PDA

View Full Version : BL/OU Team- Any comments?

Stinky
05-16-2008, 07:51 PM
:]

Staraptor@Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly
Intimidate
EV's: 16HP, 252 ATK, 240SPD
-Brave Bird
-Close Combat
-Quick Attack/Return
-U-turn

Weezing @Leftovers
Bold
Levitate
252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 SPD
-Will o' Wisp
-Pain Split
-Thunderbolt
-Haze

Empoleon@Leftovers
Calm
Torrent
EV's: 252 HP 252 SPDEF, 4 SPD
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

Starmie@Choice Specs
Modest
Natural Cure
252 SPATK, 252 SPD, 4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

Electivire@Expert Belt
Adamant
Motor Drive
252 ATK, 252 SPD, 4 HP
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake

Togekiss@Lum Berry
Modest
Serene Grace
252 HP, 152 SPATK, 104 SPD
-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Aura Sphere

Looking at my team, it would seem I have lots of tanks. Any comments/criticism? I threw this together with a little help from Smogon on EV spreads. ^.^;;

Leman
05-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Put Double Edge>Return on Staraptor. Compared to its other attacks, Return doesn't do enough. :( Jolly would be the best.

I hate that Weezing set. Sludge Bomb is useless, and so is Shadow Ball for the most part. WoW/Pain Split/Haze/Thunderbolt can go in that spot. And you proabably need to give it Impish.

The team is pretty weak to HP Ice Mixape, who can take out pretty much every mon other than Weezing. Flamethrower still hits it pretty hard. Gallade and (to a lesser extentent) Mammoswine, can cause major problems for this team. Your best chance is to revenge kill with Staraptor.

Fire Away
05-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Put Double Edge>Return on Staraptor. Compared to its other attacks, Return doesn't do enough. :( Jolly would be the best.

I hate that Weezing set. Sludge Bomb is useless, and so is Shadow Ball for the most part. WoW/Pain Split/Haze/Thunderbolt can go in that spot. And you proabably need to give it Impish.

The team is pretty weak to HP Ice Mixape, who can take out pretty much every mon other than Weezing. Flamethrower still hits it pretty hard. Gallade and (to a lesser extentent) Mammoswine, can cause major problems for this team. Your best chance is to revenge kill with Staraptor.

I would actually say he's weak to [generic mixed sweeper].

This team is pretty cool overall, but that's the common trend. Mixed Salamence, Mamoswine, Electivire and the aforementioned Infernape break down all of your walls and leave you in a crumpled heap. The fact that your two most offensive mons are quite frail and weak to Stealth Rock hurts as well.

Weezing and Tangrowth are redundant -- IMO, just pick one. Also, as much as I love Lickylicky, he's really the weak link of the team.

My main suggestion would be to add more offense in general. Doing my suggestion opens up two slots for more sweepers/tanks/somethings.

Shun Goku Satsu
05-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I would actually say he's weak to [generic mixed sweeper].

This team is pretty cool overall, but that's the common trend. Mixed Salamence, Mamoswine, Electivire and the aforementioned Infernape break down all of your walls and leave you in a crumpled heap. The fact that your two most offensive mons are quite frail and weak to Stealth Rock hurts as well.

Weezing and Tangrowth are redundant -- IMO, just pick one. Also, as much as I love Lickylicky, he's really the weak link of the team.

My main suggestion would be to add more offense in general. Doing my suggestion opens up two slots for more sweepers/tanks/somethings.

What he said

Keep weezing > Tangrowth or else find somethig else with WoW (which weezing really should have btw)

I would replace frosslass too. Frosslass is UU (your team, you say is BL to OU) She has beautiful speed, awesome coverage and when holdig choice specs can deal pretty nice damage, especially with her coverage.
But you will need to switch after you are stuck using the same attack over and over and this is when persuit 1HKO's you. SR and priority attacks are also her downfall, as is anything which survives a hit from her.

My advice is to pop starmie in her place. Starmie still gets pleanty of speed and a great special attack but is a lot more bulky, can provide rapid spin support for staraptor and doesn't fear status with its natural cure ability.

In lickilickys spot i would introduce a mixed sweeper. Infernape is the popular choice but personally i think electivire fits nicely. He can score a motor drive boost if he switches in on an electric attack aimed at starmie or staraptor, he gets incredable coverage and of course he doesn't fear walls.

Stinky
05-17-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the advice guys; I've accordingly tweaked my team with the following mons:

Weezing @Leftovers
Bold
Levitate
252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 SPD
-Will o' Wisp
-Pain Split
-Thunderbolt
-Haze

Starmie@Choice Specs
Modest
Natural Cure
252 SPATK, 252 SPD, 4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

Electivire@Expert Belt
Adamant
Motor Drive
252 ATK, 252 SPD, 4 HP
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake

Togekiss@Lum Berry
Modest
Serene Grace
252 HP, 152 SPATK, 104 SPD
-Nasty Plot
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Aura Sphere

Taking out Tangrowth, Lickylicky, and Froslass. Any comments on the revised team?

Leman
05-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Starmie doesn't provide much spinning support without Rapid Spin, so you might want to add that. I'd make Vire more mixed, but other than that its fine. Mixed Sweepers still hurt you though.

Shun Goku Satsu
05-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Starmie doesn't provide much spinning support without Rapid Spin, so you might want to add that. I'd make Vire more mixed, but other than that its fine. Mixed Sweepers still hurt you though.
What he said ^_^ lol

With staraptor U-turning out he will defiitley want spin support and you can easily add that to starmies set.

Mixvire requires you take 80 EVs from speed and distribute them into sp.atk and then replace T-punch with T-bolt. Theres a good chance you will get a motor drive boost with staraptor and starmie attracting electric so you wont miss the taken speed too much, and he still outspeeds a lot of threats. T-bolt 1HKO's skarm and prevents him being walled by weezing and other similar walls.

Standard togey, he's a monster ^_^

Fire Away
05-18-2008, 05:38 PM
What he said ^_^ lol

With staraptor U-turning out he will defiitley want spin support and you can easily add that to starmies set.

Mixvire requires you take 80 EVs from speed and distribute them into sp.atk and then replace T-punch with T-bolt. Theres a good chance you will get a motor drive boost with staraptor and starmie attracting electric so you wont miss the taken speed too much, and he still outspeeds a lot of threats. T-bolt 1HKO's skarm and prevents him being walled by weezing and other similar walls.

Standard togey, he's a monster ^_^

Yuck, that mixed set is awful. It can't even OHKO Gliscor with Ice Punch.

If you want to use a Mixed Electivire (your best bet IMO), go with the special based set.

Electivire@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Mild
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 180 Speed, 76 Attack
Cross Chop
Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Flamethrower

This thing really runs through a lot of teams.

Shun Goku Satsu
05-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Yuck, that mixed set is awful. It can't even OHKO Gliscor with Ice Punch.

If you want to use a Mixed Electivire (your best bet IMO), go with the special based set.

Electivire@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Mild
EVs: 252 Sp. Attack, 180 Speed, 76 Attack
Cross Chop
Thunderbolt
HP Ice
Flamethrower

This thing really runs through a lot of teams.
I disagree on my recomended mixvire set being "awful".

Being unable to 1HKO gliscor is not a valid arguement for him being awful. Your set takes away his ability to 1HKO heatran so by your logic that would make your set awful.

Fire Away
05-18-2008, 06:17 PM
I disagree on my recomended mixvire set being "awful".

Being unable to 1HKO gliscor is not a valid arguement for him being awful. Your set takes away his ability to 1HKO heatran so by your logic that would make your set awful.

If a set is designed to break walls and it can't kill a wall that is 4x weak to ice with an ice attack, it's not very good. :|

The physical-based set gets walled by way too much. The special-based set can be stopped as well, but it rips through teams that are unprepared. Just take a look at some of the RMTs here and see how many it ruins.

Shun Goku Satsu
05-18-2008, 06:23 PM
If a set is designed to break walls and it can't kill a wall that is 4x weak to ice with an ice attack, it's not very good. :|

The physical-based set gets walled by way too much. The special-based set can be stopped as well, but it rips through teams that are unprepared. Just take a look at some of the RMTs here and see how many it ruins.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's a wall breaker. He's a sweeper with amazing coverage. By adding T-bot over T-punch it allows him to overcome some of the things that may get in his way.

I don't disagree at all that your recomended set isn't a great one and i didn't suggest he shouldn't use it. I simply object to the fact that the set i posted is awful