PDA

View Full Version : please review my wifi team

Dreathor
05-05-2008, 11:24 AM
hi here is my wifi team and I am hoping that some people will give suggestions on what can be changed to improve it. so far ive used them on wii wifi and win all battles (even against legendaries with grass knot) except one guy who had rayquazza and I dont know the best way to take it. so look at my team and tell me where the holes are please if you have time, thanks :D oh I have diamond and pearl so I think i can pick up all moves and pokemon if I can find them so just be open with any suggestions :D OH and I was thinking when the team is edited I want to base it around rain dance

SKARMORY: Relaxed - lax incense
HP ev: 255
Defence ev: 133
Sp Defence ev: 122
Roar
Metal Sound
Sand Attack
Spikes
(I thought spreading defence evs on this was ok considering its resistant to most moves, its worked well so far but better ideas welcome)

MILTANK: Impish - Leftovers
Defence ev: 255
MIlk Drink
Surf
Defence Curl
Heal Bell

GARDEVOIR: Naive - Kings rock
Special attack ev: 255
Speed ev: 255
Growl
Grass Knot
Calm Mind
Psycic

BLAZIKEN: Hasty - Razor Fang
Attack ev: 255
Sky uppercut
Blaze kick
Mirror Move
Dig

Jolteon: Modest - razor claw
Special Attack ev: 255
Thunder
Tail whip
Helping Hand
Sand attack

SPIRITOMB: Relaxed - quick claw
Special defence ev: 255
Dream eater
Shadow Ball
Sunny Day
Hypnosis

Shun Goku Satsu
05-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Almost all of those items are banned in competetive battling because they rely on luck. All but leftovers will have to go

I EV'd a skarmory in HP and sp.def once... it was a waste of time. Skarm isn't built to take special hits, any fire or electric attack will still 1HKO him even with max HP and sp.def. All you've done is hinder his physical walling abilities.
Also, he needs drill peck/bravebird (preference) roost, whirlwind > roar and you might consider stealth rock > spikes but that's up to you

I'm no expert on Miltank, but i'll just point out that he needs to be replaced with a special wall. You have a physical wall and spiritomb although is a duel wall here, he does the physical walling better (i'll get to him)

I don't know a great deal about gardevior sets tbh. Clearly growl has to go for hypnosis (this allows you to safely calm mind up ready to sweep)

I don't know jack about blazikens either but dig is a definite no and i think i'm right in thinking mirror move is a waste of an attack too. Maybe someone else can recomend something for him.

Jolteon should always be timid unless you are running a choice specs set. Thunder is fine but personally i would have t-bolt for the reliable accuracy. sand attack, helping hand and tail whip all have to go. He needs a good Hidden power (ice or grass, i personally like ice) Shadow ball gives a little more coverage but baton pass + wish is always good too

OK spiritomb.... He wants 252 HP EVs (always max HP before distributing EVs to defences) Then you can either put 96EVs into attack and the rest in special defence, give him will o wisp to make up for those lack of def EVs, this spiritomb can actually hurt things physically. OR Max out his defense and give him calm mind which covers his lack of sp.def EVs and allows you to hurt things with special attack. lose dream eater, you would have to battle a pretty silly person to leave their sleeping pokemon on the field. Pain split is more reliable

Viva la Gofre
05-05-2008, 01:18 PM
hi here is my wifi team and I am hoping that some people will give suggestions on what can be changed to improve it. so far ive used them on wii wifi and win all battles (even against legendaries with grass knot) except one guy who had rayquazza and I dont know the best way to take it. so look at my team and tell me where the holes are please if you have time, thanks :D oh I have diamond and pearl so I think i can pick up all moves and pokemon if I can find them so just be open with any suggestions :D OH and I was thinking when the team is edited I want to base it around rain dance

SKARMORY: Impish - Lefties
HP ev: 252
Defence ev: 196
Attack: 60
Roar
Brave Bird
Roost
Spikes
(I thought spreading defence evs on this was ok considering its resistant to most moves, its worked well so far but better ideas welcome)
Skarmory Is not a special wall so don't put that many EVs into it seeing as it dies to thunderbolt, one of the most common special moves. An alternative would be to put those attack EVs into SpDef if you should so wish. If walls have a healing move they should be using it, and brave bird allows it to actually hurt things. You can then roost off the damage.

MIlk Drink
Surf
Defence Curl
Heal Bell
As it has been said, you already have a physical wall. Get a special one.

GARDEVOIR: Timid-Choice Specs
Focus Blast
Grass Knot
Thunderbolt
Psycic
I dont like Voir as a sweeper, it's far better suited to a bulky role. However if you wanna sweep then specs is the way to go.

BLAZIKEN: Jolly- Life Orb
Earthquake
Blaze kick
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Swords Dance sweeper is excellent. NEVER use two turn moves, you just get switched in on.

Jolteon: Modest - razor claw
Thunder
Tail whip
Helping Hand
Sand attack
I dont know about this, although i fail to see what this moveset does. Sand attack is hax, tail whip just get switched out of (And it doesnt even help jolteon) and helping hand doesnt do anything outside of a double battle. Razor claw is hax too.

SPIRITOMB: Careful-Leftovers
252HP/76Def/180SpDef
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split
SuckerPunch
Taunt
Your set made me cry. What on earth was sunny day for? Dream eater is too situational. Spiritomb needs max HP, and since WoW halves the opponents attack stat it doesnt need too much of that either. Pain split allows you to take advantage of its low HP, but you still need to max it if it is to work.

Comments in bold. Tbh I cant see how you've been as successful as you're suggesting, but those changes should help.

Shun Goku Satsu
05-05-2008, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't use rain dance... you have one attack that benefits from it (Thunder) and you don't even have a water attack on your team. Rain dance shouldn't be used unless it benefits at least 3 pokemon on your team and should definitley not be used if you carry a fire type =/

You have no ice coverage on your team so salamence, garchomp and dragonite are going to hurt you. Get HP ice on jolteon, or alternetively you could switch out blaziken for his superior; infernape and put HP ice on him.

eerie
05-06-2008, 11:57 AM
I'll try a rate.

SKARMORY: Relaxed - Leftovers
Defence ev: 133
Sp Defence ev: 122
Roar
Roost/Rest
Brave Bird/Steel Wing/Drill Peck
Spikes/Stealth Rock- broken ftl

Right idea at the start.

MIlk Drink
-attack-
Body Slam parasupport ftw.
Heal Bell

GARDEVOIR: Naive - Wise Glasses?
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Calm Mind
Psychic

BLAZIKEN: Hasty/Jolly/Timid - Life Orb/ Focus Sash
Swords Dance/Agility
Flare Blitz/Flamethrower
Close Combatt/Focus Blast
Brave Bird/Earthquake/???

Physical, Special, mixed, your choice.
Jolteon: Modest - Leftovers/Petaya/Wise Glasses
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Ice
Substitute
Baton Pass/ either of the attacks on the second column.

Standard.
SPIRITOMB: Careful- Leftovers
Special defence ev: 255
Hidden Power Fighting
Shadow Ball
Nasty Plot/Confuse Ray
Hypnosis

No sleep-chain attacks. They mostly switch out to retain sleep clause.
This is another example of a Spiritomb. The annoyer/sweeper.

Follow Gofre's advice, too. Good luck! :happy: