PDA

View Full Version : My new team!

NS_Odyssey
02-15-2008, 11:06 PM
could you rate my team out of 10 please. I’m not gonna post my EVs casue i’m too lazy to go get my notebook, but i’ll say medium, low or high in that area i put evs if i did(Unless i do know thier evs). thanx

Gengar (pure sp sweeper 252 sp atk/ 252speed /4hp)
timid
focus sash
-Thunderbolt
-shadow ball
-destiny bond
-energy ball
I'm actually having a lot of problems with deciding if this move set is...okay.
-------------------
Dragonite( pure ph sweeper 252atk/252speed/ 4 hp)
Adamant
lum berry
-aerial ace
-outrage
-brick break
-substitute
-------------------
Swampert
impish
chesto berry
-avalanche
-earthquake
-rest
-sleeptalk
EV: HP-high Def-Medium Spd-medium atk- high
I love swampert!! my favorite pokemon! :) Do you think chesto berry is good enough?
---------------------
Empolion
modest
shuca berry
-ice beam
-surf
-grass knot
-roar/ flash cannon(for ice when i play in battle tower)
(similar EV spread as swampert except high in spa not atk)
a few problems i have with this one. Shca berry? yes? no? grass knot? roar!? He needs some help!
---------------------
Bronzong (wall, 252 hp/ remaining was split equally for def and spdef)
relaxed
wide lense
-Hypnosis
-dream eater
-block
-reflect
???i don't know what to say about this dude
-------------------
Snorlax(wall)
impish
leftovers
-curse
-crunch
-rest
-sleeptalk
EVs(252-hp, remaining split in spd and def)
I actually "rediscovered" curselax, but mine has crunch, this is so I can get those ghosts!

Sorry about the EVs, its in my notebook on my bookshelf. Its like a 20 ft walk there but i'm lazy :]. Any suggestions!? I’d appreciate it much!

Oh yeah, what's a good pokemon in this team to start out with? thanx~

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-16-2008, 02:29 AM
Get rid of the hypnosis/dream eater combo on Bronzong, as it sucks.

Also combining Curselax and ResttalkLax isn't going to work. Curselax sucks so take off curse and go for Body Slam as your STAB move.

Dragonite needs Dragon Dance if it's ran as a physical sweeper as well.

Itachi_2007
02-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Go with Resttalklax this gen, Spongebob Number One Fan will explain why... I forgot what he said on PC... >_>

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 196 HP / 140 SDEF / 100 ATK / 200 DEF
Careful Nature (+SDEF, -SATK
- Body Slam
- Earthquake / Crunch
- Sleep Talk
- Rest. Wierd Spread, I know...

NS_Odyssey
02-16-2008, 04:22 PM
that is a weird spread! and ur right my bronzong sucks, all he does is just get in the way, though i never really have to use him anyways. I'll replace him with a togekiss! I'll also release him cause he's so useles! jk

u guys sure about curselax, he really does help me a lot in late game (pvp 6 on 6)

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-16-2008, 04:31 PM
Itachi putting Def on ResttalkLax is totally defeating the purpose. Snorlax needs TONS of Special Defense and a lot of HP as well. If you're concerned about physical attackers then go ahead with Curselax but it WILL be a dead weight because things like Nasty Plot Azelf and Porygon-Z easily 2HKO Curselax.

Togekiss doesn't really do anything for this team in all honesty.

You have Dragonite for the late game. But it needs DD/EQ/Fire Punch/Outrage.

BTW what is with that Swampert? Chestoresting is honestly a terrible strategy that robs Swampert of his Leftovers recovery and Sleep talk is just an epic waste on it with a Chesto Berry.

NS_Odyssey
02-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Itachi putting Def on ResttalkLax is totally defeating the purpose. Snorlax needs TONS of Special Defense and a lot of HP as well. If you're concerned about physical attackers then go ahead with Curselax but it WILL be a dead weight because things like Nasty Plot Azelf and Porygon-Z easily 2HKO Curselax.

Togekiss doesn't really do anything for this team in all honesty.

You have Dragonite for the late game. But it needs DD/EQ/Fire Punch/Outrage.

BTW what is with that Swampert? Chestoresting is honestly a terrible strategy that robs Swampert of his Leftovers recovery and Sleep talk is just an epic waste on it with a Chesto Berry.

:O U dare insult my swampert!!!???? Okay...so should i give him hammer arm then?

and ur right, usually i only get to use rest once before they figure him out.

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-21-2008, 02:32 AM
:O U dare insult my swampert!!!???? Okay...so should i give him hammer arm then?

and ur right, usually i only get to use rest once before they figure him out.

Hammer Arm is redundant with Earthquake as they have really similar coverage.

Ice Beam is great for Dragons and Hydro Pump will do the normal Mixpert things and honestly Mixpert is probably the best Swampert set.

The set usually has Stealth Rock or roar in the last slot.

Itachi_2007
02-23-2008, 01:45 PM
If you can't Leftovers, I forgot to add, Shuca' is fine, but I really would advise Leftovers... Also, Roar is technially reduandant and irrelevant w/o Spikes / SR support.

Spongebob Number One Fan
02-23-2008, 04:56 PM
If you can't Leftovers, I forgot to add, Shuca' is fine, but I really would advise Leftovers... Also, Roar is technially reduandant and irrelevant w/o Spikes / SR support.

Redundant? ???

You need Roar to take care of DD Sala and yyou can also scout for problem pokemon like dugtrio. Of course it's much better with Spikes/SR support but it doesn't by any means need it.