PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Generic Stalling - RMT

Spongebob Number One Fan
04-28-2008, 10:21 PM
I pretty much exclusively battle with all kinds of stall teams, but lately the one I've used for a long time has started to slip a little. I also am just getting tired of using it in general, so I made this.

It's kinda funky with a few selections though, so I'll try and justify them the best I can.

Anyways, it's a pretty standard stall team, but I DO have problems inflicting damage on a few steel walls. Zapdos is usually handy, but its SR weakness and my lack of a rpaid spinner make things shaky.

Anyways, here it is. Some of the EVs are not quite tweaked right yet though, just so ya know. also, if anybody mentions Curselax, let it be noted that I will not listen, so don't even try. Curselax is really bad now, which is basically why I don't use it, lol.

Snorlax @ Leftovers ** Charlie Weis
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Snorlax is a great special wall. Don't recommend Curse or I will disregard your entire post :0 Curselax is horrible, and ResttalkLax stalls better anyways. But yeah, Heatran counter and special wall.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers ** Eye of the Storm
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Spiritomb is a trooper. the Azelfs and Gengars of the world that Lax can't handle have met their match! HP Fighting takes out SpecsLuke and Porygon-Z with more efficiency and Pursuit wastes ghosts and psychics, especially that stupid CM/Sub/HP Figthing/Shadow Ball MissyD that seems to be more popular now. It's also valuable against Tyraniboah.

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Thunderstruck
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Roar

It might look strange, but Gyarados can't get by this no matter how hard it tries. It's much more bulky than I would have ever imagined and it handles NP Togekiss and Gyarados very well. Toxic is also very useful for simply hammering a lot of its counters, and it forces Blissey to switch. Roar might look awful on Zapdos, but common CPers can't really break Zapdos while Roar blows stuff away.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell ** Rust Man
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind / Toxic
- Drill Peck / Brave Bird

I actually really don't like Skarmory this gen because of its lack of real physical walling ability. Call me crazy, but this thing has declined A LOT since Advance. I chose it here because Forretress doesn't have good recovery and Skarmory does. That's about it. Toxic makes special sweepers that switch in very easy to pick off with Tomb or Lax. It also prevents Skarmory from being stalled.

Hippowdon (♂) @ Leftovers ** SandStoned
Traity: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stealth Rock

This thing is priceless. It's a great physical wall that just eats up the metagame...or some of it. Pretty much walls everything physical when you add in Skarm/Zappy/.Cress to the picture. Ice Fang gets rid of dragons, especially the blasted DDers.

Cresselia @ Leftovers ** Dr. Squackers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I hate Cresselia, but MixMence really is troubling and Garchomp isn't a pal either. Psychic puts Mixape in a not-so-cozy situation and allows me to counter our good friend Breloom. Resttalking lets me stall some. Cresselia is more like a mixed sweeper destroyer for this team, which is pretty much its most important role. If you're worried about Pursuit - don't be. I know how to play this right and I scout for those before I bring it out.

Leman
04-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Imo, Whilrwind>Toxic, and Drill Peck>Brave Bird on Skarm. Without WW you are inviting mons to come in and st up. Acctually, I'd run Forry. Gives you Rapid spin support for Zappy, and Spikes still.

Spiritomb should be running Sucker Punch. Azelf/Gengar can just sit there and 2HKO with Flamer/Shadwo Ball. Since Pursuit doesn't OHKO unless they switch, sucker Punch helps. Pain Split gives you more immediate recovery.

Spongebob Number One Fan
04-29-2008, 12:49 AM
My problem with sucker Punch in general is its low PP and how unreliable it is. Besides, it's pretty heavily EVed in special defense. Azelf is never a problem. Gengar can't 2HKO unless it's a boosted hit, and Snorlax can ward Shadow ball off (even though it can't hurt Gengar). And Azelf especially always seems to want to switch, totally unaware it seems that Spiritomb can learn Pursuit. Even if Azelf does beat Spirirtomb, Snorlax has backup and SS/LO damage piles on very quickly with Azelf.

As for Skarmory, I know so little about that I'll probably take that. the reason I'm VERY reluctant to put forretress in is because it can't recover reliably without cleric support to get rid of Rest. It is also a much riskier switch-in into stuff like CBmence that commonly pack fire Blast, as it will be OHKOed while Skarmory can retreat and recover later.

I'll put on Drill Peck and WW most likely though for Skarmory. I know from experience that having deadweight walls (due to rest) will screw you over.

Somebody also recommended Taunt on skarmory to me. I don't have any amazing way to stop opposing stallers, so is that viable?

I'm not trying to sound hostile towards change, but my last team was weak to only one pokemon and I was convinced to change the lineup around and it got SMACKED on shoddy. So in general I like to keep my lineup consistant and I'll usually have to give a lot of thought to changes.

Luckily I have the most boring hour and a half of my life in science class tomorrow, so I'll contemplate this then. Thanks :)

EDIT: BTW, the record so far is 8-1...if anybody cares ;p

Sorry I'm so anti-change, but change always messes stuff up for me :P

BTW, I think we've battled before. I don't even remember who won, but I might have saved the log. I know you used Regice to go ka-blammers on my Blissey though, unless I'm thinking of somebody else.

Another edit: Actually, I was silly for not taking your advice since random Azelf sweeps have been haunting me. I have Sucker Punch/Pain Split over Restalk on Spiritomb for an added bonus os destroying stuff. Thanks Leman :)