PDA

View Full Version : Incompleet team help -newbie-

Dragoniss
04-07-2008, 11:48 PM
yes I am a newbie here. If anyone could help me finish this team I came up with I would really like it.

1. Skymory @ item ???
nature: ???
Ability: ???
EV: ???
-Spikes/toxic spikes
-Stealth rock
-Roar/whirlwind
-move 4
I always will start out the battle with this pokemon. Start out with spickes/toxic spikes and stealth rock combo. Then will go in for a physical attack or use roar/whirlwind to switch out pokemon for damage.

2. Toxicroak @ Item ???
Nature: ???
EV: ???
-Poison jab
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-move 4

3. Swampert @ thinking choice band???
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Torrent
EV: Atk: 250, Spd: 250
-Icebeam
-Muddy water
-Earthquake
-move 4
My main physical sweeper to take out all those salamances and tyranitars/hippotowdans that are showing up. Also earthquake to get rid of thunders and fires.

4. Infernape @ Item ??? or blazikin @ Item ???
Nature : ??? Nature: ???
Ability: ??? Ability: ???
EVís: ??? EVís: ???
-Overheat -Overheat
-Close combat -Brave bird
-move 3 -focous blast
-move 4 -move 4

5. Septile @ ???
Nature: ???
EVís: ???
-Dragon pulse
-Gigga drain
-move 3
-move 4

6 Salamance @ ???
EVís:
- dragon claw
- draco meteor
- earthquake
-fire blast

Stubby Boardman
04-08-2008, 03:37 AM
yes I am a newbie here. If anyone could help me finish this team I came up with I would really like it.

1. Skymory @ item leftovers
nature: impish
EV: 252 hp/dfe
-Spikes/toxic spikes
-Stealth rock/roost
-Roar/whirlwind
-drill peak
I always will start out the battle with this pokemon. Start out with spickes/toxic spikes and stealth rock combo. Then will go in for a physical attack or use roar/whirlwind to switch out pokemon for damage.

2. Toxicroak @ Item damp rock
Nature: adament/jolly
Ability: dry skin
EV: 252 atk/spd
-Poison jab
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-rain dance

3. Swampert @ thinking choice band???
Ability: Torrent
EV: Atk: 250, Spd: 250
-avalanche
-waterfall
-Earthquake
-Brick Break
My main physical sweeper to take out all those salamances and tyranitars/hippotowdans that are showing up. Also earthquake to get rid of thunders and fires.

4. Infernape @ Item life orb
Nature: naive
Ability: blaze
EVís: ???
-Overheat
-Close combat
-move 3
-move 4

5. Sceptile @ ???
Nature: modest/timid
Ability: overgrow
EVís: spatk and spd
-Dragon pulse
-Gigga drain
-move 3
-move 4

6 Salamance @ ???
Nature: naive/mild
Ability: intimidate
EVís: 252 spd 128spatk and atk
- dragon claw
- draco meteor
- earthquake
- fire blast

changes in bold. I'll finish later.

edit: Toxicroak w/damp rock, rain dance, and dry skin makes it for Toxicgroak can heal when raining and water attacks but negative side is that toxicroak gets hurt if it is sunny and is weak to fire types. Salamence you may want to change the evs but since you are running a mixed salamence you'd need to go with a mild or naive nature otherwise if you can't get one of those natures stick with physical attacks.

again sorry but I'll finish later.

Mitsuzo-kun
04-08-2008, 01:41 PM
changes in bold. I'll finish later.You know, giving advice is greatly appreciated and helpful, but not explaining why you changed it and how it'd be better just confuses them even more and isn't too great. ;3

Skarmory needs Roost. It also needs Brave Bird/Drill Peck. Therefor, you'll need to sacrifice either Spikes or Stealth Rock. You can always give Stealth Rock to Swampert instead. And the EVs for Swampert aren't divisible by 4. =/

If you want a special set for Sceptile, run Grass Knot/Dragon Pulse/Hidden Power Fire/Leaf Storm with Choice Specs. Or Hidden Power Ice and Focus Blast instead of Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power Fire.

Dragoniss
04-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks for all the help. I will keep the movesets in mind. I realy like the salamance that djax came up with, but i'm open for more ideas.

Stubby Boardman
04-08-2008, 08:28 PM
You know, giving advice is greatly appreciated and helpful, but not explaining why you changed it and how it'd be better just confuses them even more and isn't too great. ;3

Skarmory needs Roost. It also needs Brave Bird/Drill Peck. Therefor, you'll need to sacrifice either Spikes or Stealth Rock. You can always give Stealth Rock to Swampert instead. And the EVs for Swampert aren't divisible by 4. =/

If you want a special set for Sceptile, run Grass Knot/Dragon Pulse/Hidden Power Fire/Leaf Storm with Choice Specs. Or Hidden Power Ice and Focus Blast instead of Dragon Pulse and Hidden Power Fire.

I said I'd finish it later. I had something else I had to do so I just posted what I had finished at the time ok.

In other news I'll be editing my first post.

Mitsuzo-kun
04-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I said I'd finish it later. I had something else I had to do so I just posted what I had finished at the time ok.

In other news I'll be editing my first post.It's better to rate less of their team and explain why you changed it than rate more and them not understand.

On another note, Rain Dance on Toxicroak really hinders your Infernape's Overheat attack, and Salamence's Fire Blast. I wouldn't use it if I were you. Weather isn't very good unless around half of the team benefits from it. Toxic isn't much good on Toxicroak either, since he's pretty frail. I'd go for a Swords Dance set. Swords Dance/Cross Chop/Stone Edge/Sucker Punch. Earthquake can go in the last place. No Poison Jab there because of its poor coverage.

Itachi_2007
04-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Skarmory @ Shed Shell / Leftovers ** Metalbirdy
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes
- Roar / Whirlwind. SR and Toxic Spikes is ew on Skarm.

Your current moveset on Swampert is good for this moveset by someone on Pokecommunity:

Swampert @ Choice Band ** S0, 1 herd joo liek me?
Trait: Torrent
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
Adamant Nature
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Punch
~ Stone Edge / Hammer Arm /Focus Punch
~ Waterfall / Hammer Arm / Focus Punch. Credit goes to Dark Azelf. Long names depend on if you're utilizing Shoddy Battle (http://shoddybattle.com/) or not.