PDA

View Full Version : Help!

TheDarkEevee
04-27-2008, 03:00 AM
Ok, I've downloaded the graphic program GIMP, but I have absolutely no idea how to make banners using it. Can anyone give me some tips?

PapaLuLu27
04-27-2008, 03:22 AM
Always happy to help ^,^
Click me!!!! (http://officialminito.com/gimpbasicbanners.htm)
Hoe I did help ^,^

Realityxxx
04-27-2008, 03:42 AM
Ok, I've downloaded the graphic program GIMP, but I have absolutely no idea how to make banners using it. Can anyone give me some tips?

Well, first go to Deviantart and download some brushes for gimp.

shakierarox
04-27-2008, 02:34 PM
You create a new TRANSPARENT layer, then you paste the image on, and then get the magic wand tool, the stick with sparks coming out of the end, and click on the parts you want to get rid of, then drag them off. That help?

TheDarkEevee
04-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Ok, thank you! but now I have another question: How do you remove the white areas in a picture that you have put on the banner that you are making.

Black Fox of the Darkness
04-27-2008, 03:00 PM
Take the gl0w stick,click on the white area,then right click.Then go to layer and color to alpha channel.Then just do that to all the white spots you want to get rid of.

shakierarox
04-27-2008, 03:13 PM
You create a new TRANSPARENT layer, then you paste the image on, and then get the magic wand tool, the stick with sparks coming out of the end, and click on the parts you want to get rid of, then drag them off. That help?

-.-"

I just told you, Get the magic wand tool, and click on the white parts, then click again, and drag.

TheDarkEevee
04-27-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't read your post. I missed it x__x. Now I have another question. How do I paste images? I have gone to several guides for it, and they say, "select the square tool, click file, open, and then click the image that you want. Then use the square to cut out the image and paste it." I don't get it. When I do what they say, it comes up with only an outline of the pokemon that I want. I was able to paste them last night, but I forgot how I did it :goofy:.

dogs rule cats drool
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't read your post. I missed it x__x. Now I have another question. How do I paste images? I have gone to several guides for it, and they say, "select the square tool, click file, open, and then click the image that you want. Then use the square to cut out the image and paste it." I don't get it. When I do what they say, it comes up with only an outline of the pokemon that I want. I was able to paste them last night, but I forgot how I did it :goofy:.

Did you select the whole image?

TheDarkEevee
04-27-2008, 04:08 PM
No. But I've figgured it out now.

EDIT: For some reason, the magic wand thingy isn't working. I enable it, click on the white part, and drag it off screen, and nothing happens. Even when I first click on the white part and start dragging, nothing happens.

shakierarox
04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Well I usually triple click, and drag, since sometimes on the second try it doesn't wanna work for me, so just click and wait for the dotted outlines, then you click again, and then you drag. Does this help in any way?