PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Crater (Pretty Darn Close Remake by KyroCorp)

bigboy
04-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes it is true. The same guy that brought us Pokemon worlds online (PWO at pokemonworldonline.net) Has also made a remake of crater.

Though neither I nor Kyro (the real programmer) has played crater, we are getting help from players all over. Since we do not know what know much of crater, we had been needing players to come and tell us what crater had.

The official beta of the game will be released tomorrow at sometime. So come and try.
The website is .................http://www.pokemonbattlearena.net/

Drop by the forum to help. We are counting on you guys to help us rebuild crater.

Also it does not have the original Domain name because either nintendo brought the url or aaron got tired of people trying to buy it.:oops:
Go ahead and type in pokemoncrater.com

BlueFang
04-23-2008, 08:44 PM
# Pokemon crater had lots of starter pokemon for example poochyena, glameow, budew etc, in addition to the normal starters.

# When I tried to sign up it wouldn't let me. (url not found or something)

# There were all 6 regions(Fiore and Orre included)

hope this helped.

Delibird
04-23-2008, 09:24 PM
You have got to be joking me.

How can you possibly remake Pokèmon Crater if you don't know what it is? Honestly, this is a seriously idiotic idea. It's like telling a three year old to remake the American government. Do you have the rights? Don't you think the owner of Pokèmon Crater isn't letting anyone buy the domain name for a reason? You've overlooked some really important factors a simple e-mail could've solved for you. Just because the layout of the site looks the same does not mean it is a remake of Pokèmon Crater, sorry.

Also, it wouldn't let me sign-up. When I clicked on register, it said, 'We are sorry, this page is unavailable.'

bigboy
04-23-2008, 10:28 PM

How can you possibly remake Pokèmon Crater if you don't know what it is? Honestly, this is a seriously idiotic idea. It's like telling a three year old to remake the American government. Do you have the rights? Don't you think the owner of Pokèmon Crater isn't letting anyone buy the domain name for a reason? You've overlooked some really important factors a simple e-mail could've solved for you. Just because the layout of the site looks the same does not mean it is a remake of Pokèmon Crater, sorry.

Also, it wouldn't let me sign-up. When I clicked on register, it said, 'We are sorry, this page is unavailable.'

As I say, the beta won't be up till tomorrow.

Well honestly, I didn't care for crater. Never played it.
And since many of you wish for crater to come back (which we can't do) we decide to rebuild it.

And having the help from players is useful. Because unlike most sites or mmos, the mods and Kyro actually look at your request.

All Kyro is trying to do is a favor for all of those who want crater. If you don't want it fine. If you do great.

Delibird
04-23-2008, 11:13 PM
But how can you remake it if you don't know what it is?

"Hey, do you want to be the new Pope?"

The three year old nods her head.

Seriously, a layout isn't going to bring Crater back.

bigboy
04-24-2008, 01:04 AM

You are not going to that let that go are you?

Plus we made sure that each one is correct by asking other players. How do we know how they are telling the truth? We don't. But you just got to trust it.

But if it makes you feel better I changed the title of the thread.

LimeGreen
04-24-2008, 01:19 AM
You are not going to that let that go are you?

Plus we made sure that each one is correct by asking other players. How do we know how they are telling the truth? We don't. But you just got to trust it.

But if it makes you feel better I changed the title of the thread.

Uh how do you sign up?

Kaikyro
04-24-2008, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by Delibird

Wow, you sound like you don't want this to happen mate.
My advice to you would be to ignore this thread - because this obviously isn't the game for you. :wink:

So anyway heres the deal. We are re-building Pokemon Crater Remix
It will have new Maps, closer Stats and formula's to the Original games, All the Crater Functionality (PvP, Gyms, Trading) and a few more extra's that I'll Enjoy putting in.

Before anyone asks, yes we will have the different types of Pokemon (Shiny, Ghostly, Dark/Shadow etc) and yes we will also have Arron's Fakemon Dratini...

For screenshots of the Battle System and the World Navigation System *look here* (http://www.pokemonbattlearena.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=9&posts=5&start=1)

I welcome all beta testers (Bar the Thread Nazi a few posts above :oops:)

I will announce when the sign up page is activated and beta round 1 begins on our forum, approximatly this time tommorrow. :smile: see you all then.

Yusuke007
04-24-2008, 11:22 PM
I tried to register but It doesn't do anything.

LimeGreen
04-25-2008, 03:19 AM
I tried to register but It doesn't do anything.
It would be nice to have it working

Primal Mario
04-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Well i see that it is sort of working now

Volcanflame
04-25-2008, 04:32 AM

A remake doesn't always have to be exactly the same, you know, smartass. So, stop ranting, it disgusts me.

However, I always love Crater, I hope this can build a new Crater community, tbh, I have nothing really fun to do these days, I hope I can enjoy playing the game :)

-Volcan-

bigboy
04-25-2008, 01:35 PM
The beta is now working. Now since it is a beta there are still a few bugs. If you see a bug report it.

Here is where to sign up: (note: bar login/sign up not working, must click it from hompage)
http://www.pokemonbattlearena.net/members/signup.html

Here is where to login (note: same problem as sign up so click from homepage.)
http://www.pokemonbattlearena.net/members/login.asp

Fushigidane
04-25-2008, 02:34 PM
I was just playign it earlier. I guess it was kind of fun.

Da Kid J3
04-26-2008, 02:57 AM
Yay i have'nt played pokemon crater in a while now glad someones making a remake. ^^

LimeGreen
04-26-2008, 03:08 AM
Why is it suckish

Nitro
04-26-2008, 05:03 AM
Well, it's just the beta, so it's crap atm. However, all of us miss PokemonCrater, so at least we have something to live on for the moment.

Volcanflame
04-26-2008, 07:21 AM
Maybe you can add some changes to the game? I always love selling / buying Pokémon :3

-Volcan-

Kaikyro
04-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Maybe you can add some changes to the game? I always love selling / buying Pokémon :3

-Volcan-
Sure, we'll add a lot more to the game over the next few weeks.

LimeGreen
04-26-2008, 03:15 PM
Sure, we'll add a lot more to the game over the next few weeks.
Like a starter Eevee(SAY YES)

Yusuke007
04-27-2008, 03:06 AM
questions:

how do your pokemon level up and how do they evolve???

BlueFang
04-27-2008, 11:26 AM
I could sign up but when i was trying to move around it wouldn't let me. Also the graphics could be redone.

Da Kid J3
04-27-2008, 12:13 PM
I could sign up but when i was trying to move around it wouldn't let me.

Mabey these ?

1.you were'nt looking at your charater Becuse the charater no longer
has an arrow pointing at you.

2.some times in viridian forest i discovered you will hit invisible walls randomly
its weird but sometimes it take awhile to get around them mabey you could've
hit one in pallet town idk.

MDPlayer
05-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Hmm... I was playing just a while ago and found that I could not even find my character. :oops: Maybe you can make a different color outline around the player's character? Also more suggestions:

Let players pick their starter

Make finding pokemon easier. (I walked for like 10 steps and no pokemon)
Suggestions end here.

I was a big fan on the original game, (I thought Nintendo sued them or something) and I hope this will be good.

Kaoru
05-08-2008, 11:36 PM
I have three questions...

How can you tell what person you are on the maps?
How do you unlock maps?
I can't click on the "Your account" thing.

Maleficent
05-09-2008, 08:13 AM
I know.
The lst one is because it hasnt been made yet, they just got ahold of the design.

Yusuke007
05-14-2008, 12:57 AM
I need help getting to route 2?

Cow_Guy
05-14-2008, 07:11 PM
This is not close. Gyms? Find a Trainer?

dialga635
05-17-2008, 04:33 PM
This is not close. Gyms? Find a Trainer?
I dont like it. Its not pokemoncrater.

Cow_Guy
05-18-2008, 02:49 PM
That's my point, dialga635.

XxDragontamer255xX
05-20-2008, 05:02 AM
Well I'm Admin their.I'm helping out with the game, I was an top trainer on Crater and new every thign about crater.I be telling him, well now you can sign up for the game, it still in it first stage.Once you sign up, don't say you can't move, we just haven't outline you yet.Just keep moving left until you see you move.Also we are using the forums on the page also this is the new forums that we are creating for Pokemonbattlearena.net

Link-http://pokemonbattlearena.b1.jcink.com/

pixlepix
05-26-2008, 12:48 AM
just outline us

Kaile
05-27-2008, 08:20 AM
i think this is a good idea...

well first lets start....
Pokemon Crater was created by Aaron.....(unfortunately he closed it because he graduated in college)

Pokemon Crater as i can remember is an unlicensed site for pokemon fans...
and completly free...
Starters:
(Kanto)
-Bulbasaur
-Charmander
-Squirtle
-Pikachu
-Pidgey
(Johto)
-Chikorita
-Cyndaquil
-Totodile
(Hoenn)
-Treecko
-Torchic
-Mudkip
-Poochyena
(Sinnoh)
-Turtwig
-Chimchar
-Piplup
-Starly

there are also different types of pokemon
-normal
-shiny
-dark
-metallic
-ghostly

it also has maps.........
a full pokedex..

Gyms of Kanto-Sinnoh gyms
aswell as Elite 4 gyms........

no rarity excpet the legendary pokemons with types..
legendary pokemon are only acquired if you beat all of the gym leaders and Elite 4

for more info

you could e-mail Aaron
at aaron@pokemoncrater.com

gud luck and i'm really looking forward for that rebirth of pokemon crater...

Blood_Flood
05-28-2008, 09:23 PM
i played this and it is close just one problem your character on the map should be on top of all the others in the same space and its highlighted with an orange glow around it

miss_pikagirl666
07-09-2008, 09:07 AM
i admire the spirt of remakin it for the fans
but i understand its only just got up n runnin
i signed up
and the pages wouldnt load..
for now i just have pokemon indigo but if it speeds up then ill be bk on crater!

Team Devastation
07-13-2008, 04:53 AM
Its good, but it doesn't let me login into my account...

lemongirl
07-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Pokemon crater last time I had loads of Legendaries with 2 lvl 100 normal pokemon , felligrater and shiny metallgross:eh:spelling error but never mind I hope u guys understand wat I am talking abt !

Dexmon12
07-16-2008, 01:12 PM
bad english

blazikensweety
08-06-2008, 09:58 PM
I want to join this sooooo much. But I get that error whenever I try to sign up. DX I try the link you gave us on the homepage, not the one on the main site, but it still won't let me! Could someone provide the link they used when they signed up? Maybe that would help.

pixlepix
08-09-2008, 01:55 PM
and pokemon crater had the same encounter rate for all the pokemon. But oviously dark gostly and such where rarer

bippibear
08-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Damn, I got the magic 404, man. Can I help?

tmanopower97
08-15-2008, 05:32 PM
It still won't let me sign up:sad:

badboy4
08-15-2008, 09:41 PM
It still won't let me sign up:sad:
I remember when i played crater.. i had only 100 lv 100s... i used to play at least 4 hours a day and lv a pokemon to lv 100 in about 10 minutes
i cant sign up but i would like to

bigboy
08-30-2008, 02:41 AM
I was recently given the news that PBA has been hacked. NOw most good mods have been demodded and the bad ones have taken over. Also I have heard that you should not click the forums button on the mainpage due to it leading you to a p*rn site. I have not tried it out yet, but be aware. We should have Kyro fixing the problem soon.

Origami
09-10-2008, 12:02 AM
I'd love to play this game regularly if it loaded better... The old Pokemon Crater prided itself on being fun and having maps that were quick and easy to navigate.

Ahlat
09-16-2008, 07:56 PM
it doesn't let me sign up when i click i accept it says webpage could not be displayed

Chakra
09-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Yay i have'nt played pokemon crater in a while now glad someones making a remake. ^^
Well if anyone could help me get on Pokemon Crater, It would be appreciated. Like, Step by Step?
I always get confused.

Metallic Houndoom
09-30-2008, 06:42 PM
I thought it got shut down?