PDA

View Full Version : Project YGO

Kenny_C.002
05-15-2005, 04:05 AM
What? We'll see how this goes anyway. This is going to be PE2K's first YGO set made custom (sorta) by us. Essentially we make the cards, somebody compiles them, and we can all play around with them around here. :O So remember for it not to be broken. ;)

So let's get down to business first. The set will contain 60 cards (for it to be easiler to handle). We will have 30 monsters (6 of each attribute), 18 spells, and 12 traps in the set. I'll be needing some help around here to get this going as time goes on. I guess we'll just take the first X number of cards given to us and ignore the rest. We'll fix those cards while working on them in different threads and such. I am now saying that we will make one of the cards all together, with people submitting different ideas and we all vote on them, etc. The 60th card will top off as the only secret rare in the set.

Anywho, the first thing (as any) to do with this is to decide on a major theme and a major mechanic for the set.

The Major theme decides on what the card names and flavour should be. For example, a theme on The Old West will include cards that mention guns and stuff, while a set based on Greek Mythology will harbour cards that mention gods and such. I certainly have no idea on this stuff, so I'll leave it to you guys for suggestions (I'll take the first couple and put it on a poll).

The second is the actual gameplay mechanic itself. This sets the actual feel of the cards that should appear in at least half of the set. An example of a major mechanic theme (okay two, and they're on the list for voting):

Discard
This theme bases itself on discarding thimgs from your hand. So basically things happen when you discard (like magic thorn), or you can cause discard (delinquent duo), or you can discard a card to do something (like tribute to the doomed), or just palin discarding acard for its effect (like kuriboh). Can you think of ways to utilize discard? ;)

Removal
Removal consists mainly on removing stuff from hands, zones, decks, and graveyards, and generally deals with the "removed from the game" pile. I'm sure the spirits that special summon with with removing cards from the game are memorable at their taking in the removal theme. Some of the most playable cards deal with removal (hey discard has a lot of playables and plain broken stuff too), so this is definitely a viable choice.

So...submit major themes and major mechanics by replying the this post. The first 5 or 6 themes and the first 3 or 4 mechanics will earn a spot in the polling.

I'm counting on you guys. ;)

Anyone who wishes to help out btw, should contact me via e-mail. Anyone who wants to discuss, find me on AIM (I'm on whenever I remember to double click on trillian). ;)

Kenny_C.002
05-15-2005, 04:05 AM
Theme:
Lord of the Rings (name cards according to LOtR)

Mechanics (the one we're using is BOLDED):
1 Discard
This theme bases itself on discarding thimgs from your hand. So basically things happen when you discard (like magic thorn), or you can cause discard (delinquent duo), or you can discard a card to do something (like tribute to the doomed), or just palin discarding acard for its effect (like kuriboh). Can you think of ways to utilize discard? ;)

2 Removal
Removal consists mainly on removing stuff from hands, zones, decks, and graveyards, and generally deals with the "removed from the game" pile. I'm sure the spirits that special summon with with removing cards from the game are memorable at their taking in the removal theme. Some of the most playable cards deal with removal (hey discard has a lot of playables and plain broken stuff too), so this is definitely a viable choice.

3 Reversal
This mechanic theme has its basis on misdirection. Things are heavily controlling as one competes with countering, redirecting, and reversing (that is, a positive effect becomes a negative effect and vice versa) the intended effects. Do note that this theme may have difficulties standing alone as a set.

4 Graveyard
This mechanic theme focuses on the graveyard. That means things going to be entering and exiting the graveyard at record speeds. Card themes here include discarding, graveyard recursion (small amounts), cards that put things into the graveyard, and cards that put things out of the graveyard. Note that I will run a conjunction theme here with discard if it is popular enough.

5 Ritual
This mechanic theme focuses on the unique ritual system that YGO has. This theme focuses on getting out ritual monsters in alternative ways and also ways to get around the ritual problems. Some monsters may even have special abilities that will make rituals even more attractive. Please note that this set may not stand alone very well since the set may be filled with ritual spells.

6 Storage and Temporary Removal
Yugioh is based on the fact that you can only have up to five monsters and five magic/trap cards on the field. Storage changes this limitation around by allowing the player to play cards, then store them for later use. This theoretically allows more than ten cards to occupy the field.
The player can't simply switch cards between the storage and the field at will. It will cost them to switch cards, though the cost can be determined later. Also, some monster cards will allow cards to be switched between the field and storage.
The actual storage is a simple magic card that is played on the field. Any stored cards go underneath this card.

7 Discard and Graveyard
Yup. 7. Anywho, this is a combination of these two very similar card themes (remember that graveyard does have discard as one of its themes). So with this theme we can definitely play around with many things to make the set interesting. However, this might require an increase of the set's card count to 80 or so.

Usable actual card mechanics that we have thought up:
Reflection

Essentially this does waht it says, it reflects an effect from something to something else that is legal. :) Here's an example:

<cardname>
6/Light/Angel
<cardname> can only be normal summoned.
If a spell or a trap card targets <cardname>, you may have that spell or trap target a different target on the field as long as that card satisfies the conditions on the spell or trap.
2000/2500

Negation

Just as it says, this follows what magic jammer and 7 tools and the like. Since sometimes this is going to creatures, I thought this up:

<Glasskiter>
5/Water/Aqua
Whenever a spell, trap, or monster effect target <Glasskiter> for the first time this turn, counter that spell, trap, or monster effect.
1800/500

Refraction

This is a variation on reflection, where basically instead of reflecting the effect, a DIFFERENT effect is "reflected", essentially it's more "refracted". ;)

<Babyface Eater>
3/Earth/Beast
Whenever <Babyface Eater> is targetted by a spell, trap, or monster effect, you may pay 500LP. If you do, negate that effect. You may destroy one monster with 500ATK or less on the field.
1000/1000

Important
First of all, I have noted that ALL reflection cards MUST have a cost and/or chance involved. Since what I call "refraction" is essentially a variation on reflection, well a cost is a cost. Here since the monster itself is WEAKER, the cost is also lower. Generally speaking, a monster with higher value on the field should have higher costs with this mechanic.

Kenny_C.002
05-15-2005, 04:06 AM
Placeholder'd

Kenny_C.002
05-15-2005, 04:24 AM
I liked the idea, and that's why I did throw it out. I personally liked Roman mythology better (just becasue it's basically at whole bunch of mythologies thrown together, including the Greek) tho, and I think yeah that might be a good situation.

But let's just brainstorm ideas first. Maybe there is something BETTER that we can find. Besides, mechanics are pretty important too you know. ;)

HKim
05-15-2005, 04:43 AM
I would like to see more cards dealing in the era of science fiction, specifically space. Perhaps it would be interesting to see alien creatures, robots, and starships.

Kenny_C.002
05-15-2005, 04:50 AM
Hmmm...that's kinda cool with that idea. I can see stuff like advanced lasers and stuff...

Jet
05-15-2005, 07:14 AM
Hmm... maybe, but how about:

1) Norse mythology
2) Legendary creatures; more on Final Fantasy/Golden Sun/RPG stylish
- Diablo, Carbuncle, Ifrit, Shiva, Quezacotl, Leviathan, Ixion, etc
3) Kamigawa-like; a.k.a. Japanese-inspired
4) Or Chinese-inspired
5) StarWars/StarTrek like

meh =P

Kenny_C.002
05-16-2005, 03:57 AM
Ryu, we'll hammer out card stuff later, since we don't even know what the theme and mechanics are yet.

Okay so for themes I got:
- Oriental inspired
- Norse mythology
- RPG theme, drawing from Final Fantasy and Golden Sun

For the mechanics I got:
- Reversal:
This mechanic theme has its basis on misdirection. Things are heavily controlling as one competes with countering, redirecting, and reversing (that is, a positive effect becomes a negative effect and vice versa) the intended effects. Do note that this theme may have difficulties standing alone as a set.

- Graveyard:
This mechanic theme focuses on the graveyard. That means things going to be entering and exiting the graveyard at record speeds. Card themes here include discarding, graveyard recursion (small amounts), cards that put things into the graveyard, and cards that put things out of the graveyard. Note that I will run a conjunction theme here with discard if it is popular enough.

- Ritual:
This mechanic theme focuses on the unique ritual system that YGO has. This theme focuses on getting out ritual monsters in alternative ways and also ways to get around the ritual problems. Some monsters may even have special abilities that will make rituals even more attractive. Please note that this set may not stand alone very well since the set may be filled with ritual spells.

Burn IMO can't really hold itself up far enough to be a major mechanic, but it can be considered as a minor one.

Low-level monsters don't contribute to the theme, rather the theme dictates whether there will be many of those or not.

So we have one more theme and one more mechanic theme to go before I start the poll. Here's what I think right now of the themes and mechanic themes:

1 Greek/Roman Mythology
I like this since the theme still hasn't had its first time yet. Also, mythology tends to lead itself pretty readily on the sets. This also has a great synergy with most of the mechanics proposed.

2 Future Age (e.g. aliens, spaceships, etc.)
I think this theme has a general edge that YGO should push around with, and this is a fresh new direction from where YGO's going. Personally this theme also works fairly well with what we have with the mechanics.

3 Oriental inspired
See #1.

4 Norse mythology
See #1.

5 RPG theme, drawing from Final Fantasy and Golden Sun
From what I know, this is all fine and all too. Personally I'd rather just draw from the real mythologies rather than visiting games but it's still fair game.

1 Discard
This is a tried and true theme that works itself very well into YGO, yet is still fairly new to YGO. I think this is a very good candidate to play around with.

2 Removal
As we know, Dark Crisis and other sets have touched onto this theme before, so we know what this can become. No need for comments. ;)

3 Reversal
Interesting on paper for sure, but this does make the entire set generally unplayable without contribution from an outside set (or the like), and would be horrible in draft. We can go ahead with this, but this is probably best left for the "second set" if this were to continue.

4 Graveyard
See discard.

5 Ritual
See reversal. I do think that this is a BETTER set for standing alone if the two themes were to be compared. Again, this has no effect if you just don't play with just one set.

7 Discard and Graveyard
Yup. 7. Anywho, this is a combination of these two very similar card themes (remember that graveyard does have discard as one of its themes). So with this theme we can definitely play around with many things to make the set interesting. However, this might require an increase of the set's card count to 80 or so.

And that's it! XD

HKim
05-16-2005, 04:59 AM
Storage

Yugioh is based on the fact that you can only have up to five monsters and five magic/trap cards on the field. Storage changes this limitation around by allowing the player to play cards, then store them for later use. This theoretically allows more than ten cards to occupy the field.

The player can't simply switch cards between the storage and the field at will. It will cost them to switch cards, though the cost can be determined later. Also, some monster cards will allow cards to be switched between the field and storage.

The actual storage is a simple magic card that is played on the field. Any stored cards go underneath this card.

Jet
05-16-2005, 09:43 AM
yes, that's good too... how about handsize, or "temporary removal" - as in Interdimensional Matter Transporter, Strike Ninja, D.D. Scout Plane, etc.

Alakazam
05-17-2005, 04:10 PM
For themese, here are the two that I'd love to have:

-Norse Mythology
-Lord of the Rings / Middle Earth ( :P )

Sudo
05-17-2005, 06:37 PM
I would like to see more cards dealing in the era of science fiction, specifically space. Perhaps it would be interesting to see alien creatures, robots, and starships.

I have to disagree, the reason i love Yu Gi Oh is because it takes on a more traditional approach to the names and types of its cards!

Kenny_C.002
05-17-2005, 11:18 PM
Anywho, Lord of the Rings will take the final spot in the flavour section. I'm gonna put up the polls for the two themes now, so sit back and enjoy the ride. XD

Alakazam
05-18-2005, 01:18 AM
Kenny > Awesome.

Sudowoodo > Yeah, I agree with the sentiment. I'd perfer not to go into the realm of futuristic / space combat.

Also, I forgot to mention this before, but this will be PE2Ks 2nd YGO set. The first was Valley of the Damned (VDM) that I ogranized & compiled a while back.

paperfairy
05-18-2005, 01:48 AM
I'm too late, but I'll throw this in anyways:

Shutdown

A Yata-Lock theme- without the Yata. The goal is quickly take down the opponent, making them unable to do much.Then, while vunerable, you strike with quick 4* monsters, like Gemini Elf, Vorse Raider, etc.

-PF

Thoughts: ^_^

Kenny_C.002
05-18-2005, 03:53 AM
Heh, I remember that Brian...thanks for reminding me (hey my card DID make it to secret rare. :D). ;)

But I guess this is the first full fledged systematic set then. lol

This reminds me Brian, you mind throwing the set back up somewhere? I was thinking when this is done, we can then use these 2 sets or something for YGO tourneys and stuff on the board. I think it'll be pretty cool. ;)

Alakazam
05-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Sure, I'll look for it and post it...I think its on my other computer, which means it'll take a while to get, but I'll post it once I find it :P

And yeah, I'd love to be able to use the cards from both of our sets for PE2K duels / tournaments.

Kenny_C.002
05-19-2005, 03:09 AM
Excellent. btw, I'm gonna close the polls in a week or so. ;)

Alakazam
05-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Here's the Valley of the Damned set:

We can move it later if we want to.

VDM-00
THE BEAST
Effect Monster
[Dark/Dragon/7-2750/1900]
Effect: To normal summon this monster, you must remove the top card of your deck from the game. Once during your turn, you
may pay 1000 life points to search your deck for a [Mark of the Beast] card. The attack and defense strengths of this monster
are increased by 100 for each monster of Dark main type on the field. When this monster is destroyed, you may destroy one
face-up light type monster on the field.
Secret Rare

VDM-01
DEATH BRINGER
Normal Monster
[Dark/Fiend/4-1900/1000]
Super Rare

VDM-02
SHIELDED NINJA
Normal Monster
[Earth/Warrior/4-800/2000]

VDM-03
SUITSU, SAMURAI NINJA
Normal Monster
[Earth/Warrior/5-1900/400]

VDM-04
GOBLIN RIOT
Normal Monster
[Dark/Fiend/2-600/450]

VDM-05
LIZARD OF TWISTED FATE
Normal Monster
[Dark/Reptile/5-2100/1900]

VDM-06
FALLEN ANGEL CORTHOS
Normal Monster
[Dark/Fiend/4-1800/1100]

VDM-07
FALLEN ANGEL DAMIEN
Normal Monster
[Dark/Fiend/8-2700/2700]
Super Rare

VDM-08
FALLEN ANGEL REPTAH
Normal Monster
[Dark/Fiend/3-1600/900]

VDM-09
ANTHROUS, THE FIGHTER
Normal Monster
[Earth/Warrior/5-2100/2000]
Rare

VDM-10
FAN LIZARD
Normal Monster
[Earth/Reptile/4-1200/2000]
Rare

VDM-11
ENT WATCHER
Normal Monster
[Earth/Fairy/3-1350/1100]

VDM-12
SCORCHING FERN
Normal Monster
[Fire/Plant/4-1600/600]

VDM-13
GROUNDED PTERROR
Normal Monster
[Earth/Winged-Beast/3-1200/600]

VDM-14
ZERO
Normal Monster
[Earth/Warrior/2-600/100]

VDM-15
ASSAULT MECH
Normal Monster
[Earth/Machine/7-2000/2500]
Rare

VDM-16
LEGENDARY GOLD ARMOR SAMURAI
Normal Monster
[Light/Warrior/5-1300/2700
Rare

VDM-17
SPIRITCATCHER
Effect Monster
[Light/Machine/4-1700/900]
Effect: When this card is summoned or special summoned, you may remove X cards in your hand from play. Increase this
monster's attack by X00.
Super Rare

VDM-18
PEDIATRIS, THE HEALER
Effect Monster
[Light/Spellcaster/6-1500/2000]
Effect: FLIP: Gain 200 life points for each card in your magic/trap zone when this card is fliped. The effect doesn't happen

if it gets flipped in battle.

VDM-19
VOLVASIX
Effect Monster
[Fire/Animal/4-2000/1000]
Effect: If you control any other monsters on the field, this monster cannot attack.

VDM-20
STEEL EAGLE
Effect Monster
[Wind/Winged Beast/4-1600/1200]
Effect:FLIP: Increase this monster's attack strength by 300.
Rare

VDM-21
ARONGU, THE REAPER
Effect Monster
[Dark/Fiend/2-1000/300]
Effect: This monster may not be destroyed by battle; if it is the target of a magic or trap card, it is immediately
destroyed. When this monster attacks, you may reduce its attack strength to 100 to allow it to attack your opponent's life
points directly. At the end of a battle phase where you reduced this monster's attack strength, it is increased to 1000. Each
time this monster successfully attackts your opponent directly, put a magic counter on this card. You may remove three magic
counters from this card to destroy one of your opponent's monsters.
Rare

VDM-22
FALLEN ANGEL MELKOR
Effect Monster
[Dark/Fiend/6-2200/1800]
Effect: This monster is not effected by monster effects. Negate the effects of monsters destroyed by this one.
Ultra Rare

VDM-23
FALLEN ANGEL XIO
Effect Monster
[Dark/Fiend/7-2000/1900]
Effect: This monster's attack strength is increased by 100 for every magic card in your graveyard. It's defense strength is
increased by 100 for every trap card in your graveyard.
Super Rare

VDM-24
SECRET BOOK OF DESTRUCTION
Normal Magic
Effect: Select on monster on your opponent's side of the field. Decrease your Life Points by that monsters attack strength,
and send the chosen monster to the graveyard.

VDM-25
ENCHANTRESS OF LIGHT
Effect Monster
[Light/Fairy/4-1500/1000]
Effect: During you draw phase, you may choose not to draw a card. If you do, you may shuffle target card in any graveyard
back to its owner's deck. If you don't, increase your life points by 800.

VDM-26
CLONING MACHINE
Normal Magic
Effect: Pay 2000 life points. Select one monster on the field and special summon a monster of the same name from your deck or
hand.

VDM-27
MAN WITH NO WILL TO LIVE
Effect Monster
[Dark/Fiend/1-100/0]
Effect: At any time during your turn, you may sacrifice this monster face up to destroy one card in your opponent's
magic/trap zone.

VDM-28
SAVING SPITE
Continuous Magic
Effect: As long as this card is face up on the field no monster with [Fallen Angel] in its name may be summoned, special
summoned, or flip summoned. You must pay 200 points of LP to keep this card on the field. If you cannot pay it this card is

destroyed.

VDM-29
GLIGIRO, THE APPOINTED ONE
Fusion Effect Monster
[Light/Spellcaster/9-2950/3500]
[Pediatris, The Healer] + [Anthrous, the Fighter] + [Arongu, the Reaper]
Effect: Whenever a trap card is activated from either side of the field, the player that activated that trap must discard
three cards from their hand.
Ultra Rare

VDM-30
MANA GODDESS, MISTRESS OF NAMES
Effect Monster
[Light/Fairy/5-1900/900]
Effect: You may sacrifice this monster face up to change the name of any card on the field, in either player's hands, or in
either graveyard. This effect lasts for the rest of the duel.
Super Rare

VDM-31
CECILIA, MISTESS OF VOCATION
Effect Monster
[Light/Fairy/4-900/800]
Effect: You may sacrifice this monster face up to change a card on the field to a card type that it is not already (card
types: monster, magic, trap). Regard the chosen card as the new card type for the rest of the duel.
Rare

VDM-32
MICHIRU, MISTRESS OF RANK
[Light/Fairy/4-1900/1000]
Effect: You may sacrifice this card face up and choose one of your opponent's monsters. When you do, remove any number of
monsters from your graveyard from the game. Reduce the star level of the chosen monster for each removed card.

VDM-33
STEALTH NINJA
Effect Monster
[Dark/Warrior/Effect/8-2200/1500]
Effect: This monster may attack any monster on the field, despite other cards' effects.
Rare

VDM-34
SHINING INVOKER
Effect Monster
[Light/Spellcaster/4-100/500]
Effect:FLIP: Choose a card in your opponent's magic/trap zone and destroy it.

VDM-35
DEMONIC TUTOR
Normal Magic
Effect: Draw a card. Your opponent may choose a card from their deck and put it into their hand. If so, they shuffle their
deck afterwards.
Rare

VDM-36
SCYLLA
Effect Monster
[Earth/Beast/6-2350/900]
Effect: You may choose up to four of your opponent's monsters, and reduce their attack strength (if they are in attack mode)
or defense strength (if they ar in defense mode) by 500. This effect lasts until the chosen monsters are destroyed. You may
only use this effect once.
Super Rare

VDM-37
CHARYBDIS
Effect Monster
[Water/Beast/7-2600/1600]
Effect: You may negate a monster summon (excluding special summon; including flip) by discarding two cards from your hand. If
[Umi] is on the field, this monster cannot be destroyed by battle.
Ultra Rare

VDM-38
DEADLY PASSAGE
Continuous Trap
Effect: This card may only be activated if [Scylla] and [Charybdis] are on the field. Whenever your opponent attacks with a
monster, toss a coin and call it. If you call it correctly, the monster attacks itself. If [Scylla] or [Charybdis] leave the
field, this card is destroyed.

VDM-39
TOWERS OF THE CASTLE
Continuous Magic
Effect: While this card is face up on the field, no Warrior type monsters can be targetted by attacks in your opponent's
battle phase. All magic or trap cards specifically designating any warrior type monster as a target are negated. You must pay
500 points of LP to keep this card out on the field, if you cannot this card is destroyed and removed form play.
Rare

VDM-40
ARENA OF THE UNDEAD
Field Magic
Effect: All Zombie-type monsters are unaffected by this card. Whenever a monster is summoned (including flip and special
summon), reduce the monster's defense strength to 0, and increase the monster's attack strength by the same amount. The
monster's subtype is now zombie. When this card leaves the field, any affected monsters revert to their orginal types and
attack/defense strengths.

VDM-41
SHENDU
Normal Monster
[Fire/Dragon/9-2850/2100]
Ultra Rare

VDM-42
SILVOS, ROGUE ELEMENTAL
Effect Monster
[Earth/Plant/10-2500/1600]
Effect: If this card attacks a Monster in defense mode and this Monster's attack strength is greater than that Monster's
defense strength, do Battle Damage to your opponent equal to the difference.
Super Rare

VDM-43
FALLEN ANGEL ZIANN
Effect Monster
[Dark/Fiend/4-1000/1800]
Effect: As long as this card is on the field, all of your monsters with "Fallen Angel" in their name gain the ability to
reduce their attack strength to 200 during your battle phase to allow them to attack directly (even if there are monsters on
your opponent's side of the field). The stats of a monster who uses this ability returns to normal after your battle phase.

Alakazam
05-19-2005, 03:35 PM
(post overflow)

VDM-44
DIOBOLICAL CONGREGATION
Normal Magic
Effect: Search your deck for a card with "Fallen Angel" in it's name and put in in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

VDM-45
HADES RUBY
Continuous Magic
Effect: As long as this card is on the field, none of your monsters with "Fallen Angel" in it's name can be affected by trap
cards.
Super Rare

VDM-46
HADES EMERALD
Continuous Magic
Effect: As long as this card is on the field, none of your monsters with "Fallen Angel" in it's name can be affected by magic
cards.
Super Rare

VDM-47
HADES INDESTRUCTIBLE CRYSTAL
Permanent Trap
Effect: You may only activate this card if [Hades Ruby] and [Hades Emerald] are in your magic/trap zone. To activate this
card (which you may do at any time that you can), you must discard [Hades Ruby] and [Hades Emerald] and discard a card from
your hand to the graveyard. As long as this card is on the field, your monsters with "Fallen Angel" in their names cannot be
destroyed in any way. During your standby phase, you must pay 1000LP or destroy this card.
Ultra Rare

VDM-48
ELEMENTAL DRAGON
Effect Monster
[Light/Dragon/7-2500/2000]
Effect: During your standby phase, you may pay 100 life points to change this monster's attribute. You may not change this
monster's attribute to Divine.

VDM-49
LOTUS BIND
Permanent Trap
Effect: While this card is face-up on the field, effect monsters cannot attack. During your standby phase, pay 500 life
points or destroy this card.

VDM-50
DEEP BURIAL
Permanent Magic
Effect: All monsters in both graveyards cannot be special summoned. During your standby phase, remove a monster from your
graveyard from the game or destroy this card.
Rare

VDM-51
WORDS OF TIDINGS
Permanent Magic
Effect: During you draw phase, you may choose to pay 500 life points instead of drawing a card. If you do, return a face-down
magic or trap card on the field to its owner's hand.

VDM-52
MARK OF THE BEAST
Equip Magic
Effect: Take control of the equipped monster. The equipped monster is regarded as type Dark/Fiend. If this card is destroyed,
the equipped monster is destroyed.
Super Rare

VDM-53
X, THE MYSTERIOUS PROTECTOR
Effect Monster
[Light/Spellcaster/7-2700/2000]
Effect:If your opponent attacks a monster in attack posistion with an attack strength of 1500 or less that attack is

redirected to this monster.

VDM-54
DARK TOWER OF THE ABYSS
Field Magic
Effect: While this card is face up on the field, whenever a player loses life points as a result of the attack of a Dark-type
monster, that player must discard a card at random from his hand.

VDM-55
SWEEPING BEAM OF LIGHT
Instant Magic
Effect: Activate all face down magic and trap cards on the field. If the timing of any card triggered in this way is
incorrect, it is immediately destroyed.

VDM-56
MASTER NECROMANCER
Fusion Monster / Effect
[Dark/Spellcaster/6-1800/2600]
[Dark Magician] + [Magician of Black Chaos]
Effect: This monster may only be special summoned by fusion summoning the required monsters. You may discard the top card of
your deck to attack your opponent's life points directly. You may pay 1000 life points to play a trap card from your hand
face-up, activating it immediately. If the timing for the trap card is incorrect, it is immediately destroyed.
Secret Rare

Jet
05-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey I remember some of those, in fact, some of those are mine... which ones are again? I can only remember Volvasix, Shining Invoker and Elemental Dragon.

must make more decent cards for it to make it to the set lol

Kenny_C.002
05-20-2005, 03:32 AM
Nice. I don't remember what cards I made either, but it's all good. Anywho...it's so exciting to see which themes will win. XD

Kenny_C.002
05-28-2005, 04:04 AM
*double posting because I can XD No, it's just to update....*

Anyway, the main mechanic theme is Reversal. This means that we have to think of some mechanics to play around with, main mechanics that we can use for a good number of cards...

I was thinking about it, but the main reversal theme was essentially reflection and plus/minus switching. Quite frankly the only thing that can work is reflection here (as plus/minus is a crap mechanic to even consider). Anything else to think of?

Now since reversal IMO is probably not going to make it into the set without having a lot of holes and stuff, I guess the secondary mechanic will be countering if needed be.

Now here's an example of reflection that we can use:

<cardname>
6/Light/Angel
<cardname> can only be normal summoned.
If a spell or a trap card targets <cardname>, you may have that spell or trap target a different target on the field as long as that card satisfies the conditions on the spell or trap.
2000/2500

An example of countering in a different way:

<Glasskiter>
5/Water/Aqua
Whenever a spell, trap, or monster effect target <Glasskiter> for the first time this turn, counter that spell, trap, or monster effect.
1800/500

I named it Glasskiter because this ability I call it the "Glasskite" ability (long story). So technically speaking, countering isn't always the same thing, and reflection...well we'll be needing some other forms of it, such as combining countering with it :O

Anywho, any mechanics that can work on it that you think is better? If so, speak up. If not, get to work. We'll name the cards according to flavour after, since we don't have that decided by the polls yet.

Jet
05-30-2005, 04:07 PM
lol, glasskite. good theme, but there should be also a "chanced" immunity; AKA the Archfiends; roll a die, maybe even flip a coin before an effect actually happens

Alakazam
05-31-2005, 12:11 AM
So....what is the theme going to be? (LotR, space, mytholgy, etc.)

Kenny_C.002
05-31-2005, 04:20 AM
I'll give you the choice Brian, then. ;)

Either a) we go ahead with Roman/Greek theme, or b) we wait until somebody votes to break the tie between Roman/Greek vs. LOtR. Truely speaking, I know nothing about LOtR other than the 4 books (I read the Hobbit also), and that was like a year or two ago. So I'm more limited away from Roman/Greek theme. I personally preferred it since it ties in with the Egyptian theme also...

If there should be a tie-breaker during the time before your decision, I'm going with that.

Alright, chance themed eh...

<Thunder Jitte>
Equip Spell
If a spell or a monster effect destroys the equipped monster or <Thunder Jitte>, flip a coin. If heads, negate that effect and destroy the source of the effect. If tails, You lose 1000LP.
The equipped monster gets 500ATK.

Rulings:
- Any and ALL effects that may destroy this card or the equipped monster can be negated this way, which includes dark hole, MST, raigeki, man-eater bug, etc.
- This effect is placed on the chain as soon as the destruction of the spell or the monster is declared.
- If the monster is negated this way, that monster is destroyed imediately as part of the resolution of the negation. This means THAT MONSTER CANNOT BE SAVED UNLESS YOU CHAIN AN EFFECT SAVING THE MONSTER IN THE FIRST PLACE, YOU CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE COIN IS FLIPPED AND THE NEGATION IS DECIDED TO SAVE THE MONSTER. THE COIN FLIPPING IS PART OF THE RESOLUTION OF THE ABILITY
- If tails, the effect happens as usual
- This effect is MANDITORY
- This effect does not include tributing nor any other forms of removal, such as spellbinding circle or DD Warrior Lady, ONLY the destruction of either card
- If a spell or monster effect destroys BOTH the equipped monster and the spell, put 2 of the ability on the chain. Either one can resolve to negate the effect (i.e. you have 2 chances at negating Final Destiny, for example), and if the first negates the spell/monster effect, THE SECOND TIME ALSO RESOLVES WITH THE COIN FLIPPING AS USUAL, AND ONLY FIZZLES IF IT IS A HEADS
- This effect does not trigger to combat
- This effect does not trigger to anything that does not resolve in chain format (I don't think there is something like this yet, but better to have this stick around anyway. ;))
- The equip spell GOES TO THE GRAVEYARD WITHOUT TRIGGERING THE ABILITY IF THE MONSTER IS REMOVED FROM PLAY SOMEHOW, OR IS BOOK OF MOON'D
- If I missed any other scenerio, tell me ;)

So something like that right?

Alakazam
05-31-2005, 06:50 PM
I choose LotR, then. I've read the trilogy, The Hobbit, The Sillmarillion, as well as a bit of the "History of Middle Earth" series compiled by Christopher Tolkien based on JRRs writings.

Bleh, I really don't like chance as a game mechanic, but I'll go with it if its what we want to do.

Incongruity
05-31-2005, 07:15 PM
<Illuvatar>
Effect Monster
ATK 99999999999999 / DEF 99999999999999
stars *********************

effect: own

Kenny_C.002
05-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Uhhhh....you know the point was..actually that's not a bad idea. Jet, what's your choice: LOtR or Roman/Greek Mythology? sk or anyone else who wants the third and final vote, post it.

1 - LOtR
0 - Roman/Greek Mythology

There, it'll be settled with this tiny vote instead, since the thread with this original isn't helping at all...

Anywho, I don't mind a chance theme onto it mainly because reflection and negation is too powerful a weapon/mechanic that either you have to throw in chance or a cost. Besides that point, chance will only serve a small portion of the main theme anyway, it's like a small mechanic in itself. Mainly we will use the other thing: cost.

Oh, a new form of the reversal mechanic I thought up: refraction

<Babyface Eater>
3/Earth/Beast
Whenever <Babyface Eater> is targetted by a spell, trap, or monster effect, you may pay 500LP. If you do, negate that effect. You may destroy one monster with 500ATK or less on the field.
1000/1000

First of all, I have noted that ALL reflection cards MUST have a cost and/or chance involved. Since what I call "refraction" is essentially a variation on reflection, well a cost is a cost. Here since the monster itself is WEAKER, the cost is also lower. Generally speaking, a monster with higher value on the field should have higher costs with this mechanic. But then again, <Babyface Eater> is a good solution to the reaper. ;)

Yeah and this mechanic itself is simple enough to test out and stuff. I kinda like it. :)

About Secret Rares

Well here I was thinking about possibly doing one secret rare out with the public, kinda like a card that everybody can work on. I'm not sure if we can do this mainly because Project YGO isn't really all that hot right now, but I think we should keep that in mind.

I'm also thinking of actually making a trap/spell card a secret rare, but this will probably need quite a bit of brain power. Probably us 3 (Jet, Brian, I). XD

Incongruity
05-31-2005, 11:21 PM
I personally think we could do both in one set

however, if I must choose, I think LotR would be better

Kenny_C.002
05-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Alright then it's decided. This theme will be LOtR, and the next set (if we were to make one) will be of Roman/Greek Mythology. Since a mixture of the two doesn't feel coherent, that's why I chose it this way.

Anywho, I'm leaving the naming of stuff to you (if cardnames are NOT named), Brian, since you're the LOtR man. XD