PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe they really are making A powerpuff girl anime!

King Manyula
05-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Quick zoom into the pics!!!! NOW!!!
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20050401/taf.htm

Now look!

http://s03.2log.net/home/yosaba/kyap1/tvkyap/kyap140.jpg

Boy, I can't believe this. It's called PPGZ and it's gonna be a "magical girl" series with the original characters with their original powers and WEAPONS!? Blossom with a super-powered Yo-Yo, Buttercup with a giant mallet thing and, you guessed it, Bubbles with bubbles that can blow up. It's gonna air on toonami and will have all the original villains.
One catch. They are not sisters. This will probably be really crap, but I will watch it nonetheless.

TMTS
05-28-2005, 02:56 AM
O_O.;;;

That's... disturbing. To an undescribable degree. But heh. It might be ok... :eh: ...
or not. As if the original series itself wasn't semi-anime enough... :susp:

Caite-chan
05-28-2005, 03:00 AM
They'll make an Anime out of just about anything. Buttercup looks better now.

Zenaku
05-28-2005, 04:07 AM
This is pretty old news. From what I hear, PPG is very popular in Japan. It's only sense that Japan would wish to make an anime.

ElimN8
05-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Well that's gonna be pretty f'ing strange. lol, kinda funny though.

I wonder if that "Z" is anything like the one found in Dragonball Z, which was a more-action, less-goofy version of Dragonball.

Neo Emolga
05-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Have to say, as weird as it is, they look so many times better in that picture than they originally look with their ill-proportioned bodies and massive dragonfly eyes.

Still, nothing I'm going to ever watch though.

Dark_Umbreon
05-30-2005, 09:35 PM
lol! I cant believe it. I've only just noticed this post and this is the first I've heard of this. I love the original show and thought it was funny but an anime? Crappy weapons like a yo-yo, a bubble blowing staff and a big hammer which I think is a rip off amy rose from the sonic games/series. 1. I thought blossom was alot more wise and independant than to use a yo-yo 2. Bubbles and a bubble blowing staff is just cheesy and not very creative 3. buttercup is too head strong and own strength reliable to be using weapons. Looks like their going to change their personalities along with their looks :ermm:

ElimN8
05-31-2005, 03:12 AM
If anything, Japan knows how take "crappy" weapons and make them massively destructive. I wouldn't doubt their usability.

Speaking of which, anyone notice the Daruma figure that Buttercup has? (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20050401/taf33.jpg)

For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's a game in Japan; the figure is made up of a set of cylindrical blocks, whose personage is based on Bodhidharma, a man who is said to have lost the use of his arms and legs through intense meditation. The objective of the game is to knock out each of the blocks from the bottom up without him falling over.

Its signifigance could be that it's part of Buttercup's weaponry, e.g. she could use the hammer to knock the blocks at targets as projectiles. (Though it could also just be a fashion accessory :tongue:)

Brook
06-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Ew! D=

Well, that just completely ruined all of PPG's originality.

Dark_Umbreon
06-01-2005, 10:59 AM
If anything, Japan knows how take "crappy" weapons and make them massively destructive. I wouldn't doubt their usability.

Speaking of which, anyone notice the Daruma figure that Buttercup has? (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20050401/taf33.jpg)

For anyone who doesn't know what that is, it's a game in Japan; the figure is made up of a set of cylindrical blocks, whose personage is based on Bodhidharma, a man who is said to have lost the use of his arms and legs through intense meditation. The objective of the game is to knock out each of the blocks from the bottom up without him falling over.

Its signifigance could be that it's part of Buttercup's weaponry, e.g. she could use the hammer to knock the blocks at targets as projectiles. (Though it could also just be a fashion accessory :tongue:)
I know Japan can turn anything that would seem unuseful into something very powerful. I said they were crappy in this case because the powerpuff girls are known for their super powers and I hope it doesn't end up crappy through the use of weapons

Suisho Ai
06-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Fair dinkum! A Powerpuff Girl anime! Who would've thunk it?

bigdog
06-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Fair dinkum! A Powerpuff Girl anime! Who would've thunk it?
if this does come out in America then they should have it on cartoon network and keep the sisters thing from the original ppg.

jynx
06-11-2005, 06:34 PM
oh my word...

Sorry for any offencse but I think that Power Puff Girls is such the worst Cartoon Network thing ever!

Hypocrisy is Fun
06-12-2005, 07:40 AM
Im confused, worried, and about to poo my pants ^_^ This is soooo weird!!! they look all weird! Is that green monkey thng Mo Jo!?!? And uh...What the heck was the first link i went to!?!??

KenshinU
06-16-2005, 05:05 AM
Yah, I heard about it.. They love powerpuff girls in Japan, so I'm not that surprised...

Nothing is better than Bleedman's Powerpuff Girls doujinshi though.. :P

http://bleedman.snafu-comics.com/?strip_id=0

King Manyula
06-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Doesn't anyone care that they are not sisters? They changed the storyline, the mayor isn't chibi....but the prof is chibi. I have a pic somewhere. Him is gonna look wierd.

Guardian_Kai
01-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Doesn't anyone care that they are not sisters? They changed the storyline, the mayor isn't chibi....but the prof is chibi. I have a pic somewhere. Him is gonna look wierd.
they r not sisters thats bad but they r cute and i love them more not that they r an anime!

miyoun
01-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Please dont revive threads over a month old! I have told you before >_<