PDA

View Full Version : .:DarkSalamence's Fakemon Gallery:.

Dark Salamence
04-12-2008, 07:59 AM
This is my Fakemon gallery. Every now and then I'll update it with new pokemon. Here are the Fakemon:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/RayquazaRuler/lamee.png

The first pokemon is Lamee. It's a normal type renowned for it's cuteness. I used Mareep as a base for this.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/RayquazaRuler/fulffox.png

The next is Fluffox. It's a normal type which is found at the start of the game. I used Vulpix as a base for this Pokemon.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/RayquazaRuler/droplumyay.png

The next pokemon is Droplum. It's a water type starter.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/RayquazaRuler/pearillsprite.png

Lastly, so far, is Pearill, a water type. I didn't do the back sprite because I couldn't get it right.

Comments would be appreciated. ^^

~DS

Isaac8296
04-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Nice Fakemon^^ I Envy You LOL

Dark Salamence
04-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks, lol I get alot of Fakemon ideas. ^^

~DS

PapaLuLu27
04-12-2008, 08:10 AM
I love the concepts! The icon Sprites though, they look a little stuffy with shape and shading. The Back Sprites and Fronts, they're good, I'd like to see these Scratched. That'l look heaps awesome!

Dark Salamence
04-12-2008, 08:14 AM
I love the concepts! The icon Sprites though, they look a little stuffy with shape and shading. The Back Sprites and Fronts, they're good, I'd like to see these Scratched. That'l look heaps awesome!

Thanks! The icons do look a little bit weird... THe Fluffox looks like it's evil. I might try scratching them. ^^

~DS

PapaLuLu27
04-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Fluffox eyes also look wierd. Try, instead of flipping them, re doing them. Re-doing them at a different angle will make it look better, since right now, the body is fcing the Top Right, whilst the eyes are looking you. Same goes for the tails and the head.

Dark Salamence
04-12-2008, 10:21 PM
I'll probably add another Fakemon soon. :D

~DS

Graceful_Suicune
04-12-2008, 10:57 PM
I like the idea, but Fluffox's overworld sprite looks badly done. (no offence!) I have never done overworld Pokemon sprites, but I'm sure they're hard. Lamee's head outline isn't that visible. Fluffox doesn't look as realistic as it could have been, and your back sprites need to look like they're on an angle, rather than looking like another side of them. I hope you take these comments well and keep it up ^^

Dark Salamence
04-12-2008, 11:08 PM
I like the idea, but Fluffox's overworld sprite looks badly done. (no offence!) I have never done overworld Pokemon sprites, but I'm sure they're hard. Lamee's head outline isn't that visible. Fluffox doesn't look as realistic as it could have been, and your back sprites need to look like they're on an angle, rather than looking like another side of them. I hope you take these comments well and keep it up ^^

Thanks, yeah, the icons are kind of hard to do. I'll improve with keeping them on an angle. ^^

EDIT: Two new pokemon are done.

~DS

The Harris
04-13-2008, 05:01 PM
the problem with them are there too good for pokemon, too realistic shading, u need make them worse xD

Dark Salamence
04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
That's weird, I always thought I had to improve on my shading. XD

~DS

PapaLuLu27
04-14-2008, 04:23 AM
Ignore The Harris To be honest I think the Shading on the Fakemon that you didn't have a base for needs improving. Like Pearill, which hardly has any dark shades....

Dark Salamence
04-14-2008, 06:17 AM
Ignore The Harris To be honest I think the Shading on the Fakemon that you didn't have a base for needs improving. Like Pearill, which hardly has any dark shades....

Droplum didn't have a base either... Do you have any tips for shading?

~DS

PapaLuLu27
04-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Dark Shadwes aren't always dithered. With your Fakemon's Darkest Shades, you only dithered it, and you didn't put too much either. Work on that for now. Take Charmeleon as your example. The darkest Shade is abundant, and isn't dithered too much. BTW, can I have permission to edit your Sprites Shading, It'l help me explain a lot more clearer.

Dark Salamence
04-14-2008, 06:54 AM
Sure, go on ahead!

~DS

Blaziken Knight
04-14-2008, 07:05 AM
lamee: needs work on the...horn? that blue thing..it looks a bit..messy...and the yellow bits on it need darker outline. shading could use some work

fluffox:shading looks good, need to work on outlines, and darken outlines for the yellow part, and it could use a redo or something like that

droplum: awesome!. love the design, pose, everything looks good, but on the icon it needs work on the head...like the pointy thing on the top. its really good!

Pearill: needs work on the darkest shade, it needs to be lighter, dithering is not needing up the top of it. the darkest shade is all wrong, need a bit of a darker outline darker then the last shade, it needs a lot of work. other then that its ok...

i think thats alot of C+CC comin from a pro-fakemon-spriter

if you want some help on making fakemon, pm me and ill send a tut.

PapaLuLu27
04-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Shading represents the locatioon of the sun, and it makes the Sprite look 3-D. That's Shading's purpose. You see, a standard Pokemon Sprite has the sun's rays come from the Top Left. As it is demonstrated here:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg320/PapaLuLu27/ShadingEdit.png
Your old shading has the lightest shade say the sun's coming from the Top Left, that's good, butb the problem is you make the Darkest shade say that the sun is at te BOTTOM left by putting your Darks too high. Also, it adds more realisticality to have shading in places like the armpit, and so on. Anything UNDER something also is DEark, for example if the head covers the neck, but you can still see the neck, it's dark.

Dark Salamence
04-14-2008, 07:56 AM
lamee: needs work on the...horn? that blue thing..it looks a bit..messy...and the yellow bits on it need darker outline. shading could use some work

fluffox:shading looks good, need to work on outlines, and darken outlines for the yellow part, and it could use a redo or something like that

droplum: awesome!. love the design, pose, everything looks good, but on the icon it needs work on the head...like the pointy thing on the top. its really good!

Pearill: needs work on the darkest shade, it needs to be lighter, dithering is not needing up the top of it. the darkest shade is all wrong, need a bit of a darker outline darker then the last shade, it needs a lot of work. other then that its ok...

i think thats alot of C+CC comin from a pro-fakemon-spriter

if you want some help on making fakemon, pm me and ill send a tut.

Could you? That would be really helpful.

Shading represents the locatioon of the sun, and it makes the Sprite look 3-D. That's Shading's purpose. You see, a standard Pokemon Sprite has the sun's rays come from the Top Left. As it is demonstrated here:
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg320/PapaLuLu27/ShadingEdit.png
Your old shading has the lightest shade say the sun's coming from the Top Left, that's good, butb the problem is you make the Darkest shade say that the sun is at te BOTTOM left by putting your Darks too high. Also, it adds more realisticality to have shading in places like the armpit, and so on. Anything UNDER something also is DEark, for example if the head covers the neck, but you can still see the neck, it's dark.

Thanks, it's just kind of hard to know where you shade.:oops:

~DS

Blaziken Knight
04-14-2008, 08:10 AM
sent the pm. hope you enjoy!.

first off. i'd suggest scratching a fakemon that looks 40-50% like angeli
then show me :). ill tell you how you did

PS. in the tut it says by Nitro, Nitro is my name so no worries :P

The Harris
04-14-2008, 03:37 PM

im saying the whispy realistic shades dont look like the pokemon sprites, its clear enough to see

Kroko_Boy
04-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Man, those scratches are cool! I wish I was at least HALF as good at you to scratch. But I suck.. xD Nice sprites :D