PDA

View Full Version : Create-a-card YGO version

Jet
04-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Oh well... some other forums have it, why not here? (Note: Rulings based from Xerocreative)

RULES, please read

One person, "the Judge", decides on a criteria that people will follow as their entries. This may be a description as a type of card that is to be made or anything relating to YGO, from an ability or flavour text for a card to several related cards (but not too ridiculously broken cards). After at least 3 days or 3 entries, whichever comes first, the Judge selects a winner. The winner then becomes the Judge for the next round. You get a point if you get selected. Place it in your sig or make a banner even, for bragging rights.

Judge:
- You can enter in your own criteria, but cannot choose yourself as the winner.
- Be specific in giving a criteria; example:
--- a spell<too general>
--- a continuous spell <still too general>
--- a continuous spell that supports Dark Magician<good>
--- a card that negates the effects of effect monsters <also good>
- please mark your criteria so people can see it, either making it bold, italisizing it or even changing its size even

Contestants:
- No brokenness
- follow the dang criteria
- clarify if needed; also on the rulings
EDIT - only 1 entry card per person UNLESS specified otherwise in the criteria (sorry if I didn't post this earlier)

Somebody can be a Judge multiple times (just not consecutively), as long as they keep winning.

If there have been five or more entries for at least a week, and the Judge hasn't yet selected a winner, anybody may take over for them, selecting a winner (but not themselves), who then gets a point and becomes the next Judge as usual.

Created cards should be something that could potentially be printed, and not be too overpowered or too weak, unless the criteria allows it.

Anybody who wins by posting a card/flavour text/whatever that already exists in YGO, or was posted by somebody other than them on this forum (you can submit previously created cards of yours if they fit the criteria) will have their point taken away from them. If the card belonged to somebody else on the forum, the point goes to them. Otherwise, the point goes to whoever posts it first.

Kenny: Can this be stickied? ^^;

Might as well be the first judge =P

Criteria: A monster with the ability "You may offer this monster with X tributes instead" in short, something similar to Moisture Creature and Gilford the Lightning; offering 3 monster for something to happen instead of 2. It could be just "offering 2" instead of 1, or you may summon this mosnter with a tribute instead of none, your choice =P

Incongruity
04-29-2005, 05:08 PM
http://img172.echo.cx/img172/9375/untitled15co.jpg

Osse, Vassal of Ulmo
SSK-000
Attribute: Water
Level stars: 8
Sub-type: Aqua
ATK 3050 / Def 2050

In addition to being Tribute Summoned normally with two tributes, this card may be summoned two different ways.
-Tribute Summon or Set with three tributes, and when successfully summoned, draw two cards.
-Tribute five monsters to Special Summon this monster, and increase its ATK by 3000 points

The first effect is really just to try to balance out card advantage. (still a -1 though)

I'm sure we all see the instant abusability of the second effect... Luckily the only effect is an atk increase.

And then, even without activating effect, it's got decent stats. Being Aqua is always good. Water is a decently supported attribute, but ALO isn't really going to help this one. And an ATK and DEF aren't too bad. I especially like the 3050 atk.... hehehe

originally, this card was overpowered with the ability to summon with 1 tribute in exchange for -600 atk (a magical 2450 atk :tongue:) and the ability to summon with no tribute in exchange for -1100 atk, but that was just too much in one card.

Kenny_C.002
04-30-2005, 03:47 AM
Jet, the ability didn't make sense, but this is my interpretation...

Vessel of the Oceans
Water/6/Aqua
You may special summon this monster by tributing two monsters you control. If you do, you may reveal the top of your deck until you reveal a monster. Special summon that monster in attack mode and shuffle the revealed cards back to your deck.
2500/1600

Personally speaking, this ability may be pretty interesting with some other functions floating around. Yeah.... ;)

Jet
04-30-2005, 03:53 AM
well, you can still edit it... you can make it to just 2 tributes =P everyone can before the judging.

Kenny_C.002
04-30-2005, 04:04 AM
lol thanks Jet. That'll make it a pretty strong card. Broken or not I don't know tho.

Alakazam
04-30-2005, 02:40 PM
KEEPER OF THE DEAD
[Dark/Fiend/4-1300/600]
Effect: This monster cannot be destroyed by battle. When this monster attacks, cut its attack strength in half before calculating damage. Whenever this monster changes from attack mode to defense mode, you may remove a card from either gravetard. If you do, this monster cannot attack this turn.

DESPERATION SACRIFICE
Quick Magic
Effect: This card can be activated if there are at least ten cards in your graveyard. Remove your graveyard from the game. Draw 2 cards.

DIFFERENT DIMENSION CANNON
Equip Magic
Effect: Increase the attack strength of the equipped monster by 100 for each of your monsters removed from the game.

DIFFERENT DIMENSION FIRST AID MACHINE
Permanent Trap
Effect: Whenever a card is removed from the game, increase your life points by 200.

DIFFERENT DIMSENSION EMERGENCY CONSCRIPTION
Counter Trap
Effect: You may activate this card when one of your opponent's monster is attacking. Pay 1000 life points. Special summon one of your monsters that has been removed from the game.

NOTE/RULING: If Desperation Sacrifice is used while D.D. First Aid Machine is active, that player just gains 200 LP, (NOT 200 * amount of cards removed)

ANOTHER RULING: Monsters that have a special requirement for summoning must have been "correctly" summon at least once or else they are not a valid target for [Different Dimension Emergency Conscription].

^ So, you can't drop Shinato into the grave, remove it, and then summon it...it has to be ritual summoned, sent to grave, removed, than brought back.

EDIT: oops....I missed the part about criteria @_@

Jet
05-01-2005, 03:01 AM
AbXtreme and Brian; you still have at least 24 more hrs. to edit it... or more... so look at the criteria above and edit it; sorry for the mishap, only 1 entry per person ^^;

Manjoume Jun
05-01-2005, 03:13 AM
Cannon Trooper
Earth/Machine/7/1700/2200
Tribute 1 monster on your side of the field to inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points. This card can be Normal Summoned or Set without Tribute. In that case, the damage done by this effect becomes 300.

---

Did that fit the criteria properly?
I'll edit it if it didn't.

Also, if anyone wants any rulings, then either refer to "Fusilier Dragon the Dual-Mode Beast", "Cannon Soldier", or just see me.

manectrics_shockwave
05-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Mystical Leaf Creature
Earth/4/Plant-Effect
Effect: When this monster his killed or used as a tribute you may special summon 3 monsters from your hand to the field. (This monster must be removed from the game after use.)
ATK/650 DEF/2800

Jet
05-01-2005, 11:02 AM
maybe I didn't make myself clear...

create a monster something like this

http://shop.clubit.co.uk/sites/1/images/prod41/primary/large/PGD-013.jpg

or

Gilford the Lightning
http://www.thejapanesestore.com/Gilford_the_Lightning.jpg

or

http://www.pojo.com/yu-gi-oh/cotd/2004Dec/fusilier_dragon.jpg

anything similar; as long as you have an alternative way of summoning it with a different number of tributes... Dan, that's fine, manectrics_shockwave and PaperFairy, those have nothing to do with alternative ways of summoning... please read the instructions above.

judging starts tomorrow...it's 6:58 PM here, I'll start judging around 10 or 11 AM tom... so you can still edit it.

Animefan1291
05-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Ok, here we go, lemme see if I can whip up sumthin good:

Self Destruction Beast
Monster
Stars:4
Atk/Def:1500/1200
Attribute:Dark
Type:Fiend
Effect: You may tribute-summon one monster to activate this monster's special effect:
~ Remove this monster from play to inflict twice this monster's current attack upon your opponent's Life Points

Jet
05-02-2005, 04:14 AM
Err... what happened to AbXtreme and PaperFairy's entry? o_O

anyway... sorry Brian, manectrics_shockwave, your entries didn't fit in the criteria, there's always a next time ^^;

http://img172.echo.cx/img172/9375/untitled15co.jpg

Osse, Vassal of Ulmo
SSK-000
Attribute: Water
Level stars: 8
Sub-type: Aqua
ATK 3050 / Def 2050

In addition to being Tribute Summoned normally with two tributes, this card may be summoned two different ways.
-Tribute Summon or Set with three tributes, and when successfully summoned, draw two cards.
-Tribute five monsters to Special Summon this monster, and increase its ATK by 3000 points

hmm, yeah, ALO won't do any good, but the 2nd ability is hard to use, I mean, 5 monsters? how do you swarm with water... oh wait... oh yeah, grizzly, spirit, fenrir... I see. the 1st ability is very good too, excellent work, the 2nd ability is kinda strong, by 2500 will do lol

Vessel of the Oceans
Water/6/Aqua
You may special summon this monster by tributing two monsters you control. If you do, you may reveal the top of your deck until you reveal a monster. Special summon that monster in attack mode and shuffle the revealed cards back to your deck.
2500/1600

this seems very familiar, magic-like even lol. It's ok, by being a 2500 alone is already strong. I see 1 drawback there, where the revealed monster is a Nomi-monster: Can't be special summoned, or has to be special summoned in only 1 way; aka envoys. Decent enough

Cannon Trooper
Earth/Machine/7/1700/2200
Tribute 1 monster on your side of the field to inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points. This card can be Normal Summoned or Set without Tribute. In that case, the damage done by this effect becomes 300.

hm, nice, Cost Down will be definitely useful for this card. omg, scapegoat + this = wow. the stats make up for its powerful ability. The "without tribute" ability is fair enough, 300 only, but imagine just a 4 star monster with 1700 ATK and 2200 normal monster, it's too good. more for this, ok nonetheless

Self Destruction Beast
Monster
Stars:4
Atk/Def:1500/1200
Attribute:Dark
Type:Fiend
Effect: You may tribute-summon one monster to activate this monster's special effect:
~ Remove this monster from play to inflict twice this monster's current attack upon your opponent's Life Points

o_O

turn 1: summon 1 monster
turn 1 opponent: targets monster; you activate interdimensional transporter on your monster
turn 2: offer the monster, use effect to inflict 3000 damage

that's just 1 situation... there's Troop Dragon, searchers, etc. broken. deal damage with its original ATK only is already a bit on the broken side. Nice concept though

and the winner is...

sk1911!!!

it was a close tie between kenny and sk, but seeing a 6 star 2500 alone is nice in water, what more with the effect

sk, the floor is yours.

note, if sk doesn't post within 3 days, anyone can be the judge; 1st come 1st serve =P

Kenny_C.002
05-02-2005, 05:16 AM
Oh, so close. XD

Anywho, Brian get your butt to the mtg section or die (we need more people). XD

Incongruity
05-02-2005, 09:37 PM
lol, I don't think you realized the brokenness of the 2nd effect. Tribute 5 monsters to SPECIAL summon. Scapegoat anyone? Not a tribute summon. :tongue: I was gonna make it 4, but that was TOO Broken

anyways, these will be my criteria...

Gravekeeper cards! My favorite deck-type! Does not need to have a "Necrovalley" effect, simply have "Gravekeeper" in the name, and make it work well with the other gravekeepers.

edit: not gravekeeper monsters. Actually, any card that would work with the GK decktype.

Kenny_C.002
05-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Great! The only gravekeeper card I know of is the servant. XD

Anywho, I'll chip in then:

Gravekeeper's Influence
Field Spell
Whenever any player declares an attack that player must either discard a card or remove the top 2 cards of his or her deck from the game.
Rare

Uhhhh.....I don't know whether the GK deck actually goes off on an offense or anything, but assuming you don't, this is what I got. lol Ah well, it looks to be pretty interesting as a card anyway.

Manjoume Jun
05-03-2005, 03:18 AM
Gravekeeper's Necromancer
Dark/Spellcaster/4/1200/1500
When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, you can select 1 card from your opponent's Graveyard and remove it from play. This card's effect is unaffected by "Necrovalley".

Jet
05-03-2005, 04:57 AM
Special Summon o_O

*looks at card again*

oh damn... oh well, scapegoat can easily be countered anyway... better read more carefully... but still, kenny's still stronger by just being a 2500 for 6 with super searcher abilities.

besides, osse can be book of mooned, reverting back to his original atk, imagine if your opponent activates ring on osse, and has barrel behind the door... ooooo XD mirror force, snatch steal, compulsory, nuff said =P

Dan: Hey... that's the name of one of my monsters in a set I'm making... bah... here's an alternative, and kenny, look at the crit again, the last part XD

Here's the entry:

Gravekeeper’s Overseer
Earth/Spellcaster/*******
1550 ATK / 2700 DEF
Effect: As long as you control 1 other face-up monster with “Gravekeeper” in its name, negate any effects of spell cards and effect monsters that specifically designates this card as a target and destroy it. Discard 1 non-monster card from your hand to select 1 face-up monster on the field and decrease its ATK and DEF by 500. If "Necrovalley" is in on your side of the field, if the selected monster's ATK and/or DEF is reduced to 0 this way, destroy the selected monster.

Rulings:
- His 2nd effect targets
- If his 1st effect is active, Overseer can destroy itself by targeting itself though I don't know why a person will do that =/
- Equipping Big Bang Shot to him is very pointless and dumb, unless you have dimension fusion or something

hah, can't be searched... good thing he's level 7 =P

Kenny_C.002
05-05-2005, 03:13 AM
Jet, I didn't break any criterias or anything...? He did specify that it doesn't have to be a monster. wtf is necrovalley anyway?

Jet
05-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Err, yeah, it doesn't have to be a monster, but the effect has to have "Necrovalley" or "if you control another monster with 'Gravekeeper' in its name" or something like that... Necrovalley is a cheap-@$$ card that really locks down almost everything that involves or activates in the graveyard; check it out urself

Incongruity
05-05-2005, 07:14 PM
hmmmmmmm...... Alright.

Kenny, while its a nice card, the heart of the usual GK deck (As opposed to the GK burn deck) is Necrovalley. So... another field spell would just clog things up, especially one far inferior to Necrovalley. Overall, though, it is a great card. Not too overpowered either

Manjyome, this too is a decent card, but its stats and its effect are inferior to GK Spy, so that just puts it alongside GK vassal, watcher, and all those bad ones. It's also a level 4 which puts it down a few notches. I understand you don't want to make an overpowered card, but this one is not one that many would use (especially considering how with Necrovalley, you don't really need to remove opponent's cards, as they're useless anyways when in graveyard)

Jet, now this is a pretty good card. It certainly wouldn't be a staple for the GK deck, but atleast half of the players would use at least one. The only bad thing is how hard it is to get it out, and how useless it is in certain situations. Luckily there's GK Chief and Rite of Spirit, even without a Spy/tomato.

so yeah, Jet wins.

Manjoume Jun
05-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Hmm... being interesting didn't work... and being realistic didn't work... ah well, my next card will just have to be stupid and broken-as-hell, :P

Kenny_C.002
05-06-2005, 04:51 AM
Uhhh...yeah I actually don't know what necrovalley is, so I was at an inherent disadvantage. XD

it's your floor, Jet. ;)

Jet
05-06-2005, 10:32 AM
er, you could've searched it on the internet XD

anyway, yeah, good thing I made it 1550, it would be kind of broken ig it was 1500 =P

anyway, next... since there's a "make a Gravekeeper inspired" card... and more challenging

Criteria: Create E-Hero MONSTER cards!
Notes:
- you have to create 3 cards, 2 E-Hero non-fusion monsters and 1 E-Hero fusion monster of the 2 E-Heroes that you just made
- the 2 E-Hero non-fusion monsters don't have to be an effect monster, but the fusion monster better be worth it.
- the E-Hero fusion monster CANNOT have the same abilities of the Fusion monsters, and it MUST have the ability: "This monster can only be summoned by fusion summon."

an entry of mine, but of course its not included in judging, just an example

E-Hero Shinobi
Water/Warrior/****
1800 ATK / 1400 DEF
Effect: If this card attacks a face-up Defense Position monster, you may pay 700 LP to destroy the monster with this card’s effect without applying damage calculation.

E-Hero Executioner
Dark/Warrior/****
2000 ATK / 1500 DEF
Effect: This card cannot attack the same turn it was summoned.

E-Hero Blade Assassin
Dark/Warrior/******
2450 ATK / 1700 DEF
Fusion: E-Hero Shinobi + E-Hero Executioner
Effect: This monster can only be summoned by fusion summon. Whenever this card destroys a monster through battle and sends it to the graveyard, your opponent randomly discards a card from his/her hand unless he/she pays 500 LP. Whenever this monster successfully makes a direct attack to your opponent's Life Points, you may remove 1 monster from your opponent’s graveyard from play. If you don’t, at end of turn, increase the ATK of this card by 200.

Kenny_C.002
05-07-2005, 04:18 AM
E-Hero Bladeslaver
Dark/Beast Warrior/4
When E-Hero Bladeslaver is summoned, flip summoned or special summoned, search your deck for an equip spell card and put it into play equipped to E-Hero Bladeslaver. You can use this ability only if there is a slot in your magic and trap zone.
600/1550

E-Hero Salvationist
Light/Warrior/6
You may discard 2 cards to remove a monster on the field from the game.
2200/1550

E-Hero Salvationslaver
Dark/Fiend/10
[E-Hero Bladeslaver] + [E-Hero Salvationist]
This monster can only be summoned by fusion summon.
Whenever E-Hero Salvationslaver deals damage to an opponent, you may tribute it and pay 4000LP. If you do, take control of that player's next turn. (You make all decisions for that player, and see that player's hand, etc. You cannot force them to concede this way)
2800/1550

THE THIEF STRIKES AGAIN! :O Or not...depending on how you see things (Yes, 4000LP is very little as a cost, for the effect basically just won you the game). Then again, the chances of this guy actually coming out is fairly low to begin with...Ah well, it's an attempt to make this as unbroken as possible anyway. lol

Manjoume Jun
05-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Elemental Hero - Heavenly Lady
Light/Fairy/3/1300/700
Tribute 1 monster on your side of the field to increase your Life Points by 300 points.

Elemental Hero - Underworld Man
Dark/Fiend/4/2150/1650
During each of your Standby Phases, decrease your Life Points by 100 points for each monster in your Graveyard.

Elemental Hero - Afterlife
Dark/Fairy/7/2600/2350
Fusion: "Elemental Hero - Heavenly Lady" + "Elemental Hero - Underworld Man"
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. Once during each of your turns, you can select and activate one of the following effects:
- Send Spell or Trap Cards on your side of the field to the Graveyard to increase your Life Points by 600 points per card.
- Increase the ATK of this monster by 50 points for each monster in your Graveyard until the end of this turn.

Jet
05-10-2005, 07:01 AM
2 entries only? aaw

E-Hero Bladeslaver
Dark/Beast Warrior/4
When E-Hero Bladeslaver is summoned, flip summoned or special summoned, search your deck for an equip spell card and put it into play equipped to E-Hero Bladeslaver. You can use this ability only if there is a slot in your magic and trap zone.
600/1550

E-Hero Salvationist
Light/Warrior/6
You may discard 2 cards to remove a monster on the field from the game.
2200/1550

E-Hero Salvationslaver
Dark/Fiend/10
[E-Hero Bladeslaver] + [E-Hero Salvationist]
This monster can only be summoned by fusion summon.
Whenever E-Hero Salvationslaver deals damage to an opponent, you may tribute it and pay 4000LP. If you do, take control of that player's next turn. (You make all decisions for that player, and see that player's hand, etc. You cannot force them to concede this way)
2800/1550

1st of all... ALL E-Heroes are Warriors; all E-Heroes that Yuki uses are warriors... so oh well, I didn't clarify those in the criteria, so meh.

bladeslaver - good enough to be a common
salvationist - guess its ok, though Sinister Serpent and Night Assailant combo is deadly
Salvationslaver - okay... nice name =P Mindslaver creature... well, guess 4000 LP is kinda ok... but the deal damage??? it could've been a direct attack, but it's fusion summon, so hmm...

Elemental Hero - Heavenly Lady
Light/Fairy/3/1300/700
Tribute 1 monster on your side of the field to increase your Life Points by 300 points.

Elemental Hero - Underworld Man
Dark/Fiend/4/2150/1650
During each of your Standby Phases, decrease your Life Points by 100 points for each monster in your Graveyard.

Elemental Hero - Afterlife
Dark/Fairy/7/2600/2350
Fusion: "Elemental Hero - Heavenly Lady" + "Elemental Hero - Underworld Man"
This monster cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. Once during each of your turns, you can select and activate one of the following effects:
- Send Spell or Trap Cards on your side of the field to the Graveyard to increase your Life Points by 600 points per card.
- Increase the ATK of this monster by 50 points for each monster in your Graveyard until the end of this turn.

heavenly lady - Hysteric Fairy powered down; good enough
underworld man - 2150 ATK, 4 stars... -100 LP for each monster in the graveyard isn't that much of a big deal, I mean, the most you can lose with this is usually 500 only, or none at all... still broken because of its 2150 atk / 4 stars

Afterlife - now this is balanced... kinda. powered down emergency provisions and Deal with the Phantom (if anyone else remembers that old common trap) powered down, in 1 monster... good enough

real hard to judge, Kenny's Mindslaver-like effect (which controls the opponent's next turn) is very unique for ygo, and 4000 LP is hefty. Though Dan's emergency/phantom power with a 2600 mon is nice too... actually, it can be considered a 2700 already, seeing that you use the fusion monsters, and they're in the graveyard... gah, very hard.

can't decide, both are good >_<, it's a tie; dan's brokenness on the underworld man is covered up by Afterlife... kenny's salvationslave is nice... Gah

1st one to post between you 2 will be the judge, there... =P

Manjoume Jun
05-10-2005, 06:06 PM
Aces, I get to be your next judge, so listen up, because this one's gonna' require some thought.

Dan's challenge:
I wish for you to create a new set of Union Monsters. I'm looking for some original ways to include the Union mechanic in the effect of a card. Here are some rules and regulations:

- Be realistic, obviously, no broken cards, :P

- I'm looking for 2 monsters as a minumum, with the maximum merely being 3.

- Just Monster Cards, nothing else, no innovative Union Traps or whatever, lol.

- You may follow suit of the XYZ monsters and have 1 Normal Monster, with the other two being Effect Monsters, or you can be like Vampire Orchis and have a set of Effects, whichever you prefer.

---

You've got 72 hours to work on this one, and the best set of Union Monsters will allow their master to be the judge for the next round.

Toodle pipski, ^_^

Jet
05-11-2005, 02:59 AM
Lol, kk then...

Pewter Armor
Earth / Rock / ****
1500 ATK / 2000 DEF
This card cannot attack the same turn that it was summoned or has been equipped. Once per turn during your Main Phase, if you control this monster on the field, you can equip it to your "Granite Stand" on your side of the field as an Equip Spell Card, OR unequip the Union Equipment and Special Summon this card in face-up attack position. When equipped to a monster by this card's effect, that monster's DEF is increased by 1000 points, its ATK is decreased by 1000 points, and negate any effects of effect monsters and trap cards that specifically designate the equipped monster as a target. (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the monster that this card is equipped to is destroyed, this card is destroyed instead.)

Granite Stand
Earth / Rock / ****
2000 ATK / 1500 DEF
This card cannot attack the same turn it was summoned or has been equipped. Once per turn during your Main Phase, if you control this monster on the field, you can equip it to your "Pewter Armor" on your side of the field as an Equip Spell Card, OR unequip the Union Equipment and Special Summon this card in face-up attack position. When equipped to a monster by this card's effect, that monster's ATK is increased by 1000 points, its DEF is decreased by 1000 points, and negate any effects of effect monsters and spell cards that specifically designate the equipped monster as a target. (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the monster that this card is equipped to is destroyed, this card is destroyed instead.)

Ruling: This card cannot attack the same turn it was summoned or has been equipped. - If you equip it, it can't attack on that same turn.

2500 ATK is kinda big for a 4 stars, but remember, it can't attack the same turn, so that gives your opponent a small amount of time to destroy it =P

Kenny_C.002
05-11-2005, 04:48 AM
Severed Executioner
Dark/Fiend/3
Once per turn during your Main Phase, if you control this monster on the field, you can equip it to your “Enlightened Executioner” as an Equip Spell-Card OR change it back to a monster in face-up Attack Position. When equipped to a monster by this card’s effect, that monster gets "Whenever this creature destroys a monster, remove that monster from the game instead." (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the monster that this card is equipped to is destroyed, this card is destroyed instead.)
1600/0

Enlightened Executioner
Light/Fiend/4
Once per turn during your Main Phase, if you control this monster on the field, you can equip it to your “Severed Executioner” as an Equip Spell-Card OR change it back to a monster in face-up Attack Position. When equipped to a monster by this card’s effect, that monster's ATK increases by 300 and gets "Gain life equal to the amount of ATK of a monster destroyed by this card." (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time. If the monster that this card is equipped to is destroyed, this card is destroyed instead.)
1800/0

Manjoume Jun
05-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Jet: Not being able to attack for a turn won't get around how powerful these guys are. Pewter Armor equipped with Granite Stand has an insane amount of ATK, AND it's immune to targeting effect monsters and Spells. A one-turn wait doesn't balance this out, especially with things such as Swords of Revealing Light and Vengeful Bog Spirit. The flip-side of the Union isn't so bad, but Granite Stand isn't gonna' attack with only 1000 ATK points, so the fact that it can't attack straight away is pointless. This just gives us a 2500 DEF monster that pwns Big Shield Gardna in terms of defensive capabilities. Your monsters are good, but they're a little over-powered.

Kenny: Severed Executioner's Union effect seems reasonable enough, my only concern is that when it's equipped with Enlightened Executioner, you've got a level 3, 1900 ATK monster, which is just begging to be abused with Gravity Bind/Level Limit - Area B. Still, the LP restoration effect is alright, as 1900 ATK points isn't going to destroy too much without help.

Winner for this round: Kenny, you're up next, sorry Jet, ^_^;;

Alakazam
05-14-2005, 03:44 PM
...is it too late to submit an entry?

Witch-King of Angmar, the Black Captain
Effect Monster
[Dark/Fiend/8-2600/1700]
Effect: You may remove 3 fiend-type monsters from your graveyard to special summon this monster from your hand.

Fell Wyrm of Mordor
Effect Monster
[Dark/Dragon-Union/4-1100/900]
Effect: Once per turn during your Main Phase, if you control this monster on the field, you can equip it to a [Witch-King of Angmar, the Black Captain] as an Equipment Magic Card OR change it back to a monster in face-up Attack Position. When this monster is equipped, whenever [Witch-King of Angmar, the Black Captain] destroys an effect monster, negate its effect and draw a card.

Kenny_C.002
05-15-2005, 03:43 AM
w00t, I won for a change. XD

Now I was thinking wacky/weird or something along those lines, so I'd like to leave this pretty open while being pretty narrow at the same time...and I failed:

Make a....
"card that activates upon monsters going into the graveyard"

Notice that this does not care if you make a trap/continuous magic/continuous trap/monster/etc., just that the condition is the above.

Jet
05-15-2005, 07:28 AM
lol, err Brian, yeah it is..

yeah, mine's kinda powerful =P

anyway, my entry:

Des Disloyalty

Counter Trap

You can only activate this card if a monster is sent from the field to the graveyard and if you and your opponent have available spaces in each of your monster zones. If your opponent owns that monster that has just been sent to the graveyard, pay 700 LP to Special Summon that monster on your side of the field in face-up ATK position. If you own that monster, Special Summon it on your opponent's side of the field in face-up ATK position.

Manjoume Jun
05-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Funeral Ceremony
Continuous Trap Card
Pay 500 Life Points when a monster is sent to the Graveyard to remove that monster from play. Both you and your opponent can use this effect as long as this card remains face-up on the field.

---

The wording used for the first part of this card's effect means that the monster can be sent from anywhere to the Graveyard, in the same way that Makyura the Destructor's effect can activate when it's sent to the Graveyard either:

- as a result of battle
- as a result of a card effect
- from your hand
- from your Deck

If you want any further rulings, just lemme' know, ^_^

Kenny_C.002
05-20-2005, 03:45 AM
Des Disloyalty:

From what I think I'm seeing, you either pay 700LP to gain control of an opponent's dying monster, or have your opponent gain control of your dying monster (okay so they're already dead...).

It's a decent concept, however it is pretty powerful at counter trap speed, meaning it can potentially be a monster reborn at times. Most certainly this card is more along the lines of premature burial (which is very powerful in its own right), and well the counter trap speed makes this stronger than it IMO.

So this card seems to be in the balance between brokenness and just plain powerful...

Funeral Ceremony:

Generally speaking this card seems to have absolutely no uses without having to build a deck around it. The card itself is not broken and is quite narrow in terms of power and may struggle to find itself outside of the shoebox, since for some reason YGO hates combo decks for the most part from what I recall. So although I like this card, it may be vastly underpowered.

Verdict:

Technically speaking both cards aren't really feeling all that great. Jet's got his over the top and nearing brokenness, while Dan's is missing something that would make the card a decent play outside of the dreaded shoebox. But in terms of taking account of how much I'm satisfied with either card...they're pretty close.

Winner however goes to Dan this time since I went with underpowered is better than overpowered...

Manjoume Jun
05-25-2005, 04:07 AM
Heh, w00t, me again, niftyness.

Also, I'm glad to see that PE2k is alive again, it's been a while, now I can finally restore my AIM Buddy List to its former glory.

Anyways, with The Lost Millennium on our doorsteps, I thought it'd be great to celebrate this fact by basing the next challenge on one of my new favourite cards, Ancient Gear Golem.

Dan's challenge #2:
I wish for you to create 1 Monster Card which can make some new and inventive use of the "Trample" concept.

This could include either the card itself being able to use this ability in some shape or form, or it could have the ability to pass this on to other monsters.

There's a catch though... in the spirit of the big metal guy, this monster card CANNOT BE SPECIAL SUMMONED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, so you can feel free to push the limits slightly in terms of power.

Again, try to be realistic, and everything will go by just swimmingly.

---

I'll be back in 72 hours time to see what you've all come up with, until then, adios.

^_^

Kenny_C.002
05-25-2005, 04:27 AM
Tramplers! XD

Madrage Hunter
6/Earth/Beast
This monster cannot be special summoned
If this monster has attacked this turn, all other monsters you control get "Whenever this monster destroys a moster in defense mode, deal damage to the defending player equal to the difference between this monster's ATK and the destroyed monster's DEF".
2500/1500

Limits pushed. Touche! XD

Jet
05-26-2005, 01:37 AM
meh

Des Scythe
Dark/Machine/******
2500 ATK/0 DEF
This monster can't be Special Summoned. Whenever this monster is placed in DEF position, immediately destroy this monster. Whenever this monster destroys a monster in face-up defense position, inflict damage to the defending player equal to the difference between this monster's ATK and the destroyed monster's DEF. Whenever this monster attacks a monster in face-down defense position, immediately destroy it with this monster's effect, without battle damage.

Manjoume Jun
05-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Heh, sorry I'm late... 2 days late in fact... but nevertheless, cruch time!

Kenny: Madrage Hunter has been kept at the limit for a level 5-6 monster's ATK power, which is good, although the effect is bordering on insane, even with the Special Summoning condition. Still, there aren't gonna' be a lot of opportunities for that to be abused, as Sheep Tokens are hardly gonna' take advantage of it, lol.

Jet: The Special Summoning requirement was to allow for a little more power, yet Des Scythe seems quite fragile. It can be easily destroyed, and the effect is rather basic. It IS nice that you've used a combination of both the Trample effect and the "Face-down Monster Maiming" effect, so that makes up for the fact that it is rather easy to destroy. The ATK power is good though.

Hmm... I think Jet gets this one... his Des Scythe may be rather underpowered, but in some circumstances, Kenny's could be insanely abused, perhaps in a Warrior deck, where powerful swarming is VERY easy.

So Jet, you're up, ^_^

Jet
05-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Heh, actually, Des Scythe was originally a union monster to equip to a "Des Reaper" to increase the ATK by 1000 and can't be the target of effects of monsters. And an additional effect, if both monsters manage to make a direct attack on the opponent and deals damage, you win the duel =P and yeah, that and the trample/maim effect too XD

anyway next criteria:

http://www.dota-allstars.info/dota-heroes-list.htm

go to that site, pick a hero from the list. Make a monster card based from it. I might automatically declare the winner if someone gets to pick the hero that we people here nicknamed "Talangka", because of it's the father of all backstabbers in that game, dealing major damage in 1 blow... well, that was kinda a spoiler =P oh, and don't bother on the Darchrow link; it's messed up. go go go =P

Kenny_C.002
05-31-2005, 04:33 AM
Great, we got Warcraft 3 now (And who plays the original Dota anyway? XD). I'll just pick randomly then. ;)

And the whole backstabbing thing keeps telling me it's someone based on Arthas...

Mortred, The Phantom Assassin (because the Warden rocks XD)
4/Dark/Warrior
Whenever Mortred, The Phantom Assassin attacks a monster, half that monster's ATK (rounded up) and add that much ATK to Mortred, The Phantom Assassin.
500/1550

Have fun with that, since it's pretty hard to actually do well with her being attacked the next turn and all. XD

Manjoume Jun
05-31-2005, 05:12 AM
Phantom Lancer - Azwraith
Earth/Beast-Warrior/3/0/2000
Select 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field, and then send 1 Equip Spell Card equipped to this card to the Graveyard. The selected monster cannot attack during your opponent's next turn. Whenever this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, Special Summon 1 "After Image Token" (EARTH/Beast-Warrior/3/0/2000) to your side of the field in Defense Position. The Battle Position of an "After Image Token" cannot be switched.

Jet
06-03-2005, 12:55 PM
meh

Mortred, The Phantom Assassin (because the Warden rocks XD)
4/Dark/Warrior
Whenever Mortred, The Phantom Assassin attacks a monster, half that monster's ATK (rounded up) and add that much ATK to Mortred, The Phantom Assassin.
500/1550

erm, what does the ability have to do with the ability of the "real" phantom assassin? If it's supposed to be the Coup De Gras ultimate, well.. kind of, biut you really don't weaken the enemy =P but overall, still playable

Phantom Lancer - Azwraith
Earth/Beast-Warrior/3/0/2000
Select 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field, and then send 1 Equip Spell Card equipped to this card to the Graveyard. The selected monster cannot attack during your opponent's next turn. Whenever this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, Special Summon 1 "After Image Token" (EARTH/Beast-Warrior/3/0/2000) to your side of the field in Defense Position. The Battle Position of an "After Image Token" cannot be switched.

hmm, tricky to use, but y equip spell? oh well, hard to use, but very abusable with cannon soldier/mass driver/etc etc... little problem with the ATK though, it could've been 100 =P

winner, Kenny. Jun's card is very nice, but hard to use, seeing that you have to have an equip spell equipped to azwraith, which you might be using it for his attack.

Oh, and no, Talangka has nothing to do with Arthas, it's supposedly Nerubian Assassin... check his ultimate, then his skills... yeah... cheap... but I use it =P

meh, something...

Nerubian Assassin <his name changes time to time somehow o_O>
Dark/Insect
2400 ATK / 2000 DEF
Remove up to 3 cards in your graveyard from the game to Special Summon this monster from either your graveyard or hand. Increase the ATK of this card by 200 for each card removed this way. If this monster is Special Summoned this way, at end of turn, return it back to where it was originally before you Special Summoned it. This ability is considered at spell speed 2.

Kenny, ur turn =P

Kenny_C.002
06-04-2005, 02:41 AM
Yeah. I'm too lazy...so something for Project YGO, something with the reversal mechanic theme. :)