PDA

View Full Version : Throw a random object at the next poster

Rukario the wave guiding
04-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Here's what you do. You put an action of throwing something in the * thingys. Ex:*throws a bomb at the next poster*

And the chain goes on until for some reason this topic gets locked. Get it? Ok, I'll start. *throws a piece of chalk at the next poster*

Rukario
04-25-2005, 08:28 PM
I dunno if this is SPAM or something worse, what did you do.

This thread is already in Other Trivia/Games, why did you put it here too? And also, this doesn't belong to Pokemon topics.

Any moderator, Administrator, LOCKED this thread as soon as possible.

Manjoume Jun
04-25-2005, 09:07 PM
*sigh*

I've had enough of seeing these threads appear, so here's a little explanation which will HOPEFULLY get this locked, and stop it from wasting space around the forum.

These "throw something at the next poster" threads are referred to as "lookie" threads. Not sure why personally, but the lookie thread was originally a URPG creation, and was thus exclusive to the URPG section of the forum.

Lookie threads are generally used during the many wars around this forum, and are therefore usually reserved for such occasions.

Any lookie threads which have appeared outside of the URPG section of the forum have been locked in due course due to an un-needed array of spam being thrown around them.

The war lookie threads are generally more organised and thoroughly thought over by the URPG officials and such to ensure that no spam posts appear, and that it can end up being slightly more meaningful.

This thread, along with your practically IDENTICAL version of it in the Other Trivia board, are unofficial rip-offs of the official lookie thread in the URPG board, and are therefore spam threads, and viable options for locking.

I'm going to appeal to a Mod with this case, and there's a high chance that this one, along with your duplicate thread, will both be locked.

The above explanation was from a conversation I had last night with Dap, and he's a high-flyer in the URPG, so he knows what he's talking about in this case.

Please heed to this and stop making these damn threads.

*sigh*

Zenaku
04-25-2005, 09:13 PM
I think Dan has already made the point clear. Also, as Ryan said himself, with the new post-count rule for the Trivia boards, the boards are merely more lenient, yet do not allow excessive SPAM (Which is why the rules were created in the first place; to stop SPAM). Thus...