PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy Micro

Daniella Defines Divinity
05-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Reggie shows the Game Boy Micro. Says "I know you haven't seen this. It's a hair bigger and two-thirds the weight of an iPod Mini." It's not new technology, but a new look and has the "best and brightest screen ever in a handheld." Not a successor to DS or GBA, but an extension of portable play. The system can be customized with a wide array of face plates and will hit this fall.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/hw024120467.jpg

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/hw024120466.jpg

Cool ^_^

::JD::
05-17-2005, 07:05 PM
This is cool but I think I'll just get a DS. I'd probably lose it. :oops:

Matt
05-17-2005, 08:10 PM
Most likely much cheaper than a DS. Sounds like a good pick to me.

EDIT: How come it's only you and Murr that come across this stuff?

05-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Most likely much cheaper than a DS. Sounds like a good pick to me.

EDIT: How come it's only you and Murr that come across this stuff?

Because we know where to look XP

You should check all gaming sites over this week, it's E3 so theres tons of stuff about. We post the tuff as soon as it's announced pretty much ^_^

Silver Lightning
05-17-2005, 08:44 PM
That looks cool

05-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Too bad the didn't really add anything new.

Pidgeot79
05-17-2005, 09:45 PM
It looks very sleek. No illumanated screen though?

05-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Actually Game Spot says that it has the best lighting out of the GB series.

MystiKal
05-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Ah nice now I won't have to get one of those awful DS's. This thing looks great hopefully it's the next real Game Boy.

manectrics_shockwave
05-17-2005, 10:55 PM
I'm so sick of all these new systems coming out. I think they need to make a system that plays every single game and stuff. That would be the system I would buy because I havent even gotten a DS yet and I planned on it for my birthday but now these things are coming out. :sad:

The Elite Ygseto
05-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Yeah, i've just been wacthing the Nintendo press confrence (gampspot.com). This think is very interseting looking. I just looked and its SMALLER than my PSP screen. My biggest beef about it is that my hands are 8" from tip of my middle finger to my wrist. So I could fit two of these in my hand.

I hope this thing is cheap, $75 sounds good to me. All it is, is another GBA.

I wounder if another pokemon game would come out on the GBA format because of this? Especially new ones will come out for the DS.

Zenaku
05-17-2005, 11:20 PM
Seems some people are forgetting that it truly is just another Game Boy remake. SP was created due to complaints (GBA size, screen getting dirty, etc) and seeing as how this is supposed to be for people who want to look "stylish", did people complain about the GBAsp looking ugly or something?

Anyway, personally, I dislike the smaller screen size. The text is completely readable according the IGN, but still, I prefer my games to be full-size. I may still get it, but I'll probably play my SP here at home and keep the Micro charged up just in case I need to go anywhere.

MystiKal
05-17-2005, 11:22 PM
I didn't like the SP since my thumbs barely fit on the thing it was so uncomfortable.

05-17-2005, 11:39 PM
This might be worse seeing that the Micro is even smaller than the SP.

Bashaamo
05-18-2005, 12:09 AM
That's incredible! Finally an adult-looking Game-boy!

If this has an MP3 platey, I'm getting it and tossing my ipod!

Resident_Screamo
05-18-2005, 12:17 AM
just wanna point out THIS IS NOT THE GBA SUCSESSOR

this handheld doesnt play DS games (duh only one screen) and isnt more powerfull then psp.. it only plays GBA GAMES..

all in all.. a totally pointless piece of gear revealed by Nintendo... but hey they're learning right.. what ever makes money... its better they're thinking of ways to make money then loose it

The Elite Ygseto
05-18-2005, 01:52 AM
Wow if fan boys heard that they would kill you. XD

I personally am a GB collector (Unfortoanly I had to see some of them (Blue GBA SP, Blue GB pocket, and a Violet GBC)). I'm looking forward to it, especially since my hands are so big I can't hold the SP corectly.

Matt
05-18-2005, 01:58 AM
As am I. I have regular, pocket, color, gba, and gba sp. I'm excited about the micro.

The Elite Ygseto
05-18-2005, 02:07 AM
I'm also excited about the new DS colors, but thats off topic. =P

I hope I can still see the text correctly. IGN says its ok, but everyone has diffrent eyes.

!CeMAn
05-18-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by manectrics_shockwave
I'm so sick of all these new systems coming out. I think they need to make a system that plays every single game and stuff. That would be the system I would buy because I havent even gotten a DS yet and I planned on it for my birthday but now these things are coming out.

i hear ya buddy. wanna hear something rediculous? i don't even have a GBA yet :crackup:!

05-18-2005, 04:13 PM
Manetric, the revolution will play every single nintendo game from the last 20 years, you'll be able to download them all onto it. The Nintedno online will be free, although downloading the games won't be free which is understandable.

You all need to read up on your gaming news more XP

The face on the Micro will be interchangable, kinda like a mobile phone so you can customize it ^_^

mlugia
05-18-2005, 04:35 PM
That's incredible! Finally an adult-looking Game-boy!

If this has an MP3 platey, I'm getting it and tossing my ipod!
Tell me when so I can catch and keep that Ipod! :o

As far as gameboys go, to me this doesn't look as uh... gameboyish. Since I'm not a big fan of things getting smaller, I'd much rather see the start/select buttons next to the AB keys as opposed to having move my thumb 90 degrees to press them ._. Especially a problem for games that you need to press START more often for, like say pokemon.

The Elite Ygseto
05-18-2005, 09:33 PM
The face on the Micro will be interchangable, kinda like a mobile phone so you can customize it ^_^

I would love to paint my own. They should comeout with just a blank plate for painting your own. Or maybe make it black so it maches everything else.

Bashaamo
05-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Tell me when so I can catch and keep that Ipod! :o

As far as gameboys go, to me this doesn't look as uh... gameboyish. Since I'm not a big fan of things getting smaller, I'd much rather see the start/select buttons next to the AB keys as opposed to having move my thumb 90 degrees to press them ._. Especially a problem for games that you need to press START more often for, like say pokemon.

I love the fact that it doesn't look like a game boy! And this will fit great in a pocket. I usually carry on me a cellular phone (Sony-Ericsson S710a) and my iPod mini. I stopped carrying my GBA SP months ago. But now I will be finally able to play decent games (Cell phone Java games suck) and possibly listen to MP3's in one device.

-Bash

The Elite Ygseto
05-18-2005, 11:18 PM
I hope Nintendo makes a Play-Yan for the american market. I would love that.

Bashaamo
05-19-2005, 12:11 AM
I've always wanted a nintendo cell phone. I don't see why they don't get into that market. Sony and Microsoft are way ahead of them in that area.

Micro is so darn small, if they were to make a cell phone-gameboy it would be a helluva lot better than N-Gage.

-Bash

Sudo
05-19-2005, 08:16 PM
It seems to me that Nintendo are just milking the last bit of profit out of selling new systems. I wonder how long they will cary on making GBA games for now :susp:

05-19-2005, 09:04 PM
The GBAs are just becoming smaller and smaller. Soon the GBA will be the smaller than the games themselves. :rolleyes: Nintendo should come up with a fresh new gameboy or concentrate more on the DS.

The Elite Ygseto
05-20-2005, 04:57 PM
The DS and GBA are diffrent systems. They will be working on both, relseaing new games for them. I don't thier point got across to many people since the DS can play GBA games.

Orange_Flaaffy
05-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Meh. I think this whole getting smaller thing is sort of a bad idea. I mean, with the first GBA model they were going on and on about how much bigger the view screen size was and then here we go again with making things smaller :rolleyes: .

More power to the people that wish to buy one, but I like my GBA SP looking like a GB and see nothing un-adult about carrying it around. It fills nicely in my purse, which I take everywhere with me anyway, so I see no shame in it what so ever...

mlugia
05-20-2005, 07:28 PM
I love the fact that it doesn't look like a game boy! And this will fit great in a pocket. I usually carry on me a cellular phone (Sony-Ericsson S710a) and my iPod mini. I stopped carrying my GBA SP months ago. But now I will be finally able to play decent games (Cell phone Java games suck) and possibly listen to MP3's in one device.

-Bash

Well, personally I don't find any attraction in playing a Gameboy if it doesn't look like one :p Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like my games game-looking. I just know one day when I get a cellphone and have a Micro that I'm gonna try answering the phone with the Micro by accident >_<

MystiKal
05-20-2005, 08:02 PM
I love the small look to it plus the cheap price will make me want to get it even more. I just wonder when it is going to be released.

The Elite Ygseto
05-20-2005, 10:11 PM
I don't feel comfotable playing my GBA SP for long peroids of time. (I travle probaly 5 times a year to diffrent places) So there are times where i play for a long time. I loved the design of the orginal GBA and this is very similar.