PDA

View Full Version : The Dawn Stone - Collab Contest Entrey

Marth
04-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Author Code: Latios.

The Dawn Stone

Note to voter/grader person. The ~~~~~~~~~ means that the character’s point of view has switched. First it starts out as Shaun, but then it’ll switch over to Luna, and back again. If we split up, the author will go back to where they were last together.

Shaun

Science class had always been a favorite class of mine. Despite me liking all of my classes, and acing them all, I like science the most. It attracted me, and it sure was a fun class. I got to work with other people, do fun work, and I especially liked my science teacher. Mr. Namel was the best science teacher I’ve ever had. It was also my only class with Luna, who was just about the prettiest and smartest girl in my class. Well, according to me, Luna had been the best. Turning around a little to look at me right after seeing Luna was weird.

I wore my baseball cap, like always, which I had been in trouble for several times in class. Yet another reason I liked our science teacher is he allowed it, and I got to wear it over my messy, black hair, which once again, was a disaster after combing the tangled mess. The hat wasn’t the uniform, but I liked it. I also wore a nice, pair of denim school pants, which I despised all out of our uniform. I wore a nice matching blue polo, where in our school polo was required. My shoes were my regular sneakers, which were by now getting old.

I then looked at Luna once more. She had beautiful tan skin, and nice, long brown hair. It stretched down to her mid-back, where my pencil at the tip of my desk had been touching it. Unfortunately, our packed class had moved our seats so close, that I could nearly pull her hair if I wanted to. Luna was a little taller than me, like most people, and she also was a few months older. I could also see the little white of her girl’s uniform, which was a blouse that I hated. There also was a nice blue miniskirt. Its middle sized, but I hadn’t seen it. Like us boys, they chose their shoes.

I hadn’t heard a sound in that science class, until now and just remembered I was in it. Paying close attention once more, I heard an announcement of the science fair. After losing last year, I wanted another shot in it. I heard more of the news, and had been so pepped up about it; I wanted to try to make something. I wanted to do something big, and I couldn’t wait to start a project. I was finally given a chance to show my skill in science class; it made me so happy, I already started thinking of a project to make me excel in the science fair.

Of course, like always, there’s a catch. The catch killed everything for me. This catch made it worse. We had to be paired up with someone for this year’s fair, and I despised several people in my class. My choices for partners were Luna, my best friend Michael, or the genius of our class, Andy. I had been so confused with whom to choose, I wanted them all equally.

To my disappointment, I saw Andy walking to another kid’s desk, them chatting and agreeing. Looking at Michael, he had already paired up with Jackson. I had an idea about Bryce too, but he had been with Rocio, and I was sure I couldn’t break the two lovebirds apart. I looked for more opportunities, as I wanted Luna to be my last priority; it felt strange being with her. That would feel even stranger for being together for the whole science fair’s time. I just couldn’t do it. I needed more people to work with.

Ruben had been with Robert, and Daniel with Jess. I had run out of several ideas. Facing back, I saw another pair, Jack and May, and saw my chances less. Meg looked like she was deciding over three boys, and I know I hadn’t stand a chance against most of them. Raidon had been staring at a picture of Celebi, beside Joe, them being a pair, and also Mike with Chris. The end, no more people other than Luna, who I hope didn’t have a partner; I didn’t want to be left out. I took my chance, and then waited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luna

My pencil flew across the neat lined paper as I sat in science class. Was I listening to a word Mr. Namel was saying? No. Did I care? No. Was I gonna fail? Of course not! There was some scuffling of chairs around me but I wasn’t paying attention. This doodle was going to get me an= ‘A’ in the entire class, no matter what I missed to make it. Well, maybe doodle isn’t the right name. It’s more of a schematic, of this machine that I was going to make for extra credit. There were gear, and levers and buttons, and all sorts of random crap like that. I could explain it, but you probably wouldn’t get it. Hehehe…

I looked up, and stared around the class room. A general babble had broken out, and Mr. Namel was sitting on is nice little spindly chair behind that chair. I looked around the room blankly, wondering what was going on. Suddenly, I felt a sharp poke, in the middle of my shoulder blades .I stopped gazing around the room cluelessly and spun around. Behind me sat that red faced kid with messy black hair, and a red baseball cap. Shaun was his name.

“Wangabemtapatnugh,” he said, breathlessly.

“Huh?” I said blankly, raising and eyebrow.

Shaun shook his head violently, and took a deep breath. “Do you want to be my partner?”

I frowned and forced my eyebrows up even higher so they disappeared underneath my long black hair. “What the heck was he talking about?” I thought, “Were we partnering up for something?” My mind was racing, trying to figure out what he was talking about. I wasn’t listening to whatever Mr. Namel had been saying earlier, so I came up with nothing. So, I said, “For what?”

“The science fair,” he murmured softly. It made sense now, so I wasn’t so confused. My face lit up, like fireworks. I loved the science fair! It was that certain time of year where I was allowed to use class time to make one of my doodles in my Doodlebook (AKA my Notes Book) a reality and ace science in one full sweep. Shaun must have thought that my massive smile was yes, because he yelled, “Cool!” Unfortunately, for Shaun, I had already promised my best friend Yuki that I would partner up with her.

I frowned again, and said a little bit too coldly than I had meant, “I’m not partnering with you!”

I clasped my hands over my mouth, mortified. I hadn’t meant to blurt it out like that. He looked a lot more devastated than I though. His face sort of hung there, and it looked like he might have been holding back some tears. “Sorry,” I said quickly.

Before I could say something to make it better, the bell rang. Shaun flew out of the room so fast that I could have sworn he teleported. As picked up my Doodlebook, I noticed that he had left two books here. I didn’t look to see what they were; I just grabbed them, and rushed out of the room, hoping to catch Shaun, and return them.

I darted in and out of the tight-knit crowds of people, chatting about stupid things like who the cheerleaders were going out with. You know… stupid pointless gossip like that. Shaun’s locker was by the front of the school where the buses were. That was good. I could get there, give him the books, and get onto my bus.

As I ran, I heard Yuki call, “Hey Luna! Where are you going?” I didn’t respond. My long black hair just whipped past her. Well, I was in a rush. I’d apologize later; she’d understand…I hope.

Suddenly, I smashed into something, and flew backwards. I saw a red baseball cap fly over my head as I tumbled to the ground. I landed hard on my butt, and it hurt. A lot. I shook my head to clear it out, and blinked. I looked at who I bumped into. He was a long, black haired someone, who was just a bit shorter than sprawled out on the floor, Shaun. I smiled at him, and stood up. He took my hand when I offered it to him, and I hoisted him up.

I looked over my shoulder, and noticed that his cap and books was in the same spot. I grabbed them, and handed them to him. “You forgot this,” I said.

“Thanks,” he grunted. Shaun turned to leave. He still looked sad, and I still wanted to cheer him up. Suddenly an idea came to me. It was a simple idea, something that didn’t even require much thought. I’d explain this to Yuki later.

“Shaun! Hey, SHAUN!’ I yelled, jogging a bit to catch up with him. “Want to be my science fair partner?” I asked.

His face lit up, and he said, “Yeah, sure!” I smiled back at him.

“Great! See you mańana!” I replied, waving. Then I shot past him, down the corridor; I had a bus to catch.

~~~~~~

Marth
04-21-2008, 12:03 AM
Shaun

School ended a few minutes ago. I’m glad I didn’t have band practice; incase Luna wanted to do stuff during the time. I rushed through to my locker; and grabbed some of my books, returning some also. By then my backpack was heavy; but I kept fine. I couldn’t pay attention, though; I had a few things in my head.

For once, I had to return a Pokémon Game to my friend, and since he was an angry person, I had to rush. I didn’t forget about our project, but since I had no phone, Luna couldn’t contact me other than my computer. I ran to Fred, though he didn’t care much after I gave it to him a day late.

Fred was tall, and sort of popular. Well, he had fifty times as many friends as I did. He didn’t have the same grades as me, but he was a good friend. Even though I had accidentally left his game at home yesterday, the blond kid wasn’t even mad. Not at all.

I walked past, thinking of other things I had to do. I thought I had one, and alas, it came back to my head. It wasn’t much a worry, so I just left home.

“Want to be my science fair partner?” I kept it in my head, I was so happy. Looking down on my science book, I hugged it to myself, and kept ahead. But since I wasn’t looking, this could happen. It just so happened… it did.

BANG!

I hit my head really hard on a pole, and even worse, people were laughing. One person I didn’t like laughing, Luna. I saw her giggling with a friend, and I blushed, into a deep shade of red, embarrassment. I wanted to rewind my life for once, I hated myself. I continued on, though, instead of thinking of the quote, I looked ahead and didn’t think, but with the thought of Luna giggling at me. I got it out of my head, and when I reached home, two hours later, I jumped on my laptop.

“Oh hey, new IM up, a little early, though. It’s from Luna! Wow! ‘Hi, I saw you’re accident.’ Oh, she remembered,” I said, mumbling at the last sentence. I typed up something back to her, murmuring as I wrote, “I know. That was weird. So, what’s up?” I smiled, and just noticing, I added her screen name to my buddy list. The usual ‘ding’ was made, and I jumped up, another IM.

‘Oh, well, I wanted to inform you about our project. Meet me at my house, you should know address, at 5:00. We got to get some basics down by 8 or so.’ I agreed with a yes, and logged off. I waited until then, eating a banana and also crackers. I waited, giving myself a bunch of sodas and watching TV. I also kept thinking of Luna.

Yet again, I was double tasking also. I was thinking of Luna again, but not her, the project. We didn’t have basics, and since we were both good at it, I wondered what it would be. We had to be creative, I mean, this was a huge thing for me. I had to win, science was my good spot. I waited, and heard my alarm of 5 o’clock, and grabbed my bag, running out the door. My mom and dad didn’t even recognize me, they were too busy upstairs.

I ran to her house, and I got there in no time. After all, she only lives five blocks away. I walked past by slowly; as I wanted to make sure it was the right house. I grinned finding it, I was sure it was the right house; I just had a feeling a girl like Luna would live in it. I knocked on the door, waiting to get in, and she opened it. I was glad she was the one to open it, so there was no need to explain to her family members.

~~~~~~~
Luna

After about a minute, Yuki caught up to me in the hallway of school. She was a skinny Japanese girl, about my height, with long black hair streaked with pink highlights. Today her face was half hidden by a massive grin.

“You’ll never guess what hap-“she started to say, but there was a loud clang from behind us. We spun around, to see Shaun lying on the ground, his forehead bruised. He had walked into a pole. I couldn’t help chuckling, and walked on. I knew I should have probably helped him up, but I decided against it. Yuki would think I liked him or something like that (she always jumps to those conclusions).

We jogged down the hall, chatting about whatever was on Yuki’s mind. Something big had happened, and she was making me guess it. It wasn’t: a good grade, a new outfit, a family trip, some sort of special privilege, or a text message from her sister in China. I was all out of ideas as we stepped into the crowded bus onto the way home, out in front of school.

We sat down in the middle of the bus, like usual, and as usual Yuki sat on the isle seat. She got out first, so it was easier like this. The bus lurched from underneath us, and started on its way.

“I give up,” I told Yuki, “What’s so amazing?”

“Johnny Kilkin, from English asked me to be his science fair partner!” she said, half yelling, and jumping up and down in excitement.

“Ohmygod, that’s great!” I said, happy for her. We hugged, and then Yuki suddenly stopped hopping. She frowned.

“What about you?” she said quietly, “Whose gonna be your partner?”

“I’ll find someone,” I said vaguely. Again, I didn’t want to tell gossip hungry Yuki about that. She’d blow it out of proportions, faster than a Jolteon can run.

“Oh,” she said, but then changed the subject. “How’s Kirlia doing?”

Kirlia, was my tiny little Psychic Pokemon. Though she didn’t look like much, she pecked a punch. She looked like a little girl with a whit dress and face, and bright green hair.

“Fine,” I replied. “We started working on Thunderbolt today. It’s not going to great. She can’t really seem to produce electricity as well as her normal Psychic attacks, like Hypnosis and stuff. She can perform those perfectly. I think I know why though…”

I was off. I could blabber on and on about Kirlia, for hours, and that’s just what I did. We talked about her for about a half hour until we came to a halt by Yuki’s house.

“See you!” she said, hopping off the bus, and up her driveway. I opened the small window and waved to her as she walked over to her mail box. Yuki grabbed the mail, stuffed it into her huge brown shoulder-bag, and waved back, as the bus drove away. She never asked why I had ignored her earlier.

I flopped back down onto the hard brown bus seat. I had about twenty minutes of nothing to do. I grabbed the backpack at my feet, and tossed it onto Yuki’s empty seat. I had no homework to do, and I wasn’t allowed to let Kirlia out on the bus.

“Only Pokemon that are less then two feet tall are allowed on the bus,” Mr. Zagon, the bus driver had said. I sighed and stared out at the grey clouds that loomed threateningly overhead.

Suddenly, something hit my left shoulder. I looked down to find a small, wet white ball of paper sticking to my shoulder. Several people were laughing. I looked up to see the cheerleading squad standing up, with their light blue uniforms, and blue duffel bags. The leader, Chelsea was standing up, with a straw in her hand, sneering at me.

She was tall and pretty. She wore hundreds of pounds of make up, and had light blonde hair that fell past her mid back. She always wore her stupid skin tight uniform, and a small necklace of Pokeballs around her neck.

“Hey loser!” she called, “Why aren’t you coming with us? Oh right! You didn’t make the cut!”

The rest of them screeched with laughter, and left the bus. I stuck my tongue out at them, and returned to the window. We were at the Battle Stadium. Several boys and girls dressed in casual clothes stepped down, and headed inside the large building in front, followed by the cheerleaders.

I had tried out last week. Of course I didn’t make it. Even if I had, I’d have probably would have quit. They are all so mean sometimes. “Freaks,” I muttered to myself. Then I remembered Yuki. She was a cheerleader, too. She didn’t go today because of something or the other. I didn’t ask.

I glanced down at the spitball, and flicked it off my uniform. I hated the uniform. It was stupid, and ugly. Especially the blouse. It was so pooffy, that it was disgusting. So, when the large, nearly empty school bus finally arrived at my house, I quickly raced upstairs, dumped my backpack on my bed, and changed into a yellow T-shirt with a cute panda on it and a pair of white shorts. Yeah, not exactly what I should have been wearing when its about to rain, but I wasn’t gonna go outside.

I snatched my backpack from my bed, and sifted through it. Finally, in the mess of binders books and papers, I found the red and white sphere containing Kirlia. Then I grabbed my laptop from my desk, and went downstairs.

My house wasn’t small, but it wasn’t a mansion either. My mom and I lived here, by ourselves, so we didn’t need it to have five billion rooms. There were two bathrooms, two bedrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, and a living room. All the walls were all the same color, dark blue, and lined with scented flowers (Mom’s Stunky made it smell sometimes). All of the walls, except the ones in my room. Those walls were neon orange, my favorite color. Of course there were some scented things in there too.

I sat down on the large green couch in front of our TV, and plopped my feet up on the coffee table. I flicked through the channels. There was nothing worth watching on right now. Well, Heroes and American Idol wasn’t on, so I flipped it to Spongebob. It was the ‘Invisible Spray’ episode. Mom didn’t really like that show, but she wouldn’t be here until 8:30, so I could watch it.

Now, I needed company. I pushed the button on the small Pokeball next to me. With a great flash of light, the skinny and ghostly white figure of Kirlia appeared on the coffee table. She floated over to me as I flicked open my laptop.

As soon as I had opened it, AIM popped open. I noticed at once Yuki wasn’t on. ‘Asian Beauty4’ was on the top of the offline buddies list, with ‘Deoxys112’. That was Shaun. He had IMed me once, on my other screen name, but he quickly signed off later. I thought that was weird, but I saved the IM anyways. I double clicked the name, and then typed, “Hey. It’s Luna”.

I was hoping we could get some of our science fair project done. We only had about a week. At about 4:30, three fifteen minute Spongebob episodes later, I heard the familiar ping of AIM.

Shaun had written, “Hi”.

“Hi. I saw your accident,” I typed back.

Soon, new words appeared. “I know. That was weird. So, what’s up?”

“Why did I IM him?” I murmured to Kirlia.

The psychic Pokemon frowned. “Kirlia. Lia. Kir,” she replied quickly.

“Oh yeah,” I muttered and then I quickly typed back, “Oh, well, I wanted to inform you about our project. Meet me at my house, you should know address, at 5:00. We got to get some basics down by 8 or so.”

He replied with a quick “Yes” and signed off.

Kirlia and I chatted for a while, trying to think of ideas. We got…nothing.

At around 5:00 I got up, and turned off the TV. Spongebob and Patrick were just getting stupid. ‘Goofy Goobers?’ I mean there has to be something better than that. I walked into the kitchen, with Kirlia floating close behind. There were dishes in the silver sink, and Mom’s usual note on the fridge. I glanced at it and remembered something. “I get to make dinner today,” I said to Kirlia. Kirlia groaned. I was a terrible cook.

I grabbed a can of Sprite from the fridge, and closed it. The fridge was covered with random magnets. Some made noise, others held up important papers. There was a mirror hung up there, at my eyelevel (so about two thirds of the way up). I say my face, with my long black hair down. I frowned. It looked sort of odd. I grabbed one of the hair bands on the counter, and quickly put it up in a ponytail.

“That’s better,” I said smiling. Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

“Shaun’s here!” I said to Kirlia. She smiled, and followed me to the door.

~~~~~~

Shaun

“Oh, hi Shaun, you came! So, let’s get started, any ideas?” she smiled, talking also. She looked pretty, she was still in her uniform, so was I, and I grinned, while I took a seat next to her. I couldn’t bare but grin while looking at her. She repeated, “Any ideas, Shaun?” and I woke up. I opened my mouth, though I was in a loss for words, then I talked.

“No, I kind of wanted to create one together. I hope you didn’t come up with one, I easily disagree,” I said, a mouthful of words.

“I don’t have one either.”

It led to a silence. She looked as if she was thinking, but I wasn’t so I tried to make it look like I was. I faced her, looking curious and thoughtful, her doing the same. She jumped up, causing me to shive, and she spoke.

“I got it! We could make a… no, wait,” she replied, sitting back down, much more calm. She giggled, I followed in a manlier laugh, and she came back to the look as if she were thinking. I followed again, not looking like a dumb person. I jumped up this time, but she didn’t shiver. I spoke up, with my thought out of my head. I got it back in a flash, and spoke it.

“We could make a special item, but I need to know, that does something to Pokémon. I have a Pokémon we can test one. Sure, the idea is bare, but we could make a lot out of it? How about it, it seems fun!” I spoke, seeming loud, as it caused her sister or something to come out of her door. I waved, she did too, and then she walked off, back into the room she was at.

“That’s a good idea; we can make it better soon. How long can you stay? I can keep you here until 8 o’clock, and we have some stuff to do. A lot. So I think you should stay here for a while, to make this idea better. I’d like to do it, I mean, I would use it! Heh.”

I thought; I didn’t tell my parents about it, but they knew I like to stay away late. I’m sure they would allow it. “I could, I guess. But maybe until 7:30ish, because I need to get, er, dinner. Yeah, dinner, so let’s make this idea bigger. I came up with it, so it’s your turn. Play around with it for a little, I think there can be a lot of possibilities to this,” I said quickly, making my mouth dry.

“LUNA! LUNA!” said a voice, “I want the TV! Lalala, I’ll tell mom!” The voice was squeaky, and it made Luna looked annoyed. She was frustrated.

“Fine! Sorry Shaun, but I have a stupid brother. I guess we can finish this at school!” she said, as I walked out slowly, in case she had some more to say, “Oh, and I made up to my old partner, by the way. I’m sure she’s going to be fine. Yuki, I’m sure you know her!”

But I had left. I walked out the door; thinking about the item. I’ve been thinking a lot too much lately. “Where’s Pikachu! Oh no! I think I forgot feeding him. UGH! I have to run, but wait, maybe mom fed him.” I was scared, though. Pikachu might have not eaten the whole night. I walked past, a black silhouette, worrying about Pikachu.

The darkness disenabled me seeing my way through, and I had to squint to see everything. Pikachu must have been waiting, but mom was in her room the whole time. I hoped she noticed, because I was afraid for my little mouse. As I smelled the aroma around me, it smelled like mom’s special Pokéchow. I’m sure it was her, and it was my house, but I could barely see. I pressed on the wall a little, and I was sure it was my house then.

I entered; throwing myself onto the couch with Pikachu. He had been fed, and had been dancing. That was a sign he had eaten. The little Pokémon was bright yellow, looking like a mouse. Unlike other Pikachu, his tail had been straight. His ears and cheeks were the same as a normal Pikachu, the ears having black tips, though his was a light black. His cheeks had been the greatest shade of red, and he was adorable.

“So… what happened?” said Shaun’s mother; who had been fixing him a bowl of ramen noodles, “I was worried a little, little ChuChu here too.”

She swished her long black hair to her left side, showing both her left and right eyes this time. They were a nice shade of aqua, unlike Shaun’s. His green eyes seemed to come from his father. She was dressed in a dress moms wore in the house, with her slippers on. She had her glasses on, and had used them only rarely. Her smile was beautiful; and Shaun had seemed to catch it from his mother.

“Nothing, just at a… friend’s house. We had a science fair project; she’s my partner. Yeah, we got the basics down,” I replied, grabbing soda and chips from the pantry, “I’m going to go get on the computer right now. I have a report to do, I just remembered.” I left, going upstairs to my messy room, with ChuChu right behind me.

I got on my laptop, but didn’t bother until I head the ping. I flashed on the TV, with a cartoon on. It was the good black and white ones; which Pikachu loved. He jumped onto my computer chair, and pushed it [with much, much effort] to the TV. We shared the chips; though the soda isn’t good for Pokémon. I awaited a ping from, but it didn’t come. So I just logged into my email. No emails; though I thought I would get some notice for my website.
~~~~~~

Marth
04-21-2008, 12:04 AM
~~~~~~
Luna

Sammy, prince of evil was home (also known as my little brother), along with mom. Sammy was the annoying pipsqueak of the family. Small, loud, spoiled, and obnoxious, he waddled around the house yelling for food, and then sat down in front of the television to watch something stupid and boring on The Disney Channel. When he can’t do that, he’s on top of my head, annoying me to death. Fortunately he doesn’t come home until late.

Mom walked in, in her normal grey suit and skirt, with here black hair tied up in a bun. She had a brief case in one hand, and a plastic bag in the other. She grinned at me from behind her red specs.

“I’m home a bit early today!” she said happily, “and I brought dinner. How does lasagna sound?”

I grinned. “That sounds great mom,” I replied, sitting down at the table. Mom set down a plastic bowl, filled with the Itallian food in front of me, and sat across from me at the square dining table, eating her own bo. Sammy, however, (thankfully), sat on the couch, eating his own dinner, and Kirlia ate some Pokefood, with the other Pokemon, in the Pokeroom.

The Pokeroom was our room where all of the Pokemon that our family kept slept, and ate. There was a pool, some other toys and stuff, beds, and a automatic food dispensers and stuff. Of course, Kirlia rarely slept there. She didn’t really like sleeping with Sammy’s Marshtomp, or Mom’s Electabuzz. She didn’t mind the family Vaporeon, however.

All three of them had been out for the day, and about fifteen minutes ago they had all come home. I never really see them. Sometimes, Vaporeon will come wondering into my room, but that’s it. Honestly, I don’t really like the other two.

The lasagna was delicious. I don’t know where she got it, but I wolfed it down in about three minutes. “Mmmm,” I said, as I dropped the empty, yellow, plastic bowl in the sink “I have some homework to do, so I’ll go do that,” I said.

I turned, snatched my laptop from the coffee table and headed upstairs. When I reached my room, I closed the door and locked it, behind Kirlia. I needed to keep that brat out of here. There’s nothing worse than a bored Sammy in your bedroom. It won’t look mush like a bedroom when he’s done. More like a warehouse for gangsters or something filthy and despicable like that.

I hopped up on my bed; propped myself up on some pillows and opened up the laptop. AIM popped up on the left side as usual. Kirlia floated onto the bed beside me. She watched the computer as if it was a boring TV show. Neither Yuki, nor Shaun was on, and those were the two people I wanted to talk to the most. I thought back to Shaun’s idea for the project:

“We could make a special item, but I need to know, that does something to Pokémon,” he had said. I opened up google. “Something that does something good to Pokemon near Eterna City,” I muttered, typing the same words in the narrow box underneath the familiar Google logo. I clicked on the first link that popped up.

It was an advertisement for a local Pokemon store, useless. I clicked the green back arrow and returned to my search. The second one was completely blank. I groaned and went back. The third website was again completely useless. “The Lost City of Atlantis’s Staff of Ogreky” We couldn’t find Atlantis and the staff, and test it in a week. It was impossible. For about a half an hour I looked through the websites, and found a grand total of nothing.

Finally Kirlia go annoyed. “Kirlia, Kir!” she said slapping my hand away from the mouse pad. Using her mind, she guided the arrow to a link that read, ‘Light Stone of Mt. Coronet’ and clicked it.

It was the website for a nice online encyclopedia that was right 99% of the time. The site itself had the logo of the website on the top (an Alakazam emitting purple psychic waves that spelled out ‘Knowledge’), a small navigational bar with search engine on the left hand side, and a block of text in the middle.

I clicked the little blue bar at the bottom that red AIM. Neither Shaun, nor Yuki were on still. With nothing left to do I began to read, with Kirlia reading the same paragraph over my shoulder.

I had finished reading about an hour later. This Light Stone thing sounded amazing! It was in a deep cave, by Mount Coronet, had the power to make a Pokemon’s heart pure, and rid of evil! That was so cool. Maybe it’d work on people too! I had a long list people who were evil. It would make my life sooo much better. I

It was also guarded by a bunch of traps. No worries. Kirlia could handle those, without breaking a sweat. Hell, she could just teleport us there, and back. Our project would be done, and we’d surely win first prize! I had to tell Shaun.

I clicked the blue bar that read AIM again, and scanned the list of names. Yes, Deoxys112 was signed on! I clicked the name, and began to type everything I had just learned.

~~~~~~~~~

Shaun
I flashed off my TV, as the lineup of the night didn’t entertain me. Pikachu looked like he wasn’t amused too; as I caught him sleeping next to me. I pushed him to the chair, as he slept there most of the time, and the ping had startled Pikachu and me. I squinted and read what was Luna’s screen name, so I ran to the chair. I pushed Pikachu back to the bed, sitting on the chair.

Luna had typed what was a big block of text, and her cute, little font made it hard to read. It was about a Light Stone, which had made hearts pure and got rid of the evil of who had been taken of it. There was one, which sounded like the only one, which was in Mount Coronet. She was delighted; she though we could win if we had it. I read it twice more; and had replied to her. I could feel my father coming home; and he didn’t like me on the computer so late. I typed quickly back to her, words that read:

‘Sounds good, it could work. I’ll just need to know more about it. I’ll Google it or something, or just IM me the link. I’d be willing to go and take the challenges with Pikachu, and we can do it within a week, no problem. We could set up plans, tomorrow?’

I checked the little bar next to my stacked tabs of AIM, Myspace, Google, and Yahoo!, which noted the time. I just flashed at it, but I didn’t read the time. I didn’t care, so I checked on the IM for another ‘ping’ sound to come on. I heard my father downstairs on the TV, and he didn’t mind me when he was watching late night movies. At the time of Pikachu crouching beside me, the sound of a new IM came up.

I was caught in luck; Luna had to go to and she would meet up with me at school lunch tomorrow. She said she could push aside lunch with her friend, Yuki, who was the Asian giggling with her at school. I agreed; logged off as well, and brushed my teeth. By then I noticed the horrible pain of my braces, but with that, I fell asleep, my dad checking on me a second after.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

The next morning I got ready for school pretty fast. As my mom changed for work, (she dropped me off, then went to work) I logged back on to AIM, and then Google also. I Google’d the item Luna had told me about, and found the link I saw on my email. I clicked on it, read the whole thing fast, and logged off again. She was not on; might’ve been in school by now.

I shuffled through my bag, and since I had nothing to do, I listened to my iPod. I listened to a few songs before mom came over and got in the car. I carried my stuff I had usually in school, still listening to iTunes.

The ride to school had been pleasant. Though it was a chilly morning, and I couldn’t feel my hands, we took a different route and I got to see some cool new houses. It was full of flowers, which once again, was not pleasant to me, but indeed it smelled great. I saw friends passed by, but I didn’t bother waving at them. Luna wasn’t found there, but it was her house street.

I plopped out of our car, said bye to my mom, and ran to class. Though I wasn’t too late, I wasn’t that early also. I carried my trombone for band after school, and my little phone which accessed internet, in case Luna and I needed it. I spotted her, and shouted, “Hi!”

She came to me, waved to me, and replied, “Hi. What’s up?” Yuki was beside her; she smiled, and looked at Luna with a frustrated face.

“Hi, I’m Yuki. It’s Shaun, right?”

I nodded, and then Luna spoke up.

“So, we could meet in lunch. Yuki will be with her partner, so it’s fine. You go to band, so we can meet the same time as last night. Yuki and I are off to our home room, we’ll meet you soon.”

I nodded again; and took me and my trombone over to Social Studies. Despite my liking of Science more, I was still fine with the class. Our teacher was nice too, though he was a bad teacher. Nonetheless, I got an A- in the class and that’s all that mattered to me. I slumped over to my seat, next to Fred, who didn’t care much about me coming. Ryan, a good friend of mine, was beside me, and he grinned at me.
~~~~~~~

Luna

Homeroom passed as a blur of shapes, colors, and noise. I didn’t pay attention. If there was anything worth hearing I could just ask Yuki. Normally we didn’t get to here about too much. Before I could think twice it was second period. Yuki and I crossed the hallway and entered the room directly opposite homeroom for Foreign Language class.

I was taking Japanese one. I loved the class. It was fun interesting, and the language was so cool. Half the time we weren’t even learning Japanese; the teacher, Miss Ishikawa, had brought in some sort of set up and we took part in traditional Japanese cultural stuff, like last week she brought in about forty different, beautiful kimonos, for us to try on. It took the entire class period to get them on, so she let us wear them for the rest of the day. I thought it was cool, because I didn’t have to wear that ugly old blouse. At the end of the school year we would be having a Japanese Tea Ceremony, with authentic tea and Kimonos and stuff. It would take all day.

Unfortunately today was not one of those days. As soon as Yuki and I sat down, Miss Ishikawa announced that we were taking notes about the origin of Japanese characters. My mind quickly wandered to the large window, and I stared outside to the grey clouds that loomed overhead, threatening to douse our weekend.

I groaned, and glanced at the clock. It was 9:07. ‘This had to be almost over,’ I thought, and pulled out my Friday schedule. School ended early on Friday, so all our classes were shorter. It had the timing of each class and which class it was. I ran my eyes down it:

8:30- 9:00 Home Room
9:00-9:40 Period 1 ----- Foreign Language (Japanese)
9:40-10:20 Period 2 ----- English
10:20-11:00 Period 3 ----- History/Social Studies
11:00-11:40 Period 4 ----- Algebra
11:40-12:20 Period 5 ----- Pokemon Battling
12:20-12:50 Lunch
12:50-1:30 Period 6 ----- Biology
1:30 Dismissal

There it was; our brutal marathon of pre-lunch Fridays. Normally we only had three classes before lunch. English started in three minutes. I was in the back of the class today, so I could begin to put away my stuff. As Miss Ishikawa kept talking, I grabbed my stuff and began putting it back into my blue backpack. Yuki heard the soft noise that I made when moving my stuff, and followed suit. When the bell rang at precisely 9:40 we were the first out the door.

“Uggh, that was the most boring Japanese class EVER!” yelled Yuki as soon as we were out of earshot.

“I know,” I grumbled, walking towards the English.

“Let’s hope English isn’t that boring,” she mumbled.

I almost laughed. “English? Boring? Never!” I said sarcastically.

We both broke out laughing as we walked into room F451, the room where English class was held.

By the time the bell rang for the end of English. We were supposed to be reading from our Novel, ‘Animal Farm’ while Mr. Mayer surfed internet dating websites, not caring what the hell was going on with class, as long as it was dead silent. I was hunched over my desk, using the book as a pillow, sleeping. When the bell rang at 9:50, I yelled in shock and slipped off my desk, and fell on my overlarge butt.

“Ouch,” I said, slowly getting back up. Nobody who saw said anything. It happened everyday at the end of class to someone. Yuki waited as I packed everything away. We rushed over to History, saying nothing. We were a running a bit late because of my fall.

In history we watched a movie about the Romans. I didn’t pay attention. I did have too. Yuki and I played games like Hangman, our words getting stupider and stupider as time passed. Finally the bell for Algebra rang, and I heaved myself out of my seat, and back into the hall.

I waved good bye to Yuki as she turned left, heading over to the science labs and I turned right to get to the math classrooms.

“See you later!” she called as she headed down the hall.

“Bye!” I yelled back, though I don’t think that she heard me.

Algebra; it wasn’t as boring as English, but it would be a lot better if I had a friend like Yuki in the class. Today, we had a pop-quiz. Not that hard, or long. I took it and aced it with about twenty minutes left in class. As usual with quizzes and tests, I left early, and headed over to our school battle arena. It was on the other side of the school from my room. I was in no rush. My locker was on the way too.

I meandered down the halls, finally coming to locker 139, mine. I quickly spun in my combo of the lock, and pulled the door open. Inside lay three books on how to train you Pokemon, my science text book, and a oversized grey sweatshirt with our school logo. I grabbed everything, pulled the sweatshirt on and exchanged the books that were there with the ones in my backpack. The arena was outside, so that sweatshirt would be helpful. My poor knees would freeze though.

Five minutes later I arrived at the arena. A class was already in session under the dark grey clouds. What our entire arena was was a bunch of large rectangle, with different terrain depending on the battle. Stands were set up around each rectangle, for viewers to watch, which is where I was sitting in, my knees shivvering.

I was still a novice trainer; so I was set up to battle with kids with also only one Pokemon. Luckily they didn’t have powerful Pokemon like Salamence or Jolteon. Instead the probably had either a Gastly or Mawile, something lower, and weaker like that. The other, older kids who were in the most advanced classes battled with six huge, strong Pokemon each. They were the ones who went on competitions for our school.

The teachers were called coaches. I watched the coach who taught me, Coach, Hannibal lecture his students about the important of type match ups. He said that when battling something like Aggron don’t send out something like Weaville, but instead exploit its weaknesses and send out Heracross, who can capitalize on Aggron’s weaknesses. Of course I knew this; I just didn’t have a Weaville or a Heracross. I wanted to battle someone, but I suddenly remembered something. It was Friday, and Friday was the day that we took notes outside.

I sighed, and pulled my frozen knees under my sweatshirt. Suddenly the bell rang. People scrambled to finish up their battles so they wouldn’t be late to the next class. I didn’t move. I was in the right spot.

A small skinny person pulled in beside me, shivering madly. “I-I-I’m s-s-so c-cold!” stammered Yuki, loudly. She glanced up to the sky, “Make m-me warmer!” she said, as I laughed. Suddenly a jacket fell from behind Yuki into her lap. I spun around, smacking whoever was sitting next to me with my ponytail, as Yuki quickly put on the jacket. I apologized, and saw a large blonde kind sitting behind us, without a jacket, staring at Yuki. Seconds later she turned around too.

“Thanks,” she squeaked blushing.

The guy smiled. “No problemo,” he said joyfully, as we both turned around to face the coach. He gave the same lecture he had just given the previous class. Luckily, he didn’t make us take notes as my mind began to wander…again. I hadn’t paid to much attention to my classes that day. By the time the bell rang, the looming clouds had finally begun to give way. It began to drizzle.

Small water droplets as we all hurried straight into the cafeteria. It quickly escalated into a full rainstorm, and poured down on us. My black hair soaked as we entered underneath the overhang that covered some outdoor tables. I undid my ponytail, flipped it to the side and squeezed some of the water out. Yuki did the same. It was still no where near dry when I was done. Both of us quickly grabbed a small salad from the side, paid and headed inside.

It was packed inside the bright dining hall. The yellow walls and dirty floor were hardly visible, through the crowds of people. I began to look for the familiar red hat wearing figure amidst the masses. It wasn’t hard. The bright red cap stuck out like a sore thumb. He was sitting with his back to me, and by himself facing a rain splattered window. I sat down across from him. Yuki, however, wasn’t there. She had disappeared. I frowned. ‘Where did she go?’ I wondered.

“Hi!” said Shaun quickly.

“Hey,” I said, as I shoveled lettuce into my mouth. “So, I was thinking that we could go and get the stone tomorrow, and use the time right now, and after school to prepare.”

“That’s fine,” he said. He glanced out the window, and sighed. “I’m not gonna like walking through that,” he muttered. I turned around. The rain was coming down really hard. Then a boom of thunder shook the hall. I felt sorry for him.

~~~~~~~

Marth
04-21-2008, 12:05 AM
Shaun

First of all, Social Studies were lame this morning. We had a shorter class; but I didn’t care. Mr. Rocket had been such a swell teacher, though we had a substitute after he broke his leg. The usual kids who were so pepped up had been half asleep; and I had wanted to join. But I’m sure, like all teachers in our school, left a note of the good kids. I sure was there.

I didn’t care about time; I pretended to scribble some notes on the notebook I had. Though it was complete nonsense; the lesson was nonsense. I didn’t care much, because Mr. Rocket could make it so much more fun; and it didn’t even sound good. The accent of the sub killed it, he couldn’t even talk much English! I glanced at the clock; it better had been almost time to leave the bad class.

‘9:09’. One more minute until class had ended. Tick, tock, tick, the clock had been mocking me. Reach 9:10 already, please!

“So-a, that’s tha lesson! I-a will be here-a next week. Mr. Rocket-a will come back-a soon,” he said, and I wanted him to just shut up. I felt a bad side coming on; but I couldn’t care less. I pulled my books out of my desk and walked over to my next class.

I flashed a quick glance at Friday Classes. Science was the last period. Going on the second; I felt like I couldn’t wait. I just wanted to meet Luna and get the plans for this stone. I mumbled, “Battling is up next. Stupid lecturing, but who cares. I guess it’s not going to be too long.” I stepped ahead to the door outside into the arena, a big rectangular spot where we had done a class.

“Now, sit down, m’boy. Anybody seen Mariah? She’s late… though it’s not much different from the usual mornings.” The teacher frowned, “Passing by, any chance you saw her, Shaun, is it?” He looked questioned, though I spoke up.

“Shaun, yeah,” I replied quickly, “and no. I just walked out of Social Studies and here.”

The teacher frowned once more, which looked more depressed. “Fine, we’ll start without her. Now, usual Friday, we’ll talk about battling, not so much trying it out. So, take notes, this is important.” The teacher talked slow. About six or seven kids had been lying down on other people’s shoulders already. Just finish, this is such a boring class. It was a thought. Well, it was meant to be.

“So it is, Shaun? Looks like the quiet ones mean they hate the class. Fine, what are we talking about?” Talk about karma.

“Battling, of course, since this is Pokémon Battling Class,” I said, with lots of giggling girls and laughing jocks. I didn’t intend for it to cause laughter; though I didn’t care about it either. The teacher didn’t also; and he just ignored them.

“Smart alec,” he mumbled, continuing on. It was about to end; I checked someone’s watch. I waited for the bell; which was much too loud outside. The teacher had been directing his speech to the whole other side of the class, so he didn’t notice me. The bell rang; two or three people plus the teacher in awe, but I didn’t care; I ran to the next class.

Time for third period; which was Algebra, it wasn’t too far, so I walked there. I picked up E=MC2, Grade Nine. This had been our book, which I grabbed from my filled locker; and I dashed to class. “Here we are, Algebra. A class I’ll do something in.” But… as I walked in:

“Pop Quiz, class!” I smiled; I could do it in ease. “Review of what we did before; nothing too hard, please Chris, pass them.” He passed Chris, a slim kid with brown hair, a quiz which had about 20 questions, and had a review of the stuff we did. It looked too simple; and as I picked one up; I was right. I had figured out number 1, 2, and 3 before putting my name, and 4, 5, and 6 after that.

Someone had been frustrated as I wrote down 16 and 17. The kid next to me pestered me. “Psst. Shaun!” he mumbled, but I ignored him, “SHAUN!” It was much like a scream; but it had been whispered. I ignored him; finishing the test off with 20. I walked up, the kid mad at me, and I passed it to the teacher.

“Thanks Shaun. Go to the bathroom if you’d like,” our teacher had replied, getting a pen to grade, “We don’t have enough time, so actually, no bathroom break. We have three minutes. Three minutes, class!” she said, making the last sentence towards the whole class. I pushed myself down to my seat, and waited, the three minutes being a short time.

Looks like I wasn’t too fast with the test. People had been done; surprising; as I wasn’t that fast. The bell rung once more, signaling the end of class. I walked out; seeing Luna waving bye to Yuki. I nodded my head as if saying hi, and she waved.

Next up was cooking class. It was an optional class; yet I liked it. I grabbed my apron and chef hat from my locker, not wearing it yet, and a cookbook. This was a weird class; I didn’t like dressing up. I walked over to the class; which had been on the other side of the school. I pressed on the door; which had been closed. I wasn’t late, so I got next to my partner, Rachel.

“It’s omelets today. The instructions on page 57,” she said, being the helpful person she was. I nodded.

I pressed open the book I had; going to the told page. I first grabbed the ingredients, and got a special ingredient which the teacher expected all the time. She wanted them to make it an irregular, but spectacular special item. I pulled out a chocolate bar, and Rachel mumbled, “Nice.”

I smiled; then finished up the weird chocolate-omelet. The teacher took them before a minute of class ending, and he looked surprised at mine. He smelled it; and as he did, he smiled. “Good, creative! I’ll happily grade this one.” I smiled again, and walked out of the door. Next up: English! I wasn’t fascinated, but it was a good class, and it made much change to my grades.

I walked in the class, throwing off the apron, hat, and cookbook in my locker seconds before.

I read on the board that we had to read and answer questions. I flashed to the page; and read it. It had been a big, long speech about grammar, which was kind of easy for me. I looked at the questions after reading half; and I knew them all.

I threw in the answers on paper; though I was late, as this lesson was so simple. No one even had to read the long, nineteen page articles. I threw in my name and date, which I forgot. I passed it in short after a few of the other kids in our class, and went off as the bell rang. The kid who bothered me in Algebra had not been done; and I giggled inside on the way out.

Then it was time for lunch. I pulled out the money I had in my pocket, and went off. I didn’t bother buying lunch; I just found an empty table and sat down. Luna quickly found me, and began talking about the project. We were to go to get the cave tomorrow. When she was done, I glanced at the window behind me. I had to walk home, while it was raining and full of thunder. I whimpered a little; with Luna looking at me sadly.
~~~~~~~
Luna

“Aww, don’t worry,” I said smiling, trying to cheer him up. “I’m sure your mom’ll pick you up.”

“No, I don’t think she will,” he said. She doesn’t get home until late.

“Oh…” I said, “Well, my mom gets off early today. I can get her to get you if you want. You’ll have to wait till six o’ clock though.”

He sighed. “I guess that’d be better than walking,” he said sadly. He looked away from the window, and began speaking to my salad. “Do you know where it is?”

“Wha, the cafe thing?” I said through a mouthful of lettuce. I swallowed, and he nodded at me. “Yeah,” I replied. �= �It’s just down by the park, on the other side of the hill nobody ever goes too.”

“Are you sure it’s real?” he asked sounding a bit skeptical, but still talking to my salad.

“Yeah, it was on Britannica,” I said frowning.

“Oh,” he said.

The wet hair on my back was bugging me, even though I was wearing a sweatshirt. so I decided to grab one of the hundreds of hair bands in my locker to tie it up. I also needed to see where the heck Yuki had gone to. ”Well see you later!” I said to him, grabbing the last bits of the salad and tossing it into the trashcan. He merely nodded.

The halls were crowded as well. Not as packed as the cafeteria, but there were more people in here than normal. I hurried down towards my locker, with some difficulty. When I arrived there, to my surprise, there were three people already there, leaning right on my locker. I recognized the middle person instantly.

Clad in her usual light blue cheerleader uniform, and a sneer on her ugly face, stood Chelsea, chatting about something stupid. She spotted me coming over, and grinned. “Hey loser!” she called.

“That’s my locker,” I said, not paying any attention to that last comment. “You should move.”

“Oh,” she said, pretending to be surprised, “This is your locker? I had no idea!”

The other two girls giggled. “So can you move?”

“No, I don’t think I will,” she replied calmly.

“Get out of the way,” I said, ignoring her comment.

“No,” she repeated, her ugly grin widening. “But look at your hair! It looks like your wearing a dead Furret on your head!” she screeched. She leaned in closer. “Smells like one too,” she said. A small crowd had formed around us. Most of them laughed.

“MOVE!” I yelled at her. When she seemed unfazed, I did something that surprised even me. I spat at her. A slimy ball of spit flew out of my mouth, landed on her fat cheek.

Her light eyebrows narrowed, and she let out a soft hiss. “Oh no you didn’t,” she whispered maliciously. I stood my ground. She looked like she wanted to slap me. Of course she wouldn’t. It might break one of her nails.

She grabbed one of the Pokeballs off of her necklace, and tapped the button. It swelled to the size of a grapefruit. Snarling she tossed the ball in front. “Go Vespiquen!” she yelled. “Show this ***** how bad of a mistake that was.”

The ball exploded, sending out a blast of light. It cleared leaving a large yellow and black striped Pokemon in the hall. It was large, with a half dome shaped lower body. The bottom was shaped like a honeycomb. Her torso was small, and made of tiny little body parts. Sitting on top of that was a nasty little face, etched with loathing. The entire thing was held aloft by a pair of tiny wings, emitting a soft buzz as they flapped rapidly.

“Power Gem!” she screeched at the bug. Tiny bright diamonds appeared around the giant bug. They flew straight towards me at a breakneck speed.

A blast of white light flew straight up from behind me. It arced and landed in front of me, in the path of the floating stone. It disappeared suddenly, and in its place stood the figure of a small green haired girl. She swiped a hand in front of her face. The floating stone slammed into the invisible barrier that Kirlia had created. They exploded showering the crowd with tiny sparks of light.

Focusing her energy, Kirlia closed her eyes. Her hands glowed, as Vesipiquen’s power gym stopped. Suddenly, before Vespiquen could react, Kirlia thrust her hands forward unleashing a blast of electricity. The yellow lightning bolt zoomed towards the bug, and slammed into her, with a earsplitting explosion. The bug tumbled backwards, and landed on the floor; a black smoldering heap. Kirlia’s hands were smoking, but she stood her ground.

Chelsea growled, and ripped another ball off of her necklace, not bothering to attend to Vespiquen.

BAM! A door on the side flew open. A large, fat, balding man wearing a pair of brown trousers held up by suspenders walked in. His bald head was bright read, and steam was trickling out of his ears. His beady little eyes looked around, from me to Vespiquen, to the Pokeball in Chelsea’s hand, to the crowd. Immediately the crowd dispersed, and the man said, through clenched teeth, “My…office…now!”

We walked in through the door way, into a room. It was filled with filing cabinets, and one large desk, with a golden nameplate that read: “Prinicpal J. L. Finkleburg” That man wiggled himself behind the desk, and sat down. He pointed to two chairs black, leather that were up against the wall. Neither of us said anything, as we sat down.

Well, this sucked. None of the male teachers would do anything bad to Chelsea. I was deader than a Rhydon after a Surf attack. The only person who was favored anywhere near her was Shaun, but he can’t help. My track record was pretty self explanatory too. I was in this office a lot. At least three times a week, for various small misdemeanors, nothing major. The biggest was probably flooding the bathroom back in September.

“Well?” he said, slowly. “What reason do you have for battling outside my door?”

Instantly I launched into the story of the battle. Of course, I left out the part of me spitting at her. When I was done, Mr. Finkleburg leaned in and said, “I don’t believe you Miss Listia.” (Yes, Listia is my last name) Chelsea sneered.

At that moment the door flew open again, and a certain red hated figure walked in. “It’s not Luna’s fault!” He yelled, breathing heavily. “I saw the entire thing!”

Mr. Finkleburg raised an eyebrow. “Oh really,” he murmured, “You saw everything, eh?”

“Mhmm,” said Shaun.

“Then why,” continued the fat man from behind the desk, “did you have to run?”

“I was looking for you,” he said. “I assumed you were in the teachers lounge during lunch, so as soon as I saw Chelsea’s Vespiquen, I went the other way. You obviously weren’t there, so I came back here. ”

I grinned. The teacher’s lounge was far away from here. It was on the other side of school, in fact.

Mr. Finkleburg seemed to have an internal battle with himself. Which of his favorite students should he believe? Of course, Chelsea hadn’t uttered a word since we entered.

“Fine, he said finally, ”Listia, you may leave. Chelsea, you are banned from the cheerleading squad for the rest of the week.

I sighed, and left with Shaun. That wasn’t a punishment. Her game was to be rained out today anyways, and it was Friday. I frowned.

“Lucky break, *****,” she hissed as she passed out in the halls. She had already picked up the Vespiquen, and was going to her class. it had started, and the halls were empty. I went to my locker, grabbed my hair bands, and the stuff I needed for science.

Shaun waited for me. As soon as I got it, we walked down to science. “Nice save,” I said, giggling a bit.

“Thanks,” he said. “I didn’t actually run that much. Yuki told me.”

“Oh. Well thanks anyway,” I said, as we walked into the science classroom. Mr. Namel didn’t say anything, and we took our normal seats.

~~~~~

Marth
04-21-2008, 12:07 AM
~~~~~
Shaun

We had a small conversation about the project – which was more of a chat about her helping me out – and since I had no ride home, I had no worries. But the project had been something to be scared about; we needed to work! The fascinating idea we had would work; but as we had a short time – a short time for me – we had to start working. I wanted the stone just to appear in front of us.

I had noticed for the past mornings, Luna was a nice person. Sure, the girl had not shown it, but it was inside of her. Her hair had been soaking wet; she grabbed a hair tie and threw it on. As she had left in a rush, and I was sure it was to find Yuki, so I merely nodded. I had a chance to eat; something that I favored at the moment.

Though we had just a matter of minutes to go, I pulled a salad. I rushed it, eating it messier than even Luna had, messier than I ever had. Salads had not been a favorite food, but it was a good quick-eating thing.

I noticed after I finished I had some time; which was such a blonde moment for me. I couldn’t dare finish another; so I just decided to have some time looking for info on the cell-phone I had. I went to the online Britannica, as Luna pointed out, and wrote ‘Light Stone’. I skimmed through one worthless article, went to the other which I was sure had not been it.

My skinny fingers then managed to write ‘Mount Coronet, Light Stone’ quickly, and I read the whole article. It was of good use; I had some information about the article, which I had read in my mind:

The Light Stone had been in Mount Coronet. Yada yada yada yada ya, Had the power to make heart’s pure. Blah blah blah gets rid of evil.

I skimmed through it as I checked the time. I didn’t care so much about the little details. All I needed to know was of use and where to find it. Sure, the other details we could include, but for now, I didn’t need it. Closi= ng the tab I had on the phone, I walked out the cafeteria, to the hall next to Steve. I hated him; so I used the excuse as looking at my phone to push him. I heard laughs; which had been of him squirting milk up his pants. I giggled before the red-haired kid could hit me.

In the hall I found Luna and Chelsea, who was obsessed with dieting and cheerleading. She had looked ridiculous in her whole outfit, her cheerleading uniform, which had been more of a Halloween-cheerleader-gone-bad costume. I laughed out my ridiculous joke; which I then realized had been dumb.

What had begun as an argument – a rude one – had become to a surprise with what Luna did next. Ascending from her mouth and put on Chelsea, a blob had been thrown, which had been a spit. It looked green, so I was sure it was the salad. The action was funny; but then it had started a whole new thing. Yuki was next to me, who saw the part of what I missed, looking around.

“Stupid battle, Shaun.” The Asian said. “Chelsea totally is retarded with it. Tinklebug or whatever does not allow this, so this would be a good thing we could have on Chelsea. But still, Luna will win anyways, so no need.

I had a chance to make up for the ‘favor’ Luna was doing for me. Report this to the principal. Though it might harm Luna in some sort, I could stretch the truth to make it look as if she was innocent. I had known the principal indeed liked me, and he also was a good person to report to. I reminded myself he liked coffee, which had been in the teacher’s lounge. He might’ve been there.

I raced there, and all I could see was the witch of a vice principal. I sighed; she hated me. I couldn’t tell her. I then dashed to his office. I slipped a little on a banana peel, and it smelled of nasty things next to the bathroom, so I held my nose across.

Principal Finkleburg had been there, accompanied by the two females engaged in a battle, Luna and Chelsea. It didn’t look as Luna was of favor in the discussion, though I could make it better. “It’s not Luna’s fault!” is what I shouted, accompanied by a look of as if I had smelled a Stunky, and heavy breathing. Chelsea then wasn’t in favor, and Luna had been off the hook. “I’m so good,” I mumbled, walking to science class.

I had not gone far enough; as I heard Chelsea’s punishment. Horrible, because it made no sense. The football game she was going to cheerlead for was going to be stopped due to rain, so it was dumb to not let her cheerlead. Luna had thought it was bad too; as she had a kind of look in her face telling so.

Time for science is what I though, on the way. Luna had appreciated what I’ve done and thanked me, which I didn’t expect. I went over to the class, which I had been not welcomed from the teacher. We took the seats, me behind Luna, and he continued the lesson. He didn’t mind us at all; being late. One thing I loved about the class is that we were safe with Namel.

“So,” I had whispered to Chris, a popular kid who was the tallest in our class and had the strangest shade of gray as his hair, “what’s the lesson? Please don’t tell me photosynthesis again. I’m a little too tired of it.” Though Chris never talked, so I didn’t expect an answer. I sighed; it was in fact photosynthesis. One flaw in science: we had repeated lessons over and over again.

~~~~~~

Luna:

After that last encounter in the hall, science seemed boring. Mr. Namel didn’t have much to say about photosynthesis. In fact he let us out a bit early. As the clock struck 1:40, our tall, handsome and utterly amazing teacher stood up, and announced that he had nothing more to cover, and that we would be having the quiz next Wednesday, the day after the science fair. No body argued, but we all hurried out into the hallways.

Shaun hurried past me, with his giant trombone in his arms. “We’ll be back for you at six!” I called.

Normally, on a day when it wasn’t raining outside, I’d go out and wait at the bus stop. Instead I waited in the front office. The bus stop was two minutes away, but the front office wasn’t cold, muggy and wet. It was nothing more than a small yellow room, with single leather couch, and a door that lead to Mr. Kurnvis’s, the college counselors, office. Other than that, it was just a hallway, from the outside of the campus, to the inside. Mr. Finkleburg always stood here, and greeted people when we had an event or something.

I threw myself, and my half empty back pack. I dug through the bag until I finally found my small red cell phone. It was old, and it sucked, but it still worked. I pushed my hair out of my eyes and quickly began dialing my mom’s number.

The call instantly connected, and I gazed out of the window at the other side, as I waited for her to answer. The rain was still falling, hard. She finally picked up, and gave a muffled, “Hello?” She sounded tired and overworked.

“Hey mom!” I said back cheerfully.

“Hi sweetie,” she said, still sounding exhausted. “What’s up?”

“Can you pick up a friend of mine after work today?” I asked.

“Umm sure,” she said. “From where?”

“School. I’m gonna take the bus home, but he has band practice. Normally he walks, but its raining and stuff. He was coming over anyways for our Science fair project,” I explained

“Alright then. Only because its for school,” she said sounding tired. “I got to go. It’s been terrible here.”

“Thanks! Love you! Bye!” I yelled before she clicked the phone off. I closed it too. The familiar bell went of through the building. I stood up, and walked to the bus stop. A minute later, I was racing through a curtain of rain in the yellow school bus. When I got on, my hair and back was soaked, again. Muttering darkly I clambered on the bus, and found a seat. About five minutes later, Yuki joined me, just as wet from the rain.

“Where were you at lunch?” I asked, as soon as she sat down.

“Oh,” she said, a smile lighting up her pale face. “Well, remember that guy from battling class?”

“The one who gave you the jacket?” I responded, and when she nodded, I said,”Yeah.”

“Well he found me. Pulled me aside, and we chatted a bit,” said Yuki giggling a little.

“What did he say?” I said curiously. It was starting to get interesting. The bus rolled off, and Yuki seemed to struggle find words.

“Well?!” I said, a little loudly.

“He asked me out,” she murmured. I grinned broadly. I was about to say something, but Yuki opened her mouth again. She practically whispered the next sentences. “And I said yes. Nonverbally.”

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!” I shrieked. “Tell me everything!”

We spent the rest of the 45 minute long trip talking about kissing, and guys. We didn’t even notice when the bus pulled up by my house. I raised my eyebrows, at the driver. ‘Why were we here so early,’ I wondered. I didn’t complain though. I said good bye to Yuki, and raced inside.

As soon as I got inside, I immediately went upstairs, too the mirror in my bathroom. My hair was a mess. I groaned, and rummaged through the drawers for a comb. I found one, but at the same time, I spotted the bathtub, in the corner of my eye. A sly smile emerged on my face, and I ran into my room. I snatched a pair of genes, and a long sleeved blue sweater, and raced into mom’s room. I took an immediate right and into her bathroom.

It was gorgeous. The walls were a soft yellow, and doors leaded off for the sink, the shower, the closet, and the toilet, with a giant white tub in the center. I glanced at the large clock on the wall. 3:00 it read. I had two hours until mom got home, so I had time. I flipped on the tap, and slipped under the water.

An hour later, I emerged out of the water, refreshed. I felt so much better. I quickly made it look like I hadn’t used the tub, and went downstairs. I quickly walked into our Pokeroom, to find Kirlia sleeping on her specially made bed, and dragged her into the living room.

I flipped on the TV. Nothing was on other than reruns. I entertained myself by watching old episodes of Heroes. I wasn’t really paying attention. I was thinking about how we would get through the thread. I think we would just have to go. I could take the family Vaporeon with us. She could help us out. The hour passed quickly, and I heard the garage door open up, the familiar sound that Mom was home.

I raced into there, and hopped into the front seat of her Accord. Mom looked a bit harassed, but pleased to see me. We blabbered amiably about the school week. Apparently Mom’s boss decided to host two gatherings. Since Mom was his assistant both had to run from meeting to meeting. It sounded pretty bad. Luckily my day didn’t seem too bad, even with the whole Chelsea incident. We talked happily through the drive, and in no time, we were in front of the school, and spotted my red-hated freeing sitting under a balcony with his huge trombone.

I rolled down the window, and yelled out, “Hey! What are you waiting for?”

~~~~~~~~~

Shaun:
“Hey, what are you waiting for?” Luna called, from the purple Accord next to the bench I was at.

I smiled; and pulled my trombone suitcase over my head. Luna was nice enough to pull it through the window; and I climbed on the back of the car, the seat behind Luna. I wiped off the little raindrops that landed on my head, and thanked Luna and her mother.

“Thanks a lot, Luna and Mrs. Listia. So, Luna, did you tell her where we had to go Mount Coronet? If so, when are we going to go?” I said, while I pulled the trombone case from Luna, who had looked like she was holding it and throwing it at me for a long time. “Oh, sorry, Luna, my trombone is quite heavy. Thanks for getting it anyways.” She grinned as I did also, and her mother was one who looked questioned.

“Not today. Tomorrow or something,” she explained.

I nodded, while she looked at me. Mrs. Listia looked confused with where she was going; though I hoped Luna told her where I lived. “I take a left here, and then a right next after that, right?” She made sure, as she drove. I nodded which only Luna saw.

“He nodded. So, yeah, turn to the left.”

The car swerved to the left, as Mrs. Listia thought it was the wrong place. She took another right, which had got on to Rainbow Drive, the street where my house was placed. At the middle of the street was my small little house, where as the rain pounded on the car, I stared at. The house had been soaked into the water, and all of the things in my front and backyard where being pounded on by water.

“Mom sure will be mad about those flowers. Roserade had worked hard on them,” I mumbled through my breath.

“This is the stop, now. Bye Shaun! See you tomorrow or something, where we can go to Mt. Coronet! Get your mom’s approval, of course, I would hate for you to be in trouble. Oh, and bring Pikachu with you!”

“Sure,” I told her, as I pushed the trombone case over my head, getting prepared. I opened the Accord’s door, in which I was led to my shirt being wet first thing. The trombone case hadn’t taken the water for me, as it just came trembling down anyways. I dropped my trombone case to get the keys as the Accord drove away from my brown house. Amongst finding a pack of gum, my phone, and a piece of trash; I got the keys and took all of my junk to the door, opening it.

I was welcomed by Pikachu and Roserade, who had been looking out the window. I hugged them both, then walking to Mom’s Happiny. I was its ‘caretaker’ for when mom was gone, so first thing I went to the kitchen.

I opened and made three plates of Pokéchow, looking at the rain now and then. It had been dropping down, but it was still hard rain. I finished the food; lying it down for all three of the Pokémon. It had been hard; separating them for grass Pokémon, electric, and normal. As I had managed to get through with the three Pokémon running for food, I got them some water to finish it with.

I clicked the TV on, watching some reruns of The Real World. The hit show had been interesting, and I had been hooked on it. He watched the result of the cliffhanger from the previous episode, though he knew what happened, which spoiled it.

After the TV show finished, though (I remembered most of the lines), the Pokémon had finished their food. Happiny was in my arms, as Roserade and Pikachu slept down on the loveseat. I didn’t bother waking either, as Happiny liked to be alone. It had been a brat; but I managed. It whimpered to burp once or twice, as I had done so. The rain was not clearing just yet, though.

I ran upstairs, leaving Roserade and Pikachu alone, dozing. I had got back onto AIM, while I saw a marathon of Heroes. I watched to see the one I hadn’t watched before, and as the super-cheerlead did something awesome; the AIM pinged.

I ran to see Luna’s screen name, (I<3Gardevoir) accompanied by her message. It hadn’t been about the project thing; we just talked about random stuff. Yuki had been IMing her too, which equaled to me waiting in between messages. She had ended it with “My fingers hurt. xD GTG.” which had a lot of AIM lingo. I had agreed in a simple sure, and then went to watch the rest of the Heroes episodes.

As mom came in the garage; Pikachu and Roserade came upstairs. The two of them had eaten something, whereas I remembered I left Happiny’s leftovers – where she was standing on my computer chair – near the kitchen. Mom came in to greet us; and went back off.

The rain was still pounding. If the weather had been this bad; the two of them couldn’t go to Mt. Coronet tomorrow. He kept his mind off the worse; as he brushed his teeth, wanting just to sleep so early, and wake up early. I hadn’t been in the mood of watching reruns, which had been on the whole day. No new shows were on; which had bored me quite a bit, as gurgled mouthwash and used floss, I went to my bed.

Pikachu and Roserade went off, but Happiny was with mom already. As I tucked myself in I wanted the next morning to come, wanting to see the rain end. I fell asleep hoping it would stop, and as I did sleep, I dreamt about first prize.

~~~~~~~

Marth
04-21-2008, 12:08 AM
~~~~~
Shaun

We had a small conversation about the project – which was more of a chat about her helping me out – and since I had no ride home, I had no worries. But the project had been something to be scared about; we needed to work! The fascinating idea we had would work; but as we had a short time – a short time for me – we had to start working. I wanted the stone just to appear in front of us.

I had noticed for the past mornings, Luna was a nice person. Sure, the girl had not shown it, but it was inside of her. Her hair had been soaking wet; she grabbed a hair tie and threw it on. As she had left in a rush, and I was sure it was to find Yuki, so I merely nodded. I had a chance to eat; something that I favored at the moment.

Though we had just a matter of minutes to go, I pulled a salad. I rushed it, eating it messier than even Luna had, messier than I ever had. Salads had not been a favorite food, but it was a good quick-eating thing.

I noticed after I finished I had some time; which was such a blonde moment for me. I couldn’t dare finish another; so I just decided to have some time looking for info on the cell-phone I had. I went to the online Britannica, as Luna pointed out, and wrote ‘Light Stone’. I skimmed through one worthless article, went to the other which I was sure had not been it.

My skinny fingers then managed to write ‘Mount Coronet, Light Stone’ quickly, and I read the whole article. It was of good use; I had some information about the article, which I had read in my mind:

The Light Stone had been in Mount Coronet. Yada yada yada yada ya, Had the power to make heart’s pure. Blah blah blah gets rid of evil.

I skimmed through it as I checked the time. I didn’t care so much about the little details. All I needed to know was of use and where to find it. Sure, the other details we could include, but for now, I didn’t need it. Closi= ng the tab I had on the phone, I walked out the cafeteria, to the hall next to Steve. I hated him; so I used the excuse as looking at my phone to push him. I heard laughs; which had been of him squirting milk up his pants. I giggled before the red-haired kid could hit me.

In the hall I found Luna and Chelsea, who was obsessed with dieting and cheerleading. She had looked ridiculous in her whole outfit, her cheerleading uniform, which had been more of a Halloween-cheerleader-gone-bad costume. I laughed out my ridiculous joke; which I then realized had been dumb.

What had begun as an argument – a rude one – had become to a surprise with what Luna did next. Ascending from her mouth and put on Chelsea, a blob had been thrown, which had been a spit. It looked green, so I was sure it was the salad. The action was funny; but then it had started a whole new thing. Yuki was next to me, who saw the part of what I missed, looking around.

“Stupid battle, Shaun.” The Asian said. “Chelsea totally is retarded with it. Tinklebug or whatever does not allow this, so this would be a good thing we could have on Chelsea. But still, Luna will win anyways, so no need.

I had a chance to make up for the ‘favor’ Luna was doing for me. Report this to the principal. Though it might harm Luna in some sort, I could stretch the truth to make it look as if she was innocent. I had known the principal indeed liked me, and he also was a good person to report to. I reminded myself he liked coffee, which had been in the teacher’s lounge. He might’ve been there.

I raced there, and all I could see was the witch of a vice principal. I sighed; she hated me. I couldn’t tell her. I then dashed to his office. I slipped a little on a banana peel, and it smelled of nasty things next to the bathroom, so I held my nose across.

Principal Finkleburg had been there, accompanied by the two females engaged in a battle, Luna and Chelsea. It didn’t look as Luna was of favor in the discussion, though I could make it better. “It’s not Luna’s fault!” is what I shouted, accompanied by a look of as if I had smelled a Stunky, and heavy breathing. Chelsea then wasn’t in favor, and Luna had been off the hook. “I’m so good,” I mumbled, walking to science class.

I had not gone far enough; as I heard Chelsea’s punishment. Horrible, because it made no sense. The football game she was going to cheerlead for was going to be stopped due to rain, so it was dumb to not let her cheerlead. Luna had thought it was bad too; as she had a kind of look in her face telling so.

Time for science is what I though, on the way. Luna had appreciated what I’ve done and thanked me, which I didn’t expect. I went over to the class, which I had been not welcomed from the teacher. We took the seats, me behind Luna, and he continued the lesson. He didn’t mind us at all; being late. One thing I loved about the class is that we were safe with Namel.

“So,” I had whispered to Chris, a popular kid who was the tallest in our class and had the strangest shade of gray as his hair, “what’s the lesson? Please don’t tell me photosynthesis again. I’m a little too tired of it.” Though Chris never talked, so I didn’t expect an answer. I sighed; it was in fact photosynthesis. One flaw in science: we had repeated lessons over and over again.

~~~~~~

Luna:

After that last encounter in the hall, science seemed boring. Mr. Namel didn’t have much to say about photosynthesis. In fact he let us out a bit early. As the clock struck 1:40, our tall, handsome and utterly amazing teacher stood up, and announced that he had nothing more to cover, and that we would be having the quiz next Wednesday, the day after the science fair. No body argued, but we all hurried out into the hallways.

Shaun hurried past me, with his giant trombone in his arms. “We’ll be back for you at six!” I called.

Normally, on a day when it wasn’t raining outside, I’d go out and wait at the bus stop. Instead I waited in the front office. The bus stop was two minutes away, but the front office wasn’t cold, muggy and wet. It was nothing more than a small yellow room, with single leather couch, and a door that lead to Mr. Kurnvis’s, the college counselors, office. Other than that, it was just a hallway, from the outside of the campus, to the inside. Mr. Finkleburg always stood here, and greeted people when we had an event or something.

I threw myself, and my half empty back pack. I dug through the bag until I finally found my small red cell phone. It was old, and it sucked, but it still worked. I pushed my hair out of my eyes and quickly began dialing my mom’s number.

The call instantly connected, and I gazed out of the window at the other side, as I waited for her to answer. The rain was still falling, hard. She finally picked up, and gave a muffled, “Hello?” She sounded tired and overworked.

“Hey mom!” I said back cheerfully.

“Hi sweetie,” she said, still sounding exhausted. “What’s up?”

“Can you pick up a friend of mine after work today?” I asked.

“Umm sure,” she said. “From where?”

“School. I’m gonna take the bus home, but he has band practice. Normally he walks, but its raining and stuff. He was coming over anyways for our Science fair project,” I explained

“Alright then. Only because its for school,” she said sounding tired. “I got to go. It’s been terrible here.”

“Thanks! Love you! Bye!” I yelled before she clicked the phone off. I closed it too. The familiar bell went of through the building. I stood up, and walked to the bus stop. A minute later, I was racing through a curtain of rain in the yellow school bus. When I got on, my hair and back was soaked, again. Muttering darkly I clambered on the bus, and found a seat. About five minutes later, Yuki joined me, just as wet from the rain.

“Where were you at lunch?” I asked, as soon as she sat down.

“Oh,” she said, a smile lighting up her pale face. “Well, remember that guy from battling class?”

“The one who gave you the jacket?” I responded, and when she nodded, I said,”Yeah.”

“Well he found me. Pulled me aside, and we chatted a bit,” said Yuki giggling a little.

“What did he say?” I said curiously. It was starting to get interesting. The bus rolled off, and Yuki seemed to struggle find words.

“Well?!” I said, a little loudly.

“He asked me out,” she murmured. I grinned broadly. I was about to say something, but Yuki opened her mouth again. She practically whispered the next sentences. “And I said yes. Nonverbally.”

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!” I shrieked. “Tell me everything!”

We spent the rest of the 45 minute long trip talking about kissing, and guys. We didn’t even notice when the bus pulled up by my house. I raised my eyebrows, at the driver. ‘Why were we here so early,’ I wondered. I didn’t complain though. I said good bye to Yuki, and raced inside.

As soon as I got inside, I immediately went upstairs, too the mirror in my bathroom. My hair was a mess. I groaned, and rummaged through the drawers for a comb. I found one, but at the same time, I spotted the bathtub, in the corner of my eye. A sly smile emerged on my face, and I ran into my room. I snatched a pair of genes, and a long sleeved blue sweater, and raced into mom’s room. I took an immediate right and into her bathroom.

It was gorgeous. The walls were a soft yellow, and doors leaded off for the sink, the shower, the closet, and the toilet, with a giant white tub in the center. I glanced at the large clock on the wall. 3:00 it read. I had two hours until mom got home, so I had time. I flipped on the tap, and slipped under the water.

An hour later, I emerged out of the water, refreshed. I felt so much better. I quickly made it look like I hadn’t used the tub, and went downstairs. I quickly walked into our Pokeroom, to find Kirlia sleeping on her specially made bed, and dragged her into the living room.

I flipped on the TV. Nothing was on other than reruns. I entertained myself by watching old episodes of Heroes. I wasn’t really paying attention. I was thinking about how we would get through the thread. I think we would just have to go. I could take the family Vaporeon with us. She could help us out. The hour passed quickly, and I heard the garage door open up, the familiar sound that Mom was home.

I raced into there, and hopped into the front seat of her Accord. Mom looked a bit harassed, but pleased to see me. We blabbered amiably about the school week. Apparently Mom’s boss decided to host two gatherings. Since Mom was his assistant both had to run from meeting to meeting. It sounded pretty bad. Luckily my day didn’t seem too bad, even with the whole Chelsea incident. We talked happily through the drive, and in no time, we were in front of the school, and spotted my red-hated freeing sitting under a balcony with his huge trombone.

I rolled down the window, and yelled out, “Hey! What are you waiting for?”

~~~~~~~~~

Shaun:
“Hey, what are you waiting for?” Luna called, from the purple Accord next to the bench I was at.

I smiled; and pulled my trombone suitcase over my head. Luna was nice enough to pull it through the window; and I climbed on the back of the car, the seat behind Luna. I wiped off the little raindrops that landed on my head, and thanked Luna and her mother.

“Thanks a lot, Luna and Mrs. Listia. So, Luna, did you tell her where we had to go Mount Coronet? If so, when are we going to go?” I said, while I pulled the trombone case from Luna, who had looked like she was holding it and throwing it at me for a long time. “Oh, sorry, Luna, my trombone is quite heavy. Thanks for getting it anyways.” She grinned as I did also, and her mother was one who looked questioned.

“Not today. Tomorrow or something,” she explained.

I nodded, while she looked at me. Mrs. Listia looked confused with where she was going; though I hoped Luna told her where I lived. “I take a left here, and then a right next after that, right?” She made sure, as she drove. I nodded which only Luna saw.

“He nodded. So, yeah, turn to the left.”

The car swerved to the left, as Mrs. Listia thought it was the wrong place. She took another right, which had got on to Rainbow Drive, the street where my house was placed. At the middle of the street was my small little house, where as the rain pounded on the car, I stared at. The house had been soaked into the water, and all of the things in my front and backyard where being pounded on by water.

“Mom sure will be mad about those flowers. Roserade had worked hard on them,” I mumbled through my breath.

“This is the stop, now. Bye Shaun! See you tomorrow or something, where we can go to Mt. Coronet! Get your mom’s approval, of course, I would hate for you to be in trouble. Oh, and bring Pikachu with you!”

“Sure,” I told her, as I pushed the trombone case over my head, getting prepared. I opened the Accord’s door, in which I was led to my shirt being wet first thing. The trombone case hadn’t taken the water for me, as it just came trembling down anyways. I dropped my trombone case to get the keys as the Accord drove away from my brown house. Amongst finding a pack of gum, my phone, and a piece of trash; I got the keys and took all of my junk to the door, opening it.

I was welcomed by Pikachu and Roserade, who had been looking out the window. I hugged them both, then walking to Mom’s Happiny. I was its ‘caretaker’ for when mom was gone, so first thing I went to the kitchen.

I opened and made three plates of Pokéchow, looking at the rain now and then. It had been dropping down, but it was still hard rain. I finished the food; lying it down for all three of the Pokémon. It had been hard; separating them for grass Pokémon, electric, and normal. As I had managed to get through with the three Pokémon running for food, I got them some water to finish it with.

I clicked the TV on, watching some reruns of The Real World. The hit show had been interesting, and I had been hooked on it. He watched the result of the cliffhanger from the previous episode, though he knew what happened, which spoiled it.

After the TV show finished, though (I remembered most of the lines), the Pokémon had finished their food. Happiny was in my arms, as Roserade and Pikachu slept down on the loveseat. I didn’t bother waking either, as Happiny liked to be alone. It had been a brat; but I managed. It whimpered to burp once or twice, as I had done so. The rain was not clearing just yet, though.

I ran upstairs, leaving Roserade and Pikachu alone, dozing. I had got back onto AIM, while I saw a marathon of Heroes. I watched to see the one I hadn’t watched before, and as the super-cheerlead did something awesome; the AIM pinged.

I ran to see Luna’s screen name, (I<3Gardevoir) accompanied by her message. It hadn’t been about the project thing; we just talked about random stuff. Yuki had been IMing her too, which equaled to me waiting in between messages. She had ended it with “My fingers hurt. xD GTG.” which had a lot of AIM lingo. I had agreed in a simple sure, and then went to watch the rest of the Heroes episodes.

As mom came in the garage; Pikachu and Roserade came upstairs. The two of them had eaten something, whereas I remembered I left Happiny’s leftovers – where she was standing on my computer chair – near the kitchen. Mom came in to greet us; and went back off.

The rain was still pounding. If the weather had been this bad; the two of them couldn’t go to Mt. Coronet tomorrow. He kept his mind off the worse; as he brushed his teeth, wanting just to sleep so early, and wake up early. I hadn’t been in the mood of watching reruns, which had been on the whole day. No new shows were on; which had bored me quite a bit, as gurgled mouthwash and used floss, I went to my bed.

Pikachu and Roserade went off, but Happiny was with mom already. As I tucked myself in I wanted the next morning to come, wanting to see the rain end. I fell asleep hoping it would stop, and as I did sleep, I dreamt about first prize.

~~~~~~~

Marth
04-21-2008, 12:09 AM
Luna:

I woke the next morning, feeling refreshed and exited. I had gone to bed a bit early, after we dropped off Shaun. We had chatted a bit last night. Nothing too important. Except I learned that when you IM two people at the same time, while trying to write up a summary of your science fair project for the teacher, your hands start to hurt.

I sat the side of my bed in my pink pajamas and rubbed my eyes. I stretch, yawned, and then changed into a light blue hooded sweatshirt, and a pair of nice jeans. I grabbed a hairbrush, and walked into the bathroom, and untangled the mess of hair on my head. It took me about five minutes, and a grabbed a pair of socks and I hurried downstairs. I found two characters sitting down there, waiting for me. Not my mom and Sammy, who I thought would be there. Instead, Kirlia was hovering over the sofa, and Moms Vaporeon was sitting on the rug, her long, blue, fishy tail curled around her.

I smiled at them, and proceeded to the fridge to grab a soda, before heading down to Shaun’s house, wondering where the heck mom was. On the fridge, was a small hand written note, answering my question. She had taken him to a class of some sort, and wouldn’t be back until the evening.

“I’d be back by then,” I thought out loud, grabbing the soda. I glanced out of the window, as I walked by. The rain had ended, but grey clouds still loomed overhead, threatening more rain.

“Come on Kirlia,” I said, pressing the button on Kirlia’s red and white sphere. She glowed red and was sucked up into the ball. I tossed that as well as some snacks, a flashlight, some empty Pokeballs, another pair of shoes, and some small medical supplies into a backpack. = As I tossed the last of the empty Pokeballs in my bag, I felt something smooth and damp rub up against my ankle. I looked down to see the watery cat looking up at me, as if it wanted something, with a sad look on her face.

“Wanna come along?” I said, smiling. Vaporeon finned face broke into a smile. I pressed the button on the ball, and she too disappeared in a flash of red light. I pushed my hair out of my face, and hurried out the door, locking it behind me.

Shaun’s house was only a couple blocks away, so it took me only a couple minutes to reach there. The entire street was soaked from yesterday’s downpour. The clouds above still looked like it would be raining any second now. I sighed, and walked up to Shaun’s house. He was sitting on one of the steps leading up to their house, wearing his signature baseball cap.

I smiled at him. “Come on, lets get going,” I said. He merely nodded. We didn’t speak as I lead him to the cave, by the park. His eyes were half closed and I literally had to lead him there.

When my sneakers touched the wet grass in the park, about twenty minutes later, I sighed. “It’s quiet. Say something,” I said to him.

“Good morning,” he muttered. I rolled my eyes. The park was pretty empty. A couple soccer teams were practicing here and there. We walked over to the hiking trail, and took the short path to the first fork.

It wasn’t fun. The ground was really muddy, and it was hard to walk. To make matters worse, when we passed the sign pointing us to Dawnstone Cave, I felt a tiny drop of water on my head. I stopped and looked up. Another drop fell into my eye.

“Ouch,” I said, looking down, as a couple more drops fell on my head. Shaun looked up, and at that moment, a blast of thunder ripped through the silence, and the clouds began to unload all the water they had on us. It came down hard, and we waddled as fast as we could through the mud, and dove into the mouth of a large cave to our left.

The rain formed a curtain at the mouth of the cave. It was somewhat muggy, but dry, unlike me. My hair and jacket was soaked. I wiped the water off my face with my back pack, as Shaun emptied his hat of water. He shook his head like a wet dog, grinned and said, “I’m awake now.”

I laughed as he grinned, but he looked out at the rain, and his expression grew solemn. “I guess there’s no turning back now,” he muttered, as we both walked into the cave, leaving the booms of thunder, and constant battering of the rain behind us. We passed a sign saying, in big blue letters “The Dawnstone Cave” Smaller, underneath these words, it read, in a readish ink, “The one which nobody has returned!” I swallowed hard.

~~~~~~~

Shaun:
I had been looking around us, and it had not looked as bad as I thought it would be. There was nothing too frightening about it; until I hear Luna gulp, which I then stared where she had been also. A sign freaked her out. She might’ve only gulped, but I whimpered and swallowed.

‘No, don’t be scared,’ I thought to myself, stuttering the thought and walking creepily. One thing I had hated so much was the dark, and as the soaked pair of Luna and I took a few more steps up, the light blanked into the darkest black possible. I was awake for sure; I had to keep guard of what’s going to be happening. I stood aware, found the Pokéball of the little Pikachu after a minute or so, and held it just in case.

I went ahead, feeling the side to see if were turning left or right, as well as holding Luna – or maybe Kirlia – to see where she was going. I held her by the shoulder, putting so much pressure she pushed it off. I touched Pikachu’s Pokéball again; I should release it in a matter of seconds.

“Huzzah!” I startled; panicking at the voice of a Pokémon walking past me. It had been short, I knew, because even if I bowed down I couldn’t feel it. I must’ve startled so much; as I caused something. The ground was shaking, and I could sense something coming – I wasn’t in ease, I stood there, frozen, waiting for that thing to happen.

“Kirlia, Flash!”

“Smart idea,” I told her.

The moment she had done it I could see what was coming. But man, did I not enjoy what it was. A huge boulder came rolling down, and I could see it was wiping off the Pokémon in its way. I was even positive it had thrown down an Aggron and Golem. I shook, which caused me to push on the little dot of Pikachu’s Pokéball. One thing I knew for sure that if Pikachu was hit by a ground attack, a positive Earthquake or Rock Slide could do it. As the boulder neared, I covered myself like a blanket on Pikachu.

“Vaporeon, now use a Surf!”

Vaporeon? Who owned that is what I asked myself, as I could see the Vaporeon sought the water and soaked a lot of Pokémon. It then was directed to the boulder – whatever it was – to the right, which meant we were safe.

I remembered the light of Flash had not lasted so long; and took a while to master. Thus, Kirlia’s light wore out and it turned dark again. Before it did so, I was sure it felt tired and unable to do another. That means we were backing to holding each other, which wasn’t tight this time. Kirlia had been on Luna’s shoulder; which I could feel, and then Vaporeon had been right next to her.

“Nice flash. Good Surf, too, Vaporeon.”

She smiled, or at least I thought she did, as I could hear the rain. ‘The rain, but how here?” It sounded like a gush, but a gush of water far from us. I felt safe for the moment; but it could damage anytime. We walked, paranoid and all, while I was eager to see what happened. I had Pikachu next to me, which I felt safe with.

I touched the wall again, but I wasn’t close enough to feel it. That must’ve meant the space widened or something; which made me more excited, as it wasn’t squished. I felt queasy when we had small space; so this was better. Pikachu had been taking the bigger space; but heard the gush himself. I heard more of it too; but I wasn’t much too scared this time. If we took steps farther and it was as faint as it was now; we were fine.

“So where is this Stone?” Luna exclaimed, Kirlia beside her, not tired that much yet. Vaporeon had been perfect after the Surf; she felt fine. Pikachu had no work to do; so he had been full of power in case another Pokémon had come and attacked us, or something had happened.

I was fine for the next challenge, or obstacle. Since the first one was not too hard; I expected it to get harder; which frightened me just a bit. It still was weird Luna hadn’t been more scared; she looked as if she was too calm.

I wasn’t at all; I think I caused Pikachu to startle a bit. I heard the gush louder, which hinted me on what was going next. Was it the rain and we’ve gone too far and near the back exit, or were we right and something had happened? As I thought this, Pikachu yelped for help. I ran up to get him, holding the floor to see where he was. Then, something had caused me to fall, and there I stood, wet.

Luna had panicked; she was pulling on Kirlia and Vaporeon, beside me. I got Pikachu on Vaporeon, holding the little seal Pokémon. Luna kept falling and sinking, and I pulled her up; she still had been falling. Vaporeon had caught a hint I sent her; going ahead. I pulled Luna on to me; she was still sinking.

“Kirlia, Flash!”

“YES! PLEASE!”

I had seen it all; she was being tugged; but she had not been bitten. She was pulled down by a Carvahna; I could see its hard skin helping grab her down. Pikachu had been good enough to jump on it, and bit it. I helped Luna out, while Pikachu rushed before it was crunched into pieces. Luna had a bite, though it wasn’t much. She had blood falling down; but it wasn’t too bad.

Luna:

I sat at the edge of the large lake, crimson blood oozing from my shredded knee. It stung, but there was nothing that could be done. My back pack was soaked to the core. A light glowed from Kirlia’s forehead. It illuminated the shore of dark lake. I grabbed a wet towel from my bag and wrapped it around the gaping red wound. I grunted as I stood up to my feet. The pain in my leg was immense. I could hardly walk.

“Come on,” muttered Shaun, and walking towards the edge of the light. Pikachu, Kirlia, and Vaporeon followed. The room was relatively calm, but we intentionally walked away from the water. No doubt that those mad fish were still there.

We walked for about a minute, when Pikachu, came to a halt. He shivered, scampered up Shaun’s back, and came to a rest on Shaun’s shoulder. He pointed at the ground in front of us, and timidly said, “Pika.” The little mouse buried his shaking head in Shaun’s long hair. I knelt down to see what was there.

It was water. Cold, dark water. We weren’t on the shore, it was an island. We were trapped.

“CRAP!” yelled Shaun loudly

Suddenly, two purple spheres began glowing from underneath the surface of the water. They were a couple feet deep, and illuminated the blue floor, and the water above them. Schools of red and black Carvhana swam in circles above it, as if the were waiting for us. Suddenly the schools parted, like soldiers for their queen. Oddly, that’s probably exactly what they were doing.

A massive dark blue figure swam in from the depths. It was at least twice as large as the other fish, and navy blue. He hung there in the water for a second, and then swam back.

The Carvahana swam away from the giant glowing spheres. The water was empty. I took this opportunity to speak. “What are we going to do?” I whispered to Shaun.

“I don’t know,” he muttered. We were doomed.

Suddenly the ground began to shake. The entire cave followed. Massive rocks fell from the ceiling, falling into the water, making massive splashes, showering water everywhere. Some smashed onto our tiny island. I fell backwards onto my back, looking straight up at the ceiling. Right above me a rock let loose. It flew downwards, aiming towards my face.

“Kirlia, Reflect!” I screamed. There was a split second of darkness, and giant ray of light appeared above all of us. The rock smashed into it, exploding into a thousand pieces, and those rocks showered around us all. The massive glowing orbs began to rise up from the depths of the sea, as well as the patch of floor that they were attached to.

As they rose I noticed that the sphere was attached to an even bigger sphere. It was half blue, and half black, and the black side had two massive red, bloodshot eyes. It was alive! Two massive pincers protruded out of the side, as well as many long grey tentacles. Before we got over the shock of seeing it alive, it attacked.

Ten tentacles shot out amazingly fast. They quickly ensnared me, and I screamed, as they began to crush me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the other four being strangled by the tentacles. Shaun’s cap fly of his head, and the three Pokemon were knocked out before they could move. Then the massive Pokemon dragged us under the dark water, as I slipped into unconsciousness.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I drifted slowly through a dark abyss, full of nothing other than swirling purple vapor. I was floating, unsupported. My hair, skin, clothes were exactly the way they were when the Pokemon attacked. Why was I here?

‘I must be dead,’ I thought. It was the only logical explanation. It seemed like I should feel sad, but I wasn’t. Neither Shaun, nor any of the Pokemon were here. They must have survived.

It wasn’t painful, almost, peaceful. Suddenly the purple vapor exploded, into a thick cloud smoke. I didn’t cough, or sputter; I just sat through it, and waited for it to clear. In fact I wasn’t breathing. My skinny little chest wasn’t rising or falling like it did when I was alive. That confirmed it. I was dead. I must have drowned when I was pulled under, or suffered a head injury or something gruesome like that.

When the smoke finally cleared, millions upon millions of tiny shining squares were walling from the top of this place. I found one, and focused on it. I don’t really know why, but it seemed like the right thing to do. As soon as I did it grew larger.

It wasn’t just a shining square, but a TV screen. This one showed a small underwater scene. Two ancient looking, but massive bright blue seahorse-like Pokemon floated in the water. They both had small leathery fins, and hard, shining scales. I small pebble was in the center. It was glowing. Suddenly I realized that it was an egg. I felt my body shrink and change somehow, as I neared the square. Just before I crashed into it I understood. My life as Luna had ended, and I was about to begin a new one as a newborn Horsea. I closed my eyes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Marth
04-21-2008, 12:09 AM
My eyeballs snapped open suddenly. I wasn’t a Horsea, I was me. Regular old Luna. I sat up, and flexed my fingers. I wasn’t dead! It must have been dreaming! I grinned, and felt heavenly, lightheaded and relieved, but then I took in the surroundings.

My entire body was cold, wet, and bruised, and my shredded backpack was still strung over my skinny shoulders, tattered, but still carrying all what we needed. The room that I was in was tall cylindrical room. I couldn’t see the ceiling. It was rocky, and hard. There was a small grunt to my left. Vaporeon, Kirlia, and Pikachu, all lying in a tangled, bruised heap were stirring. Soon all three had sat up, looking exhausted, bruised, and battered, but all three were fine. I pulled them all into a big hug.

I let go and looked around the room, expecting to see Shaun, while Kirlia explained what had happened. With her psychic powers she could send me her thoughts in English. Usually she kept quiet. Apparently the Tentacrule holding us was attacked by the Cravahna and Sharpedo. It dropped us. One of the Carvahna attacked us. When Pikachu, Kirlia, and Vaporeon all attacked it simultaneously we were all blasted backwards through some sort of high pressured tube, and fell into here from the ceiling. Kirlia cushioned our fall a bit so we didn’t get injured badly, but we were all still sore.

My eyes scanned the room again, and this time I suddenly noticed something. It was the source of all the light in the room. A single silvery blue rock sat on a short pedestal. The Dawn Stone!

“Luna!” said a voice from behind me.

I turned to see Shaun. He didn’t look too happy to see me, or the stone. Instead he looked scared. He eyes were wide, and his mouth agape. Three black shapes dropped from the top of the ceiling. One looked like a harmless tiny bug, with two short claws, and an ugly white skin. The second was a black ball with massive white eyes. It was floating and surrounded by a misty purple gas. The third was a giant floating purple head, with the same eyes as the second Pokemon. A creepy looking pair of hands floated out in from of him. I recognized the Pokemon: Nincada, Gastly, and Haunter.

Haunter stuck suddenly, raking Vaporeon’s face with its claw. It screeched. Three long black scars we left behind. Pikachu leapt into action, its flailing arms coursing with electricity. The tiny fists collided with Haunter’s face. It soared backward.

Kirlia appeared over head, blasting tiny green balls of energy at Gastly. Gastly spat out purplish black blobs of dark power. The exploded in midair, when they collided. Kirlia suddenly dodged one of the blasts, zoomed over to the right and shot a pink beam from her hands straight at the dark sphere. It stuck, piercing through the Pokemon. Gastly slowly turned towards Kirlia, his eyes closed in pain.

The two red eyes suddenly flew open, and a massive pink tongue shot out. It slobbered Kirlia. She shook, from head to toe, and dropped right out of the air.

Meanwhile, Vaporeon grunted to its feet, as the ugly bug scuttled its way. As it neared, Vaporeon spun around, smacking the bug with the fin over her large tail. The bug was tossed aside, and rammed into the wall of the room. Unfazed, it quickly scampered up the wall, and shot itself off, and flipped backwards in the air. Its two sharp brown claws extended, as he fell through the air towards the mermaid cat.

This entire time, neither Shaun, nor I had uttered a command. We stood their, unmoving, and taken aback by the sudden attack of the Pokemon. They were acting with their own judgment. As the ugly bug flew through the air, Vaporeon watched it she did nothing. Suddenly I snapped.

“Water Pulse, Vaporeon!” I screamed. Vaporeon sprung into action. She opened here finned head and blasted out three bright blue rings. The rings shot through the air, hitting the bug, one after another. Nincada shook violently, as the he hung in the air, the shockwaves battering his tiny body. He fell, landing in a crippled heap. At the same time Kirlia fell from the air.

I heard Shaun yell from behind me, “Pikachu, dodge that Shadow Punch, and hit it with Volt Ta—argg! No!”

Pikachu flew threw the air, slamming into the wall nearest to Vaporeon. He slipped to the floor, but quickly flipped up onto its feet. He and Vaporeon stood their ground, as the two ghosts hovered in front of him. In Haunter’s floating purple hands a black blob was forming. It steadily grew. The same thing happened on Gasty’s exposed tongue.

“Hydro Pump!” I yelled, and at the same time, Shaun called out, “THUNDER!”

Vaporeon sucked in the cold cave air, as Pikachu’s cheeks crackled with electricity. My eyes fell upon the ugly bug, which lay unconscious in the line of fire of all four attacks. If they hit it, he would die.

Without thinking I grabbed a Pokeball from my bag, but accidentally dropped it. I snatched another, and flung it over the watercat’s head. It struck the bug’s ugly head, and sucked it up, with a flash of red, light just seconds before the Pokemon let their attacks loose. A massive stream of water and hundreds of thousands of bolts of lighting flashed out towards the ghost, as two dark blobs of energy, twice the size of bowling balls flew towards us.

The attacks collided, and exploded. High pressure balls of water, black pieces of the blob, and tiny strings of electricity shot every where. Haunter and Gastly screeched in pain as the shrapnel sliced through them. Vaporeon, Pikachu, Shaun and I were thrown back, several feet, but not before Shaun screamed, “Discharge Pikachu!”

As Pikachu flew backwards, its cheeks seemed to explode with electricity. A swift moving stream of electricity flew from its tiny body and shot forward, before the tiny mouse hit the hard ground, and he did not get right back up. The blast of lightning smashed into the pair of ghosts. One thousand volts of electricity coursed through their undead bodies. Both turned black, and began to smoke. Only Gastly remained aloft. Haunter did not. He landed softly on the hard floor, his eyes closed. Gastly shook his head, and charged at Vaporeon, was slowly getting to her feet. A Pokeball flew over head, as the ghost soared towards us. It hit the purple ghost on the floor. In a flash of red light, it was gone, and inside Shauns’ ball.

“Vaporeon!” I yelled as the smoky sphere charged on her. Vaporeon looked at Gastly. He eyes widened in shock, as Gastly’s long purple tongue flew from its mouth, slobbering Vaporeon with paralyzing spit. Vaporeon shivered, and slumped to the floor.

The ghost turned up from its victim, and focused on us. Its eyes were blood red. There were no purples anymore, just two giant red circles on its face. The ghost opened up its mouth and laughed, low, cold, evil laugh. I felt something heavy land on the ground next to me. Shaun had fainted. I was feeling lightheaded too.

“You should have never come here,” it said in the same malevolent voice. “You will pay for intruding!” It lunged, but stopped dead. A pink beam shot out from the shadows, piercing the back of the evil ghosts head. It was the same Psybeam attack Kirlia had used moments ago. Only this time, the ghost slumped to the floor, face first into the dirt. Almost instinctively I tossed the third Pokeball. It was sucked up inside the grapefruit sized sphere.

The tall figure of a lady dressed in a long white gown, with striking green hair, moved gracefully out of the shadows her hands glowed white.

“Hello, Luna,” said Gardevoir. With that, I fainted, leaving the three Pokeballs shaking on the cavern floor.