PDA

View Full Version : My first thread on Pokemon Elite, RMT

Zenrot
05-10-2008, 02:15 AM
This is my first thread, but I hope that I won't be a stranger here for very long. This is a team I came up with while replaying some older pokemon games, and It has the pokemon that I enjoyed using the most. I'm going to point out my flaws right away: I am AWFUL with EV spread so most of my spreads will be smogon norms. Also, I seem to have difficulty making good synergy between my pokemon, but sometimes it unknowingly works rather well. Also, I don't breed for hidden power specifically because I loathe breeding, so unless I get lucky HP is a no go. Anyway, here we go:

Weavile @ Expert Belt
Adamant/Jolly
Pressure
EV:252 Attack, 200 Speed, 56 HP
~Ice Shard (adamant)/Ice punch (jolly)
~Pursuit
~Brick Break
~Aerial Ace

A physical sweeper. Ice shard for the speed boost if Adamant, and Ice Punch for the extra power if I opt for Jolly. STAB Pursuit hits anything that flees for a good amount of damage. Brick Break is for steels, and AA is mostly for Heracross so if you could reccomend a replacement (that is better, not just any replacement) that would be great.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant
Technician
EV: 252 Attack, 152 Speed, 104 HP
~Iron Head
~U-Turn
~Pursuit
~Brick Break

Choice Banded Scizor. STAB Iron Head hits hard, and U-Turn is to scout counters (although I am considering X-Scissor). Pursuit for anything that wants to run, Brick Break gives good coverage.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Serious/Modest
Flash Fire
EV: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Dragon Pulse
~Explosion

Scarftran. Should I use serious so I don't hamper the power of Explosion, or just modest anyway? Fire Blast is strong and STAB, and I really haven't had major accuracy difficulty before so I think flamethrower isn't necessary. Earth Power has coverage, Dragon Pulse because I didn't get HP Ice.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold
Natural Cure
EV: 252 HP, 220 Defense, 36 Speed
~Grass Knot
~Leech Seed
~Recover
~Heal Bell

A cleric pokemon, annoys with leech seed + Lefties recovery. If I take a MAJOR gash, then I have recover. Grass Knot seems like a more reliable option over Energy Ball since alot of OU's are very heavy, and psychic has 0 coverage so bleh.

Regice @ Leftovers
Calm
Clear Body
EV: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Sleep Talk
~Rest

Rest talk AND boltbeam so I have coverage and good healing. Who needs blissey anyway right? A pretty sturdy special wall to my experience.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid/Naive
Levitate
~Hypnosis
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt
~Focus Blast (timid)/Focus Punch (naive)

Special Sweep Genger. Hypnosis for sleeping (duh..) Shadow Ball is a good special STAB. I can't decide which to use between Focus Blast or Focus Punch, some input would be great.

Any comments are greatly appreciated, and I take everything into conisderation so If you have an opinion PLEASE post it. Thank you in advance for your help.

Fire Away
05-10-2008, 02:43 AM
Go with Jolly on Weavile. Adamant isn't worth losing out on speed.

If you're going with Explosion Heatran, use Rash.

Regice is pretty bad this gen due to Stealth Rocks. 25% is a lot of health for a wall to lose everytime it switches in, and since its job is to wall things, you'll be switching in a lot.

The team is very weak to fire attacks in general. Azelf in particular gives you a lot of trouble after a Nasty Plot, being able to nail Regice with Flamethrower coming off of a 698 Sp. Attack stat (which will often OHKO with the aforementioned SR damage). With HP Fighting, he can also destroy Heatran.

Adding Spiritomb would help, perhaps over Gengar.

Zenrot
05-11-2008, 01:54 AM
Go with Jolly on Weavile. Adamant isn't worth losing out on speed.

If you're going with Explosion Heatran, use Rash.

Regice is pretty bad this gen due to Stealth Rocks. 25% is a lot of health for a wall to lose everytime it switches in, and since its job is to wall things, you'll be switching in a lot.

The team is very weak to fire attacks in general. Azelf in particular gives you a lot of trouble after a Nasty Plot, being able to nail Regice with Flamethrower coming off of a 698 Sp. Attack stat (which will often OHKO with the aforementioned SR damage). With HP Fighting, he can also destroy Heatran.

Adding Spiritomb would help, perhaps over Gengar.
If Regice's stealth rock weakness is a huge liablility, would it be better to attempt a special walling spiritomb over it instead of replacing gengar?

Fire Away
05-11-2008, 05:21 PM
TBH, if you want a special wall, just use Blissey. If you're going to cry about how everyone uses her, I'm not really interested. Spiritomb can't "special wall" in the way that things like Blissey or Snorlax can. It's more of a defensive Pokemon added to counter specific threats in a team.

Viva la Gofre
05-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah spiritomb fails as a dedicated wall. It's typing is nice but its stats really let it down. Blissey makes nasty plot azelf cry, since it cant really fit explosion into it's set.

Zenrot
05-11-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't really care who uses what, but I only use pokemon that I like, and I hate blissey. Its a fat pink nurse... no thanks.

Fire Away
05-11-2008, 08:52 PM
I don't really care who uses what, but I only use pokemon that I like, and I hate blissey. Its a fat pink nurse... no thanks.

Then you're in the wrong forum. Blissey is what's best for this team, and if you're not going to use her on the grounds that you dislike her appearance, then you're not taking competitive battling very seriously at all.

Not that this is a "pokemonz r srious biznes" post, butif you want to win, you'll use what you have to.

Zenrot
05-11-2008, 08:59 PM
haha, im not saying that I am anti-win, but in no way will I also forfiet the freedom to use or not to use a certain pokemon. I've used blissey before, and I didn't like it. I won't be using it again anytime soon. That doesn't automatically doom me to failure, plenty of teams opt out of using blissey and can operate just fine.

Mitsuzo-kun
05-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Besides, Gengar isn't doing that much for this team anyways, besides Hypnosis. Heatran is a much better Special Sweeper IMO, and to use Focus Punch you'd need a neutral nature towards attack, lowering your defense / special defense and making him easier to kill.

I'd go with what Fire Away said. This team would benefit from Blissey, so I'd use her.

Then you're in the wrong forum. Blissey is what's best for this team, and if you're not going to use her on the grounds that you dislike her appearance, then you're not taking competitive battling very seriously at all.

Not that this is a "pokemonz r srious biznes" post, but if you want to win, you'll use what you have to.

QFT.

;3

Btw, if you really don't want to use Blissey, opt for Spiritomb over Gengar then.

Zenrot
05-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Besides, Gengar isn't doing that much for this team anyways, besides Hypnosis. Heatran is a much better Special Sweeper IMO, and to use Focus Punch you'd need a neutral nature towards attack, lowering your defense / special defense and making him easier to kill.

I'd go with what Fire Away said. This team would benefit from Blissey, so I'd use her.

QFT.

;3

Btw, if you really don't want to use Blissey, opt for Spiritomb over Gengar then.
Okay, well I replaced Regice with Blissey. It sucks blissey looks so stpuid because chansey is one of my favorite pokemon. Anyway, updates and changes:

Change 1:
Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold
Natural Cure
EV: ?
~Ice Beam
~Seismic Toss
~Thunder Wave
~Softboiled
This goes over Regice.

Change 2: Replace expert belt with CB on weavile.

Change3:
Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant
Technician
EV: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Def.
~Swords Dance
~Quick Attack
~U-Turn
~Brick Break
New Scizor set.

Change 4: Removed Gengar for this
Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
Torrent
EV: 240 HP, 216 Defense, 52 Special Attack
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam
~Surf
~Stealth Rock
This should help my fire weakness and give me a more versatile team member.

Change 5: Removed Heatran for this
Salamence @ Choice Specs
Modest
Intimidate
~Draco Meteor
~Dragon Pulse/HP ICE
~Flamethrower
~Hydro Pump
Has speed that heatran lacks, so I can focus on his power with the Choice Specs.