PDA

View Full Version : Apparantly Pokemon's Crap!

jaffa_G
04-24-2005, 08:01 PM
I Waswatchin The 100 Greatest Cartoon And I Saw Pokemon I Was Excited And Then I Saw They Come 73rd I Will Keep You Informed To Who Come 1st( Simpsons Prob!!) Anybody Can Raply

paperfairy
04-24-2005, 10:27 PM
How can it be crap? It made it on the top 100. There are some cartoons that didn't make it.

-PF

Thoughts: :rolleyes: IMO, it IS crap...

Lord Celebi
04-24-2005, 11:05 PM
God... You scared me there. I thought you didn't know Pokemon poo... Or possibly they show it in the anime...

Zenaku
04-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Wrong; Pokemon actually came 45th in the top 100 (Which was voted by British Channel 4 viewers). It did better than a lot of cartoons, though some cartoons were greatly overrated.

!ceahol!c
04-24-2005, 11:36 PM
What channel is it on, i want to watch it!

jaffa_G
04-25-2005, 08:16 AM
Wrong; Pokemon actually came 45th in the top 100 (Which was voted by British Channel 4 viewers). It did better than a lot of cartoons, though some cartoons were greatly overrated.

no it came 73rd!!!! i was watching it!!! o and also it was good they got onto the top 100 but still crap for 73rd!!

jozza_90
04-25-2005, 11:53 AM
in australia its probably in the top ten i dont think that it would come 73 out of the top 100 cause how many kids have got anything pokemon in their house? and when it first came out everything was pokemon

jaffa_G
04-25-2005, 12:16 PM
yea but we are looking at now!! not then!!! and also it was theold cartoons aswell not just the present!!!

Zenaku
04-25-2005, 01:01 PM
no it came 73rd!!!! i was watching it!!! o and also it was good they got onto the top 100 but still crap for 73rd!!
I also watched it.

Official List:
http://www.pkmn.co.uk/?viewnews=1109625425

Pokemon came 45th; "Pepe le Pew" came 73rd.

jaffa_G
04-25-2005, 01:14 PM
ovbiously watching the wrong one anyway thats still crap aint it we want it to come second after simpsons

IT
04-25-2005, 01:49 PM
ovbiously watching the wrong one anyway thats still crap aint it we want it to come second after simpsons

Simpsons and South Park are the only cartoons I watch, but it's true pokemon cartoons are crap... :cool:

Dog of Hellsing
05-03-2005, 03:36 AM
I myself only watch the movies. CN doesn't play the new Pokemon episodes anymore. In fact, they kinda left off in the middle of the Jhoto Journy series. If it weren't for that, I'd probably still watch the cartoons. As it is, I won't until I can somehow catch up from where I left off in JJ.

manectrics_shockwave
05-03-2005, 04:56 AM
Hey atleast Family Guy got 5th because Family Guy is the best show known to man kind!!

Dog of Hellsing
05-03-2005, 05:42 AM
Beh, I don't like Family Guy that much. Too strange for my tastes, and that's saying something (this coming from someone who thought Furi Curi was awesome as heck O_o).

Matt
05-03-2005, 12:26 PM
It's because nobody anywhere but Japan has respect for Anime (though I don't respect pokemon all too much, it's fake anime). 45 is really good, considering the thousands of different cartoons that have been aired in history.

LunaFlame
05-03-2005, 12:33 PM
i have to say that that is a lot of cartoons,but it is pretty cool that it made it(my opinion)

Missingno mystery
05-03-2005, 01:06 PM
I myself only watch the movies. CN doesn't play the new Pokemon episodes anymore. In fact, they kinda left off in the middle of the Jhoto Journy series. If it weren't for that, I'd probably still watch the cartoons. As it is, I won't until I can somehow catch up from where I left off in JJ.
CN does still show Pokemon, its jest that its been restricted to summers only (hope they'll restart this summer, only they know :rolleyes: ).

Matt
05-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Kids WB playsnew episodes every weekend. What's it matter what channel it's on?

Dog of Hellsing
05-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Actually, there are quite a few people who respect anime outside of Japan. Many of my friends and their families like anime, and my mom and I are fans of quite a few titles. Also, have you noticed that American cartoons are being redone to look like anime? The most recent (that I know of) being The Batman.

Anyways, I'm not too upset that Pokemon didn't score higher. The series is kinda bleah anymore anyways (from what I've heard, though like I said I would continue to watch it if I could pick it up from where it left off), though I still like the movies ^_^.

EDIT: Like I said earlier, I don't have Kids WB. So I guess I have to wait until summer to see the new epidoes.

Matt
05-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Try editing next time....

I meant in general, americans like American cartoons, brits like brtish cartoons, etc. Anime shows aren't a widely spread popularity.

Dog of Hellsing
05-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Whoop, didn't realize it double-posted. Meh, you know, you didn't have to say it that way. A simple "You double posted" would have sufficed.

Personally, I prefer the Japanese way of animation. It just looks...better, IMO.

Matt
05-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Whoop, didn't realize it double-posted. Meh, you know, you didn't have to say it that way. A simple "You double posted" would have sufficed.
Sorry.
Personally, I prefer the Japanese way of animation. It just looks...better, IMO.
And it has a lot more work put into it. I can draw Spongebob in five minutes, but it takes me an hour to draw a good Yusuke (or whatever his name is on Yu Yu Hakusho).

Dog of Hellsing
05-03-2005, 05:24 PM
It's okay ^_^.

And I suppose you're right. I can draw anime-style people and creatures and all better than I can any other style though. O_o Don't know why. Ah well.

Matt
05-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Plus, American Animations are simple enough to do on flash. Anime is drawn frame by frame, by hand, in most cases.

I did a 200 point reasearch project on this exact subject in school last year (A+). It's a very interesting arguement.

Missingno mystery
05-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Kids WB playsnew episodes every weekend. What's it matter what channel it's on?
It matters cause I only stated getting WB a couple of month ago and it comes in worth $***! (Couldn't see or hear most of the last ep) I need CN to do what they've been doing or I'll have to put out even more money to get the rest of what I haven't seen (first half and so of 4th season, 2nd box set of 5th season, almost all.... make that all of the 6th season {have 2 DVD's, I haven't watch them yet}). I like Japanese anime cause it looks so realistic, but I like American cartoons cause there SOOOOO funny!

jaffa_G
05-04-2005, 04:15 PM
i dont watch it anymore over the u.k!! its on tio early if you dont hava sky! but i got freeveiw but still to early! bummer!

IT
05-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Hmm, this conversation turned from "pokemon is crap" to "what cartoons do you like to draw"...It's freaky how one post can change the whole topic,isn't it? :neutral:

jaffa_G
05-04-2005, 04:21 PM
i know lol!!
aint that classed as spamming because it isnt on the same subject??
anyways back to the subject pokemons got just a wee bit control lose dont you think!??

Dog of Hellsing
05-04-2005, 04:24 PM
i dont watch it anymore over the u.k!! its on tio early if you dont hava sky! but i got freeveiw but still to early! bummer!

"If you don't hava sky"? What do you mean? :eh:

Anyways, I'd like to see the Advance series, just to know how the newer Pokemon talk for my many fanfics ^_^. It's nice to know whether they say their names or make other noises.

EDIT: Meh, I guess it kinda did get slightly SPAM-y, huh? ANYWAYS, I don't think Pokemon has lost any power or control or anything. Look how long the anime has been going. A lot of other anime/cartoons can't claim that (while others can, most can't). And with Munchlax, Rukario, the three other Pokemon (don't remember their names O_o), I think a new generation of Pokemon is coming. So there'll be ANOTHER series and MORE movies to show these new Pokemon. IMO at least.

jaffa_G
05-04-2005, 04:33 PM
o sorry i meant sky! if you dont have it over usa or anywhere else its a digital box that gives you loads more channels my nans got one and it has over 800

AbXtreme
05-17-2005, 06:42 PM
SkyOne 106 = 8.00am is when new eps are on.
Shame it came on 45th, but it beat Winnie the Pooh and Donald Duck.

*Back to watching Pokemon Chronicals*
MUAHAHAHAHAAHA

miyoun
05-17-2005, 07:24 PM
SkyOne 106 = 8.00am is when new eps are on.

And on SkyMix 107 -10.30am (Or 10am. I will check when I get home from school tomorrow).

I don't watch the new series much. I still need to watch HALF the Johto series. I loved that series, personally because of the Johto pokemon. Most sooo cute!

Pokemon came 74th on the 100th Greatest Kid Shows or summit like that. Me, my dad and my sister watched up to 71st. xDD

Pika57
06-11-2005, 04:19 PM
In my opinion just getting on the top 100 list is good

jynx
06-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Maybe because you come from different countries! ^^"

Chavz
07-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Maybe if they were voting for season 1 of pokemon it would be in like 10th :biggrin: I don't like the new episoes, but i watch them from time to time.

Pryce
07-16-2005, 08:02 PM
I think it's great it got in the top 100, in fact, I think it's really odd. Was this top thing for most populars, best quality, what? I just went to TV.com and they have a 7.5 rating for the show. That's not bad.

I myself don't really watch the new episodes all too much, but lately I have because it comes on before my favorite show Jackie Chan Adventures so I figure why not watch both? Unfortunately, today, I got home too late to watch it...

Also, depending on what country you're from changes ratings and popularity. Here in the US, anime is the most popular type of style there is and there are a lot of American cartoons being made to immitate the style such as Totally Spies, Jackie Chan Adventures (very little, but it's there), The Batman (done by the same people who made JCA), Avatar, and some other show I keep noticing is coming on... The same thing goes for manga which is the same as anime only put into comic book form and that is also the most popular type of comic book here in the US as well. I have friends who have spent over $3,000 of manga and anime!!! These people need lives... Unless they plan on selling this stuff before it's not cool anymore.

jynx
07-20-2005, 12:01 PM
I Waswatchin The 100 Greatest Cartoon And I Saw Pokemon I Was Excited And Then I Saw They Come 73rd I Will Keep You Informed To Who Come 1st( Simpsons Prob!!) Anybody Can Raply
oh well, it is still top 100!

Hogtree
07-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Channel Four [in the UK] viewers voted Pokémon 45th.
Remember that was an opinion poll.
And quality of new episodes has dropped. SkyOne UK is showing new eps on Sunday at about 8am [I think].

Pink Panther 99th. Damn. I love that show. Simple yet classic.

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/cartoons/results.html

Ionem
07-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Pokémon shouldn't have made the list at all. The "anime" series really, really sucks. :\

Charmander #4
07-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Pokémon shouldn't have made the list at all. The "anime" series really, really sucks. :\
Not to me it doesn't.

We Taste Pies...
07-21-2005, 03:09 AM
Have lost your mind charmander#4 it's a disgrace to anime.I'm suprised it's still aired!

Charmander #4
07-21-2005, 04:55 AM
Have lost your mind charmander#4 it's a disgrace to anime.I'm suprised it's still aired!
No its not, and Pokemon deserved to be on that list.

Hogtree
07-21-2005, 08:32 AM
It doesn't suck. The newer series aren't as good as the original series but it still makes great Saturday morning TV.

Scooby Doo made it in. Now that really sucks [in my opinion].

masterryanx
07-22-2005, 06:06 AM
The Pokemon anime does'nt suck in my opinion. But everyone has a different opinion and some people do not seem to understand that *looks at We The Pichu's....*, a top 100 list does not speak for everyone some may think it should have been higher up some think it should'nt have even made the list. This thread has been going for a while and in my opinion is just pointless, some mod please just close it.

Charmander #4
07-22-2005, 08:10 PM
He's right, and this thread should be closed.

Exon Auxus
07-23-2005, 09:34 AM

If you think pokemon is crap, then why did you join a POKEMON forum?

Hogtree
07-23-2005, 02:20 PM
If you think pokemon is crap, then why did you join a POKEMON forum?
1. Jaffa didn't say Pokémon is crap.
2. In a later post, he said it should've been 2nd Place after The Simpsons [since that always wins].
3. You can like Pokémon wthout liking the anime. The games are a major part of the PKMN franchise [without forgeting the TCG and manga].
3a. Personally I like the games [RPGs and few of the spinoffs - Ninty love their spinoffs] and the anime. I've kinda gone off the TCG [then agian I've gone off all TGCs and I've never even seen, never mind read, the manga.

And yeah, I'm still posting. Sue me.

Dog of Hellsing
07-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Silver: Yesh, many of us here HATE the anime, but there are those of us who like it. I've been watching the Johto series CN started airing not because I like it, but because I'm just curious about what stupidiy will happen in each ep. As for the games, I LOVE them. Don't play the TCG anymore (no one I know has a deck >>).

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!! (for the Pokemon manga)

Hogtree: I've read the manga, and man oh man, is it different from the anime! Ash's first Pokemon turns out to be a Poliwag, and he catches his Pikachu (it's a rascal of a Pokemon that steals food and causes trouble for the people of the town it lives in). It's pretty cool though. I''ve also read Magical Pokemon Journey, the shoujou manga. It's so freaking cute! *Squees.* I love it.

!CeMAn
08-04-2005, 04:10 AM
Pokemon isn't all that great of a show. Only because i don't watch that many cartoons(or care about them enough to compile a list that long), i'd rank pokemon around 20/100.

Dog of Hellsing
08-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah, it is kinda...bleah. Like I said, I only watch it for the stupidity, not because I find it interesting. Lol, like attracts like I suppose ^^.

!CeMAn
08-05-2005, 01:31 AM
I'm not saying it isn't good for a laugh, hell out of boredom i've rented season one DVDs, i just mean it's not THAT GREAT, lol. Sailor Moon... now that's a good anime cartoon.

Guilder
08-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Forget about pokémon, pokémon sucks balls.

Seriously, check out number 16. Akira! I didn't think it'd be in there, but now it is.. 16? It practically spawned Manga!

!CeMAn
08-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Um... this is a pokemon tv show board :ermm:.

I think Undergrads is a pretty sweet cartoon.

Dog of Hellsing
08-06-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm not saying it isn't good for a laugh, hell out of boredom i've rented season one DVDs, i just mean it's not THAT GREAT, lol. Sailor Moon... now that's a good anime cartoon.

It's exceptionally funny if you watch it at two in the morning and haven't slept in three days. :goofy: Especially when they get into the retarded grade-school dialogue.

I agree that Sailor Moon kicks arse. I wish CN still played it. I remember watching that when I was going to elementary school in the afternoons: the whole family would watch it. I miss dem days.

Wraith9
08-07-2005, 12:33 AM
Tv show is crap because of Jessie and James. Because of lack of detail(compared to eg astro boy) Very repetitive, Pikachu hasn't evolved and Meowth just gets on my nerves. Although i remotely like the gym battles and listening to music same as gameboy music gives my goosebumps :surp:

Dog of Hellsing
08-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Well, it's not just J&J that make the anime bad. It's the repetitiveness and, IMO, the stupid dialogue.

ChainGangSoldier932
08-08-2005, 02:17 PM
it would be nice if they made it mor life like. So they dont do stuff that would be imposible for regular people like us.
howcome im not getting my vpp? if i dont get it im gonna do somthing illeagal. :twisted:

Dargonaite1998CHITOWN
08-09-2005, 12:25 AM
YA!!

I mean no!!1

pokemon is SOOO Cool!!!#1ohoiasd

Hogtree
08-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Forget about pokémon, pokémon sucks balls.
Seriously, check out number 16. Akira! I didn't think it'd be in there, but now it is.. 16? It practically spawned Manga!
Seriosly Pokémon was the first popular anime to hit the west [although a lot of anime fans think otherwise].

Not to say it's the best anime. It's probably one of the worst now.

Alakazam
08-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Simpsons and South Park are the only cartoons I watch, but it's true pokemon cartoons are crap... :cool:

Nah, pokemon, The Simpsons, and South Park are all crap :wink:

Dog of Hellsing
08-17-2005, 12:28 AM
Nah, pokemon, The Simpsons, and South Park are all crap :wink:

O_o I used to like South Park...until I saw the movie. That put me off it completely for some reason. And I never really liked the Simpsons.

Frost Wolf
08-17-2005, 01:54 PM
most of em are crap, but i like the movies, especially the newer ones....some episodes are good though... :neutral:

Pikamew
08-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Don't like South Park though I do like the Simpsons. I also like Pokemon despite it being repetitive although I did watch alot of repeats of Bugs Bunny when I was young so that might explain why I still like Pokemon. I can watch something over and over again. I don't get bored easily.

Dog of Hellsing
08-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Okay...

POKEMON SERIES: CRAP
POKEMON MOVIES: GOOD

^^ How's that?

Kat-WolfGirl
10-24-2005, 01:57 AM
The movies have more drama and the shows don't have alot of it. Also, i am not a big fan of simsons or family guy. It disturbs me sometimes. I think the show is okay when i am in kiddy mode, in that i would love almost any kid show, execpt those toddler's, they are annoying.

Dog of Hellsing
10-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Kat, please don't revive threads that have been inactive for more than a month, okay? ^^ Helps cut down on SPAM and all.

pokedude91
10-26-2005, 06:39 AM
I don't agree that the pokemon seris is crap:sad: :sad: :sad: !@! ^_^

Come on Guys don't hate appreciate

The Ishy
10-26-2005, 08:42 AM
True but don't spam.

pokedude91
10-27-2005, 08:08 AM
What do you mean by spam?:confused:

The Ishy
10-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Let me spell it out: Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages

That includes:
Large fonts for no apparent reason,
Too much use of emoticons,
Messages that are off-topic,
Messages containing 3 or less words,
Overuse of Chatspeak,
Deliberate Misspelling,
And capitalizing all the letters.

Examples:
I don't agree that the pokemon seris is crap:sad: :sad: :sad: !@! ^_^

Come on Guys don't hate appreciate
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: wtf ur rong Pokemon Rawkzorz meh soxxorz!!!lol
Now I assume you know what SPAM is, right? I hope so.

Sorry if this is backseat modding, okay?

Back to topic: By my opinion, Pokemon started the trend of Anime in the US, and less-detailed Anime. Proof, look at the Anime before 1998. The Gundam Series before Wing had realistic eyes and noses. Look at the Anime now.

bigblubafoon
10-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Try editing next time....

I meant in general, americans like American cartoons, brits like brtish cartoons, etc. Anime shows aren't a widely spread popularity.

I dunno about that, me and my friend are english and well, we secretly like pokemon chronicles. Its funny sadly I don't get to watch it much cause of my rapid fire homework despenser aka. school. :oops:

p.s please don't hurt me! :shifty:

The Ishy
10-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Same here. Although I like Advance Battle more than Chronicles nowadays. Better theme song.

Edward Elric
11-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Advanced Battle is way better. The theme song for chronicals is kinda gay. No offence to anyone who likes it.

DelcattyGirl92
12-20-2005, 11:47 PM
South Park and The Simpsons are completely gay. They're so retarded. I personally think the Pokemon movies are much better though I often watch the shows to compare them to the games for no strange reason. Has anyone ever noticed they leave so much out on the game? I mean come on they don't even include the Orange and Shamoutti Islands. It would be fun to visit Slowking and Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno's Islands from the second movie and that village place from that Lati@s movie... Oh yeah and that forest in Pokemon 4ever and that mansion to battle Molly in the 3 movie... In the credits of 4ever when they sing that celebrate song has anyone noticed they spell it like Celebi R A T E I that was cool and I was singing it all summer O.o

Pika57
12-20-2005, 11:52 PM
South Park and The Simpsons are completely gay. They're so retarded. I personally think the Pokemon movies are much better though I often watch the shows to compare them to the games for no strange reason. Has anyone ever noticed they leave so much out on the game? I mean come on they don't even include the Orange and Shamoutti Islands. It would be fun to visit Slowking and Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno's Islands from the second movie and that village place from that Lati@s movie... Oh yeah and that forest in Pokemon 4ever and that mansion to battle Molly in the 3 movie... In the credits of 4ever when they sing that celebrate song has anyone noticed they spell it like Celebi R A T E I that was cool and I was singing it all summer O.o

This thread was over a month old. please don't revive it.

DelcattyGirl92
12-21-2005, 12:01 AM
It's a danged free country, like anyone pays attention to the date!? If they want to post they post, enough said!

Nasty Plasty
12-21-2005, 12:05 AM
When you sign up it's a promise that you wont break the rules. I am now helping to enforce this promise if you gotta problem with that take it up with a mod. Nobody reads the rules anymore.

Pika57
12-21-2005, 12:41 AM
It's a danged free country, like anyone pays attention to the date!? If they want to post they post, enough said!

countrieS.

And yes there is a rule on this froum that you cannot revive old threads. Listen or get banned.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
12-21-2005, 01:35 AM
DelcattyGirl, as everyone has already informed you, reviving old threads is against the rules and the rules are there for a reason.