PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Online: Coming Soon

revomedia
06-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Hello,

I am working on a new online Pokemon game, with no required downloads. There is no release date set, and it's in the early development stages. I will post a brief description shortly, as well as a list of what type of staff we are looking for, and some brief information about me. I'd like to hear some ideas from people in the community. Right now, the idea is Pokemon Red/Blue, but after you beat the game, you can explore an extra map, that is much, much larger, as well as battle/capture every pokemon ever released. As implied by the title, it will obviously be online, and have many online features that have never been done in a Pokemon game (At least not commercially, It may have been by some of you already)

Brief Description

PokemonOnline will include all 8 badges in the first game, as well as all 151 pokemon (first game). After you get all 8 badges, and defeat the final four, however, you will be able to access every pokemon ever in the pokemon games, as well as a large additional map. You can choose either the red version, blue version, or green version. Which all have 5 or so pokemon you can only get on that version. Your starter pokemon will be either charmander, squirtle, or bulbasaur, just as in the first game. You can fight other people online at any time. You will gain experience from this.

Players will also be able to start their own gyms, once all of their pokemon reach level 5. You can have a minimum of 3 pokemon. You must give a prize that is 2x or more of the entry cost. This can be a great way to make money other than fighting trainers, but you may also lose money. Players will be alerted of the combined levels of your pokemon, so it will be a fair battle.

Though the entire origonal map will be included, it will also be extended. As this game is much larger, and encourages long, long hours of play, the maximum level will no longer be 100. New moves will be added, however, new evolutions will not be added. Evolution levels may be changed, however experience to the next level will not, nor will the moved that are learned normally be removed or modified.

Another new feature, will be the ability to open a store where you can sell items you've found farther in the game, or items that are in only certain versions. You will even be able to sell pokemon that you've trained! Different version will be plenty different, to encourage the use of stores, and one player playing more than 1 version will not be allowed, therefore raising the value of items found on only one version.

The game will be free to play, and no download is required. The game can be played on any computer with access to the internet. There will be constant updates, but you will never lose your progress, so while with the games you buy at stores, you need to restart every year or so, this game's pokemon will last you forever.

http://www.pokemon.fm

Trainer17
06-06-2008, 08:56 AM
This sounds better than any other Pokemon Online games I've heard of. I wish you all the best on this project. i will be looking forward to it. :3

Bulletangel
06-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Is this, by any chance, an application on Facebook called 'send pokemon'?

I've played that, and its showing quite some promise :)

Dragonair_blizzard
06-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Wow, this game sounds nice. Hope ot woll be popular once it starts and I'll be there.

RichL23
06-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Game sounds awesome. I wish you the best of luck with it. Do you have a 'sort of' release date?

I mean like late this year, early/late next? ;]

revomedia
06-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Game sounds awesome. I wish you the best of luck with it. Do you have a 'sort of' release date?

I mean like late this year, early/late next? ;]

This year.

RichL23
06-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Wow, can't wait for this, sounds brilliant.

Team Strikers
06-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Wow, this sounds awesome! I can't wait to see it's progress. Good luck!

revomedia
06-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks everyone!

secksi mudkipz
06-07-2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks everyone!

yay me and my dog can play it oh yeah my dog likes chris crocker he barks all the time when he sees him its so funny!!!!!!!1

im happy for this gamee. :biggrin:

Sight of the Stars
06-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow! Best of luck to you. When it comes out, can you say so on here? I was thinking instead of Red/Blue, why not Gold/Silver? Or have a choice of both version sets?

Mew Ichigo
06-07-2008, 09:34 PM
yay me and my dog can play it oh yeah my dog likes chris crocker he barks all the time when he sees him its so funny!!!!!!!1

im happy for this gamee. :biggrin:
Lol,Chris Crocker.

"America won't let use use our Liberty Bell"

"Its the hairflip"XD

minghui
06-10-2008, 02:38 AM
I am in need of 10 different pokemon figures. I am missing Pupitar, Pineco, Snover, Azelf, Golem, Ralts, Claydol, Aron, Zapdos, and Budew. I was thinking about buying a collection from this LDU Company in China but I really don't need 288 pokemon figures, and that is the smallest collection that I see them listing on their website www.LDUcompany.com

I am trying to find a place to buy just the ten that I need. Has anyone ever bought pokemon characters from this LDU website? Oh yeah, here is a link to the page with all the pokemons http://www.liangdianup.com/pokemons_1.htm

Any ideas please post and let me know :)

revomedia
06-10-2008, 07:51 AM
I am in need of 10 different pokemon figures. I am missing Pupitar, Pineco, Snover, Azelf, Golem, Ralts, Claydol, Aron, Zapdos, and Budew. I was thinking about buying a collection from this LDU Company in China but I really don't need 288 pokemon figures, and that is the smallest collection that I see them listing on their website www.LDUcompany.com

I am trying to find a place to buy just the ten that I need. Has anyone ever bought pokemon characters from this LDU website? Oh yeah, here is a link to the page with all the pokemons http://www.liangdianup.com/pokemons_1.htm

Any ideas please post and let me know :)

You may have better luck starting a new topic or posting in another.

Nitro
06-11-2008, 01:51 AM
This sounds like it could be the BEST Pokemon online game ever. I wish you luck making this game, and I will honestly murder you in a very painful way if you don't make it. :]

EDIT: Honestly.

OrpheusMatt
06-11-2008, 01:54 AM
This sounds great! I wish you luck on it and hope you finish soon!

revomedia
06-11-2008, 07:21 AM
This sounds like it could be the BEST Pokemon online game ever. I wish you luck making this game, and I will honestly murder you in a very painful way if you don't make it. :]

EDIT: Honestly.

Wow, good think I'm really going to make it :biggrin:

-Axel-
06-11-2008, 02:20 PM
i ahve an idea
you know like all those places
with legendaries in the real pokemon
(walk up and battle)
well mabey there can be a secret map with each legendairy
walk up and battle type way
and also you can make a place with a mew
edit
and it would be nice to try out beta version
best poke game ever this one seemes

Trainer_Gold414
06-21-2008, 04:50 PM
hey, sounds pretty neat. gl making it and i can't wait for it to come out :happy: