PDA

View Full Version : Idea -Should I Create?-

Nevermore Wolf
03-24-2008, 05:09 AM
I had the idea of creating a Roleplay based upon the His Dark Mateials series by Phillip Pullman.

Do you think people would join this? Have enough people read the books?

Opinions please.

(Might put plot up later.)

~X~
Alex

Bryce
03-24-2008, 05:11 AM
OHH MY EFFING GEE!

I friggen love those books.... Probably my favorite series ever!

They are pretty popular around here & I would absolutely LOVE to see an RP made for them here....

I will definitely join if you decide to create one. <333 (Which you had better if you don't want a fork in your eye. xD)

Nevermore Wolf
03-24-2008, 05:19 AM
I probably will, but it might be a while. I've only just finished The Golden Compass.

Maybe a bit after I read some of The Subtle Knife.

~X~
Alex

Bryce
03-24-2008, 05:25 AM
I probably will, but it might be a while. I've only just finished The Golden Compass.

~X~
Alex

Baha. You are in for a treat.... The books only get better and better as the series progresses, yet more complicated as well. >_>

I am somewhat sad to hear that it will be a while.... You really peaked my interest once more & I was looking forward to it starting soon. ;______; (Perhaps I might start one of my own. xD, but seeing as my schedule is like totally filled up, the chances of that happening are like slim to none. :o)

Well, I just wanted to let you know that I was interested. PM me when you decided to post the plot or sign-ups, etc. Thanks. =]

Nevermore Wolf
03-24-2008, 05:34 AM
Baha. You are in for a treat.... The books only get better and better as the series progresses, yet more complicated as well. >_>

I am somewhat sad to hear that it will be a while.... You really peaked my interest once more & I was looking forward to it starting soon. ;______; (Perhaps I might start one of my own. xD, but seeing as my schedule is like totally filled up, the chances of that happening are like slim to none. :o)

Well, I just wanted to let you know that I was interested. PM me when you decided to post the plot or sign-ups, etc. Thanks. =]

Just to let you know, though, I I do create one, it's either going to take place years after or before the actual series. It's more likely to be before though.

I don't think I could pull something off in the middle of the series. That would be in the Subtle Knife, and I'm not there yet.

That's the reason. Don't worry, I read The Golden Compass in a week, so it shouldn't take me that long.

~X~
Alex

Starkipraggy
03-25-2008, 02:13 AM
The problem would really be a lack of a plot, I guess. All the possibilities are closed. I don't see how you can really continue with the plot. X_X

And when you die, you stay dead...

And I'm not giving specific examples because it would spoiler the crap out of people.

Bryce
03-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Nobody said that the RP would have to follow Lyra's & Will's story....

It could be totally different & there are thousands of possibilities, what with the witches and bears and whatnot....

Also, the concept of death could be twisted around a lot in a RP like this...

^_^

Nevermore Wolf
04-03-2008, 12:10 AM
Alright, since my parents utterly refuse to buy me The Subtle Knife, I think I'll just place it in our world and start it as soon as possible, but it won't go into the other worlds quite yet. Maybe the sequel will.

~X~
Tazi

Lord Fedora
04-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Alright, since my parents utterly refuse to buy me The Subtle Knife, I think I'll just place it in our world and start it as soon as possible, but it won't go into the other worlds quite yet. Maybe the sequel will.

~X~
Tazi
Coolio. I love His Dark Materials (though I've only read up to about halfway through the third one), and this is a pretty awesome idea.

Bryce
04-03-2008, 12:43 AM

~X~
Tazi

Haha. Is it because of that whole "Contradicting Christianity" thing? :P

I got mine off ebay for dirt cheap. <3

Can't wait for you to get the sign-ups up..... But if it was set in our world, there wouldn't be daemons. (well, not ones that we could see anyways.) xP

Nevermore Wolf
04-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Haha. Is it because of that whole "Contradicting Christianity" thing? :P

I got mine off ebay for dirt cheap. <3

Can't wait for you to get the sign-ups up..... But if it was set in our world, there wouldn't be daemons. (well, not ones that we could see anyways.) xP

Yes, I believe it is. I might be able to buy it off my friend from school, but I doubt it.

Well, our world as in England/Russia/Paris/America/Australia ect. (I might even add the aspect of playing as armored bears or witches if you all get lucky.)

~X~
Tazi

Starkipraggy
04-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Yes, I believe it is. I might be able to buy it off my friend from school, but I doubt it.

Well, our world as in England/Russia/Paris/America/Australia ect. (I might even add the aspect of playing as armored bears or witches if you all get lucky.)

~X~
Tazi
Butbutbutbutbut...DAEMONS. Half the fun of the books come from daemons. And all the other races. RAWR.

Frozen_in_Time
04-03-2008, 07:30 AM

~X~
Alex

The golden compass is pretty popular...

Nevermore Wolf
04-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Butbutbutbutbut...DAEMONS. Half the fun of the books come from daemons. And all the other races. RAWR.

I meant setting it in the same world as in The Golden Compass

Not in the other worlds, that's all.

~X~
Tazi

Nevermore Wolf
04-05-2008, 01:40 AM
Double poast baad! *Slaps self*

But I need plot help. I've got everything else.

Appreciated!

~X~
Tazi

Tyler Birch
04-21-2008, 06:00 PM
yeah you should definitely make this rp