PDA

View Full Version : question about Swampert

poke123
05-14-2008, 01:30 AM
I have a question about Swampert:

Swampert has a better attack than special attack(assuming its a neutral nature with no EVs)
would Ice Punch and Waterfall be stronger than Ice Beam and Surf?

Ice Beam and Surf are stronger, but they are special attacks. Would Ice Punch and Waterfall be stronger because Swampert has higher attack than Special Attack?

NoobSlayerX3
05-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Wow...thats hard...I used to be very good at this and i belive that waterfall and ice punch would be stronger but not so much that it would make any dramatic difference.

Fire Away
05-14-2008, 05:32 AM
Wow...thats hard...I used to be very good at this and i belive that waterfall and ice punch would be stronger but not so much that it would make any dramatic difference.

The problem is that you're going to be using Surf/Hydro Pump and Ice Beam on bulky grounds/grasses, who are typically quite poor in special defense. Hydro Pump will 2HKO Skarmory. Tell me if Waterfall can do that.

Hydro Pump and Ice Beam also nail Gliscor, Hippowdon, Donphan, Celebi and Tangrowth much better.

Viva la Gofre
05-14-2008, 09:45 AM
As it has been said, mixpert offers a greater coverage. Special attacks usually get what EQ cant. It makes it harder to wall if it can viably threaten either defence

poke123
05-14-2008, 09:25 PM
so surf and ice beam are better options?
(i dont like hyrdo pump because of the accuracy)

Zen Chanting
05-15-2008, 02:24 AM
/facepalm

Everything is relative when speaking on how good moves are. However, as far as power and effectiveness goes, Waterfall/Ice Punch are pretty standard. But, this is only for a physical one-- let me add, that I prefer Earthquake over Ice Punch on a physical set.

Swampert is preffered mixed, rather than soley special; Hydro Pump/Earthquake/Ice Beam/Stealth Rock or Roar or Protect @ Life Orb... If you like the sound of that, I'll give you proper EVs.

CBPert is, I think, Ice Punch/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Waterfall @ Choice Band... I could get you an EV spread on the same terms as above.