PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Ep. 3

The Elite Ygseto
05-21-2005, 01:03 AM
That do ya'll think of "Revenge Of The Sith." I've already seen it twice and I love it. A must see for everyone.

MystiKal
05-25-2005, 02:07 AM
I have seen it twice and I must say it was great, I'm about to see it another time since my girlfriend hasn't seen any of the Star Wars movies and she wants to see this one.

Neo Emolga
05-25-2005, 02:12 AM
I'd like to see it, but movie tickets are so insanely expensive.

Ah, I can wait to see it on DVD though. Usually the Special Features are worth waiting for, and I'm sure they'll be good for Episode III when it comes out on DVD.

MystiKal
05-25-2005, 02:22 AM
Oh come on NP tickets aren't that bad their about $8 here.

!CeMAn
05-25-2005, 05:15 AM
i still haven't seen episode I or II yet :crackup:! screwww that. what kind of chump waits 3 years in between sequels you KNOW are coming out? when all 3 are out on DvD i'll watch them all together the way lucas meant for the story to be told. that's how i saw IV-VI and that's how i'll see the first 3.

Neo Emolga
05-25-2005, 05:55 AM
i still haven't seen episode I or II yet :crackup:! screwww that. what kind of chump waits 3 years in between sequels you KNOW are coming out? when all 3 are out on DvD i'll watch them all together the way lucas meant for the story to be told. that's how i saw IV-VI and that's how i'll see the first 3.

Sounds like a great idea.

Perfect way to numb your mind for a week is to watch all six episodes of Star Wars immediately one after another in the correct order. Start early in the morning, and you'll probably finish sometime in the evening.

And VT, $8 isn't bad if you're going completely alone. Take two people and that's already $16 without any concessions. You're better off just buying the DVD, which will only be around $18 or so.

!CeMAn
05-25-2005, 06:47 AM
i think there's a good chance i'm the only star wars fan who hasn't seen phantom menace :biggrin:.

i gotta agree with the price of movie theatres; it's ridiculous. the price of concessions is even higher than the prices in convienence stores, which is pretty sad. i usually only put myself through that kind of splurging when i have a good reason. although i must say i'd LOVE 2 see eps 1-3 on big screen, i'd rather see them together.

Channel Delibird
05-25-2005, 07:08 AM
^ Iceman, you are mistaken. I know a bunch of people who haven't seen Episode I and are big Star Wars fans. But that's not the point.

The point is that Hayden Christensen can't act for peanuts. Revenge of the Sith was a great movie lowered to just 'good' by pathetic 'performances' from him and Natalie Portman - again. >_< The rest of the film I enjoyed though, particularly the 'Order 66' part and Yoda's escape. =P

Thanatos
05-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Vex, you're a scary young lad sometimes.

I loved this movie, it rocked my socks ^_^

Hayden Christensen can't act, which is why I loved seeing him get burnt to a crisp ^_^

I used to look up to Vader. He was like, pure evil. Then you find out he was a pansy...just not cool.

Either way, great movie. Favourite part...

*SPOILER ALERT*

"What are we going to do Master Skywalker?" - Young Padawan
Then the turning on of Anakin's lightsaber...so evil.

*END SPOILER ALERT*

Nefarious
05-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Yeah I went to go see it last Sunday.

Everyone laughed when Yoda took out those two gaurds by just entering the room. XD And the battle between Sidius and Yoda was cool too.

MystiKal
05-26-2005, 12:33 AM
I used to look up to Vader. He was like, pure evil. Then you find out he was a pansy...just not cool.

How could he have been a pansy he was still in training, he was very young. So you can't expect him to be the greatest in this movie. :rolleyes:

Smurf
05-26-2005, 01:58 AM
Personally, I didn't like it. =\ It didn't have that Star Wars feel to it, for the most part. Plus, the beginning really sucked IMO. They moved things along too fast, and the droids had too much emotion. =\ I enjoyed the lightsabers, but hated when Adi died. ;_;

It was ok. Definatly not the best though. Episode 6 and 4 still pwn it by far. =X

Alakazam
05-26-2005, 02:41 AM
First of all, I can't believe that some people think that seing this movie in theaters isn't worth it....its movies like Star Wars that you get a much better experience in theaters. If you don't see Star Wars in theaters, do you ever go to the movies? I rarely see movies in theaters, but things like this are just a must-see, to put it in a nutshell.

If you couldn't tell from what I said above, I liked episode 3. I thought it was amazing. It was powerful, engaging, intense, entertaining, and I think it led into Episode IV magnificiently. The special effects were incredible, the transition of Anikin from a Jedi to a Sith was thorough and thought-provoking.

I liked it more than 1 and 2, and I honestly think that it rivals the greatness of Episode VI.

It's a must-see for anyone who's into Star Wars, I think.

!CeMAn
05-26-2005, 06:33 AM
^ Iceman, you are mistaken. I know a bunch of people who haven't seen Episode I and are big Star Wars fans.

have they not seen it by CHOiCE? besides, i wuz being facetious.

KAZAM, i'm with you for the most part. certain movies HAVE to be seen in a theatre. star wars eps I-III are some of them. i just can't put myself through waiting that long to see a sequel i KNOW is coming. sequels that have been written(more or less) for years, man! i get pissed when i have to wait a week to see part 2 of a tv show.

movies can be filmed relatively quick. there's no way i'll believe it takes over 6 years to release 3 movies for any reason other than $$$. look at how quick the matrix & LotR trilogies came along. as much as i like star wars, i won't be a tool of them.

:oops: i SO have to stay the crap away from this thread; to many spoilers about.

Channel Delibird
05-26-2005, 07:16 AM
First of all, I can't believe that some people think that seing this movie in theaters isn't worth it....its movies like Star Wars that you get a much better experience in theaters. If you don't see Star Wars in theaters, do you ever go to the movies? I rarely see movies in theaters, but things like this are just a must-see, to put it in a nutshell.

If you couldn't tell from what I said above, I liked episode 3. I thought it was amazing. It was powerful, engaging, intense, entertaining, and I think it led into Episode IV magnificiently. The special effects were incredible, the transition of Anikin from a Jedi to a Sith was thorough and thought-provoking.

I liked it more than 1 and 2, and I honestly think that it rivals the greatness of Episode VI.

It's a must-see for anyone who's into Star Wars, I think.

It is a must-see for anyone who's into Star Wars, but only really because the plot wouldn't be complete without it. I would say it was probably on a par with Return of the Jedi, but that IMO was nowhere near the sheer uberness that was A New Hope.

And I'd agree with Ierdar - the droids had too many emotions! They're not cyborg people, they're little mechanical things that shoot stuff! >_<

Overall Rating: 7/10

Alakazam
05-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Vex, the reason why I said 3 rivals 6 is because (IMO) 6 is the best of the classic trilogy....4 being the weakest by far. 3 and 6 blow 4 out of the water in my eyes, but whatever, I digress...I have no intention of getting into an argument about it.

Channel Delibird
05-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Vex, the reason why I said 3 rivals 6 is because (IMO) 6 is the best of the classic trilogy....4 being the weakest by far. 3 and 6 blow 4 out of the water in my eyes, but whatever, I digress...I have no intention of getting into an argument about it.

I thought that was the case, but I decided to up the irony a little. :tongue3: You're entitled to your opinion...

!CeMAn
05-26-2005, 10:55 PM
oh come on people! empire was totally the best of the original 3. the only thing jedi had going for it, iMO was the cool beginning with jabba and the fact that it ended the damn thing.

Channel Delibird
05-27-2005, 07:03 AM
oh come on people! empire was totally the best of the original 3. the only thing jedi had going for it, iMO was the cool beginning with jabba and the fact that it ended the damn thing.

This is true actually. Why did I forget Empire Strikes Back? XD Still, though, V > IV > VI = III > I > II.

Smurf
05-27-2005, 11:25 AM
I still think 6 was the best. =P I didn't care for 5 that much, don't know why. =\

Alakazam
05-27-2005, 12:55 PM
This is true actually. Why did I forget Empire Strikes Back? XD Still, though, V > IV > VI = III > I > II.

Nope; you're certainly mistaken.

It goes like this:

VI = III > IV > II > V > I

:wink:

II rocked and you know it :p

Thanatos
05-27-2005, 01:12 PM
II had awesome action, and it fit in with the storyline...

...But the dialogue made me cry like a little girl.

Those loves scenes were rigid, and poorly acted. Hayden really couldn't act in that one.

King Manyula
05-27-2005, 06:23 PM
Everyone laughed when Yoda took out those two gaurds by just entering the room.
Same here. Anyway, I loved the film the most out of all the Star Wars films. I wanted to watch it again the day after so I downloaded it from Morpheus, burned it onto a disk and spent the day with my friends watching Episode 1-6 all day long. I have the special edition Star Wars box set, episode IV-VI digitally remastered with special features. It was unfortunate that General Grievous didn't put up much of a fight. He's really awesome in Clone Wars on Toonami. Anakin is still a dickhead. It was really tragic to see him burn to hell at the end, though. But that was really annoying coz I used to see Vadar as a really evil guy and now I see him as a really tragic character. I wish George Lucas made an episode VII, VIII and VIIII. Ok you can kick my poor excuse for an ass for saying that, but seriously I think episode III was the best.

Fav part.
Dooku dying straight at the beginning.

Dragon Lover
05-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Ok I'm confused here...I thought there were only 3 movies counting revenge of the sith but you guys are now talking about 4, 5 and 6 :eh:

Anyway, I'll be seeing the movie on thursday since i live in the middle east although it's also released here I cant see it since school and tutions are there plus my french exam is tomorrow. :susp:

~DL~

Smurf
05-31-2005, 09:04 PM
Ok I'm confused here...I thought there were only 3 movies counting revenge of the sith but you guys are now talking about 4, 5 and 6 :eh:

No, there are six movies. Four, five, and six came out before the first three. They were made years back. A New Hope(4), The Empire Strikes Back(5), and Return of the Jedi(6). They're, obviously, after episode three. They tell the story of Vader after the Empire takes over and of Vader's son, Luke Skywalker. =P

Joel II
06-05-2005, 04:47 AM
im not really a big star wars fan

bigdog
06-11-2005, 04:29 PM
episode 3 was very sad in the end when padme died havin her twins leia and luke skywalker but i have heard there were actually 9 episodes plannned but never got to release and would be hard to do episodes 7-9 without original actors. good news is that they are comin out with a live action tv series based on all 6 movies and a cgi animation series based off the cartoon network star wars clone wars .

Amaru
06-12-2005, 08:19 AM
Padme dying in the end wasnt sad at all. The reason being, is that we all knew it was going to happen. The problem with ep. III is we knew what the outcome was.. I have like, 5 paragraphs written on how bad ep III is on another forum.. I cant be bothered typing something similar. Dooku died too soon, Mace Windu died too soon, all those jedis who were assasinated died too soon, Vader VS Obi-Wan kept me on the edge of my seat, then was ruined at the end:

LOLOLOLZZ LIEK I AM TEH BESTEST I WEEL JUMP OVA U!!!!11!!1 OMGWTF YOU LIEK, SLICED ME UP!!! LOLZ OBI-WAN U R0XXOR!!!11!!1

Empire Strikes Back was teh bestest!!11!!1.

Darth Maul of Ep I = the best lightsabre master in the series. So graceful yet so deadly.. And the double lightsaber was awesomeness!!

Chiki
07-08-2005, 01:06 AM
NOTE: Many spoilers

I have been an obsessed fanatic of Star Wars all of my life and I must say that Episode III was by far THE BEST of the six part saga. I saw it four times. The special effects were fantastic. I really study all aspects of the movie, especially Palpatine's master, Darth Plageius. Yes, I know almost everything about Star Wars. Did anyone else know that the Millenium Falcon and George Lucas were in this movie? The actors did pretty well in my opinion. There were very few details I disliked. They were: Darth Vader's "NOOO!!", the fact that Padme gave birth to Luke first, but Leia said she could remember her mother only a little bit. Episode III also had my favorite scene of all time in the entire saga. The scene was when Obi-Wan delievered Luke to his Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. Just the music, and knowing it was the last scene in Star Wars made was chilling. It was a classic moment, taken from Episode IV when Luke looks up at the two moons on his home planet of Tatooine. It connected the two trilogies together and just was the best part of the movie. The movie, I have to say, pretty much left me in tears. It was an extremely emotional movie, and like a "Titanic in space." It was extremely sad when Padme died, and then right after the funeral on Naboo. But there was hapiness and laughter, especially when Yoda took out the two Red Imperial Guards like before they made a move. That was priceless.

And now to correct people ^_^...
-Anakin wasn't supposed to be angry in Episode I, he was supposed to be this innocent small boy, to show that he wasn't all that evil.
-Dooku did not die too soon, he was supposed to die right away because the "main villian" that the Jedi were after was General Grievous. This also helped the movie flow because once Dooku was gone, Palpatine could get a new apprentice, which went along with Anakin's turn.
-Mace Windu did not die too soon, because the movie was a dark movie. It was the "Revenge of the Sith" and that's exactly what was supposed to happen. It wasn't the Jedi's movie, so it had to show the downfall quickly to speed up the growth of the empire and the turn of everything.
-The tv show isn't about all six movies, it's about the unimportant, extra characters.
-Darth Vader wasn't supposed to be this extremely evil guy. He was just a caring person that was consumed by the dark side, and just let his emotions get out of control. His turn to the dark side was for one reason, his love for Padme and emotions.
-Anakin vs. Obi-Wan wasn't supposed to end to see who was strongest. It was meant to be that Anakin lost because he was arrogant and had overconfidence in the dark side.
-Episode III is MEANT to be seen in theaters. It can never be the same on tape. No matter how many surround sound speakers or big screen tvs you have, it will not be the same. To see it in the theaters is the true way to experience Star Wars. I actually sat two rows behind the screen, and, this sounds cheezy, but it felt like you were IN the movie.
-Anakin wasn't still in training, he was a Jedi Knight, no longer a Padawan-learner. He refered to Obi-Wan as "Master" for a title of respect, such as Mr., Mrs., Dr. etc.

Just the emotion in this movie was like no other, from Order 66, to Padme dieing, to the Empire being built, and even the music.

10/10