PDA

View Full Version : Hail Team V1.0

Tortured_Soul
03-20-2008, 05:47 AM
Can be locked please.

Spongebob Number One Fan
03-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Tyranitar shreds this team in two and eliminates hail. I mean, Weezing can't really do...anything to it besides WoW but it will be dead before it can do that. Metagross also hurts a ton, and doesn't fear Weezing either. Gallade and Medicham are annoying little buggers too, and physical Infernape has potential to hurt you a ton as well. Dugtrio also has potential to KO 4 of your pokemon. really, if Aboma just gets massacred by Stone Edge and it obviously is no pal to Blissey either. Tenta dies quickly and Jirachi is 2HKOed, and after taking a bit of damage (around 30%) it turns into a OHKO.

Also, that Blissey set is downright terrible. I don't know whose brilliabnt idea it was to use three attack moves on Blissey. you'd think you'd at least have Aromatherapy in there considering this team simply cannot take status whatsoever.

Also I don't really see the point of having Abomasnow. I know it starts hail, but this team takes Sandstorm just as well (actually better) so I don't even see the point, and Hippo and Tar both are better than Aboma. It just...makes no sense, sorry.

As for Jirachi, I don't really see what 8 Atk EVs are going to be KOing that Jir without those EVs wouldn't be. However, the Evs for this team in general don't really make sense to me. Mamoswine and Aboma...those spreads are just not really so good. I wish I could recommend better, but I'm not THE Mamo or Aboma authority.

Watch out for special attackers that can beat Blissey, as all of them will run your team into the ground. Heatran (MS) is an example of that, though it isn't anything to lose sleep over. Mixed electivire, as average as it may be, will 6-0 this team pretty easily.

Basically, I cannot begin to tell you how much you need to replace that oversized lawnmower for something that...you know...actually helps this team.

Tortured_Soul
03-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Ummm, Abomasnow outspeeds and OHKO's Tyranitar with Grass Knot. Seriously, Mamoswine running Speed EV's with Curse is lol, which would be your only argument. Abomasnow outspeeds and kills many things not expecting it, and what it doesn't outspeed allows it to set up a sub.

"Watch out for Special Attackers that can beat Blissey" That is pure...lol. Blissey is a special wall. THE BEST IN THE GAME. If a Special Attacker can beat Blissey 1 on 1 with Blissey having access to Softboiled, Knight the damn thing. Aromatherapy could probably be an option, over Ice Beam I think. (I thought it was already there X_X)

Infernape doesn't do jack. Tenta switches in on it and OHKO's with Surf. Metagross should fear Weezing, Earthquake cannot touch it, and the only way to really do damage is Explosion, which means problem solved. You are basically giving me the run down on all Fighting able pokemon, which isn't helping any on a Hail team...

If Dugtrio cannot KO at least 1 pokemon per game, then the user is an idiot. Seriously, Dugtrio is a Revenge Killer. Mamoswine OHKO's with Ice Shard.

Please, next time you comment, learn everything before you critisize others.

~T_S

Itachi_2007
03-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Ummm, Abomasnow outspeeds and OHKO's Tyranitar with Grass Knot. Seriously, Mamoswine running Speed EV's with Curse is lol, which would be your only argument. Abomasnow outspeeds and kills many things not expecting it, and what it doesn't outspeed allows it to set up a sub.

"Watch out for Special Attackers that can beat Blissey" That is pure...lol. Blissey is a special wall. THE BEST IN THE GAME. If a Special Attacker can beat Blissey 1 on 1 with Blissey having access to Softboiled, Knight the damn thing. Aromatherapy could probably be an option, over Ice Beam I think. (I thought it was already there X_X)

Infernape doesn't do jack. Tenta switches in on it and OHKO's with Surf. Metagross should fear Weezing, Earthquake cannot touch it, and the only way to really do damage is Explosion, which means problem solved. You are basically giving me the run down on all Fighting able pokemon, which isn't helping any on a Hail team...

If Dugtrio cannot KO at least 1 pokemon per game, then the user is an idiot. Seriously, Dugtrio is a Revenge Killer. Mamoswine OHKO's with Ice Shard.

Please, next time you comment, learn everything before you critisize others.

~T_S

Trust me, that is something you don't want to say to Spongebob. :tongue: Also, physical ape carries T-Punch, which does 85.05% - 100.00% Damage to Tentacruel with no Defense IV's. Hot Wheels, beat that. :P F-Punch from Jirachi does 25.91% - 30.56% with no Attack IV's and 8 Attack EVS to a Metagross with 31 DEF and HP EVs and no Effort Points in those status. Your Abomasnow does 2.05% - 2.35% Damage to a Tyranitar with 216 Special Defense EVS and 31 HP and Special Defense. 216 Special Defense actually works well, btw. Edit: So how is Spongebob wrong, now? :P

Leman
03-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Trust me, that is something you don't want to say to Spongebob. :tongue: Also, physical ape carries T-Punch, which does 85.05% - 100.00% Damage to Tentacruel with no Defense IV's. Hot Wheels, beat that. :P F-Punch from Jirachi does 25.91% - 30.56% with no Attack IV's and 8 Attack EVS to a Metagross with 31 DEF and HP EVs and no Effort Points in those status. Your Abomasnow does 2.05% - 2.35% Damage to a Tyranitar with 216 Special Defense EVS and 31 HP and Special Defense. 216 Special Defense actually works well, btw. Edit: So how is Spongebob wrong, now? :P

Physical Napes usually have Flare Blitz/Close Combat/Swords Dance/Stone Edge. CB usually runs U-Turn in that last spot.

Grass Knot from Abama does 43.4% average to Tyranitar w/ Grass Knot. =/ Idk where you're getting 2.05%-2.35%. =/

The only problem I have with this team is that only two Pokemon really benefit from Hail. =/ You should at least have four mons.

Itachi_2007
03-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Physical Napes usually have Flare Blitz/Close Combat/Swords Dance/Stone Edge. CB usually runs U-Turn in that last spot.

Grass Knot from Abama does 43.4% average to Tyranitar w/ Grass Knot. =/ Idk where you're getting 2.05%-2.35%. =/

The only problem I have with this team is that only two Pokemon really benefit from Hail. =/ You should at least have four mons.

Metalkid's Calculator, probably just did the calcs wrong. :/ Still is the best Damage and IV Calculator by far. Edit: Average means normal, I said 216 Special Defense EVs, you just didn't read through my post is the answer to the bolded statement. Seriously, you should at least read through somebody's post to fully understand what they're trying to say. Just because I don't know much about competitive doesn't mean you shouldn't read through my post. :/

Tortured_Soul
03-23-2008, 04:22 AM

Trust me, that is something I do want to say...

Sub-Punching on T-Tar is fun. Even with Timid it is still a definate 2HKO, possibly 1HKO. Physical Ape runs SD/Flare Blitz/Stone Edge/Close Combat. CB runs U-Turn or T-Punch. If it's CB, and it does KO Tenta, then I have no Problem in switching Mamo in to get a free Curse. May I ask why the hell a Tyranitar has 216 Sp. Def EV's? If it has that many Sp. Def EV's, it's not going to be much of a threat in any other situation now is it? You've made a completely new set to back up your argument.

nvm now, I don't need to keep this up anyway.

~T_S