PDA

View Full Version : Collab Contest [Spring '08]

Galleon
02-29-2008, 04:48 AM
Hey, it's a fresh contest, so I think we're gonna need some big, fancy letters...Collaboration Contest [Spring '08]
You, being the good citizen of the URPG that you are, now have the opportunity to embark on a journey with a dear friend of yours in order to create a story that truly inspires the heart and mind. Or in other words, if you're less of a romantic... grab a buddy and go write something. And yes, that is correct; all your wildest dreams have just come true. Except for the dirty ones. Those'll never happen.

Why You Should Enter
The prizes. And to spite Scott.

1st Place -- Bother writers will receive $2,500 and any Pokemon of Demanding rank or lower.
2nd Place -- Both writers will receive $2,000 and any Pokemon of Complex rank or lower.
3rd Place -- Both writers will receive $1,500 and any Pokemon of Complex rank or lower.
4th Place -- Both writers will receive $1,500 and any Pokemon of Complex rank or lower.

Stories Entered
The Dawn Stone (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80888)
Dirge (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80872)
Authority (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80871)
The Time of Joy and Sorrow (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80869)

- Voting will be done by URPGers. Participants may vote, but not for themselves. Each voter will be awarded $2000. And please, vote for the story you think deserves to win most. If you just want money, then it'd be much quicker to go spazz your way through some battles.

- Vote for 3 stories in order of preference. When you vote, you must provide a very brief summary for each of the stories that you have selected. It only needs to be a three or four sentences, but should include things like main characters and the general plot. If you do not do this, then your vote will not be counted, and you will not receive money for voting.

- Voting will take place from April 20st to April 27th, a period of one week after the submission deadline.

- Send your vote in via PM to Marth.

The Cut ‘n Dry
-The submission period starts on April 12th and ends on April 19th. You must send your story to Marth, via either private message or e-mail (preferably private message), and please make sure that your story has been formatted for posting before you send it to Marth (you can view your story by hitting the 'Preview Post' button instead of the 'Submit New Thread' button). Colored text is not allowed, either, so if you send it, it will just be changed to black. Do not send your stories in before April 12th. Make sure your story is edited to your satisfaction, because you will not be allowed to edit it once you submit it.

- All pairs must be entered, with both confirming that they are working together, by the 8th of March. You've got just over a week to partner up.

-15 teams will be allowed and no more. As of March 1st, please submit links to two story captures when you register.

-Don't go for anything tougher than 'Complex' rank. This rule is to ensure that prizes are worth the effort. Remember, just because you can't capture higher ranked Pokemon, doesn't mean they can't be in your story. A story isn't good because of what Pokemon it tries to capture. Be creative.

- The amount of time to write the story will be declared when the competition begins on March 8th, one week from now

- Stories MUST be at least 15K (15,000 characters) in length. There is no maximum limit.

- The story may be for any number of Pokemon (Complex or lower), regardless of length, but the stories will not be graded.

- Only two people may work together. Both must be involved. How you write the story is up to you. You may split it and each write half, or take turns, or write every bit of it together, as long as BOTH people and no one else is involved.

- No legendaries may, in any way shape or form, be involved in your story. This includes, but is not limited to, owning one, capturing one, being one, being a Pokemorph of one, etc. They may be involved as pictures, or as legends, but they may not feature into the story, and your characters may never have seen, met, owned, or had help from one.

-Pokemorphs are allowed, but please remember that they can not use Pokeballs. Following the strict Pokemorph.com design of them isn’t needed, however, Pokemorphs must have ONE form, not the ability to change back and forth, and they must not use or touch Pokeballs. They may speak English, but normal Pokemon may not. Ever.

-All other URPG story rules (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8445) apply.

-To make sure favoritism isn't a factor, the stories, for voting, will be posted anonymously. The titles will be used, but with numbers, instead of the names of those who wrote them. A list of what number is which person's story will be kept, of course, so the votes can be checked, but this should help make things fair for those who aren't well-known for writing stories. This means, do NOT tell ANYONE but your partner anything about your story! Do not ask for votes, or even hint at which story you are! Anyone caught breaking this rule will be disqualified!

-IF someone neutral and trusted (Preferably a mod) who is NOT entering the contest is willing, they'll be the one in charge of being sent all the stories, and numbering them. If not, I'll do it myself, and keep the numbers secret from everyone else. x3 Please DO NOT tell anyone what story number you are once you are assigned a number, or give anyone information about your story. We want the voting to be based on the story, not on popularity.

-Yes, you may use other people's characters.... WITH their permission. Thus you and your partner can use pre-existing characters. You may also, of course, use the characters of anyone else on URPG- But again, it must be with their permission. If you are using the characters of anyone but your writing partner, please have them send me a PM to let me know. This way, we'll know they were taken WITH permission.

Hall of Freaking Fame
-Spring '07-
1st Place: Nikki the Mew and Robert the War Lord
2nd Place: EmBreon and FireflyK
3rd Place: DaRkUmBrEoN and Megumi

-Spring '08-
<Please insert coin>

Iridium
02-29-2008, 05:01 AM
Yay, a second Collab Contest. I'll be entering, maybe with Ataro again, like I did last time. *goes to ask Ataro* This sure is going to be fun :D

Nikki the Mew
02-29-2008, 05:03 AM
*big drool lake* =D YAY. This was fun the first time around.

Sooo gonna enter. *looks for partner* XD

Ataro
02-29-2008, 05:20 AM
Are participants allowed to vote as well?

And I'm entering, Pokelord will post later on to confirm.

Galleon
02-29-2008, 05:39 AM

Yes, sir. Edited, and thanks for pointing that out.

Emily
02-29-2008, 05:48 AM
Ooh, I'd like to enter. If someone wants to pair up with me, you can either PM me or IM me, else I'll have to ask around. ;P

Iridium
02-29-2008, 05:50 AM

Yep, me and Ataro are entering. First pair to enter :D

EDIT: Just saw, two pairs are already up there :P

Oxygen
02-29-2008, 07:14 AM
I've PM'ed Cune.

If not, maybe I can convince Pikahero.

EDIT: I think that's a no.

IM or PM if you want to pair.

Emily
02-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I've managed to rope Blast The Stereo into doing it with me, so he'll post in a moment to confirm.

EDIT: He says this;

BlastTheStereo8 (9:04:03 PM): Just say that I agreed and will post later tonight.

Team Devastation
02-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Galleon, Drazzon has agreed with me, sign us up!

drazzon
02-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Galleon, Drazzon has agreed with me, sign us up!
Yea, haven't been on in a while but I agreed.

Blast the Stereo
02-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Yes, Cune and I are partnered, indeed.

-PK
02-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Cool. I hope I can get a partner for this :o
This looks fun...

Phantom Kat
02-29-2008, 12:21 PM
OMFG, I've been thinking about this for a week. =D

And now, to go and harrass Bryce to be my partner...

-grabs net and tazor-

- Kat

Crystal Pikachu
02-29-2008, 02:39 PM
If anyone wants to be my partner, please, PM ME! :3

EDIT;

Talked to Sarah [Lati-Chan] on MSN, she said she'll partner up with me. <3

Lati-Chan
02-29-2008, 02:51 PM
I guess I agree. =)

Okayz Pika, let's get this over with. :3

Dark Lightning
02-29-2008, 03:11 PM
'Tis looks interesting. I'm doing it with U&E.
He'll confirm eventually.

Flammenwerfer
02-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Hehe.... Sounds great.
Hopefully Jesus of Gyarados Magikarps Replies soon...

umbreonandespeon
02-29-2008, 03:27 PM
'Tis looks interesting. I'm doing it with U&E.
He'll confirm eventually.

I'm ready dude. Brung it on! (I'm in the spelling mood lol)

~U&E~

bobtail
02-29-2008, 03:41 PM
i'm going to do it with KFT

AmericanTreeFrog
02-29-2008, 03:42 PM
*big drool lake* =D YAY. This was fun the first time around.

Sooo gonna enter. *looks for partner* XD

I sent you a PM but I will post here. Want to team?

Oxygen
02-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Llama Commando PM'ed me, and I accept.

He'll post later.

Mitsuzo-kun
02-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Me and ChthonicAustrian are entering together.

I <3 YOU ASH. :o

Focal
02-29-2008, 05:34 PM
I want to enter again =| With some luck I can get Nikki to be my partner, and maybe we'll make first for the second time =D

ChthonicAustrian
02-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Me and ChthonicAustrian are entering together.

I <3 YOU ASH. :o

Ya ya x3

We're going to pwn with our crazy brainstorming :0

Nikki the Mew
02-29-2008, 05:39 PM
I want to enter again =| With some luck I can get Nikki to be my partner, and maybe we'll make first for the second time =D

Sorry ATF, but I pick Rob to be my partner. Good luck, though.

*knocks Rob on the head* Now, you. Make up good ideas. Go, my monkey slave. XD

Focal
02-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Sorry ATF, but I pick Rob to be my partner. Good luck, though.

*knocks Rob on the head* Now, you. Make up good ideas. Go, my monkey slave. XD

I shall ignore the bolded part XD

And yay, time for another contest =D

Phantasm.Angel
02-29-2008, 06:03 PM
i'm going to do it with KTF

I look forward to it

Oxygen
02-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks for extending the max amount Galleon. It gives me a chance to enter a contest for once!

Legendary Wolf
02-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I'll be writing with Hakken. I'll wait for her to post.

Hakken
02-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I'll be writing with Hakken. I'll wait for her to post.
Yus. ^^ -agrees- Now... -runs off to think of something-

Nami: ^-^

Lati-Chan
02-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Craney, maybe you could ask Pokeking1? :3

Oxygen
02-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Unfortunately, I've got a certain Llama to help me.

Stinky
02-29-2008, 07:34 PM
:(

I hope I can find a partner before it fills up; I PM'ed Bryce, but he is probably going to go with Kat.

Dragonair_blizzard
02-29-2008, 07:48 PM
I will do it with Kogan Urufu if he says yes. It will take a while for him to answer.

OrpheusMatt
02-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Sound like fun! ^-^
I'll be teaming up with Lyndon.

EDIT: When you read his reply below, you'll think I'm crazy.

Stinky
02-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Alrighty, I'm pairing up with ATF for this here contest. :D

EDIT: Damn, I was suppose to copy and paste our log, as he had to go and couldn't post. >.<

Tako
02-29-2008, 08:07 PM
ya I'm with the orpheusmatt aka the dark one any way yeah I'm with him even though I techincally haven't written a story it got spontaneously deleted when I was almost done pretty sad anyway yeah okay I'll just stop talking...:oops:
Edit: on to the world of writing world *da da da daaa*

Black Hawk
02-29-2008, 08:10 PM
I dunno, I like it. If anyone needs a partner I'll do it. Cause I want to write some awesome stories..... :goofy:

EVILDOOKIE FTW!!!

TheEvilDookie
02-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I dunno, I like it. If anyone needs a partner I'll do it. Cause I want to write some awesome stories..... :goofy:

I'll do it with you. N00b writers FTW! *Discusses more with you on AIM*

Bryce
02-29-2008, 08:27 PM
OMFG, I've been thinking about this for a week. =D

And now, to go and harrass Bryce to be my partner...

-grabs net and tazor-

- Kat

Kat!

Of course i will be your partner <3

(Awww..... There HAS to be more than 10 pairs allowed to enter this....otherwise it wouldn't pwn ;____;)

Nikki the Mew
02-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Personally, I think it should either be capped now (my count was at 15 XD) or at 20, 25 pairs. o.O' This filled up a LOT quicker than the first one, geez!

-PK
02-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Personally, I think it should either be capped now (my count was at 15 XD) or at 20, 25 pairs. o.O' This filled up a LOT quicker than the first one, geez!
I don't think it should. It gives people that wanna do it more time to find a partner they actually wanna do it with.
-continues asking Naomi-

Oxygen
02-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I agree.

What if it's just your partner doing something else? It's unfair!

Bryce
02-29-2008, 08:52 PM
I personally feel that it would be a bit unfair to cut the sign-ups off at 10-15 pairs, because some of us are just now seeing it.... For example, I just got home from school and am seeing it for the first time, and there are already 10 pairs entered. Thus, I wouldn't be able to compete at all if that were the case. =/

RawrIsMyMiddleName
02-29-2008, 09:08 PM
IM to be mah pair. Please? -wimper-

The Jr Trainer
02-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Crazy<insert numbers here> and I are entering this contest if you're still letting people in by the time you get to this page. :o

Yay?

Haze
02-29-2008, 09:23 PM
What Jr said, so we'll be together if entries are still allowed

RawrIsMyMiddleName
02-29-2008, 09:44 PM
LazyShadow1 (2:42:08 PM): But yeah, I'll be you're partner ;D

Yes, Jake / Skullz is the LazyShadow if you're an artard. ;]

EonMythos
02-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Weeelll! Pokeking and I will be entering as well, if we can. *puppy eyes*

Phantom Kat
02-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Kat!

Of course i will be your partner <3

(Awww..... There HAS to be more than 10 pairs allowed to enter this....otherwise it wouldn't pwn ;____;)

Yes, I agree to be your partner and remember that dimension plot bunny I told you about....? >=)

And yes, I agree that the number of pairs shouldbe extended, the only reason I replied early was because I snuck in here as I was getting ready for school this morning and plus, choosing a trustworthy partner would take more than a day for some people.

- Kat

Synester
02-29-2008, 10:34 PM
LazyShadow1 (2:42:08 PM): But yeah, I'll be you're partner ;D

Yes, Jake / Skullz is the LazyShadow if you're an artard. ;]Yeah, i confirm that, after he had someone trap me in a net, and forced me too D:.

-DN

-PK
02-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Weeelll! Pokeking and I will be entering as well, if we can. *puppy eyes*
I agree to this :D

We are deciding what to write for right now. I really hope we can enter :D

DrAgOn DrEaMeR
02-29-2008, 10:46 PM
I will join! >.>

LOOKING FOR PARTNER!

If anyone wants to be my partner PM me! I also have w few works if you are unsure of me. I,.e: Iced~ A Fanfic and The Angry 'Troll'

(The later was an attempted capture that was never graded. ;;)

EmBreon
02-29-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't really see why there needs to be a limit, actually. I believe that rule was just transferred from the original contest, and it had been created because this kind of contest had never been done before; I'm honestly not sure. But, it seems unnecessary to have such a rule when there is obviously such a big interest in this. I do not think George would mind tweaking that a bit, though the decision is up to him.

AmericanTreeFrog
03-01-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm teaming with Lupus. I believe he already posted,

Ataro
03-01-2008, 12:17 AM
NekoDDNikki (9:15:15 AM): Besides, you get the opportunity to have your story graded for the Complex/below mon.
NekoDDNikki (9:15:20 AM): If you don't get 1-5.
sniperXpwnage (9:16:23 AM): what if its for one and its entered for grading?
sniperXpwnage (9:16:28 AM): will the mon be cut in half?
sniperXpwnage (9:16:29 AM): :O
NekoDDNikki (9:16:31 AM): lol
NekoDDNikki (9:16:38 AM): I dunno. You'd have to ask on that one.
NekoDDNikki (9:16:45 AM): It could be both will get the mon.

So...?

JentleViolence
03-01-2008, 12:34 AM
o_O It hasn't even been a full 24 hours yet and all the spots are gone.

It sounds like it'll be extended, though, so I'm going to go abuse and interrogate ask Ex2 if he wants to enter this with me.

Volcanflame
03-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Guess I'm in ... anyone? o:

EDIT: Got a partner.

-Volcan-

Dog of Hellsing
03-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Guess I'm in ... anyone? o:

-Volcan-

Me pair wif you!

If Scott lets more pairs in...*Gives giant puppy eyes.* PWEEEAAAASE SCOOOOOOTT?!?! I luvs j00!

Volcanflame
03-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Me pair wif you!

If Scott lets more pairs in...*Gives giant puppy eyes.* PWEEEAAAASE SCOOOOOOTT?!?! I luvs j00!
Sorry, TE got me :x

And he will need to confirm this on monday, the day he'll be unbanned.

-Volcan-

Dog of Hellsing
03-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Sorry, TE got me :x

And he will need to confirm this on monday, the day he'll be unbanned.

-Volcan-

That's okay, I'm gonna pair with DT. ^^ YAYZ FOR US!

Shen
03-01-2008, 01:31 AM
*squees and glomps TT* She was one of my best friends, and couldn't help asking her (and her awesome writing skillz are a bonus x3) ^^.

Good luck to all! :D

Dog of Hellsing
03-01-2008, 01:41 AM
^^

*Begs Scott with cookies and naughty movies to let us late-comer peoplez in.*

Pwease? Me and DT have to totally show off what us can does by blowing up everyone with our awesome story! Er, I mean, we can humbly win and congratulate everyone who entered...

>> <<

EDIT: WHY DID NO ONE tell me I was calling Galleon "Scott?" *Feels re-tah-did.*

Llama Commando
03-01-2008, 03:03 AM
Sorry I haven't confirmed this yet, I've been busy. So yes, just confirming, I'll be writing with Spinarak Craney.... and we'll win!!

-LC-

Dragonair_blizzard
03-01-2008, 04:31 AM
Kogan Urufu is writing with me just to comfirm that.

Leman
03-01-2008, 05:48 AM
I'll join this if its not too late. *needs a partner*

Splishee
03-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Wow! Awesome! I just came on the forum to see this beauty up here!

I'd love to enter - if anyone is interested in being my partner, drop me a PM or IM. ^^

Galleon
03-01-2008, 06:45 AM
Good Gilchrist, folks. O.o I suppose I'll just take the limit out entirely, as Emma suggested. And at Nikki's suggestion, I think I'll also increase the number of prizes available. Other values may be tweaked as things proceed.

Also, I think it's reasonable to assume at this point that we're going to require a bit more [Mod] help, in order to manage the unexpectedly large number of stories this round.

^^
EDIT: WHY DID NO ONE tell me I was calling Galleon "Scott?" *Feels re-tah-did.*
Haha, it's all the same, right? :P

Sigma_
03-01-2008, 07:25 AM
I need a partner. I'll work with anyone as long as we are both online at the same time enough. Contact me if you will.

Linoone
03-01-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm entering, yay?

PM me or IM to pair up for this pl0x. =/

CloudOfNines
03-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Deisel and I are going to partner up :p

Diesel 34
03-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Deisel and I are going to partner up :p

I agree to this.

DrAgOn DrEaMeR
03-01-2008, 04:03 PM
I will be Splishee's partner! She/he is probably wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than me, but if she/he wants to be my partner... Well then I will do it. ^^

DaRkUmBrEoN
03-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Also, I think it's reasonable to assume at this point that we're going to require a bit more [Mod] help, in order to manage the unexpectedly large number of stories this round.

Knock me up on that one. Should be able to do the impartial mod act quite nice.
*stares at Meg&Gal pair :eek:*

-]DU[-

Galleon
03-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Knock me up on that one. Should be able to do the impartial mod act quite nice.
*stares at Meg&Gal pair :eek:*

-]DU[-
Thanks. I appreciate it.

:P

Dragonair_blizzard
03-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Galleon, you forgot to put me and Kogan Urufu in the list on the first post.

Galleon
03-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Galleon, you forgot to put me and Kogan Urufu in the list on the first post.
I'm waiting for Kogan Urufu to confirm with a post.

HorrorScope
03-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Ooh interesting.

I'll join then.

PM or IM me if you want to be my partner. :]

Galleon
03-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I am very sorry. I have bad news for many of the people that have entered. Be prepared to dislike me very much after you read this post.

I've made a terrible mistake. I forgot about a very important rule that is stated in the paired-writing system (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showpost.php?p=744132&postcount=5). It says that no one may write a paired-story with without first having two story captures. As you might be able to imagine, this overlooked rule complicates things quite a lot. So, I am sorry to say, that after looking through each entrant's story history, the following members must be removed from the contest:

BlackHawk
Blast the Stereo
bobtail
drazzon
Deoxys Trainer
Dielsel 34
FlameRyushin
Lati-Chan
Llama Commando
Lyndon
Skullz
Team Devastation
TheEvilDookie

There are 11 teams remaining. The team limit is now 15. If you have been removed the contest, you may still reapply if you meet the '2 story capture' requirement before the last 4 slots are filled. If your partner has been removed, you may reapply with a new partner before the last 4 slots are filled. If any team decides to drop out before March 8th, then a new team may take its place.

The deadline for story submission is April 8th, and to compensate for the large number of stories that will be submitted at the end of the contest, the voting period will be extended to three weeks after that, so you should be able to see the final results some time around the April 30th.

Again, I am very sorry. I should have checked this requirement from the beginning.

EDIT:From now on, if you would like to register for this contest, please provide links to two story captures, meaning stories that have been graded and achieved the capture. Capturing two Pokemon in one story will also suffice. If any of the removed participants have proof to the contrary that you are indeed qualified, then please present it, and you will be reinstated.

Leman
03-01-2008, 11:23 PM
D: Thats too bad for those people. I still need a partner, so IM me please. D:

Shozuka
03-01-2008, 11:23 PM
I am currently awaiting Splishee's approval that we can write a story together.

And Galleon, way to kill the contest. xD Just kidding.

RawrIsMyMiddleName
03-01-2008, 11:28 PM
I hate the fact I can't be with Skullz, but rules are rules. So I have decided to go with Leman, and he'll be approving soon.

Dog of Hellsing
03-01-2008, 11:29 PM
D:

My paaaaaaaaaahhhhhhtnaaaaahhhhhhhh.....*Cries.*

I guess that means I'm single again...*Sniffle.*

Someone claim me please ;_;...

Leman
03-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I hate the fact I can't be with Skullz, but rules are rules. So I have decided to go with Leman, and he'll be approving soon.

Yep. D:

So I made it. YAY! :x

Shen
03-01-2008, 11:36 PM
O.O

Oh dammit ><.

I need to get on my stories...like, now...*sigh* Sorry, TT, maybe next time...

OrpheusMatt
03-01-2008, 11:37 PM
I will be teaming with T.T, since our partners were murderfied.
EDIT: *gives DT and Lyndon gravestones*
Uber EDIT: The captures are in my link below in the signature.

-PK
lol
Way to kill the mood! :D

At least me and my partner are still in :x

Shozuka
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74660&page=1

I would like to register myself into the contest. I will be officially "single" unless Splishee approves any time soon.

That thread contains over 3-4 captures, so that should suffice. ^_^

Dog of Hellsing
03-01-2008, 11:44 PM
@ DT: It's okay, there's always the next paired competition, yes. *Clings.* But I'll miss j00...

@ OM: Yush, I agree to this, we will be teaming up for this ^^.

Dragonair_blizzard
03-02-2008, 12:01 AM
After my Mareep story is graded, I can join but my partner is off.

Emily
03-02-2008, 12:10 AM
Butbutbut my lovely partner has talent enough... ;-; LOOK AT THIS TALENT DAMMIT (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77276)! ;-;

Galleon
03-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Butbutbut my lovely partner has talent enough... ;-; LOOK AT THIS TALENT DAMMIT (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77276)! ;-;
Yes, I noticed, and I'm sorry. The rules need to represent everyone equally. I can't really make an exception like that...

The Jr Trainer
03-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Yeah... about that... my partner has only written one story. :/ So I guess I'm open again.

Galleon
03-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Yeah... about that... my partner has only written one story. :/ So I guess I'm open again.
On the contrary, crazy231 has caught a Nidoran and an Unknown through stories.

The Jr Trainer
03-02-2008, 12:31 AM
On the contrary, crazy231 has caught a Nidoran and an Unknown through stories.

o_O I missed one of them then... xD -blind-

Emily
03-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Yes, I noticed, and I'm sorry. The rules need to represent everyone equally. I can't really make an exception like that...
But isn't the collab rule so that one partner doesn't do all of the work? He has talent, so I definitely wouldn't be doing all of the work - in fact, it would be the reverse.

Galleon
03-02-2008, 12:39 AM
But isn't the collab rule so that one partner doesn't do all of the work? He has talent, so I definitely wouldn't be doing all of the work - in fact, it would be the reverse.
Like I said, rules need to represent everyone equally. I can't make an exception based on how talented or hard-working someone is.

Emily
03-02-2008, 12:44 AM
But everyone says that quality > quantity, and now he gets thrown out because he doesn't have enough? Contradicting much!

Bryce
03-02-2008, 12:46 AM
But everyone says that quality > quantity, and now he gets thrown out because he doesn't have enough? Contradicting much!

*sigh*

It is just a precautionary so that one partner doesn't have to do all the work, etc. He can't make exceptions....

If you want him to participate so bad, tell BTS to just write for a Magikarp & I'd grade it quickly so that you can enter. :3

Emily
03-02-2008, 12:48 AM
*sigh*

It is just a precautionary so that one partner doesn't have to do all the work, etc. He can't make exceptions....

If you want him to participate so bad, tell BTS to just write for a Magikarp & I'd grade it quickly so that you can enter. :3

tbh, I was going to do that in the first place, but he takes a lot of care in his writing and by the time he was done, all the spots would be filled. >_>

RawrIsMyMiddleName
03-02-2008, 02:39 AM
Are we free to write stories now? :P Because I want to get started after making all of our stuff down. ;]

Nikki the Mew
03-02-2008, 02:43 AM
Are we free to write stories now? :P Because I want to get started after making all of our stuff down. ;]
You can start any time you want, I think. Just don't send it in until they say so.

RawrIsMyMiddleName
03-02-2008, 02:44 AM
You can start any time you want, I think. Just don't send it in until they say so.

Thanks, Nikki. I wish to surpass you after your last win. :3

Crystal Pikachu
03-02-2008, 07:27 AM
;_;

Lati-Chan hasn't written any stories, but she's mega-talented. ;_;

So I guess I'm open again. Cune? Pwease?

TGC;
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73243

TCA;
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72967

Cune, please me my partner. You're writing skillz pwn. :3

Blast the Stereo
03-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Oh, crap.

I got here late.

Is it too late for me to write a quick Magikarp story, or is it full?

Somone PLEASE tell me soon.

Fire Away
03-02-2008, 07:56 AM
I wouldn't normally butt in, but

- All pairs must be entered, with both confirming that they are working together, by the 8th of March. You've got just over a week to partner up.

I would assume that means you have time.

DarkGardevoir
03-02-2008, 08:25 AM
CP asked me to pair with him, so here I go.

As for the stories, here I go:
Threads of fate (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30136)

As Emma will remember, this story has itself 6 different catches(Scyther and Nincada/Psyduck and Slowpoke/ 2 Combee and Feebas/ Ralts and Bidoof/ Girafarig/ 4Burmy, 2Wurmple, Weedle, Pineco, Yanma, Kricketot)

HorrorScope
03-02-2008, 08:27 AM
D:

Oh, that's a shame.

I still need a partner anyway..

Oh and check my stats for my 2 completed stories.

Emily
03-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Okay, I'll stop arguing whether my lovely partner gets to be in it or not. He had to go, but he says this;

BlastTheStereo8 (9:01:18 PM): If I have to go, use this:
BlastTheStereo8 (9:01:39 PM): Yes, I confirm the pair with Cune. BACK OFF EVERYONE ELSE. I shall post for real later.

And his stories are here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77667) and here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77276).

And can we be in it now, please?

Blast the Stereo
03-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Yes, I confirm.

Are we in?

Crystal Pikachu
03-02-2008, 09:43 AM
I confirm my partnership with DG.

Oxygen
03-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Sorry Llama ;_;

Maybe next time. I won't share the story with anyone. Finish your part, and keep it in your computer.

Anywayz, I am open, but, whoever I get, I won't be with them next year.

Llama, write a story!

Phantasm.Angel
03-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Sorry Llama ;_;

Maybe next time. I won't share the story with anyone. Finish your part, and keep it in your computer.

Anywayz, I am open, but, whoever I get, I won't be with them next year.

Llama, write a story!

I'll do it with you possibly.

Oxygen
03-02-2008, 01:52 PM
*Accepts*

PM me, and we'll discuss things.

Synester
03-02-2008, 04:30 PM
O_o, I'm on the list, wow...But I have caught 2 mons throough story, but in a single theard ;D. Here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71664). I guess that means I'm open =/. If anyone wants to partner up then send me a PM or Im =/.

-Nohara

Shozuka
03-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Okay, I'm open for anybody to pair up with me. ;)

CloudOfNines
03-02-2008, 05:10 PM
O_o, I'm on the list, wow...But I have caught 2 mons throough story, but in a single theard ;D. Here (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71664). I guess that means I'm open =/. If anyone wants to partner up then send me a PM or Im =/.

-Nohara
Skullz and I talked it over on aim and are partnering up (my two story mons) http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38958)

Synester
03-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Skullz and I talked it over on aim and are partnering up (my two story mons) http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38958)Yes, I do agree to this, seeing as he used two sets of blue whale tranquilizer to bring me down D:.

-Nohara

Shozuka
03-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Currently awaiting confirmation from Huncrew to be paired. ^_^

HorrorScope
03-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I confirm this.

Sign us up. :D

Marth
03-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Unless anyone has already proposed himself (Too lazy to read 9 pages of stuff meh), I can help with:

"-IF someone neutral and trusted (Preferably a mod) who is NOT entering the contest is willing, they'll be the one in charge of being sent all the stories, and numbering them. If not, I'll do it myself, and keep the numbers secret from everyone else. x3 Please DO NOT tell anyone what story number you are once you are assigned a number, or give anyone information about your story. We want the voting to be based on the story, not on popularity."

TheEvilDookie
03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Question 1: When it says you have to have 2 story captures, does that mean 1 for you and your partner or 2 for each?

Question 2: Is the "Only 15 teams allowed" still in effect?

Question 3: If #2 is yes, would Black Hawk and I be fit in the 15?

Bryce
03-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Question 1: When it says you have to have 2 story captures, does that mean 1 for you and your partner or 2 for each?

Answer #1- No. It means that each of you must have at least 2 captures. (ex. You catch a Mudkip & Torchic and Black Hawk catches a Charmander & Treeko.)

#2- Yes, Galleon enacted it after all of those teams were disqualified for lack of a sufficient number of captured Pokemon.

#3- I believe that all of the spots are filled up as of now. (Once Cune & BTS and the other pair are added, of course.)

^_^

CloudOfNines
03-02-2008, 07:47 PM

Q 1 answer: Two story captures for each person

Q 2 answer: I believe the 15 team rule is all that will be allowed

Q 3 answer: I dont think so, me and skullz were the 17th people to enter, plus I also found out me and my previous partner had 2 captures each and were still kicked out .-.

TheEvilDookie
03-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Crap... >.> Me n Black Hawk are out... We wouldve been like #14 or 15 if we didn't need 2 each.

Galleon
03-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Oi, what a mess. Apparently, I disqualified for Diesel 34 and FlameRyushin for no reason, so they're back in the contest. That leaves one pair open, and the last pair to have both members confirm was Cune and Blast the Stereo. And that would be all. Registration is now closed.

However, apparently FlameRyushin wants to team up with Skullz...? I don't even know wtf.

Shozuka
03-02-2008, 08:32 PM
So this means that I'm eliminated? T_T Great, Huncrew and I used up three hours brainstorming, and I had just started writing the story.

TheEvilDookie
03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
So this means that I'm eliminated? T_T Great, Huncrew and I used up three hours brainstorming, and I had just started writing the story.

You gots to read the rules... I didnt and I'm out too. D:

-PK
03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
If you don't make it in, you and him can still do a normal pair story, except without getting a better prize then what you write for xP

Shozuka
03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Yaeh that's what I thought of right now. Unless Galleon is nice and higher the limit to 20. Just kidding.

EmBreon
03-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Oi, what a mess. Apparently, I disqualified for Diesel 34 and FlameRyushin for no reason, so they're back in the contest. That leaves one pair open, and the last pair to have both members confirm was Cune and Blast the Stereo. And that would be all. Registration is now closed.

Ah, that would be my fault. :oops: I must have just forgot to change the search engine from '3 months' to 'Any Date' on that pair... I'm sorry about that.

Anyways, we'll get this all sorted out. Diesel and FlameRyushin applied first, so they should be all set to go. The repairing with Skullz issue should be decided between them I guess.

So much going on here. :eek:

Crystal Pikachu
03-02-2008, 09:17 PM
wtf? Not to rude, Galleon, but this is stupid. I mean, there is still 4-5 days left to enter. >_> You should take out the limit.

=/

This is really stupid, Pe2k lags, shuts down, people are busy in real life. I confirmed not so late after Blast, because of Pe2k's lagging. =/

Diesel 34
03-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Your forgetting though that people will need to read the story and if theres 40 stories no one will want to vote or vote fairly

CloudOfNines
03-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Sorry about that galleon... I was confused when you eliminated both of us and thought diesel hadn't had two stories =-X, but yes I am partnering up with diesel not skullz.

Shozuka
03-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Too late Flame, unless Galleon highs the limit, which he probably won't. I agree with CP, but the limit shouldn't be taken off, just a little higher.
It's okay though. : /

The Jr Trainer
03-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Seriously. :| People, it's just a contest, if you're really eager to right a story with your pair just do as PK suggested and write one that isn't involved in the contest.

Now you're all going to go, "But blah blah" yeah well, no one cares, got it? Rules are rules, they're not going to be changed just because someone wants to get into the contest. They weren't for Cune & BtS, so why should they for you?

On another note, good luck everyone. D:

Stinky
03-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Indeed, good luck. :O There's some tough competition; I hope ATF and I will do well. ^_^

Seawolf
03-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Your forgetting though that people will need to read the story and if theres 40 stories no one will want to vote or vote fairly

Indeed. There's also the small fact that some entries would get pushed back to the second page, and get completely ignored. There shouldn't be too many participants.

Bryce
03-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I agree with Megumi. :3

I doubt that the majority of the stories will be read the way it is, and adding five stories to the list would not make the situation any better.

===
ALSO
===

Seeing as we have 15 pairs in the competition, I take it you are going to raise the voting limit from two stories to three, Galleon? o__O

Galleon
03-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I agree with Megumi. :3

I doubt that the majority of the stories will be read the way it is, and adding five stories to the list would not make the situation any better.

===
ALSO
===

Seeing as we have 15 pairs in the competition, I take it you are going to raise the voting limit from two stories to three, Galleon? o__O
Yes.

Also, I'll reduce the first place cash prize to $15,000.

Dog of Hellsing
03-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Questions!

1) Do each of us need to write for seperate Mon, or can we write a story for just one?

2) Does the story need to end in a capture?

3) In the first post is says not to go for something over Complex, but then you say we can write for any Mon. So is there a limit on the Mon's category or no?

Galleon
03-02-2008, 10:38 PM
Questions!

1) Do each of us need to write for seperate Mon, or can we write a story for just one?

2) Does the story need to end in a capture?

3) In the first post is says not to go for something over Complex, but then you say we can write for any Mon. So is there a limit on the Mon's category or no?
1) It is advised that you go for two, so in the event that your story does not get a prize, it will still be eligible for a grade after the contest is over. Stories that win prizes are not eligible for a grade.

2) It doesn't have to be the ending, and It doesn't have to be some traditional Poke Ball capture, but there should be some semblance of 'capture.' Same idea for when your writing a normal story.

3) Go for anything Complex or lower.

Synester
03-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Seriously. :| People, it's just a contest, if you're really eager to right a story with your pair just do as PK suggested and write one that isn't involved in the contest.

Now you're all going to go, "But blah blah" yeah well, no one cares, got it? Rules are rules, they're not going to be changed just because someone wants to get into the contest. They weren't for Cune & BtS, so why should they for you?

On another note, good luck everyone. D:I'd bet you'd love to hear that if you got kicked out for no reason =/.

Well, I guess I'm out, good luck to everyone =/.

-Nohara

Dragonair_blizzard
03-03-2008, 04:40 AM
I have two captures: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77162 http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76979. Now I need a new partner. If anyone wants to be mine, PM me.

Oxygen
03-03-2008, 07:08 AM

Edit- Damn D:

We wern't in time...

HorrorScope
03-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Aww man.. me and PP spent hours of our time sorting our story out last night.

*Sigh*

Oh well, there's always next time..

Good luck to everyone still left in it. =/

EmBreon
03-03-2008, 05:14 PM
You all who have already started writing your pair stories together, but were removed, can still finish them. Just because you're out of the actual contest doesn't mean you can't post your paired story for a regular grade. :/

Oxygen
03-03-2008, 06:09 PM
You all who have already started writing your pair stories together, but were removed, can still finish them. Just because you're out of the actual contest doesn't mean you can't post your paired story for a regular grade. :/

That's what me and Llama were doing.

Focal
03-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Quick request: The previous 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Can they be placed in the Hall of Fame or something? Since this is obviously going to be another regular contest, people need to see the names.

(and mine and Nikki's at the top >=])

Galleon
03-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Quick request: The previous 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Can they be placed in the Hall of Fame or something? Since this is obviously going to be another regular contest, people need to see the names.

(and mine and Nikki's at the top >=])
>:o Everyone knows that I require three full days of solid groveling and/or begging and/or worshiping before I even think about accepting a request. And being the fun killer that I am, I am obligated to say, "Nope, never, no way, nuh-uh. Ain't gonna happen and there's nothing you can do to change my mind."

...Well, on second thought, okay.

Focal
03-04-2008, 07:40 AM
>:o Everyone knows that I require three full days of solid groveling and/or begging and/or worshiping before I even think about accepting a request. And being the fun killer that I am, I am obligated to say, "Nope, never, no way, nuh-uh. Ain't gonna happen and there's nothing you can do to change my mind."

...Well, on second thought, okay.

And everyone knows that I never grovel, beg or worship ;)

and hurray for Galleon's second thoughts! May she forever be schizophrenic!

Galleon
03-04-2008, 07:47 AM
And everyone knows that I never grovel, beg or worship ;)

and hurray for Galleon's second thoughts! May she forever be schizophrenic!
Thanks for that, ma'am. Things really weren't confusing enough.

Focal
03-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks for that, ma'am. Things really weren't confusing enough.

Lol, sorry about that XP I was posting real early =P

Volcanflame
03-07-2008, 08:51 AM
Ataro left the competition and Pokelord must felt so left out. So if it's allowed, I'm gonna replace Ataro.

-Volcan-

Iridium
03-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Ataro left the competition and Pokelord must felt so left out. So if it's allowed, I'm gonna replace Ataro.

-Volcan-

Yep, Volcan'll be my new partner.

Iridium
03-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Sorry for double posting ;_;

Can we write our story in a roleplay form?

Galleon
03-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Sorry for double posting ;_;

Can we write our story in a roleplay form?
No.

Emily
03-08-2008, 09:14 PM
I read through the first post, and maybe I'm just a retard, but I couldn't find a deadline for the stories to be in. I'd really like to know if it's appropriate to panic yet, so could someone please enlighten me?

Galleon
03-08-2008, 10:03 PM
I read through the first post, and maybe I'm just a retard, but I couldn't find a deadline for the stories to be in. I'd really like to know if it's appropriate to panic yet, so could someone please enlighten me?
Glad you brought that up. I was meaning to announce that today and nearly forgot. ^^;

Important:
The submission period starts on April 1st and ends on April 8th. You must send your story to Marth, via either private message or e-mail (preferably private message), and please make sure that your story has been formatted for posting before you send it to Marth (you can view your story by hitting the 'Preview Post' button instead of the 'Submit New Thread' button). Colored text is not allowed, either, so if you send it, it will just be changed to black. Do not send your stories in before April 1st. Make sure your story is edited to your satisfaction, because you will not be allowed to edit it once you submit it.

When you vote, you must provide a very brief summary for each of the stories that you have selected. It only needs to be a three or four sentences, but should include things like main characters and the general plot. If you do not do this, then your vote will not be counted, and you will not receive money for voting.

Psychic
03-10-2008, 12:25 PM
When you vote, you must provide a very brief summary for each of the stories that you have selected. It only needs to be a three or four sentences, but should include things like main characters and the general plot. If you do not do this, then your vote will not be counted, and you will not receive money for voting.
Smart idea. I remember doing that during the Summer Competition, actually. :P

So it's too late for any other entrants to join in?
*should probably look for a potential partner before asking*

Also wtf, Psychic is back? o.O

~Psychic

Oxygen
03-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah. It ended a while ago.

RocketMeowth
03-12-2008, 04:29 AM
Aw man I missed this? Dang.

Oh well. Next year.

=^^= Nya

Galleon
03-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Aw man I missed this? Dang.

Oh well. Next year.

=^^= Nya
It's gonna be biannual, so 'this fall,' if you like. And it'll be even more perfectest than this one. :P

Dog of Hellsing
03-17-2008, 07:52 PM
;_;

I have to drop out of this. I haven't heard anything from my partner for about two weeks now, and I haven't even gotten to start the story since I don't know what Pokemon he wants. On top of that, I'm busy with my current Hellsing story as well as a Paired Story with FR. I also have the Back to the Past tournament to worry about, and all this while having to work 5-6 days a week. Not to mention I still have two or three Story Deals for this month, none of which I've gotten started on yet.

So sorry to my partner, but maybe he can find another partner to work with. I just really can't do anything with this at this point in time now.

Galleon
03-17-2008, 08:57 PM
;_;

I have to drop out of this. I haven't heard anything from my partner for about two weeks now, and I haven't even gotten to start the story since I don't know what Pokemon he wants. On top of that, I'm busy with my current Hellsing story as well as a Paired Story with FR. I also have the Back to the Past tournament to worry about, and all this while having to work 5-6 days a week. Not to mention I still have two or three Story Deals for this month, none of which I've gotten started on yet.

So sorry to my partner, but maybe he can find another partner to work with. I just really can't do anything with this at this point in time now.
Sorry to hear that. :ermm:

That leaves a slot open for a new pair to register. If you don't mind working with slightly tighter time constraints, then please join.

HorrorScope
03-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Sorry that your dropping out TT, it's a shame. =[

Since there is a spot open would me and Peekaboo Pikachu be able to sign up again?

ZapPika (20:59:42): Come on let's enter
PumaZapp (20:59:53): Ok, i'll go post now.

He agreed on AIM.

Shozuka
03-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah I accept. I'm definitely up for it. :)
-LM

DrAgOn DrEaMeR
03-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Does that mean all the spots are filled? If so I would like to join! With someone of course. Anyone want to partner up?

Galleon
03-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Looks like huncrew and Peekabo Pikachu got the spot.

OrpheusMatt
03-17-2008, 11:13 PM
;_;

O.O Gah! What!? I didn't say anything because I didn't want to get it the way. Oh well. I can always enter some other time. I don't mind. Good luck huncrew and Peekaboo!

Galleon
03-18-2008, 12:33 AM
I didn't say anything because I didn't want to get it the way.
What does that even mean?

OrpheusMatt
03-18-2008, 01:34 AM
What does that even mean?
It doesn't matter. T tar said she could work on the first half, so I didn't want to bother her. She does have a lot of other stuff though, so it's fine.

Galleon
03-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Well, T-tar asked me to post a response for her, so take a good look.
(6:50:51 PM) TTar Trainer: "I'm sorry Matt, but instead of not replying to my PMs, you should have responded and mentioned that you were going to leave me be while I worked.When you don't reply for that long, it makes one think you've lost interest in whatever you were doing. Besides, I couldn't start the story because one of those PMs I sent asked what plot you wanted to use. You never replied, so I didn't know if I should use the desert one or a different one. This was especially important because I didn't know what Mon you wanted to go for, which would have directly impacted the plot I was planning on using. So again, I'm sorry, but it seemed as though you had lost interest, and this far into it I don't think I can pull anything off, not when I already have so much to do.
And just as a side note, writing a story with a partner is ALL about bothering them. Just ask Megumi; I bother her about it all the time. :D

EDIT: A friggin' busy day. So, at Diesel's request to drop out of the competition, I am letting FlameRyushin grab a new partner, and he has chosen T-tar, who has agreed. Apparently, they have an unfinished collab story which they can use, so I imagine it is much less work, thus the shortened work time should be less of an issue. How fun is this, eh? :P

Dog of Hellsing
03-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Actually it's more of a paired story that we decided to use as a Collab story. But yes, it is at least half-way done, and so I have less to do. Still not sure what I can pull off, but I'll try my best to get something done :oops:. Curse work, if only I could laze around all day as I could in years gone by...

Emily
03-20-2008, 08:21 AM
BTS and I are dropping out. It's too hard for us to meet the deadline - I'm a procrastinator, and he's dying under a workload. So yeah, we just can't do it. However, we will be writing it as a normal collab, so look out for it.

Blast the Stereo
03-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Yes, we are dropping out, indeed.

Good luck to everyone!

Shozuka
03-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Huncrew and I are dropping out, for the reason that we both have no time to write before the deadline. Good luck to everyone in the contest. I will certainly vote.

Please take us off the list. :(
-LM

HorrorScope
03-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah, unfortunately we're dropping out.

Good luck to all still participating. I shall be voting.

Galleon
03-21-2008, 03:47 AM
BTS and I are dropping out. It's too hard for us to meet the deadline - I'm a procrastinator, and he's dying under a workload. So yeah, we just can't do it. However, we will be writing it as a normal collab, so look out for it.
Yes, we are dropping out, indeed.

Good luck to everyone!
Huncrew and I are dropping out, for the reason that we both have no time to write before the deadline. Good luck to everyone in the contest. I will certainly vote.

Please take us off the list. :(
-LM
Yeah, unfortunately we're dropping out.

Good luck to all still participating. I shall be voting.
:(

There's still more than two weeks left, and now there are two slots open for any folks who'd like to register at this late hour.

*sigh*

Mitsuzo-kun
03-28-2008, 07:48 PM
*Sighs with Gall*

Me and Ash are gonna have to drop out too. :'(

Good luck to everyone still in! I'll definitely still be voting. And if you still need any help with the posting and such, Gall, gimme a shout or something.

Lati-Chan
03-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Wierd, a lot of people are dropping out all of a sudden. O.o

Bryce
03-28-2008, 08:24 PM

Yeah, I have noticed that too. =[

Jackson! :o

You & Ashley had a really good chance, but meh, do what you want. :3

Galleon
03-28-2008, 10:21 PM
*Sighs with Gall*

Me and Ash are gonna have to drop out too. :'(

Good luck to everyone still in! I'll definitely still be voting. And if you still need any help with the posting and such, Gall, gimme a shout or something.
*sighs so much that no one can keep up*

FINE, BE THAT WAY. T_T

There are now three slots open, though I doubt anyone wants to register when there's barely a week and a half left.

EmBreon
03-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Be prepared to yell, George. :x I've been having trouble catching Firefly online lately...and we really haven't started our story yet, so I'm not sure if we'll make it on time. :oops: I'm not taking us out of the competition yet, but I thought I'd give you a warning in the off-chance that we can't come up with something on time...

Galleon
03-28-2008, 11:46 PM
-_-

Alright, folks. Aside from people dropping out like hotcakes, it's been relatively quiet around here. How are things going for everyone? Are stories making decent progress? Is everyone procrastinating as much as I am? What's the deal? Gimme some information. If folks are having too much trouble, then there's always the possibility of extending the deadline. If it can be at all helped, then I'd most definitely prefer not to, but we'll see.

Phantom Kat
03-28-2008, 11:56 PM
-_-

Alright, folks. Aside from people dropping out like hotcakes, it's been relatively quiet around here. How are things going for everyone? Are stories making decent progress? Is everyone procrastinating as much as I am? What's the deal? Gimme some information. If folks are having too much trouble, then there's always the possibility of extending the deadline. If it can be at all helped, then I'd most definitely prefer not to, but we'll see.

It's sad for people to drop out, it makes the contest a little less worthwhile. D=

Well, Bryce and I are doing pretty well, we have a ton of story (we're overachievers xP) and since time is short, we cut back on the plot but it's still pretty cool. Currently I'm working on our third part and soon, I'll give it to Bryce so he can wrap it up although I need to go back and edit the beginning a bit. =3

Hehe, since out writing styles are so different, you can practically see where each of us picked it up. xD

Hope everyone else is doing well. =)

- Kat

Bryce
03-29-2008, 12:12 AM
Everything stated before me has been approved by the "Official Council of Bryces for the Victory Over you other People". xP

Yup, Kat & I are actually doing really well, and when she gets off her lazy rump and actually writes her part, I will be able to finish it. (lmao. I am just kidding.... I am such a slow writer... I took upwards of two weeks to write my first part, whereas hers, of the same length, was done in three days. :P)

Our writing styles are different? (:eh:) How so?

Hopefully we won't be the only ones that finish in time, for I want some competition... Yes, that means you Emma & Carly & Galleon & Megumi. ;D (and all you other pwn-tastic writers)

Whew. I am finished...

I hope all of ya'll have a good time writing your stories. <3

Mitsuzo-kun
03-29-2008, 12:16 AM
*sighs so much that no one can keep up*

FINE, BE THAT WAY. T_TSee? Now I feel bad. ;____;

Ehh, good luck to Bryce and Kat. They're pwntastic. ;D

Kat, get on AIM sometime soon. =/

Shana2488
03-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Cheer up, Galleon! I'm joining the competition! Ninja_TK is going to be my partner. xP

Ninja TK
03-29-2008, 02:43 AM
Cheer up, Galleon! I'm joining the competition! Ninja_TK is going to be my partner. xP
Yes, it is true. We are joining the fight!

Psychic
03-29-2008, 02:55 AM
It's because somebody is sending out death threats to all participants. o_o

If the deadline was extended a couple weeks I would totally pair up with someone still interested. Otherwise I just don't have enough time - especially because I'm helping my old high school out with their play so I'm really busy this coming week. @_@

~Psychic

Galleon
03-29-2008, 03:16 AM
Welcome, welcome. Two slots left.

And it would seem that an extension is in order. So, everyone, the new submission period will be from April 12th to April 19th. Hopefully, this will be enough for everyone to finish things up and make this a contest that we can all enjoy. :cool:

Phantom Kat
03-29-2008, 03:20 AM

And it would seem that an extension is in order. So, everyone, the new submission period will be from April 12th to April 19th. Hopefully, this will be enough for everyone to finish things up and make this a contest that we can all enjoy. :cool:

Ooh, this is good, this is good. This will give Bryce and I time to work out the kicks, proofread more, and stuff if we get to finish this in time. Thanks for the extension. =3

- Kat

Ninja TK
03-29-2008, 03:41 AM

Sweet. Longer to work this thing out! Thanks Galleon!

Lati-Chan
03-29-2008, 07:40 AM

Beautiful, but see, I want to enter, but I need my Weedle story graded. And I'll need a 30-40k story needed too. D:

Ninja TK
03-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Sorry to say, but I am dropping out of the contest. Shana is still in, but she is looking for a partner.

Jesus of Magikarps
03-29-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm joining, and partnering up with Shana_Garron. :O

Shana2488
03-29-2008, 10:02 PM
It's true. My new partner is the complete stranger Jesus_of_Magikarps! Lol.

Galleon
03-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Yay, welcome...

*waits for the next thing to make the contest go horribly awry*

Bring it. I am so ready for this.

Psychic
03-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Well then, if anyone is looking for a partner who has about three years' experience in fic writing (also being the Mod of the FF section on another Pokémon forum), I'm right here. :3

~Psychic

Venusaur456
03-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Well then, if anyone is looking for a partner who has about three years' experience in fic writing (also being the Mod of the FF section on another Pokémon forum), I'm right here. :3

~Psychic
I'm horrible at writing, but do you want to hook up with me in this?

Galleon
04-12-2008, 11:19 PM
One week left, folks. How are things going with this? You can start sending your stories to Marth, through either PM or e-mail.

RawrIsMyMiddleName
04-12-2008, 11:30 PM
One week left, folks. How are things going with this? You can start sending your stories to Marth, through either PM or e-mail.

We're finishing it up with the last, suspenseful part. It's going to get awesome. :3

Phantom Kat
04-13-2008, 12:39 AM
Same as NOAN, Bryce and I just need the last part (half of the battle and some dialogue) and we're done. Well, we're going to proofread after that, of course. =p

And more than likely, we'll be sending it through e-mail, the story is just broken up into so many PMs, it's horror. D=

- Kat

Marth
04-13-2008, 06:45 PM
As a reminder, send all entries to:
"deluxe11_1999@hotmail.com", including the names of the authors.
I'd prefer if you would send me the story as a word attachment, which I could just copy and paste into a board.
That means it has to be edited as you want it to be read on PE2K.

Venusaur456
04-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Me and magickid are entering the contest.

-Pichu Boy-
04-13-2008, 07:27 PM
If we still can... here's my captures:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53417
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78963

I know one of them is with different URPG stats, but it was still a capture done by me.

Venusaur456
04-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Nvm, I can't cause I don't have two captures... one caught and one missed.

Stinky
04-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Ehehe, I just sent in ATF and my entry. =3

Bryce
04-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Ahhhhhhh...!

OMG. April 19th came so fast. =[

I, literally, am working on the last part of Kat's & my story as I type & have had to blow off plans with friends just to get it done tonight. Hahaha. [/lame]

But, yup, ugh.

Dark Lightning
04-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Due to difficulties me and U&E can't complete the story.
So meh.=

Volcanflame
04-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Phew, just finished editing the whole story ... sent the story to Marth anyway.

-Volcan-

Focal
04-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Nikki and I don't have an entry either. I blame myself, because I was supposed to write the beginning part, but due to a lot of work and stuff I never really got enough done to give Nikki an actual start.

Galleon
04-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Nikki and I don't have an entry either. I blame myself, because I was supposed to write the beginning part, but due to a lot of work and stuff I never really got enough done to give Nikki an actual start.
Such would be the case for many of us, it seems. I know that Megumi and I will not be entering anything, either, and I've heard that a few others pairs have been having the same problem. So yes, overall, the contest is quite a big flop.

However, there's still the rest of the day for submission. I will most definitely be dulling down the prizes based on the number of final entries. Heck, at this point, I'm even wondering if there'll be as many entries as there are prizes.

Phantom Kat
04-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Such would be the case for many of us, it seems. I know that Megumi and I will not be entering anything, either, and I've heard that a few others pairs have been having the same problem. So yes, overall, the contest is quite a big flop.

However, there's still the rest of the day for submission. I will most definitely be dulling down the prizes based on the number of final entries. Heck, at this point, I'm even wondering if there'll be as many entries as there are prizes.

Aww, really, no story from you and Meg? D= Damn, I was hoping to read yours.

But, I am proofreading the last part Bryce send me and I'll soon e-mail it to Marth. Wow, all of this "get it done before the 19th" and we still haven't even decided on a a title. xD

- Kat

Bryce
04-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Blahhh...

Our victory would have been so much sweeter had it been over Galleon & Megumi. =[[

xDDD Just kidding.

Second contest in a row where I finish my entry the day it is due. <3

Good luck to the rest of ya'll. I am looking forward to reading your stories. =]

Focal
04-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Blahhh...

Our victory would have been so much sweeter had it been over Galleon & Megumi. =[[

Nikki and I felt the same way when we won the first time =>
Except it was over Em & FFK and DU & Meg >_>

Haze
04-19-2008, 07:42 PM
There was a lot of confusion between Jr and I, so we have no entry. I thought he was writing the first half, and he thought I was >_>

EmBreon
04-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Nikki and I felt the same way when we won the first time =>
Except it was over Em & FFK and DU & Meg >_>

PURE LUCK, I SAY!

No, but really, you two did a great job. :]

Anyways....Carly and I seem to have no entry to submit either... It is mostly my fault, for not being very active as of late. I kind of feel forced to be nubbish and suggest that you EXTEND THE DEADLINE, but I feel it would be pushing it. :oops: It seems kind of tradition that these contests do though, considering that I think last collab. was extended like five times. Perhaps I can hunt FFK down and stalk her writing abilities at this last minute, but I doubt it.

Good luck to everyone who has completed the task.

Shana2488
04-20-2008, 05:42 AM
Well, I guess it's too late to say this, but Jesus of Magikarps and I are going to have to drop out, too. He never sent the story back to me so I could do my parts. He hasn't even been online to talk to me. So, we have no contest entry. Sorry.

Seawolf
04-20-2008, 06:22 AM
I guess nobody really had the time...

I'd like to apologize to Galleon. I just wasn't in the zone. =/

Lati-Chan
04-20-2008, 07:40 AM
No, I'm not in the contest, but I agree with Emma. I think Galleon should extend it even a little bit, just so some people can come up with something. ^^;

Bryce
04-20-2008, 08:12 AM
No, I'm not in the contest, but I agree with Emma. I think Galleon should extend it even a little bit, just so some people can come up with something. ^^;

But that would be, like, totally unfair to those that had actually finished within the deadline. Sure, it would give them time to look back over and perhaps add to their story, but still, it defeats the purpose.

However, I would like to have more than just a few other pairs to compete against.... It would just be a lot more fun and such.

So yeah, I'm torn on the matter. :3

By the way, Sarah, your signature is composed of an unbelievable amount of win. (xP)

Lati-Chan
04-20-2008, 08:17 AM
But that would be, like, totally unfair to those that had actually finished within the deadline. Sure, it would give them time to look back over and perhaps add to their story, but still, it defeats the purpose.

However, I would like to have more than just a few other pairs to compete against.... It would just be a lot more fun and such.

So yeah, I'm torn on the matter. :3

By the way, Sarah, your signature is composed of an unbelievable amount of win. (xP)

Yeah. I know. x3 I guess it would be unfair to the other pairs in this, but even a few days, so maybe the current pairs could add on, take out, edit, proofread and stuff. :P

Bryce
04-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Yeah. I know. x3 I guess it would be unfair to the other pairs in this, but even a few days, so maybe the current pairs could add on, take out, edit, proofread and stuff. :P

Yeah, but the problem with that is that most of the pairs sound as though they have barely started their stories / have a scant amount written, so I doubt that unless they severely shortened their plots that they would be able to finish.

I am all for giving them a few days, if they could finish in that time, but I would be disappointed to see this thing extended a couple weeks or more, since it's already been extended once already.

But, I guess none of this matters, since it is up to Galleon as to what happens. (:

Lati-Chan
04-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Yeah, but the problem with that is that most of the pairs sound as though they have barely started their stories / have a scant amount written, so I doubt that unless they severely shortened their plots that they would be able to finish.

I am all for giving them a few days, if they could finish in that time, but I would be disappointed to see this thing extended a couple weeks or more, since it's already been extended once already.

But, I guess none of this matters, since it is up to Galleon as to what happens. (:

True, but if pairs got maybe 3-5 days more, they could probably finish their story. :P If they paid attention to it.

Marth
04-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I've recieved 3 stories so far. I'll await further instructions, Galleon.

Galleon
04-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Well, this is pretty awful, but everyone's had a month and a half to get something done. From the sound of things, most of us don't have very much done, and looking back, the contest has been on a downward spiral since the beginning. I honestly don't think extending the deadline would be very helpful, like the difference between pulling off a Band-Aid slowly instead of quickly.

On the other hand, perhaps we would get some more stories, but considering the general lack of interest I've seen the past month or so, I don't think accommodating those of us who haven't put forth the effort that this contest needs is really a viable option. That, and with WAR right around the corner, enthusiasm for this contest is unlikely to improve a whole lot.

So, I'm going to go ahead and put an end to thing here. Of the three stories that have been entered, we will still hold voting. I will decrease the luxuriousness of the prizes, but I think all three of the stories entered deserve something for their troubles. Basically, the three pairs who actually entered something will receive a prize, but voting will still determine ranking. The first post has been edited with the new prizes and will soon contain links to the stories.

RawrIsMyMiddleName
04-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Well, at least we're getting something. 2,000 is just a little, meh. So that's all the prizes? Or did I read that last post wrong? :3 I want Leman and I to at least get second...

Marth
04-21-2008, 12:11 AM
All 4 stories have now been posting.
Each story has a codename - a psychic pokémon so I can identify the author.
Ask Galleon for further instructions.

Galleon
04-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Alright, so those of you who would like to vote, you may no begin reading the stories and sending your votes in to Marth. And since there are only four stories to be read, I think one week is plenty of time for voting, now. Voting ends on April 27th. Please look at the first post for the specifics on voting.

There are also four prizes, now. :P

RawrIsMyMiddleName
04-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Voting done tomorrow, but I think Galleon has a different timezone! To avoid confusion, do you mind telling me how many hours until the voting is done? I'm sure Marth might take time to read it all, so I'm not rushing you guys. Just too anxious!

Bryce
04-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Galleon, I have a question...

Is it required that you vote for three stories, or can you only vote for, like, one?

I know you probably have to, but I just wanted to know.

Galleon
04-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Voting done tomorrow, but I think Galleon has a different timezone! To avoid confusion, do you mind telling me how many hours until the voting is done? I'm sure Marth might take time to read it all, so I'm not rushing you guys. Just too anxious!
Don't worry about it. It's up when it's up. :P
Galleon, I have a question...

Is it required that you vote for three stories, or can you only vote for, like, one?

I know you probably have to, but I just wanted to know.
Yes, please vote for three stories.