bolt for skarms who try and counter you.

Needs at least some Special Attack EVs invested if you're going with Thunderbolt...

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Needs at least some Special Attack EVs invested if you're going with Thunderbolt...

It really doesn't since Skarmory can't take a supereffective special hit to save its life...it only needs to 2HKO Skarmory. I think it can 2HKO off the bat but if not throw in a few SAtk EVs.

Stubby Boardman
02-15-2008, 05:25 PM

Lapras@Leftovers
Water absorb
~Waterfall
~Dragon dance
~Ice shard/avalanche
~T-bolt

thanks i like the moveset

ok thank you

It really doesn't since Skarmory can't take a supereffective special hit to save its life...it only needs to 2HKO Skarmory. I think it can 2HKO off the bat but if not throw in a few SAtk EVs.

yes your right thanks