PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball GT

wicked
05-12-2005, 08:21 PM
Come speak to me on what you know on Dragonball GT!

Flannery Fan
05-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Other than it kicks butt and has a cool theme?

Pichu
05-18-2005, 08:57 PM
I love DBZ as well as DBGT.......they are great shows

Zuzuzu
06-10-2005, 02:57 AM
Well, I've seen DBGT and DBZ is FAR better in every way. I know this is not a "what do you think" thread but I guess I said it.

Anyway, ever wondered how eaisily Goku gets Vegeta to fuse with him at the end? The answer, BAD STORY WRITING. What do you think.

PS. Are the lost episodes any better?

Alakazam
06-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Meh, DBGT is a mediocre series. It's okay, but not great. (it wasn't even done by Toriama -_-)

"Are the lost episodes any better?" - No. Most of them are boring.

Tamer San
06-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Hmmmm, DragonballGT, it is an interesting show, I didn't like Goku becoming a child again though T_T

PokemonElite2000
06-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Depends what you like, the story was good for my tastes. The lost episodes were very minor stories, but I like that. Not every single episode needs to be the end of the world type stuff. There were so many funny scenes in those episodes too (Goku having fun with his wanted poster in Imecka was hilarious).

The character development was very strong, GT really showcases the characters personalities. A lot of memorable moments not just with Goku and Pan, but Piccolo, Buu, Krillin, Android 17 and 18. And of all people, Vegeta has this great moment at the end of this series. You never knew how much he loved his new home, Earth, so much until you see what he does and what he says. And I can just go on and on for each character.

DBGT is more like the original season of Dragon Ball, a lot of light hearted moments. Dragon Ball and Dragonball Z are very different, and if you liked Dragon Ball, you should like GT. It's less about the fighting and more about the story (eventhough there's some great fight scenes in there).

And of course, the dubbing is horrible. Watch it on DVD with Japanese and English subtitles if you can. The dub literally killed Dragon Ball. Not only will you hear more emotional voices, you'll actually hear different music because they used different music for the English dubbing. For example, in one scene where it's suppose to be funny, there was "serious music." It didn't match at all and it wasn't even funny anymore. Even the dramatic scenes weren't as dramatic anymore with that kind of music there, it makes a huge difference.

*Spoiler Response*
lol, it wasn't easy for Goku to get Vegeta to fuse with him, and that's great example how a situation can be both funny and serious at the same time. Vegeta really didn't want to do it, but what choice did he have? Fuse or die, and he still had a hard time deciding to go with it!

Princess Serenity
06-18-2005, 08:49 PM
I have seen all the dragon ball series and different shows I love it ^^ Trunks mmmmmmm :hungry:

paperfairy
06-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Meh, DBGT is a mediocre series. It's okay, but not great. (it wasn't even done by Toriama -_-)

"Are the lost episodes any better?" - No. Most of them are boring.

Agreed. DBZ had a PERFECT ending, and they go and **** it up with GT. Good job. :rolleyes:

The only part I really liked about GT was when Goku is a kid again, and their battles on Immekka. That's really it. -_-

-GT

Thoughts: It took FOREVER to kill Omega Shenron... arg

Genesis 1.0
06-18-2005, 11:03 PM
Depends what you like, the story was good for my tastes. The lost episodes were very minor stories, but I like that. Not every single episode needs to be the end of the world type stuff. There were so many funny scenes in those episodes too (Goku having fun with his wanted poster in Imecka was hilarious).

The character development was very strong, GT really showcases the characters personalities. A lot of memorable moments not just with Goku and Pan, but Piccolo, Buu, Krillin, Android 17 and 18. And of all people, Vegeta has this great moment at the end of this series. You never knew how much he loved his new home, Earth, so much until you see what he does and what he says. And I can just go on and on for each character.

DBGT is more like the original season of Dragon Ball, a lot of light hearted moments. Dragon Ball and Dragonball Z are very different, and if you liked Dragon Ball, you should like GT. It's less about the fighting and more about the story (eventhough there's some great fight scenes in there).

And of course, the dubbing is horrible. Watch it on DVD with Japanese and English subtitles if you can. The dub literally killed Dragon Ball. Not only will you hear more emotional voices, you'll actually hear different music because they used different music for the English dubbing. For example, in one scene where it's suppose to be funny, there was "serious music." It didn't match at all and it wasn't even funny anymore. Even the dramatic scenes weren't as dramatic anymore with that kind of music there, it makes a huge difference.

*Spoiler Response*
lol, it wasn't easy for Goku to get Vegeta to fuse with him, and that's great example how a situation can be both funny and serious at the same time. Vegeta really didn't want to do it, but what choice did he have? Fuse or die, and he still had a hard time deciding to go with it!

a gree, wholly, DBGT has much better personality developements for each charecter, it shows them in more than 1 dimension, which is mor than can be said of Z which jumps from 1 thing to the next in such rapid order that there's not much time for anything else. GT, personally, was the best of the 3, simply because I got to see what these charecters I've been watching for so long grow up and progress to be. It's not like alot of Anime where as long as you watch it, they're always in High School, ect.

I loved seeing my all time favorite charecter in the show, Vegeta growing a mustache and having a daughter as selfish as he used to be. It's sad to see that they still have him trailing behind Goku, but he remains the real strong charecter in the series, and with the most appropriate attitude for one of his power and level. Vegeta, as has been stated also shows another side when he deliberately stands in the way of a blast that would definitely have put him in a coma all the while professing his love for the planet that he now adopts as his own.

Not to mention the fact that Super Sayia Jin 4 is by far the coolest form in the franchise.

btw, PE2K is right, it was NOT easy for Vegeta to be convinced to fuse with Goku not at all.

Trey Racer
07-04-2005, 10:27 AM
I think DBGT is the worse en, DBZ rulz every anime of all time. 11/10
DB is a real awesome adventure anime, maybe slow at beginin but shoely got better in RRA Saga onwards 9/10
But DBGT is totaly rubbish they made ,u frave char gohan into a geek T_T, they made krillin old<_< and tien and yamcha was hardly init, pan does my head in, goku relays to much on his kamehameha and never transform, i could go on for ever <_< 5/10

Genesis 1.0
07-05-2005, 12:59 AM
I think DBGT is the worse en, DBZ rulz every anime of all time. 11/10
DB is a real awesome adventure anime, maybe slow at beginin but shoely got better in RRA Saga onwards 9/10
But DBGT is totaly rubbish they made ,u frave char gohan into a geek T_T, they made krillin old<_< and tien and yamcha was hardly init, pan does my head in, goku relays to much on his kamehameha and never transform, i could go on for ever <_< 5/10

Gohan was always pushed for his school work and has always wanted to be the educated type, did you think Chi Chi was going to let him slide through her fingers? He became an intelligent citizen as it was always hinted in Z.

Krillin is human, he's supposed to age, just be glad he finally got some hair.

Tien & Yamcha were and always will be side charecters.

Pan is the new annoying newcomer, they had to make a female Saiyan with Goku's spunk and a woman's testy behavior. It's called charecter progression, GT is a great Anime because unlike some, the charecters do NOT remain the same.

Goku's personal favorite has always been his Kamehameha and it grew in strength along with his power. As for transforming, you an only go so high before you reach Supreme and he hit SSJ4 several times during the series.

GT is better than Z or DB, IMO.

Pika57
07-05-2005, 03:16 AM
I like it. When Goku easily gets Vegeta to fuse with him that shows that every now and then even Vegeta admits that he isn't all that. At least one other time was near the end of DBZ when Vegeta admits to Goku that he is'nt powerful enough to be able to even damage kid bu, after Goku reveals that he was holding back so Vegeta would be able to get a few good swings at him. its kind of a way to show that even Vegtas arogance has its limits.

Pokemon Trainer Kimahri
07-28-2005, 12:56 AM
I forgot, but dosent Vegeta get SSJ 3 in DBGT?

masterryanx
07-28-2005, 06:53 PM
I forgot, but dosent Vegeta get SSJ 3 in DBGT?

Nope he skips it, the only people of course who ever went to that level were Goku and Gotenks....

Anyway I loved GT it just did'nt have the same feel to me as Z did but oh well.... And I agree with some of you that the character progressions were the best part. :happy:

Genesis 1.0
08-04-2005, 01:27 AM
I like it. When Goku easily gets Vegeta to fuse with him that shows that every now and then even Vegeta admits that he isn't all that. At least one other time was near the end of DBZ when Vegeta admits to Goku that he is'nt powerful enough to be able to even damage kid bu, after Goku reveals that he was holding back so Vegeta would be able to get a few good swings at him. its kind of a way to show that even Vegtas arogance has its limits.

Vegeta's the best charecter on the show seeing that he's 3 dimensional, and the rest as pretty much stuck in 1st gear. Meh, the marks always whine about his arrogance but looking at the charecter history, it's well founded. Heh, and for a guy that has surpassed Goku at least 2 times before, he remains the cornerstone of the latter of Z and GT.