PDA

View Full Version : Shoddy Ladder Standard Team

Ataro
05-17-2008, 03:10 AM
I started with this team and edited it a few times and won quite a couple of ladder matches. However, I personally feel that my team might be weak towards electricity although so far, Metagross always help me to take down the electric types or Ice Punching Zapdos.

Yanmega (F, Speed Boost) @ Modest
~Wise Glasses
{4 DEF, 252 SPD, 252 SA}

-Air Slash
-Bug Buzz
-Detect
-Hypnosis

My lead, pretty standard.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

PorygonZ (G, Adaptability) @ Modest
~Choice Scarf
{4 HP, 252 SPD, 252 SA}

-Blizzard
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Tri Attack

Choice Scarf and the given EV set to outspeed almost everything, is also my Zapdos counter and ground type counter. Rather basic.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Staraptor (F, Intimidate) @ Jolly
~Expert Belt
{4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPD}

-Brave Bird
-Close Combat
-Return
-U-Turn

Wildcard.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Aerodactyl (M, Pressure) @ Jolly
~Choice Band
{42 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPD}

-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Stone Edge

Fast enough to cause terror. So far, this guy is really good and kill whatever Metagross can't kill.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Metagross (G, Clear Body) @ Adamant
~Life Orb
{152 HP, 252 ATK, 104 SPD}

-Agility
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Meteor Mash

Agiligross.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Slowking (M, Own Tempo) @ Modest
~Leftovers
{212 HP, 44 DEF, 252 SA}

-Hidden Power Electric
-Nasty Plot
-Slack Off
-Surf

Tankish and able to Nasty Plot when I predict a switch or during suitable turns. So far, have won several Blissey and other mons even with par'd status thanks to Slack Off. Yeah, HP Elec is meant as a surprise.

Leman
05-17-2008, 03:22 AM
Protect>Detect on Yanmega, since it has more PP. You probably don't want to use Wise Glasses, as they are a relatively weak item. Leftovers would be better.

Hail is no where near common enough to warrant the use of Blizzard. Ice Beam is better. Psychic has terrrible coverage. Dark Pulse is better to defeats Ghosts and such.

Staraptor/Aero/Metagross are fine.

Slowbro will fill Slowking's role and do it better. Slowking is a better sweeper thing, with Nasty Plot.

The team is weak to Stealth Rocks, and it lacks real walls. You will need to add one or two at least.

eerie
05-17-2008, 04:39 AM
Zapdos & SR weak. You'll also have a hard time with Bronzong to an extent. Forry or Donphan could work as spinners or Starmie. IDK about replacing Slowking since you might be replacing some of your Pokemon for a Physical Wall. If you go for one of the Slows, get Ice Beam. Aerodactyl & Metagross are fine as Leman said, but one thing I recommend is giving Aero an Expert Belt/ Life Orb since you'll be wanting to revenge-kill many versatile Pokemon with it.
~Good Luck :happy:~