PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice

the_wolf
05-13-2008, 12:33 AM
Okay, so I want to build a team for Shoddy using some of my favorites. I'm not sure about the arrangement of each member just yet. This is what I have so far and I'm lookin for advice on what I might need:

Hariyama@Choice Band/Leftovers
Impish 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Def
-Knock Off
-Cross Chop
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch

I love fighting types and Hariyama's uniqueness seems hard to pass up. The elemental punches provide great coverage and his decent defenses allow him to survive enough hits do some pretty good damage.

SlowKing@Leftovers
Calm 212HP/44S.Atk/252S.Def
-Surf
-Slack Off
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot/Calm Mind

Not sure about the last slot here. I like Slowking and this set seems to be a great way to use him.

Steelix@leftovers
Relaxed 252HP/120Atk/138 S. Def
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Fang/Gyro Ball/Stone Edge
-Explosion

Really not sure about the last slot, again. A great physical wall, even with his weaknesses to 3 of the most used attacking types but i like it anyway.

Flygon@Life Orb
Naive
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Roost
-Fire Blast

My favorite pokemon, this set allows him to use the one thing Garchomp can't, Roost^^. He may be inferior in almost everyway, but accomplishes alot non the less.

Roserade@Choice Specs
Timid4HP/252S.Atk/252Spd
-Leaf Storm
-HP Fire
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball

Roseade's in the 5th slot as of now, she adds multiple weaknesses that may hinder this teams potential but she's the only thing I have in mind for a speedy attacker.

Open to suggestions as always, as well as the last member. Thanks again for any help.^^

eerie
05-13-2008, 05:22 AM
Okay, so I want to build a team for Shoddy using some of my favorites. I'm not sure about the arrangement of each member just yet. This is what I have so far and I'm lookin for advice on what I might need:

Hariyama@Choice Band/Leftovers
Impish 76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Def
-Knock Off
-Cross Chop
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch

You could try Leftovers over CB. Ice Punch can be replaceable.

I love fighting types and Hariyama's uniqueness seems hard to pass up. The elemental punches provide great coverage and his decent defenses allow him to survive enough hits do some pretty good damage.

SlowKing@Leftovers
Calm 212HP/44S.Atk/252S.Def
-Surf
-Slack Off
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot/Calm Mind

This looks like the set for the standard Slowbro.

Not sure about the last slot here. I like Slowking and this set seems to be a great way to use him.

Steelix@leftovers
Relaxed 252HP/120Atk/138 S. Def
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Fang/Gyro Ball/Stone Edge
-Explosion

Now I don't know if this or Hariyama should be lead.

Really not sure about the last slot, again. A great physical wall, even with his weaknesses to 3 of the most used attacking types but i like it anyway.

Flygon@Life Orb
Naive
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Roost
-Fire Blast

Just remember to use Roost on walls w/o Ice Beam. Also, keep in mind that Flygon utilizes Draco Meteor better & has U-turn if you want to change the set.

My favorite pokemon, this set allows him to use the one thing Garchomp can't, Roost^^. He may be inferior in almost everyway, but accomplishes alot none the less.

I know I'm in dire need of a speedy special attacker and one other member. I need help finding out what this team needs and how it will fair in the competitive environment.

You'll need something for revenge-killing & special walling. Good luck. :happy:

the_wolf
05-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Well I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with steelix leading, even if it means a fast stealth rock set up. Hariyama can deal pretty well with Tyranitar, Gyarados and Weavile leads and if I replace Ice punch with Fire Punch, Bronzong shouldn' be too big of a problem, provided it isn't using Extrasensory.

Slowbro and Slowking are virtually the same, but with reverse defences. I wanted Slowking for his better special defense. I could really seperate him from his brother by putting Nasty Plot, but is he even a good user of the move?

Thanks for the advice eerie, any suggestions on the two final members?

Zenrot
05-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Well I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with steelix leading, even if it means a fast stealth rock set up. Hariyama can deal pretty well with Tyranitar, Gyarados and Weavile leads and if I replace Ice punch with Fire Punch, Bronzong shouldn' be too big of a problem, provided it isn't using Extrasensory.

Slowbro and Slowking are virtually the same, but with reverse defences. I wanted Slowking for his better special defense. I could really seperate him from his brother by putting Nasty Plot, but is he even a good user of the move?

Thanks for the advice eerie, any suggestions on the two final members?
I really dont think steelix should lead this team. You could use some strong special attackers ex: Lucario, Heatran, Salamence, Azelf etc.

Zen Chanting
05-15-2008, 03:53 AM
I really dont think steelix should lead this team. You could use some strong special attackers ex: Lucario, Heatran, Salamence, Azelf etc.

Actually, a lead should be something that's pretty fast, can pass, scout, KO most of anything, etc. Not soley physical attackers, hence why Bronzong is used as a lead at times. Even aside from Trick Room.

Zenrot
05-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Actually, a lead should be something that's pretty fast, can pass, scout, KO most of anything, etc. Not soley physical attackers, hence why Bronzong is used as a lead at times. Even aside from Trick Room.
Yes, I know what a lead is, which is why I said Steelix shouldn't be the lead. The remarks about the special attackers were just for additions to this team, not lead suggestions.

the_wolf
05-15-2008, 10:11 PM
How about a choice specs Roserade? I isn't horribly slow and function pretty well for a special sweeper:

Roserade@Choice Specs
Timid 4HP/252S. Atk/252Spd
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-HP Ice/Fire
-Shadow Ball

I'm pretty sure thats the standard and 306 speed isn't too bad. If you have any suggestions, as in something with a little more type coverage perhaps, that'll ill the slot, please let me know.^^

Viva la Gofre
05-16-2008, 12:47 PM
HP fire on roserade or steels will laugh at you all day long :)

the_wolf
05-18-2008, 03:22 AM
Edited first post with Roserade, still looking for a final member and maybe a replacement for Roserade.