PDA

View Full Version : A Yu-Gi-Oh News Update

Manjoume Jun
04-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Recently in Yu-Gi-Oh, the following nifty little things have become apparant:

The signature monsters from the new Blaze of Destruction and Fury from the Deep structure decks have had their translated names revealed at last.

They are as follows:

SD3-EN001: Infernal Flame Emperor
SD4-EN001: Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo Daedalus

Also, the fourth promotional card to be released by Shonen Jump was (disappointingly, in my opinion) a re-print of the Cyber Harpie Lady card handed out at the Flaming Eternity sneak preview events.

Almost literally, as the card is indeed labelled SP1-EN001, rather than JMP-EN004.

Shonen Jump is to release another new promo card in its July issue, which will be released sometime towards the end of May.

Also, The Lost Millennium, the next expansion set for us English-speaking duelists, is to hit stores in June, with the sneak preview events around America offering a lovely copy of Amazoness Chain Master just for showing up.

Next up, the next expansion for Japan, Cybernetic Revolution, which is to be released 4 weeks from now, has finally given us a spanking preview of 8 cards from the set, which are as follows:

Cybernetic Magician
Light/Spellcaster/6/2400/1000
During your turn, you can discard 1 card from your hand in order to make the ATK of 1 face-up monster on the field 2000 until the End Phase of this turn.

Miracle Fusion
Normal Spell Card
You can remove Fusion Material monsters from your side of the field and/or your Graveyard from play in order to Special Summon a Fusion Monster with "E-Hero" in its name from your Fusion Deck (the monster is treated as being properly Fusion Summoned).

Conscription Order
Normal Trap Card
Look at the top card of your opponent's deck. If it is a monster which can be Normal Summoned, Special Summon it to your side of the field. Otherwise, the card is added to your opponent's hand.

Dimensional Wall
Normal Trap Card
This card can only be activated when your opponent declares an attack. If you take damage as a result of that attack, the damage is done to your opponent instead.

G-Kozaky
Dark/Fiend/4/2500/2400
This card is instantly destroyed whenever "Kozaky" is no longer face-up on (your side of?) the field. When this face-up card is destroyed, damage is done to your Life Points equal to the ATK of this monster.

Cyber Dragon
Light/Machine - Effect/5/2100/*DEF unknown*
If you have no monsters on the field and your opponent has at least 1 monster on his/her side of the field, this card can be Normal Summoned from your hand without offering a monster as a Tribute.

Cyber Twin Dragon
Light/Machine - Fusion - Effect/8/2800/*DEF unknown*
"Cyber Dragon" + "Cyber Dragon"
This card can attack twice during the same Battle Phase.

Cyber End Dragon
Light/Machine - Fusion - Effect/10/4000/*DEF unknown*
"Cyber Dragon" + "Cyber Dragon" + "Cyber Dragon"
If this card attacks your opponent's Defense Position monster with an ATK higher than the DEF of that Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as battle damage to your opponent's Life Points.

Power Bond
Normal Spell Card
Fuse 2 or more Fusion Material monsters from your side of the field or your hand in order to Special Summon a Machine-type Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck. The ATK of the fused monster is doubled, and damage is done to your Life Points at the End Phase of the turn in which this card is activated equal to the original ATK of the fused monster.

Skyscraper
Field Spell Card
Whenever a monster with "E-Hero" in its name battles a monster with a higher ATK than itself, increase the ATK of that "E-Hero" monster by 1000 points until the end of that attack.

Okay, so that's 10 cards, but if Cyber End Dragon is going to be released, then Cyber Twin Dragon and the original Cyber Dragon are obviously also going to be released.

Finally, a new promotional card was released in the Japanese magazine V-Jump, and it goes something like this:

Wicked God - Dread Root
Dark/Fiend/10/4000/4000
This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card can only be Normal Summoned (or Set?) by offering 3 monsters on your side of the field as a Tribute. As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field, the ATK and DEF values of all other face-up monsters on the field are halved.

EDIT: It's all monsters on the field PERIOD, have their ATK and DEF halved, not just yours... niftyness, ^_^

---

Have fun peeps, ^_^

LaprasRider
04-29-2005, 01:12 AM
Hmm... I thought Amazoness Chain Master had already been released in Magician's Force. I've already recieved and put my Cyber Harpie Lady to good use ^_^. I'll probably get the Fury from the Deep structure deck when it's released. I've always been interested in using a Water themed deck.

Jet
04-29-2005, 09:54 AM
omg... ygo is beginning to be like magic... more and more brokenness... look at Cyber Twin Dragon... DAMN IT... I don't care if I don't have Cyber End Dragon, Cyber Twin Dragon is enough... and with POWER BOND... man. G-Kozaky is also damn... Skill Drain has another use now. If not Skill Drain, equip Heart of Clear to Kozaky then...

wait, you SURE that in TLM, Amazoness Chain Wielder will be present in the set? or just a give-away?

Alakazam
04-29-2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah, those Cyber Dragons are just crazy...

Manjoume Jun
04-30-2005, 04:29 PM
LaprasRider: Magician's Force released all of the Amazoness cards APART from Chain Master.

Jet: I said that Chain Master is being released at the TLM sneak preview event, NOT as part of the set.

Kenny_C.002
05-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Magic's becoming more and more broken? O_O Last time I checked Kamigawa was crap at bringing power to the table.

Anyway, those dragons...O_O Man the twin dragon's so crazy. lol

Manjoume Jun
05-12-2005, 01:51 AM
More news peeps, enjoy what's below:

Japan are soon to be getting the fifth and sixth structure decks in this recent series of 'em, they are as follows:

SD5-JP: Legendary Warriors (16th June)
AND...
SD6-JP: Traitorous Machines... sometime in September, :P

It's pretty obvious as to what they're both gonna' be based around, so just use your head, lol.

Legendary Warriors promises THREE new cards instead of the usual one, but nothing has been said as to what is contained within either of these decks as of yet.

Shonen Jump have been so kind as to finally give the US their third and final (albeit unplayable) Egyptian God card, as the July issue offered a copy of Obelisk the Tormentor as a subscription-only promo.

Might be nifty to mess around with, XP

The Lost Millennium hits stores incredibly soon, just a 24-day wait, as the next English-speaking expansion is slated for release on the 5th June.

Cybernetic Revolution update, yayz, ^_^:

Cyber Dragon's defense has been confirmed as 1600.
Cyber End Dragon's defense has been confirmed as 2800, and the following text is confirmed to have been included:

"This card can only be Fusion Summoned by the above Fusion-Material monsters."

So no fusion substitutes, lol.

More cards:

UFOroid
Earth/Machine/5/1200/*DEF unknown*

UFOroid Fighter
Light/Warrior - Fusion - Effect/10/?/?
"UFOroid" + 1 Warrior-Type monster
This card can only be Fusion Summoned by the above Fusion-Material monsters. The ATK and DEF of this card are equal to the combined original ATK and DEF of the monsters used in the Fusion Summon of this card.

Wings of Evolution
Normal Spell Card
Discard 2 cards from your hand, and offer a "Hane Kuriboh" on your side of the field as a Tribute, in order to Special Summon 1 "Hane Kuriboh LV10" from your hand or Deck to the field.

Hane Kuriboh LV10
Light/Fairy/10/300/200
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Wings of Evolution". Offer this face-up monster as a Tribute in order to destroy all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field, and inflict damage equal to half the combined original ATK of the destroyed monsters. This effect can be used on your opponent's turn.

Things are looking VERY interesting thus far...

Next up, the next expansion to be released in Japan after Cybernetic Revolution is to be called Elemental Energy, so we can probably expect to see some more support for the Elemental Heroes. It hits Japanese stores on the 11th August.

Nightmare Troubadour for the Nintendo DS is set to be released in Japan on 21st July, although the promos still remain unconfirmed.

*is still hoping for Vorse Raider, Crush Card, and Shrink*

FINALLY, take note of the fact that I mis-read Wicked God - Dread Root, and have edited the effect of it in my first post.

Have fun until next time peeps, ^_^

Manjoume Jun
05-25-2005, 06:11 AM
The three Nightmare Troubadour promos have been confirmed as thus:

NTR-JP001
Silent Magician LV4
Light/Spellcaster/4/1000/1000
Place 1 Spell Counter on this card each time your opponent draws a card. Increase the ATK of this card by 500 points for every Spell Counter on it. When this face-up card has at least 5 Spell Counters on it, you may offer this card as a Tribute during your End Phase in order to Special Summon 1 "Silent Magician LV8" from your hand or Deck.

NTR-JP002
Silent Magician LV8
Light/Spellcaster/8/3500/1000
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Silent Magician LV4". This card is unaffected by your opponent's Spell Cards.

NTR-JP003
Magician's Circle
Normal Trap Card
This card can only be activated when a Spellcaster-Type monster attacks. Both you and your opponent can Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster with 2000 ATK or less from your Decks in face-up Attack Position.

Also, the sixth structure deck is NOT going to be based on Machines, it has actually been discovered to be as follows:

Roar of the Big Beasts (SD6-JP)

The release date remains the same, so expect to see it at some point around September.

On the subject of structure decks, the three new cards being offered in the Legend of Warrior (SD5-JP) structure deck are as follows:

SD5-JP001
Gilford the Legend
Earth/Warrior/8/2600/2000
This card cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Normal Summoned successfully, you can activate any number of Equip Spell Cards in your Graveyard and equip them to any number of face-up Warrior-Type monsters on your side of the field.

SD5-JP002
Female Warrior from the Wilderness
Earth/Warrior/4/1100/1200
When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, you can Special Summon 1 Warrior-Type EARTH monster with 1500 ATK or less from your Deck to the field. Your Deck is then shuffled.

SD5-JP003
Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade
Equip Spell Card
This card can only be equipped to a Warrior-Type monster. Increase the ATK of the equipped monster by 500 points. If this card exists in your Graveyard during your Main Phase, you can remove 1 Warrior-Type monster from your Graveyard from play in order to return this card to your hand.

It has also been confirmed that the following cards will be included within this deck:

Marauding Captain (w00tay!!)
Wicked-Breaking Flamberge - Baou
Fusion Sword Murasame Blade

It is speculated, and is quite obvious, that this deck will revolve around Equip Spell Cards, so it may also include a copy or two of Armed Samurai - Ben Kei.

Obviously, there's still nothing on Elemental Energy, but it's quite a while yet before this expansion will be released, although suspected inclusions are as follows:

E-Hero Tempest (fusion of Feather Man, Spark Man, and Bubble Man)
E-Hero Edgeman (level 7 "trample" monster)

Also, Cybernetic Revolution included a lot of cards used by the Marufuji brothers (Sho and Ryo), and so it is also speculated that Elemental Energy will include a lot of cards used by Daichi Misawa, eg. Hydrogedon, Oxygedon, Water Dragon, etc...

Speaking of Cybernetic Revolution, it was recently released in Taiwan, and so the full 60-card set list is available. I shall post it in a separate thread in due course.

I would also like to note the following separately:

---
=====
---

All information offered by myself within this thread is credited entirely to the webmasters of Duel Monster's Comet (www.dmcomet.net (http://www.dmcomet.net)), and is not intended otherwise.

I am merely acting as a medium for the information they offer, so that those of you who show interest in the game of Yu-Gi-Oh might learn of the most up-to-date news going around.

---
=====
---