PDA

View Full Version : My first Uber team

Zenrot
05-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah, like it says, my first Uber team, so be nice.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Modest
Drizzle
EV: 4 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
~Surf
~Water Spout
~Thunder
~Ice Beam

Choice Scarf Kyogre lead for the rain. Pretty normal.

Giratina@Leftovers
Impish
Pressure
EV: 252HP, 244Def, 12SpDef
~Will-O-Wisp
~Sleep Talk
~Rest
~Dragon Claw

Another wall. Helps to balance out my lightning weakness and adds more defense than just Lugia.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Bold
Pressure
EV: 252 HP, 204 Speed, 52 Defense
~Roost
~Reflect
~Ice Beam
~Aeroblast/Light Screen

The Great Wall (save giratina). Cant decide to choose aeroblast for another attack or light screen for utility.

Mewtwo @ Choice Specs
Timid
Pressure
EV: 42 HP, 252 Special Attack, 216 Speed
~Aura Sphere
~Ice Beam
~Flamethrower
~Shadow Ball

Mewtwo, the origional pokemon god. Great sweeper who really doesnt need the rain. Thunder would make sense with kyogre but others for me will have it so, yeah.

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Hasty
Pressure
EV: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
~Focus Punch
~Spacial Rend
~Thunder
~Surf

Palkia with rain support kills you. Hard. Lustrous orb over Specs because mewtwo has them and over life orb because I dont want the recoil damage.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Adamant
Air Lock
EV: 252 Attack, 216 Speed, 40 HP
~Outrage
~Dragon Dance
~Earthquake
~Extreme Speed

My main physical threat, he nulls the rain so if someone else tries to take advantage of it I can use rayquaza to null it out. One of the best Pokemon even in the Uber tier (at least to me).

Comments are greatly appreciated since it is my first Uber team, and I will really need some help with it.

Leman
05-25-2008, 01:08 AM
I'd put Thunder> Flamer on Mewtwo seeing that you're gonna be in the rain. You don't really have a counter for Normal Arceus, other than Lugia's Reflect, so look out for that. Thats it... D:<

Viva la Gofre
05-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Biiiig electirc weak :S 4 out of 6 is not good. ScarfTwo, which is on the rise, will nail you. You're also going to have trouble with special walls, because rayquaza is your entire physical offensive. I'd recommend making Palkia to either the CB or bulk up variant listed on smogon, and bring in an electric resist minimum, if not an immunity. It's not a bad team, it just has a couple of major weakness that can be easily changed. I'm not keen on lugia being your sole walling poke either, especially with so little Vs in either defence.

PsygirlGTA54
05-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Gasp! no Wobbuffet?!:eek:

Viva la Gofre
05-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Gasp! no Wobbuffet?!:eek:
Yeah, that's really helpful :|
Btw wobuffet is cheap and sucks in general.

Zenrot
05-26-2008, 02:12 AM
should I maybe swap out an attacker for Giratina? He would help with my lighting weakness. But who would I replace?Perhaps Manaphy?

Viva la Gofre
05-26-2008, 09:30 AM
should I maybe swap out an attacker for Giratina? He would help with my lighting weakness. But who would I replace?Perhaps Manaphy?
That sounds about right, manaphy isnt doing anything for this team really.

Giratina@Lefties
Impish
252HP/244Def/12SpDef
Will-O-Wisp
Sleep Talk
Rest
Dragon Claw

Standard set. Light Screen>>> Aeroblast on lugia so that it can take special attacks. I hate running speed EVs on it myself, but most people deem them important. Consider putting half of them into SpDef.

Zenrot
05-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok, Giratina is def. going over manaphy. I use speed on Lugia to outrun dragons with Ice Beam.

shedinjask
05-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Roar on Giratina/WW on Lugia if you want a chance at stopping Arseus. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

hsb39
05-31-2008, 09:18 AM
Well Giritina (assuming WoW) is one of the best counters to Normal Arceus around. And I would go for Thunder on Mewtwo.

Quick question, I have a Careful Giritina in game and was wanting to pull a similar set (well the same set). But I do Item Clause and Leftovers is usually taken up. What should I go with? Chesto Berry?

shedinjask
05-31-2008, 03:05 PM
I can't tell you how many Giratinas I've outstalled because they didn't have Roar. WoW doesn't stop Arceus. It slows it down, but rarely stops it.

Giratina really does want Leftovers, I guess Lum Berry could work though.

Viva la Gofre
05-31-2008, 04:14 PM
I can't tell you how many Giratinas I've outstalled because they didn't have Roar. WoW doesn't stop Arceus. It slows it down, but rarely stops it.

Giratina really does want Leftovers, I guess Lum Berry could work though.
Without STABed extremespeed and a half-strength shadow claw it is significantly harder for arceus to handle. Giratina is free to pressure stall and restTalk all day long.

Flygon Ruler
05-31-2008, 10:19 PM
lol...After Mewtwo's gone, Shedninja rapes your entire team. You can't do much except give Lugia toxic over lightscreen/aeroblast without changing alot. Every Uber RMT I see always lacks a Shedninja counter.

Mitsuzo-kun
05-31-2008, 10:34 PM
lol...After Mewtwo's gone, Shedninja rapes your entire team. You can't do much except give Lugia toxic over lightscreen/aeroblast without changing alot. Every Uber RMT I see always lacks a Shedninja counter.Girantina has Will-O-Wisp, and Mewtwo most likely won't be able to kill it because it'll have Focus Sash. Status is the best way to go.

Toxic would still be a help though.

hsb39
06-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Well Giritina does have WoW, and Aeroblast off Lugia can hit Shedinja. and you could go for Crunch on Quaza>Extremespeed, but that only has real use on mine as mine has Dragon Claw>Outrage.

shedinjask
06-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Without STABed extremespeed and a half-strength shadow claw it is significantly harder for arceus to handle. Giratina is free to pressure stall and restTalk all day long.
Not when Arceus is faster and 3HKOs it. It's not going to hammer away with Shadow Claw until it steals the free +6 you're giving it.

Flygon Ruler
06-01-2008, 01:30 AM
If Shedninja gets a sword dance, it will 4HKO Giratina with Shadow Sneak (assuming all stats are perfect). Yes...weak is the perfect word for it. But considering Giratina being a wall, it will take alot of hits from earlier damage. If its a little less than half way. Shedninja will be able to 2HKO it. Shedninja isn't brought out till late game. Its risk, but it may work...

Plus, if Giratina is asleep for some reason, he's dead (unless he gets WoW with sleep talk). Or if WoW misses.

But, if he had Toxic on Lugia, Shedninja's dead, because Shedninja can barely phase him.

Zenrot
06-01-2008, 03:22 AM
Wow, I hadn't thought of Shedinja at all. I think I will be ok though (via status)

hsb39
06-01-2008, 04:14 AM
Not when Arceus is faster and 3HKOs it. It's not going to hammer away with Shadow Claw until it steals the free +6 you're giving it.

Not to mention High-Crit-Hit rate of Shadow Claw (you never know). Roar could help, but it won't take that long to take down the Arceus once it is burned. Also, many Uber comps ban Arceus, well I won't go up against Arceus unitl it is possible to obtain it in game without hacking devices.

NeoZero
06-01-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't have that much experince with this but try to use a sub puncher somewhere maybe Darkrai as the even has appeared finally

and Rayqaza with kyogre is useless i beleive

Blood_Flood
06-01-2008, 02:28 PM
you should add in darkrai
Moves:
Darkvoid - Puts opponent to sleep for a while
Dreameater - Hurts opponent and heals some
Nightmare - damages opponent
Darkpulse - is you cant get them to sleep

Viva la Gofre
06-01-2008, 09:49 PM
you should add in darkrai
Moves:
Darkvoid - Puts opponent to sleep for a while
Dreameater - Hurts opponent and heals some
Nightmare - damages opponent
Darkpulse - is you cant get them to sleep
No offense, but that's terrible advice. You have not offered EVs or natures which alone indicates competetive incompetence, then you've suggested a set that is almost completely reliant on sleep. Nightmare is cured by a simple switch out, and dream eater is avoided altogether. You are also incapable of hurting drak types and steel types so dialga will laugh in your face as it sets up. You also fail to take the entire team into account, saying who it should replace and why.

People shouldnt rate without adequate knowledge :|

Flygon Ruler
06-02-2008, 02:23 AM
Wow, I hadn't thought of Shedinja at all. I think I will be ok though (via status)
Haha. Ok... Shedninja's destroy Uber teams late game like dirt. And seeing as you lack any sweeper that can take out shedninja late-game...all you have is giratina. And even giratina will struggle late game with shedninja. After a Sword Dance or two of course. And if Shedninja has trouble with giratina, he'll switch out...

shedinjask
06-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Giratina WoWs Sheddy. You shouldn't be too worried about it.

hsb39
06-07-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't have that much experince with this but try to use a sub puncher somewhere maybe Darkrai as the even has appeared finally

and Rayqaza with kyogre is useless i beleive
No, weather effects don't do anything while Quaza is out, it can be rather useful actually (although I find it more useful on a Groudon team to take out Exceggutor (switch in on the Solarbeam hee hee).