PDA

View Full Version : Standard 6v6 Team Please Help

hsb39
05-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Now this is an in game team for Lvl. 50s (that is to be up on WiFi or people at events). I have not used it yet but it is ready, but I feel that there are some problems. Oh, and yes, I am assuming some rules, all of the Standard ones, plus Item Clause, I only really ever play with Item Clause.

Machamp@Choice Scarf
Trait: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
EVs: Max Atk and Spd
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge
EQ
Ice Punch

Salamence@Choice Specs
Trait: Intimidate
Nature: Modest
EVs: Max SAtk and Spd
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse

Empoleon@Leftovers
OK this was my starter, it has a neutral nature and I forgot the EVs, but it is still good, I have used it against human players before and done well.
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Stealth Rock

Swampert@Chesto Berry
Trait: Torrent
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP 128 Def 128 SDef
EQ
Avalanche
Mirror Coat
Rest

Weavile@Focus Sash/Expert Belt (depending on how I feel)
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
Night Slash
Ice Punch
Pursuit
Brick Break

Dusknoir@Lum Berry/Ganlon Berry/Something Else that you could suggest (remember Item Clause)
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP 128 Atk 128 SDef
WoW
Pain Split
Shadow Punch
EQ

Any tips will help.

eerie
06-01-2008, 06:33 AM
oh. *crunches fingers* bold=changes

Now this is an in game team for Lvl. 50s (that is to be up on WiFi or people at events). I have not used it yet but it is ready, but I feel that there are some problems. Oh, and yes, I am assuming some rules, all of the Standard ones, plus Item Clause, I only really ever play with Item Clause.

Machamp@Leftovers/Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge/ Thunderpunch
Bullet Punch for Gengars
Ice Punch
wut? the changes should help. Rest+Sleep Talk is a viable option.

Salamence@Choice Specs
Trait: Intimidate
Nature: Modest
EVs: Max SAtk and Spd
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse/ Brick Break
This won't cloud my rating, but I want to say I HATE SPECSMENCE!

Empoleon@Leftovers
OK this was my starter, it has a neutral nature and I forgot the EVs, but it is still good, I have used it against human players before and done well.
Surf
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Stealth Rock
standard...

Swampert@Chesto Berry/Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP 128 Def 128 SDef
EQ
Avalanche
Waterfall
Curse/ Rest
I am confused, so I'll base this on its nature.

Weavile@Focus Sash/Expert Belt (depending on how I feel)
Nature: Jolly
Night Slash
Ice Punch
Pursuit
Brick Break
Yes.

Dusknoir@Lum Berry/Ganlon Berry/Something Else that you could suggest (remember Item Clause) Lefties is barely Claused
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP 128 Atk 128 SDef
WoW
Pain Split
Thunderpunch/ Ice Punch/ Shadow Sneak
EQ
Okay then, fi... wait. *changes* Good.

Any tips will help.

You might want a better defense. A good start.

NeoZero
06-01-2008, 12:33 PM
hey try to give us the Ev spread plz as we will need to help you with that

Starkipraggy
06-02-2008, 04:47 AM
hey try to give us the Ev spread plz as we will need to help you with that
Focus Sash Weavile wants Swords Dance. D: Swords Dance over Pursuit when using Focus Sash plox.

NeoZero
06-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Focus Sash Weavile wants Swords Dance. D: Swords Dance over Pursuit when using Focus Sash plox.

no here is my set for weavile with focus sash :
SD / Puirsuit / Ice Shard / Break brike

this set works great for me try it

Starkipraggy
06-02-2008, 01:27 PM
no here is my set for weavile with focus sash :
SD / Puirsuit / Ice Shard / Break brike

this set works great for me try it
Pursuit is too low on power for a sweep. :/ I've tried it. There's no real point other than killing the Psychics or whatever that you just set up on that are gonna switch out. In which case you're better off with Night Slash anyway.

hsb39
06-07-2008, 01:09 AM
I think that it is clear that what I need has not been communicated well enough. When I say Item Clause IT INCLUDES LEFTOVERS. I believe that it creates better gameplay in Item Clause, Item Choice requires skill. Also, "Max" means 255.

Machamp: I made this Scarfchamp and realised about a week later found out that it was Standard. Scarf helps so much to boost the pathetic Spd, it can outrun Adamant Garchomp. Dynamic Punch and Stone Edge use No Guard and provide my main attacking force. Ice Punch hits quite a few Pokemon that need to be hit and EQ hits a fairly smaller amount, but helps to finish off Metagross.

Empoleon: Needs Leftovers due to lack of recovery move, sets up Stealth Rock and counters most Waters.

Swampert: Chesto Resting is great in Item Clause. EQ and Avalanche provide great coverage and Mirror Coat is for the surprise, in my opinion a surprise is what will usually take down a Pokemon.

Salamence: Will get a quick KO on a lot of Pokemon, works fantastically with Empoleon (I have tested this) with Electric being the only type that isn't resisted (Swampy helps there).

Weavile: Counters Gengar and Alakazam who I can usually get a good switch into, Focus Sash is my usual item (without SD) as it does help a lot, to be 100% sure that you will survive an attack.

Dusknoir: Switches into Rapid Spinners and provides good WoW support. Item Choice is hard here (NOT LEFTOVERS). Lum Berry can give you some edge in the battle, taking in one Hypnosis etc. and Ganlon Berry goes very well with Pain Split (I may want the SDef one which I forgot the name for). EQ hits those Fires that are immune to WoW and Shadow Sneak gets a surprise KO.

Now that I have provided more detail for the team I hope that you can help. I think that I need a Rapid Spinner, so if someone could suggest one that can be used in this team (remember that I have used my Stealth Rock TM so if it should be there on the moveset, it must be able to be Bred onto it).

Fire Away
06-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Item Clause does not force skill, it forces you to use crap like a Chesto Berry. :rolleyes:

hsb39
06-07-2008, 01:28 AM
It doesn't force skill, but makes it so that skill can be used. Giving every Pokemon Leftovers is just stupid. Without Item Clause there is no skill in Item Choice, there is just Leftovers. Chesto Berry isn't crap, it is clear that you just give your fragile sweepers Leftovers, it is a useful Tanking item when used right. Anyway, this is Item Clause including Lefties.

Fire Away
06-07-2008, 01:33 AM
It doesn't force skill, but makes it so that skill can be used. Giving every Pokemon Leftovers is just stupid. Without Item Clause there is no skill in Item Choice, there is just Leftovers. Chesto Berry isn't crap, it is clear that you just give your fragile sweepers Leftovers, it is a useful Tanking item when used right. Anyway, this is Item Clause including Lefties.

Giving every Pokemon Leftovers isn't stupid on a stall team where Sandstorm is active. Besides, I'd sooner give a "fragile sweeper" a Choice item then Leftovers anyways. :\

Anyways, looking at your team, I'd say HP Ice Gengar could potentially give you a lot of problems. Assuming any form of Spikes is active, Weavile suddenly rolls over and dies from a predicted Focus Blast. From there, you need to be very careful.

hsb39
06-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Giving every Pokemon Leftovers isn't stupid on a stall team where Sandstorm is active. Besides, I'd sooner give a "fragile sweeper" a Choice item then Leftovers anyways. :\

Item Clause would mean that you would maybe change your team to suit Sandstorm, I can't stand seeing these teams with one Rock/Ground/Steel and the rest are worse for it. Item Clause should not be so rejected, it makes Item Choice a skill rather than 3 Letovers 2 Choice Items and a Life Orb and it also makes you need to change your team to suit the Item Choices. If you want to argue more about this, start your own thread.

Fire Away
06-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Item Clause would mean that you would maybe change your team to suit Sandstorm, I can't stand seeing these teams with one Rock/Ground/Steel and the rest are worse for it. Item Clause should not be so rejected, it makes Item Choice a skill rather than 3 Letovers 2 Choice Items and a Life Orb and it also makes you need to change your team to suit the Item Choices. If you want to argue more about this, start your own thread.

A stall team with more than two rock/steel/ground types fails in a horrible way. Hell, Hippowdon is the only one who really belongs. :\

hsb39
06-07-2008, 01:43 AM
I've seen a lot of those stall teams and EVERY one that actually used Sandstorm to their advantage did better. There are a lot of Pokemon that belong, Hail teams don't tend to work as there is only one type, but between the three with so many type combos, it can work fine. The other ones then have inferior tanks.

Yet again this is not an argument, it is the way that I play and if you don't have any skill in Item Choice, maybe just help me (if you want to) with movesets or make your own thread on the debate topic.

secksi mudkipz
06-07-2008, 02:16 AM
I've seen a lot of those stall teams and EVERY one that actually used Sandstorm to their advantage did better. There are a lot of Pokemon that belong, Hail teams don't tend to work as there is only one type, but between the three with so many type combos, it can work fine. The other ones then have inferior tanks.

Yet again this is not an argument, it is the way that I play and if you don't have any skill in Item Choice, maybe just help me (if you want to) with movesets or make your own thread on the debate topic.

sry dude but that team plane our sucks up the but. um put in mudkip maybe a squidward and well talk. :biggrin:

hsb39
06-07-2008, 02:24 AM
sry dude but that team plane our sucks up the but. um put in mudkip maybe a squidward and well talk. :biggrin:
???

Was it just me who had no idea what that person said, a translation would be nice.

secksi mudkipz
06-07-2008, 02:31 AM
???

Was it just me who had no idea what that person said, a translation would be nice.

lol sorry i mean the party sucked up the but. put in a mudkip or a squidward. :biggrin:

hsb39
06-07-2008, 02:42 AM
lol sorry i mean the party sucked up the but. put in a mudkip or a squidward. :biggrin:
I don't know if you play competitive battle or not and I don't know what you mean by squiddard. And am I the only person who thinks that this person is crazy.

secksi mudkipz
06-07-2008, 02:43 AM
I don't know if you play competitive battle or not and I don't know what you mean by squiddard. And am I the only person who thinks that this person is crazy.

no you must be confused i do it all the time. it just bugs me that you never heard of a squidward you even spell it wrongf!! :eh:

hsb39
06-07-2008, 02:46 AM
no you must be confused i do it all the time. it just bugs me that you never heard of a squidward you even spell it wrongf!! :eh:

Strange that you spelt wrong wrong. And I Googled Squidward... I am not taking your advice........

secksi mudkipz
06-07-2008, 02:50 AM
lol i dont get it i made a mistake leave me alone!!

haha u had to google squidward. everyone knows what a squidward is. its only my second favorite pokemon

hsb39
06-07-2008, 02:53 AM
Squidward is not the name of a Pokemon. I Googled Squidward and a character from "Sponge Bob Square Pants" came up, even when I Googled "Squidward Pokemon". That is why I am ignoring your advice. Also Mudkip is NEVER used in competitive battle.

secksi mudkipz
06-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Squidward is not the name of a Pokemon. I Googled Squidward and a character from "Sponge Bob Square Pants" came up, even when I Googled "Squidward Pokemon". That is why I am ignoring your advice. Also Mudkip is NEVER used in competitive battle.
whaaat i always use mudkip and i use squidrward to man why u dissing???

hsb39
06-07-2008, 03:48 AM
Send me a picture of this "Squidward" and I may be able to help you. And sorry, in a battle, Mudkip sucks, go here http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/258.shtml and you may see why when you compare it to some other Pokemon.

secksi mudkipz
06-07-2008, 03:52 AM
Send me a picture of this "Squidward" and I may be able to help you. And sorry, in a battle, Mudkip sucks, go here http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/258.shtml and you may see why when you compare it to some other Pokemon.
no i totally own wit hmudkip just ask my advisor

hsb39
06-07-2008, 03:55 AM
OK then, tell me your Mudkips moveset, nature and EVs, and I will tell you a long list of NU Pokemon that can counter it.