View Full Version : (DC) The Lunar Coins

Arami
05-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Title: The Lunar Coins
Genre: RP - Adventure
Rated: T+ (Language / Gore)

The Lunar Coins
Storyline
In a land not far from what many called home, several hundred years ago, a tribe of nomads watched a star fall from the heavens. But, to the nomads, this was no ordinary that was dislodged from its home, but the star of their legends. The Lunar Star, they said, was as constant as its sister, the North Star, who never left the skies, and only when this star fell from the heavens would their tribe fall. Sure enough, when the Lunar Star fell, the nomads collected the twelve shattered shards and crafted them into the Lunar Coins, cherishing them as their own in a desperate hope to keep their culture alive. But slowly, piece by piece, the nomads disappeared until nothing but a barren hillside was left in their wake. And the twelve Lunar Coins were to be forever lost and scattered across the globe, each one carrying a curse and a gift. Only bringing all twelve together again can lift the curse and replace the Lunar Star to its home in the skies.

Over the years, the coins have scattered further and further from one another, each one cursing the next one to take hold of it. Now, each of the Coins once more has a home, twelve young humans who had no idea of the fate they are now forced to face.

Your Role

In one way or another, you have come to be a part of an epic struggle. One of the twelve legendary Lunar Coins has come into your possession, and a curse has befallen you (read below and choose your poison…coin) and threatens your life. With the knowledge of the Legend, it’s your job to join with the other eleven cursed ones and restore the Lunar Star to the heavens and send the curses back to hell. You will encounter those who, for one reason or another, want to keep this from happening, or wish to take possession of the coins for their own greed. You must restore the Lunar Star to the night sky, or, should you so be swayed, keep such from happening at all costs.

The Coins

Coin of Shadows - You gain immense power at night, for you are now comprised of the Lunar Shadow, the immense darkness of a shadow the Star cast across the land when it fell. You grow weak and are drained of energy during the day.
Coin of Light - You are the light that made the Lunar Star shine, and gain power during the day.
Coin of Fire - The immense fire that fueled the Lunar Star, you have the energy of the Star itself, but also have a deadly disease. The more you use your power, the harder it is to control and the less there is to control.
Coin of Space - The darkness that was the home of the Lunar Star. The protective force, you have the ability to stop any attack for any length of time, so long as you are protecting someone else. (i.e. you cannot protect yourself at all with this).
Coin of Earth - The land’s energy that was imbued into this coin gives you the ability to control the nature and earth. You must stay outside as much as possible, failure to do so will result in all of your energy being drained within a matter of hours.
Coin of Life - The life-force of the Lunar Star. You have the ability to revive any life at the cost of your own. Not to mention, the longer you take to get the coins together, the more of your soul this coin consumes.
Coin of Power - The sheer power of the Lunar Star is held within this coin, but what you gain in brawn you begin to lose in judgement and general intelligence.
Coin of Ability - The Lunar Star’s major ability of adaptation. You can take the ability, shape and gender of whomever you wish, at the cost of your sanity. Those who hold this coin are known for losing their own identity by taking on the shape of another.
Coin of Intelligence - The opposite of the Coin of Power, you gain the intelligence of the Star itself, but slowly lose your ability to fight and defend. You are reliant upon those abilities of others.
Coin of Personality - You gain a shining personality, people are unable to refuse you, or resist you. You have no idea who is your friend or enemy, though, for this power doesn’t come into play with other members holding Coins.
Coin of the Skies - Wings. Yes wings are imbued upon you. Like the Coin of Earth, you lose the ability to stay outside of your element. To be submerged in water is almost instant death (complete lack of air).
Coin of Control - You have the ability to block the abilities of the other Coins for a short amount of time by taking that ability for yourself.

Lunar Discussion (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81873) | Lunar Sign-Ups (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2198290#post2198290) | The Lunar Coins' Role-Play (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2200764#post2200764)[/CENTER]

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Now that theres finally a discussion thread nobody has anything to talk about :ermm:

aoboco
05-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Irony. Well, I got my sign up done... not my best, but... I've really been void of ideas lately, so it is the best I can do right now. (School projects just take everything out of me... and lately we have been having project after project after project)

Arami
05-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Hey, it's fine, really.

Alright, for something to discuss, let's go with what we're going to start the RP off with. Who's going to be with whom and dowe want this to be Pokemon oriented or non-pokemon related?

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 02:05 AM
I feel that it would be generally better if it weren't a Pokemon related RP but like Crystal had stated, it might be fun if our characters were each given an animal that represented their element or something :ermm:

Arami
05-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Like each coin coming with a pet of some sort? I like that idea. And trust me, I never had any intentions of making this a Poke-RP unless the people wanted it.

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 02:34 AM
But how is the creature going to be, like some kind of aura or spirit that is trapped within the coin?

Arami
05-06-2008, 02:59 AM
=O

We should use an old idea of mine. They're called Manifests, and they're transforming monsters that feed off the owner's soul. Each one is different and takes on the personality of the owner.

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 03:02 AM
Cool well I gotta sign out soon, got 2 minutes left before the timer goes off. I'll talk with you tomorrow

aoboco
05-06-2008, 12:13 PM
That Manifest idea sounds cool... how would they feed off the soul, though?

Arami
05-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Because they are the souls of those who died previously holding the coin. They converge together to help the new holder get further than they ever did. So, they have to feed off the holders soul to survive.

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 08:02 PM
What do they look like?

Arami
05-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Anything you want them to look like. For instance, Moon's Manifest is a reptilian bird.

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Hmm... mines gonna be a bennu bird! :cool:

thegreatbelow88
05-06-2008, 09:12 PM
hmmm.... does the manifest have to be realistic? could i have something that looked like an espeon? Because Espeon ish adorable^^

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm pretty sure you can have whatever you want on acount that it's your characters manifestation, plus Arami already stated that it could look however you want it too.

Saraibre Ryu
05-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I've drawn mine out, I just have to scan it in, unless I have something else that I like.

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Saraibre I take it your good at drawing? If so can you draw my manifest? It's a Bennu Bird which in other words is a Phoenix, so it's basically a bird on fire. But if you could make it seem more spirit like and possibly translucent that would be great... :biggrin:

thegreatbelow88
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
oh, whoops, didn't see that ^^;

yeah, i'm sure bri won't mind what i use. fine, espeon-ish creature, only the gem is black.

Saraibre Ryu
05-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Saraibre I take it your good at drawing? If so can you draw my manifest? It's a Bennu Bird which in other words is a Phoenix, so it's basically a bird on fire. But if you could make it seem more spirit like and possibly translucent that would be great... :biggrin:

I do pencil sketches, as they are my best, so I'll give it my best shot. I'm in school for right now and am on the wireless network so the site isn't blocked for right now. It'll be on white, but maybe lined paper.

EDIT: By the way to answer your inquiry, I am good at drawing. Everything I get comes from my mind, no book references at all.

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Well GB you don't want to make it so that it resembles an Espeon exactly. Bri said she didn't want this to be a Poke-related RP which would mean by you using something like that it would change her perspective for the RP and cause all the others to situate themselves into that genre, maybe make it so that it's an Espeon-like cat or hamster and change it's color or something. :ermm:

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 09:48 PM
I do pencil sketches, as they are my best, so I'll give it my best shot. I'm in school for right now and am on the wireless network so the site isn't blocked for right now. It'll be on white, but maybe lined paper.

Your at school still? I've been out for atleast 4 hours or so, then again I'm probably in a different time zone then you are :oops:. As for the site block thingy, my school district is the worst they have almost every site blocked beside search engines and this site although I did manage to infect their main computers and bypass the block on my school computers but that only worked for a brief amount of time (like a month or so..) as of then all the sites have been blocked, even the unblocked sites are blocked which is kinda ghey. :susp:

:eek: Sorry for the double post!

Saraibre Ryu
05-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Your at school still? I've been out for atleast 4 hours or so, then again I'm probably in a different time zone then you are :oops:. As for the site block thingy, my school district is the worst they have almost every site blocked beside search engines and this site although I did manage to infect their main computers and bypass the block on my school computers but that only worked for a brief amount of time (like a month or so..) as of then all the sites have been blocked, even the unblocked sites are blocked which is kinda ghey. :susp:

:eek: Sorry for the double post!

Well, I bypassed our Youtube blick by finding an alternate URL for it. It doesn't work as well, but it still works.

Anyway, I'll draw it tonight, try to scan it tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'll scratch sprite it out.

And if you quote another reply about another subject, its not really double posting. Posting a similar thing is considered double posting.

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 09:57 PM
So your good at scratching sprites too? Damn your artistic, I was tryna find someone like you before cause I'm in need of help with some sprites. I have a list that I need done for an RP I'm currently planning out (with the help of Arami).

Saraibre Ryu
05-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Well now that my computer at home is fixed mostly now, I can do that. I've been artistic my entire life and the first thing I could honestly draw well was a Pikachu. Look up Saraibre on imageshack and look at my gallery if you're interested. And refrain from words ascociated with swearing outside RP
s that allow it, you'll probably get in trouble.

May I make a note to Arami that the Lunar Coins RP is in the wrong section, its in the Pokemon RP section, and should be in the Other Role Play section since its not Pokemon oriented or based. A Mod should be asked to move it before other people who want to join get confused.

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Yea I realized it was in the wrong section when I went to other to post up my part :ermm:.
As for your spriting, do you think you could do the sprites we need? I think Armais going to help me run it, type up the descritpion and the sign ups since I'm not familiar with that kinda stuff, I could possible put your name on it as someone associated have it look like "Regional Wars, An RP by Chrispy, Arami and Saraibre" :cool:

CM
05-06-2008, 10:18 PM
When I asked about pets in the SU, this those Manifest thing isn't what I meant. I meant like normalish animals that could maybe have some abilities like talking of be able to control the element of their owner's coin. In any case, this is my pack of dogs ^^ in order of youngest to oldest. BTW, Picallo and Diego are brothers.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u186/Crystal-Momoyia/animals/Picallo.jpg
Picallo AKA Pickle, German shepherd/wolf mix, male
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u186/Crystal-Momoyia/animals/Diego.jpg
Diego, German shepherd/wolf mix, male
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u186/Crystal-Momoyia/animals/Demon.jpg
Demon, unknown, male

Art and characters of Picallo and Diego belongs to Valixy on deviantART.com
Art of Demon belong to Kyrara on deviantART.com

Arami
05-06-2008, 10:19 PM
They can look like it, sure, but it can't like BE an espeon. Mix it up a bit ;)

CM
05-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Just to let you know, the dogs can speak human language, but when the speak Inu (japanese word for dog; I use the word to discribe dog language) Aveena is the only one who can understand them. I hope you don't mind, Arami.

Arami
05-06-2008, 10:47 PM
You're fine Crystal.

As for the wrong section x3 I noticed a few moments ago. I'll check with a mod ASAP on that.

Chrispy
05-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Your a smart one Arami but I found a way to make a diamond melt (had to use google but I found a way:biggrin:)

aoboco
05-06-2008, 11:25 PM
What to Manifests do? (Sorry for making you explain it over and over again... I just don't get it :tongue: Well, I got it before but then I lost it...)

Arami
05-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Chrispy: xD I almost made them a special diamond compound, but that would stop the RP completly :P

Aboco: The manifests are souls that have been collected by the LC (Lunar Coins) and reanimated as spirits. They transform to fit the needs of the user, but in turn, have to feed off the holders soul to sustain their outside appearance. Therefore, you lose energy every time you summon them or they transform.

Chrispy
05-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Why is it that all my RP characters are always falling unconcious? lol First Elite due to the experiments and now Brian because of the coins, one day I'm going to have a charcter that will be conscious the whole time, possibly Jean Luc:wink:

CM
05-07-2008, 01:56 AM
Aboco: The manifests are souls that have been collected by the LC (Lunar Coins) and reanimated as spirits. They transform to fit the needs of the user, but in turn, have to feed off the holders soul to sustain their outside appearance. Therefore, you lose energy every time you summon them or they transform.

Does that mean when my three doggies talk human languages Anveena looses energy or can they just be able to without using her energy?

aoboco
05-07-2008, 02:23 AM

Thanks. Now I get it, very clearly.

Arami
05-07-2008, 02:49 AM
It takes energy to just keep them in the real world. It slowly drains you of your energy.

Chrispy
05-07-2008, 02:50 AM
I thought the dogs were just your pets, they're your manifest?

Arami
05-08-2008, 12:33 AM
RP moved to the right section xD In case anyone can't find it.

Scourge of Amaranth
05-08-2008, 03:52 AM
Meh, I'm going to wait for Brian's actions before I decide on Edum's course....

Chrispy
05-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Huh, what do i gotta do?

Arami
05-09-2008, 12:03 AM
I think he just means post xD

Arami
05-09-2008, 12:38 AM
*Coughcough* My friends! I would like to point something out =)

In the Other-Roleplay Rules section of this area, it states the following rule:
1. Posts in character should be at least 200 characters in length. This would at least temporarily ensure quality in most situations.

While I'm not asking for lengthy, 200 character posts, I would like to ask at least a good sized paragraph! This makes your character a little more open and visible to everyone! I realize that sometimes you just can't post that much, and guess what, that's fine, but every once in a while. If I feel that you've been posting too short for too long, I may message you. Please keep this in mind for future reference =)

(Seperate theme so this shouldn't count as a double post, thanks)

Chrispy
05-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Well I know I post short replies but it's just that I have been stuck in a really bad writers block currently so I post in order to keep up with what is going on

Arami
05-09-2008, 01:12 AM
=O For anyone interested, this is what Moon would look like if he WEREN'T born albino!

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/8208/tekken1kr6.jpg

Smexy =) but he's how he is for a reason. Just thought I would give you that random info x3

Scourge of Amaranth
05-09-2008, 01:52 AM
I think he just means post xD
*cough* SHE, please. I've dealt with cases of 'mistaken identity' one too many times.

Anyways, I'll try to keep my post characters up around that area. You might be landed with a short one every once in a while (life=eep) but for the most part....

Arami
05-09-2008, 03:34 AM
Dually noted, sorry ^-^; I have a tendency of calling people 'him.' Just habit I guess.

Saraibre Ryu
05-09-2008, 03:50 AM
I've not an idea what to post except more sharp comments from Asani since everyone posts alot when I'm not online. Anyone want to give me a bit of an update of who is exactly talking or has talked to Anveena or Asani?

Arami
05-09-2008, 04:56 AM
Alright, in a nutshell: Tyrell is talking to Crystal / hitting on her when Aboco walked in looking for Moon who had escaped into the forest. Shortly after, Aboco left in search of Moon, summoning his Manifest. Tyr is a jerk to the both of you and is basically talking about nothing before he left because he sensed Aboco and Arami's Manifests. Moon is injured with a big thorn in his wing and is panicking atm. I kind of skimmed over the conversations, they weren't directly pretaining to myself or Moon, and kinda just between Try and Crystal.

Saraibre Ryu
05-09-2008, 05:23 AM
I'll wait until someone adresses Asani, or something catches her attention.

I'll have to apologize that my scanner is acting stupidly weird and that the pictures haven't scanned yet. I'm trying to get it to work since I've revised my plan of scratching them because the pictures are just too large.