PDA

View Full Version : Grader Wages: 12/27/07 - 2/14/08

EmBreon
02-14-2008, 08:42 AM
I've used the new wage system with these; check the Grading Group thread for more details.

BryceBoy10- $27,400
Cune- $11,650
Dark Rider- $3,650
Djax94- $6,200
EmBreon- $6,300
FireflyK- $22,900
Leman- $14,500
Nikki the Mew- $3,000
Nobodys_Nerd- $6,000
PhantomKat7- $19,650
Pikahero2- $21,600
Pokemon Trainer Sarah- $3,350
Psychic- $5,500
Rust- $3,750
SiberianTiger- $4,950
Splishee- $13,850
The Jr Trainer- $22,600
Tyranitar_Trainer- $11,150

Happy Valentine's Day! I love you all. <3

Totally stole the color thing from Meg. Don't tell her. D:

Emily
02-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Money~

Wow, I got a fair whack more than I put myself down for... XD

<3 you muchly.

pikahero2
02-14-2008, 10:29 AM
OMG I got a lot of money. Was there a bonus for V-Day? <3

BTW, my sig is for everyone. Happy V-Day <3

Thanks Emma. ^^;

EmBreon
02-14-2008, 12:12 PM
OMG I got a lot of money. Was there a bonus for V-Day? <3

:o

I give no bonuses. :devious:

The wages have been modified a bit to accommodate the time/effort it takes to grade. Such as how people were getting about $1k for spending four hours reading and typing a grade for a 70k story, and so fourth.. :/

Tweaked system here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=903814&postcount=4). Have fun.

pikahero2
02-14-2008, 12:24 PM
:o

I give no bonuses. :devious:

The wages have been modified a bit to accommodate the time/effort it takes to grade. Such as how people were getting about $1k for spending four hours reading and typing a grade for a 70k story, and so fourth.. :/

Tweaked system here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=903814&postcount=4). Have fun.

Oh, cool. I like that better than the old one. =P

Mitsuzo-kun
02-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Lol, even with the new system, I only got 6.2k. :x

'tis a sign I need to grade more. But thanks Em! <33

Seawolf
02-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks for doing this, Emma. My internet connection has been sketchy, and I didn't have the time to do these at all. =/

Nikki the Mew
02-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Teehee! ^^ 3k! Thankus.

The Jr Trainer
02-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Holy flippin' cheeseburgers. :O That's a lot of money.

Thanks, Em. :3

Legendary Wolf
02-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Nice, I need to grade more though. :s

Elrond
02-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks. Would someone kindly place me on the inactive list for now? I've had pretty much zero time lately (you'll notice I haven't done a grade in about a month), and I don't expect that to change.

Bryce
02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Woot! Woot! I got the most! <3

Wow, Emma, $27,400? That is so pwn-tastic (I only had like 13k in the log) *hordes it away for a rainy day* ;D

Thanks-ness!

<3

Psychic
02-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Omfg! The grading system has finally been changed to actually be fair! Like woa!

Nice job on the new system - they certainly look much better. Though why not delete the old one? o.O Eh, not like it matters, anyway; the change I have been so desperately hoping for has arrived. maybe now I'll actually get back to grading. =o

*Please do not go overboard on your grades. If the grade is longer than the actual story, it is obviously too much. Customize the grade to the story.
I disagree and rather resent that, having written a grade that was about 23k for a story that wasn't much longer (iirc). Just because a grade is longer than the story, doesn't make it "too much." If the story sucks and you're a good grader who decided that you want to point out exactly what was bad and say how it could have been better, then there's no such thing as "too much." All grades are technically "customized," and I don't know about the rest of you, but I am going to give feedback that I as a reviewer find appropriate, and I won't hold back trying to help just because you think it's "too long." Unless the grade is stupidly long, as in it's only long because the grader just quoted all the funny parts or whatever, then whoever is giving the wages should take this into account.

Just because the grade is longer than the story, doesn't mean the grade is worth less than any other grade or that it needs to be cut down. A grader should say what there is to be said, and if it's going to help the writer, they shouldn't hold back.

Why do I rant in these threads? Because I want to say more than just "thanks for the moneyz," duh!

Hahano. But in all seriousness, thanks for changing the system and calculating the wages. Happy Valentine's Day. *takes $5,500*

~Psychic

Phantom Kat
02-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Yay, new system and money! =)

Thanks for doing these, Emma and Happy Valentines Day, ya'll. =^.^=

- Kat

EDIT: Holey beanz, I acatually have even money now. O.o

Lord Celebi
02-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the monies.

Once I get my last probation star off, I'd also like to be moved into the inactive grader list. Its a bit stressful having to fear getting a Weak Grade when grading >_>

Leman
02-14-2008, 11:54 PM
D:

I like the uneven money I was gonna give myself. It made me have a number that wasn't retarded. ;_;

Anyways thanks for the money. :)

Splishee
02-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Thankyou for the money! ^_^

I'm a little confused; do we need to record our grades, still?

EmBreon
02-15-2008, 05:52 PM
I disagree and rather resent that, having written a grade that was about 23k for a story that wasn't much longer (iirc). Just because a grade is longer than the story, doesn't make it "too much." If the story sucks and you're a good grader who decided that you want to point out exactly what was bad and say how it could have been better, then there's no such thing as "too much." All grades are technically "customized," and I don't know about the rest of you, but I am going to give feedback that I as a reviewer find appropriate, and I won't hold back trying to help just because you think it's "too long." Unless the grade is stupidly long, as in it's only long because the grader just quoted all the funny parts or whatever, then whoever is giving the wages should take this into account.

Just because the grade is longer than the story, doesn't mean the grade is worth less than any other grade or that it needs to be cut down. A grader should say what there is to be said, and if it's going to help the writer, they shouldn't hold back.

~Psychic

I understand what you are saying, but by "customizing the grade to the story" I mean making it on the level of the story. For example, if someone completely new to the URPG or even writing in general comes in and writes a 3k story for a Wurmple, they would most likely be overwhelmed by an extremely long grade or think it meant that they did a bad job (which could result in them not wanting to write anymore). Even if the story is bad, you don't want to just point out everything they did wrong, because it's extremely discouraging. Basically, most of the younger or new writers will not appreciate a long grade like the more experienced ones will unless they specifically say that they do. So it would kind of be a waste of time to spend hours on a grade that the writer may not even read.

That doesn't mean to make them extremely short either; we are here to help them after all. Just keep them less complex, and only point out the major things instead of tiny details. I know you love giving loads of feedback, and that's really great, I would just grade the more advanced stories, so all of the effort you put in isn't wasted.

Once I get my last probation star off, I'd also like to be moved into the inactive grader list. Its a bit stressful having to fear getting a Weak Grade when grading >_>

One Weak grade doesn't get you on probation. :P You have to do it excessively. Your grading recently has be great, so you really don't have anything to worry about.

I'm a little confused; do we need to record our grades, still?

Unless Meg thinks otherwise, the Grading Log isn't really needed. I think wages will be done like normal, so no need to log them anymore.

Lord Celebi
02-19-2008, 11:55 PM
One Weak grade doesn't get you on probation. :P You have to do it excessively. Your grading recently has be great, so you really don't have anything to worry about.

I only made two weak grades after the new system was implemented and I got two stars :P

I'd still like to be moved to Inactive Graders once I clear my stars.

EmBreon
02-21-2008, 06:03 AM
I only made two weak grades after the new system was implemented and I got two stars :P

I'd still like to be moved to Inactive Graders once I clear my stars.

The grades before that started were counted as well; everyone's were. That's why it was started in the first place. :oops: But we can get you on Inactive if you want, no big deal.

Full_Metal_Al
02-21-2008, 05:14 PM
uum... sorry if im not suppose to ask this here, but how do i become a grader for a while, im not that good at writeing storys write, but i have OCD and So I REALLY notice every little detail wrong with things, and i like reading storys, alot of times i give people brief ideas of whats wrong, only because i dont fill like writeing along one just ot get it ingored. so if i become a grader, i would really like that, if there is a spot open, if not okay.... sorry if i wasnt suppose to post this here, i looked all over and couldnt fnd were to post it, and this place made the most sene, if you want ill delete this message.

SiberianTiger
02-21-2008, 05:25 PM
-O-M-F-G-

You want to pay attention to details, please, read the rules as has been suggested to you, by numerous people. You'll find everything you need to know about the URPG there. And please, if you want to make grader, you need to seriously clean up your grammar.

http://th187.photobucket.com/albums/x245/Jazzy_loves_gaara/th_mariofail4ms.gif

~Isaiah

Full_Metal_Al
02-21-2008, 05:33 PM
okay, but just because m grammar is bad doesnt mean i cant see when grammar is bad, i read books alot, and its really hard to impress me. sorry about that, i didnt mean to upset anyone.

and ive read rules! about 20 threads f them! i dont et it, were are all THESE rules? its confuseing, because for once i have read most of the rules, all the ones i could fine at least (other than the contest rules) so im confused...

I am working on my spelling and grammar, i cant snap my fingers and be better all of a sudden, and people barking at me that it sucks every 5 seconds doesnt make me want to try harder, maybe if you knew how bad my spelling and grammar was a year ago. most of it comed from the fact i am the lord of typos, i typeo every other word sometimes.

Solange
02-21-2008, 05:35 PM
okay, but just because m grammar is bad doesnt mean i cant see when grammar is bad, i read books alot, and its really hard to impress me. sorry about that, i didnt mean to upset anyone.

and ive read rules! about 20 threads f them! i dont et it, were are all THESE rules? its confuseing, because for once i have read most of the rules, all the ones i could fine at least (other than the contest rules) so im confused...

I am working on my spelling and grammar, i cant snap my fingers and be better all of a sudden, and people barking at me that it sucks every 5 seconds doesnt make me want to try harder, maybe if you knew how bad my spelling and grammar was a year ago. most of it comed from the fact i am the lord of typos, i typeo every other word sometimes.

Don't argue with ST, he's just proving a point.

Even if you can point out mistakes, you should have nearly flawless grammar when becoming a grader. :[

Smurf
02-21-2008, 05:39 PM

Until you can snap your fingers and magically do better, you won't be a grader. =\ They're not going to let a grader with poor grammar and spelling in.

Not to mention, if you can't understand the rules, how do you to expect to be a good grader if you can't comprehend rather in depth rules? I realize they don't explain everything, and that's what the URPG chat thread exists for as well as Reffing FAQ, but the things you're asking it does explain. =\

Face it, we all know you didn't read the rules just by the questions you've been asking. Sit down when you have enough time and read the "Read Firsts" of every URPG section.

And besides, until you actually write some stories and have a good idea of how the URPG works, you probably won't get to become a grader since you're so new. Same goes for reffing.

Full_Metal_Al
02-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Fine then. Most of the time if I re-read my post 'befor' I post it I can correct all of my grammar mistakes. But most of the time I don't, because I don't have the time usely.

This post was done this way.

EDIT: I did read the rules to the URPG Battle and Stroy threads, I am just unsure about some of the rules, and some of them I misundestood. There are 8,000,000 rules, so I cant get every last one right off the top of my head. Also I'm from Louisiana, so I talk diffrently then most of you people (Somehwat) wich explains some of grammar.

Smurf
02-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Fine then. Most of the time if I re-read my post 'befor' I post it I can correct all of my grammar mistakes. But most of the time I don't, because I don't have the time usely.

This post was done this way.

EDIT: I did read the rules to the URPG Battle and Stroy threads, I am just unsure about some of the rules, and some of them I misundestood. There are 8,000,000 rules, so I cant get every last one right off the top of my head. Also I'm from Louisiana, so I talk diffrently then most of you people (Somehwat) wich explains some of grammar.
Where you live is no excuse for your grammar. =\ And there are not eight million rules, so stop exaggerating.

You cannot possibly become a grader though. You said it yourself, you don't have the time. It requires a lot of time to become a grader, and if you don't even have time to correct your own posts, you can't possibly have the time to grade stories. =\

Cow_Guy
02-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Being from the state of LA has nothing to do with your grammar. They speak English like everyone else here. And, if you say you don't have the time now, why post at all? Please stop posting, just stop.

Lord Celebi
02-21-2008, 09:57 PM

First of all, capitalize your "I"s. Easy little improvement. Second, get Firefox. It has a built in spellchecker. Third, clean up your posts :P

Full_Metal_Al
02-23-2008, 07:06 AM
First of all, capitalize your "I"s. Easy little improvement. Second, get Firefox. It has a built in spellchecker. Third, clean up your posts :P
I can work on the rest of these things, but my computer can't download anything, I put to many games on it, and screwed it up(my dad put some on too), So, now it restarts if I try to download so much as a single song. (P.S. I'm already working on cleaning my posts up.) I really want to do this, so I will work on cleaning my posts up, once you people say there good enough can you give me a test or something? See if I try I can make my posts better.

Galleon
02-23-2008, 07:34 AM
I can work on the rest of these things, but my computer can't download anything, I put to many games on it, and screwed it up(my dad put some on too), So, now it restarts if I try to download so much as a single song. (P.S. I'm already working on cleaning my posts up.) I really want to do this, so I will work on cleaning my posts up, once you people say there good enough can you give me a test or something? See if I try I can make my posts better.
Grading Info (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8446). Mm, there we go. Shall we continue spoon feeding you?

This thread is done, I think. Thanks for playing, folks.