PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the BL/UU...RMT PLEASE

nsv17
04-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Hi all, I am creating a new team consisting of BL/UU Pokemon. I like to have teams with Pokemon that are slightly offbeat using more “challenging” natures that don’t play to their obvious strengths, but work with other strengths.
Mostly what I am looking for is move set ideas, hold item ideas and EV suggestions. But any help will be much appreciated!

Ludicolo (Quiet) @?
Ability: Rain Dish
1.Rain Dance
2.Leech Seed
3.Toxic
4.Energy Ball

Froslass (Modest) @?
Ability: Snow Cloak
1.Hail?
2.Ice Beam
3.Spikes
4.Shadow Ball

Ampharos (Bold/Calm) @?
Ability: Static
1.Thunderbolt / Discharge (not sure)
2.Thunderwave
3.Power Gem / Focus Blast
4.Light Screen?

Butterfree (Jolly/Timid) @?
Ability: Compound Eyes
1.Sleep Powder
2.U-Turn
3.Whirlwind ?
4.??

Mawile (? Suggestions?) @?
Ability: Intimidate
1.Swords Dance
2.Iron Defense?
3.Baton Pass
4.Iron Head?

Politoed (? Suggestions?) @?
Ability: Damp (I think this is the more practical one, but maybe Water Absorb)
1.Hypnosis
2.Waterfall
3.Endeavour ?
4.??

* Please note that the order I have placed the Pokemon in is not the way I would send them out. Thanks Everyone

Stubby Boardman
04-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi all, I am creating a new team consisting of BL/UU Pokemon. I like to have teams with Pokemon that are slightly offbeat using more “challenging” natures that don’t play to their obvious strengths, but work with other strengths.
Mostly what I am looking for is move set ideas, hold item ideas and EV suggestions. But any help will be much appreciated!

Ludicolo (modest) @leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
1.Rain Dance
2.Leech Seed
3.Toxic
4.Energy Ball

Froslass (Modest) @?
Ability: Snow Cloak
1.Hail?
2.Ice Beam
3.ominous wind
4.Shadow Ball

Ampharos (Bold) @?
Ability: Static
1.Thunderbolt
2.Thunderwave
3.Focus Blast
4.Light Screen?

Butterfree (Timid) @?
Ability: Compound Eyes
1.Sleep Powder/Roost
2.Silver Wind
3.Whirlwind
4.Psychic/Shadowball/Energyball

Mawile (adament/impish) @?
Ability: Intimidate
1.Swords Dance
2.Iron Defense?
3.Baton Pass
4.Iron Head?

Politoed (adament/jolly/impish) @leftovers
Ability: Damp
1.Hypnosis
2.Waterfall
3.brick break
4.earhtquake/protect

* Please note that the order I have placed the Pokemon in is not the way I would send them out. Thanks Everyone

Ok my changes are in bold. That should help a little bit.

Leman
04-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Omfg, BL/UU IS NOT A METAGAME! YOU CANNOT HAVE BL/UU TEAMS! IT'S OU OR UU! >_> How many times do people have to post that? =/

You're gonna either have to drop Ludicolo, or its an OU team. I'd drop Ludi for some other Bulky Grass. Meganium seems to fit.

Lead with Mawile. Intimidate is the only thing it has going for it. Run Specs on Frosslass w/Ice Beam/Thunder Bolt/Shadow Ball/ HP Fight.

Butterfree wants double powder. Sleep Powder/U-Turn/Toxic OR Stun Spore/Filler.

Run Salac/Belly Drum on Politoed.

Amphy wants a support set.

nsv17
04-04-2008, 05:22 AM
Ok my changes are in bold. That should help a little bit.

Great those are some interesting suggestionsQ thanks for your imput!

Omfg, BL/UU IS NOT A METAGAME! YOU CANNOT HAVE BL/UU TEAMS! IT'S OU OR UU! >_> How many times do people have to post that? =/
You're gonna either have to drop Ludicolo, or its an OU team. I'd drop Ludi for some other Bulky Grass. Meganium seems to fit.
Lead with Mawile. Intimidate is the only thing it has going for it. Run Specs on Frosslass w/Ice Beam/Thunder Bolt/Shadow Ball/ HP Fight.

Not to be offensive, but according to these forums all of my team is UU except for Ludicolo which is BL - to which i'm not quite understanding this whole "only UU or OU" thing; because the evidence speaks for itself. So i'm sorry if that annoys you...
But on a lighter note, i do appreciate the sugestions u made about how to run it and what sort of items etc to use; the politoed idea is particualrly helpful!

Leman
04-04-2008, 04:12 PM

Not to be offensive, but according to these forums all of my team is UU except for Ludicolo which is BL - to which i'm not quite understanding this whole "only UU or OU" thing; because the evidence speaks for itself. So i'm sorry if that annoys you...
But on a lighter note, i do appreciate the sugestions u made about how to run it and what sort of items etc to use; the politoed idea is particualrly helpful!

Basically I'm saying that when you play against other people you cannot play with BL mons. BL isn't a tier. its a middle ground. It's imbalanced and therefore its not a metagame. You're either gonna be up against Salamence/Blissey/Skarmory/Weaville/Gengar/Starmie team, because if you Ludicolo, its automatically an OU team. You won't be going up against BLs and UUs, simply because that isn't a tier.

Cybernetic Ghost
04-05-2008, 01:15 AM

Hes saying by playing a BL in your UU team, your team is in the same bracket as OU. OU/BL are one bracket, because BL are pokemon that ARN'T OU, but are too strong for an UU metagame.

TacoMan
04-05-2008, 01:19 AM

I know uu,bl is not a metagame but people play it alot.

nsv17
04-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Ahhh, now i get whatu guys mean, thanks for the clear up!

Leman
04-05-2008, 02:03 AM
I know uu,bl is not a metagame but people play it alot.

Well, they are wrong, and shouldn't. =/