PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon moves (need answer desperatly)

The_Chief
04-18-2008, 09:22 PM
If you use give a pokémon a move that it doesn't naturally learn will it be less effective than a pokémon who naturally learns it ??? e.g.

Riachu learns Thunderbolt naturally
Jolteon does not

When I was in the Pokémon league I gave Dragonite Thunderbolt and Riachu had it aswell but Riachu was more effective... any answrs

Itachi_2007
04-18-2008, 09:28 PM
If you use give a pokémon a move that it doesn't naturally learn will it be less effective than a pokémon who naturally learns it ??? e.g.

Riachu learns Thunderbolt naturally
Jolteon does not

When I was in the Pokémon league I gave Dragonite Thunderbolt and Riachu had it aswell but Riachu was more effective... any answrs

So you mean one that learns it through level up? Be more specific and maybe I can help. But BOTH work perfectly well with Thunderbolt, it's just no without STAB in most cases, this isn't an exception. Dragonite is a physical sweeper, and Raichu has STAB. Or Same Type Attack Bonus. Last I checked it was a 1.5 boost. However, if you think this is not much, you're wrong. *Gets out a calculator* 95 * 1.5 = 142.5, according to my parents calculator. That seem like much to you? I think so. ~ Itachi 2008 ~

Seawolf
04-20-2008, 06:37 AM
Yes. Pokemon who use moves of their own type will get STAB, or Same Type Attack Bonus.

Answered, and locked.

*Done