PDA

View Full Version : Team of a Tragedic Revenge (RMT)

Pokedude378
05-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Sorry, couldn't resist the NiGHTS reference in the topic title, but ANYWAYS! This is my D/P team. It might not be invincible, but to me, it seems to work pretty good.

Fortuna(Carnivine)(F)@Leftovers
Nature: Modest
252 HP, 6 Defense, 252 Special Attack
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Sludge Bomb
-Substitute
Obviously, Fortuna's the SubSeeder of my team. If she survives an attack, she *tries* to Sleep Powder the foe so that she can get away with setting up a Sub, then putting a Leech Seed on them. If I get wary, she'll start using Sleep Powder again even if the foe's asleep so that when they wake up, they'll instantly be put to sleep again! Sludge Bomb's there for other Grass-types.

Bloodwing(Skarmory)(F)@Leftovers
Nature: Impish
252 HP, 96 Attack, 156 Defense, 6 Speed
Ability: Sturdy
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
-Steel Wing
The SRocker. Once she sets up one, she'll either Brave Bird or Steel Wing the foe, depending on type. Roost is there to keep her health up after several Brave Birds. Also, Sturdy's there if someone tries to pull off a OHKO move such as Sheer Cold.

Pearl(Cloyster)(F)@Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Sp. Defense
Ability: Skill Link
-Icicle Spear
-Spikes
-Surf
-Toxic Spikes
Too many Leftovers...but anyways, she's the Double Spiker. She has to find the time to set up as much Spikes as she can and, if and when Fortuna faints, that also applies to Toxic Spikes. If Ninjask just HAPPENS to be my first foe, I switch Fortuna out for this Cloyster, then she can hopefully slice its Substitute AND the Ninjask itself apart with 5 hits from Icicle Spear! And Surf's there for STAB.

Xantara(Luxray)(F)@Light Clay
Nature: Modest
6 HP, 128 Attack, 124 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Ability: Rivalry
-Crunch
-HP Grass
-Light Screen
-Thunderbolt
FINALLY, a Pokemon that doesn't have Lefties! Anyways, Xantara's the mixed sweeper of my team, and probably the only Pokemon I'll ever give Hidden Power to (because finding the best HP type for any Pokemon is a real pain in the neck). She'll use Light Screen to help out her teammates, and HP Grass is there to deal with the pesky Ground-types (i.e., Swampert). Crunch is to try and get an edge over Ghosts.

Dixon(Kabutops)(M)@Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
34 HP, 252 Attack, 96 Defense, 128 Speed
Ability: Swift Swim
-Rain Dance
-Stone Edge
-Waterfall
-X-Scissor
The only male Pokemon here (LOL), but whatever. The Rain Dance sweeper. Stone Edge is for STAB purposes, and Waterfall...is pretty self-explanatory. X-Scissor is to deal with those Grass-types.

Ashley(Weavile)(F)@Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash
Pretty much a standard Weavile. She has Focus Sash just in case a nasty Fighting-type comes around. And if it's Infernape, hopefully it doesn't have Mach Punch...

Well, that's my crew right now! I'd appreciate any advice, but just opinions can be as good.

Fire Away
05-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Intimidate>Rivalry on Luxray

Any version of Electivire, and Scarf Gengar with HP Ice are going to give you huge problems. The popularity of Stealth Rocks on top of the fact that you have no spinner means Weavile no longer has a free switch to Focus Blast/Cross Chop.

In fact, [generic special sweeper] will hurt. The team's defenses on the special side are so low it's scary. Blissey, or at the very least something fairly bulky (Spiritomb, Heatran, Zapdos or something) would help out in a huge way. I'd make room by taking out Cloyster, who is doing a job that Skarmory does much better.

This team is also missing out on some special presence, other than Luxray, who really isn't going to get the job done. I would remove Carnivine to include room for this. Something like Gengar or Heatran would work out well.

A spinner might be nice as well, but it's not essential. If you opt not to go with one, put Choice Band on Weavile instead of Focus Sash.

Starkipraggy
05-29-2008, 06:38 AM
If you're going to try a sleeper lead, go with Roserade. :/ Puts stuff to sleep and can fling big and painful Special Attacks as well.

Mitsuzo-kun
05-29-2008, 09:37 AM
If you're going to try a sleeper lead, go with Roserade. :/ Puts stuff to sleep and can fling big and painful Special Attacks as well.Choice Band Weavile lead OHKO's with Ice Punch, and Choice Scarf Medicham OHKO's with Psycho Cut, even without a CH. Choice Band Ninjask also OHKO's with Aerial Ace. Jolteon 2HKO's with Hidden Power Ice, and can throw up a Substitute to block Sleep Powder and stall with Leftovers recovery.

Crobat is faster than Roserade, can Hypnosis and Taunt a Sleep-Talker, Taunt an incoming wall/tank, U-Turn out, and can Roost to get rid of damage and Electric, Ice, and Rock weaknesses.

I'd personally try Crobat. 216 Speed EVs and a Timid nature outrun Jolly Weavile.

Fire Away
05-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Choice Band Weavile lead OHKO's with Ice Punch, and Choice Scarf Medicham OHKO's with Psycho Cut, even without a CH. Choice Band Ninjask also OHKO's with Aerial Ace. Jolteon 2HKO's with Hidden Power Ice, and can throw up a Substitute to block Sleep Powder and stall with Leftovers recovery.

Crobat is faster than Roserade, can Hypnosis and Taunt a Sleep-Talker, Taunt an incoming wall/tank, U-Turn out, and can Roost to get rid of damage and Electric, Ice, and Rock weaknesses.

I'd personally try Crobat. 216 Speed EVs and a Timid nature outrun Jolly Weavile.

While I agree that Crobat is a better sleeper lead, it just adds another SR/ice/electric weakness to the team. I think that, for this team, Bronzong or Gengar would work out better, as they both add very important resistances and immunities. Bronzong in particular would bolster the team's overall defense, something that it seems to be lacking at the moment.

Starkipraggy
05-30-2008, 04:32 AM
While I agree that Crobat is a better sleeper lead, it just adds another SR/ice/electric weakness to the team. I think that, for this team, Bronzong or Gengar would work out better, as they both add very important resistances and immunities. Bronzong in particular would bolster the team's overall defense, something that it seems to be lacking at the moment.
Now that I look at it, maybe he needs a Blissey. Or a Special Wall of sorts.

rayz321
05-30-2008, 04:46 AM
right totally

ronjocox
05-30-2008, 05:04 AM
Heracross also gives you problems. With Toxic Spikes, it can, like, KO almost everyone on your team.

(I haven't check the calaculator but meh.)

Fire Away
05-30-2008, 05:06 AM

It's like I've heard this somewhere before...

Blissey, or at the very least something fairly bulky (Spiritomb, Heatran, Zapdos or something) would help out in a huge way. I'd make room by taking out Cloyster, who is doing a job that Skarmory does much better.

;D

Starkipraggy
05-31-2008, 02:22 PM
It's like I've heard this somewhere before...

;D
FINE. You win. :3 I just thought I'd bring it up since nobody else said anything and to draw the guy's attention back after reading all our massive posts.

I'm finding Kabutops redudent now. :/ Maybe drop Kabutops for Gliscor? I dunno.

Oh yes, Swords Dance over Aerial Ace on Weavile plox. I know you want to use it to counter Heracross, but SDed Ice Punch is more helpful in the long run than just a Aerial Ace.

Spongebob Number One Fan
06-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Special sweepers aren't the only problem. Any fighter destroys this team REALLY badly. I would take out Cloyster, who really is not good at all, and replace it with a fighting resist to help out Skarmory (who needs the help at the moment).

I would also take out carnivine for some form of special defense, like fire Away mentioned.

Mitsuzo-kun
06-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Oh yes, Swords Dance over Aerial Ace on Weavile plox. I know you want to use it to counter Heracross, but SDed Ice Punch is more helpful in the long run than just a Aerial Ace.Weavile really can't touch Heracross. Jolly Choice Scarf Heracross outspeeds it and does around 400% damage with Close Combat. I do believe that's a .25HKO

xP

And I agree, Focus Sash Weavile should really have Swords Dance.

Leman
06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Weavile really can't touch Heracross. Jolly Choice Scarf Heracross outspeeds it and does around 400% damage with Close Combat. I do believe that's a .25HKO

xP

And I agree, Focus Sash Weavile should really have Swords Dance.

Why would you stay in on Heracross anyways...?

There's not much left for me to say. I have no idea why you thought of putting in Cloyster/Luxray in. Both have much better alternatives.

Whirlwind>Steel Wing, Drill Peck>Brave Bird, on Skarmory.

Mitsuzo-kun
06-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Why would you stay in on Heracross anyways...?I wouldn't. Ever. It's just that Starky said that it can't counter Heracross and I was backing him up. :|

Starkipraggy
06-02-2008, 04:30 AM
Why would you stay in on Heracross anyways...?

There's not much left for me to say. I have no idea why you thought of putting in Cloyster/Luxray in. Both have much better alternatives.

Whirlwind>Steel Wing, Drill Peck>Brave Bird, on Skarmory.
I thought Whirlwind + Drill Peck was illegal. :O Bah, I know nuts about 4th gen breeding chains.

Does Heracross always run Scarf? :O