PDA

View Full Version : Let's Jump the Bandwagon!

toybox
03-06-2008, 09:47 PM
I suppose you can call this a greeting thread.

The Line-Up:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa145.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa248.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa202.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa385.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa462.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfsa/dpmfsa130.png

-----
Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Clouds Of Fire
Trait: Pressure
Evs: 192HP / 140SpAtk / 176Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- HP [Ice]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Pretty cool lead. Sub protects against lead Breloom Spores and such. Then I'll just BP away as they switch into a counter. I consolidated the SpAtk EVs for more general bulk, not that the lack of SpAtk matters though, as I can still 0HKO 4/0 Salamence anyway.

-----
Tyranitar (♂) @ Choice Band ** Bleed It Out
Trait: Sand Stream
Evs: 252HP / 80Atk / 176SpDef
Careful nature (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

One word: Amazing. How often do you see a Tyranitar survive a Modest AG Starmie's Surf? A Togekiss's Aura Sphere? The extra bulk aids me greatly when switching into frail attackers like Azelf and Gengar.

-----
Wobbuffet (♀) @ Leftovers ** HAI, IM GENERIC AN GAY
Trait: Shadow Tag
Evs: 252Def / 252SpDef / 4Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

Zappy's Sub Passes + Wobby's Encore is as deadly as it gets. Meaning, I can bring in my trappers much more easily. The epitome of bog, really.

-----
Jirachi @ Leftovers ** Little Wonders
Trait: Serene Grace
Evs: 236HP / 56Def / 140Spd / 76SpDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
- Body Slam
- U-Turn
- Wish
- Zen Headbutt

WHEN U WISH UPON A STAR!!!!

-----
Magnezone @ Life Orb ** Cross Them Out
Trait: Magnet Pull
Evs: 88HP / 252SpAtk / 168Spd
Rash nature (SpAtk, -SpDef)
- Flash Cannon
- HP [Grass]
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt

Speed EVs let me tie with min speed Milotic.

-----
Gyarados (♂) @ Leftovers ** gg
Trait: Intimidate
Evs: 8HP / 252Atk / 248Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

*Gyarados uses Dragon Dance!
It seems to be gg, good lad

I like it.

Owen_Guy
03-07-2008, 08:36 AM
One problem my friend and that is wobbuffet is an Uber and is not count for compeditive battle

Black Hawk
03-07-2008, 10:51 AM
One problem my friend and that is wobbuffet is an Uber and is not count for compeditive battle

I'm sorry, but learn stuff before you speak please. Wobbuffet is no longer an UBER on shoddy battle. Shoddy is obviously what he is doing because of the long nicknames.

Itachi_2007
03-07-2008, 10:58 AM

._. This is for Shoddy, and Shoddy has unbanned Wobbuffet. :/

Taunt would be of better use over AT on Gyara. Anyway, that's all I can really see.

Go one of these spreads on Gyara: 212 HP / 16 Atk / 180 Def / 100 Spe, or 212 HP / 16 Atk / 136 Def / 144 Spe. Edit: Beaten. :/

Spongebob Number One Fan
03-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Should I give away your identity or not?

Duggy problems and whatnot and all that jazz and quakeslide is no pal. The bulky-ifi-cation of gyarados is in order :P

Without a Rapid spinner I'd really watch out for Stelath Rock which is really going to mess up your ground immunities.

Pulse
03-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Looks like a solid team. Consider running 216 SpDef on Tyranitar, as that will allow you to survive two SpecsMence's Draco Meteors. Just a thought. Also, I'm not really a fan of the Magnezone set. Seems like you'd be better off using something that can actually sweep and Explode on Blissey if need be. :ermm: Like I said though, solid team.

toybox
03-08-2008, 10:19 PM
No, just no. This post doesn't even warrant a response.

Should I give away your identity or not?
Be my guest, Mr. Pop.

Anyway, I tweaked Magnezone's moveset a bit as Explosion has been doing nothing for me lately. I may even consider changing the thing altogether.

The 216SpDef EVs is up in the air, as Tyranitar isn't usually my first switch into Meteoric Swarm anyway.

Pulse
03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
The 216SpDef EVs is up in the air, as Tyranitar isn't usually my first switch into Meteoric Swarm anyway.

Nor should it be, with two steels on the team, but if you're going to be so close to that magic number of 216, I'd go all the way. Unless you've done extensive damage calculations to back up the 80 Atk EVs on Tyranitar, I would just run 216 SpDef EVs to make them more worthwhile.

If your opponent has SR up, Mamoswine could be trouble. Gyarados would be less reliable to counter as it loses 25% health from the getgo, and Ice Fang will sure hurt. Actually, Wobbu might do decently as a counter, though I'm not sure how much a CB/LO EQ does to it. You should be able to work around it though, just play it carefully. Nice team.

Kendo
03-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Personally, I'm never the one for moves like U-Turn, Baton Pass, and Dragon Dance. I prefer damaging moves to them, they've never really let me down. And how are you supposed to change the Hidden Power effect in a set arena? Encore is more of a chance attack, depending on what your opponent may be using, it's either good or bad. I'd rather not go with it.

Ultima Boss
03-13-2008, 08:39 PM
You know that U-Turn is a damaging move as well?

Also, in Shoddy and Netbattle, you can change IVs.

Itachi_2007
03-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Question - Does Petaya Berry's effect work with Baton Pass / BP? If so, it might be great to have on Zapdos.

I'd put the extra Special Defense EV's in, like Pulse said.

@ Kendo, 1.) Guess people have diffirent experiences, but really, many people, and more then likely this guy, as well as myself, find those said moves useful, making your point moot.

2.) Uh... What?

3.) Encore's effect can just be switched out of, so you're partially right. It is kind of bad to use, but if used right, Isn't total fail. Nothing except a few moves like Splash tend to ever be.