PDA

View Full Version : What CD's Do You Have?

Demon_Shiron
05-25-2005, 06:44 PM
The CD's I have are Korn: Follow The Leader(PA), White Zombie: Astro Creep 2000(PA), Snoop Dogg: Rhythm & Gangsta: The Masterpiece(clean), Eminem: The Eminem Show(PA), and Brooke Valentine: Chain Letter(clean).

As you can see I like both Rock and Rap.

!CeMAn
05-26-2005, 06:35 AM
what does PA & clean mean?

Channel Delibird
05-26-2005, 07:21 AM
I have way too many to fit on a post. >_> Eight or nine U2 albums, a few Sting ones, Dido, George Michael, Franz Ferdinand, the Two Towers soundtrack for some reason, Weird Al, Lighthouse Family, The Beatles, Afro Celt Sound System, Bob Marley, Coldplay, Keane, The Eagles, Eurythmics...etc. :tongue3:

!CeMAn
05-26-2005, 07:40 AM
you can learn a lot about somebody by browsing through their CD collection. i think i heard all i need 2 hear about YOURS, vex :sleepy:.

:wink: :wink:

Thanatos
05-26-2005, 08:31 AM
CDs ey? I don't buy CDs, I download them ^_^

But I have some originals, such as Foo Fighters, but that's about it.

Channel Delibird
05-26-2005, 05:01 PM
you can learn a lot about somebody by browsing through their CD collection. i think i heard all i need 2 hear about YOURS, vex :sleepy:.

:wink: :wink:

I'm sure you could have put that a bit better. Some people would take offense at that. Myself included. >_> I'm a bit tetchy today.

Demon_Shiron
05-26-2005, 06:26 PM
what does PA & clean mean?
PA= Parental Advisory; Has all the bad words in it.
Clean= Edited Version; Has most of the bad words blocked out or mixed so people can't tell what the singer is sayin'. :wink:

!CeMAn
05-26-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm sure you could have put that a bit better. Some people would take offense at that. Myself included. >_> I'm a bit tetchy today.

lighten up! i was joking. didn't you see the winks??

PA= Parental Advisory; Has all the bad words in it.
Clean= Edited Version; Has most of the bad words blocked out or mixed so people can't tell what the singer is sayin'.

i wouldn't pay a dime for any CDs that are edited 4 content.

FLIP Joven
05-29-2005, 03:44 AM
Well, I always buy hip-hop CD's edited because I'm just not comfortable listening to it with cuss words, it's just me. Well, I won't tell you all of my CD's, but the only CD I bought in 2005 is the Will Smith CD, "Lost & Found". I can't wait to buy Kanye West's new CD in July, that "Late Registration" CD. I'm a big fan of Kanye.

Caite-chan
05-29-2005, 03:57 AM
I have a lot the ones off the top of my head:

John Cena: You Can't See Me
Eminem: The Eminem Show
Eminem: Marshel Mathers
Linkin Park: Metora
Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory
Blink-182:
WWE Originals
WWE ThemeAddicts
Good Charlote: The Young and Hopeless
Sum 41: Does This Look Infected
Fozzy: All That Remains
Limp Bizkit:

FLIP Joven
05-29-2005, 03:59 AM
I have the latest Eminem CD, "Encore", I like it. I like all of Linkin Park's CD's too.

Caite-chan
05-29-2005, 04:01 AM
My favorite would have to be John Cena or Fozzy.

AbXtreme
05-31-2005, 06:51 PM
I've got alot of albums which are mostly Rock + Metal.
Best i've got is Celldweller's Self Titled Debut Album.
Rock + Techno = ROCK ON!

Amaru
06-06-2005, 02:18 AM
2Pac - 2Pacalypse Nw
2Pac - Strictly 4 my N.I.G.G.A.Z (I hate that word)
2Pac - Me Against the World
2Pac - All Eyes on Me
2Pac - Makaveli - The Don Killuminati - 7 Day Theory
2Pac - Until the End of Time
2Pac - The Rose that Grew From Concrete (2Pac poetry interpretations)
2Pac - Better Dayz
2Pac - Ressurection
2Pac and the Outlawz - Still I rise
2Pac - The Prophet
2Pac - Greatest Hits

Bone Thugs n Harmony (BTNH) - Creepin on a Come up
BTHH - E. 1999 Eternal
BTNH - The Art of War
BTNH - BTNHRessurection
BTNH - Thug World Order
BTNH - The Collection Vol 1
BTNH - The Collection Vol 2
Bizzy Bone - Heavens Movie
Bizzy Bone - The Gift
Krayzie Bone - Thug Mentality 1999
Krayzie Bone - Thug on Da Line
Layzie Bone - Thug by Nature

DMX - Its Dark and Hell as Hot
DMX - Flesh of my Flesh, Blood of my Blood
DMX - And then there was X
DMX - The Great Depression

Twista - Kamikaze (Track one is awesome, the rest sucks!!)

N.W.A - Legacy Volume 1
N.W.A - Legacy Volume 2

Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
Eminem - The Eminem Show
D12 - Devils Night

Notorious BIG - Ready to Die
Notorious BIG - Life After Death
Notorious BIG - Born Again

I have quite a few others, but these are my favourites. That's just rap, I have a collection of R&B. Plus few others of soul, slow jam, rock and house, but I most often listen to rap and R&B..

Shroomish
06-06-2005, 04:39 AM
Oh God, I have like 50. XD I love to listen to music, although most of it's not "cool" as today's youth would call it. Here we go.

- 2 Yu-Gi-Oh! CDs. (The Burger King things)
- 1 Eiffel 65 CD
- 3 Celine Dion CDs
- 2 Britney Spears
- 1 Spice Girls
- 3 Sara Evans
- 1 Rascal Flats
- 1 Muse
- 1 Lonestar
- 1 Macarena Party Mix CD
- 3 Jo Dee Massina
- 1 Cleatus T. Judd
- 1 Trisha Yearwood
- 1 Phil Vassar
- 3 Tim McGraw
- 1 Winston Cup Racing Soundtrack thing
- 2 Pokemon CDs
- 1 Reba McEntire
- 2 Shania Twain
- 4 Mixed Country CDs
- 1 Smash Hits (Mixed CD)
- 3 Faith Hill
- 1 Leann Rimes
- 1 George Straight
- 1 Tanya Tucker
- 1 Clay Walker
- 1 Backstreet Boys
- 1 Shaggy
- 1 Tom Petty and the Heatbreakers
- 1 Three Doors Down
- 2 Paty Loveless
- 1 Collin Raye
- 3 Heart
- 2 Hellsing Soundtracks
- 1 N'Sync
- 1 Terri Clark
- Mixed Rock CD
- And 1 CD that a friend made. He sings country music. :P

lol 59 and that's not even counting the ones I have copied and downloaded on my computer XD ... God, I need a life.

Dust N' Bones
06-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Hmmm, lets see if I can remember all my CD's...

Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction, GN'R Lies, Use Your Illusion 1, Use Your Illusion 2, The Spaghetti Incident?, Live Era, Greatest Hits
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication, By The Way, Greatest Hits, What Hits?!, Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Aerosmith - Get Your Wings, O, Yeah! Greatest Hits, Pandora's Box
AC/DC - For Those About to Rock We Salute You, Back in Black
Velvet Revolver - Contraband
Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast, Dance of Death
Bon Jovi - Crossroad, Keep the Faith, Bounce, Next Left Feels Right

Huh, not as much as I thought I had.

Amaru
06-06-2005, 09:05 AM
although most of it's not "cool" as today's youth would call it.
There is no need to "warn" us like that. Your music is who you are, dont let anyone dictate to you who you should be. GOD I hate social "ranking". I'm glad my country isnt like that.

OMG I love celine dion!! Teh best female vocalist IMO, im not particularly fond of the others though.

God, I need a life.
Owch!! Music IS a life.

You need to be proud of your music.

!CeMAn
06-06-2005, 09:42 PM
OMG I love celine dion!! Teh best female vocalist IMO, im not particularly fond of the others though.

AVRiL LAViGNE = best female vocalist :wink:. And, i'm pretty sure she could take Celine in a Ladder Match :crackup:.

absol2005
06-09-2005, 10:59 PM
2 Britney Spears
1 Jojo

Amaru
06-10-2005, 04:49 AM
Celine Dion sung with a symphony choir and you could hear her over the choir!!

Saying Avril Lavigne and Britney (ugh Britney? Her little sister has a stronger voice) have better vocals than Celine Dion is wrng. Not opinion. Fact. Wait perhaps I should rephrase, strongest vocals. Saying Celine is the strongest is exagguration, but Avril and Britney CANNOT outsing Celine period. Feel free to prefer their voice, but they're not stronger.

PS I like Avril Lavrigne, not Britney.

Avril = original
Britney = typical
Jojo = excellent vocals in training

!CeMAn
06-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Well, if we're comparing pipes then i'd say X-tina's voice could friggin shatter submarine hulls. Screw Celine! She's probably been singing her whole life where Christina had that kind of power before she was even 20.

BtW, Britney = washed-up

FLIP Joven
06-12-2005, 04:55 AM
I have all of NSYNC's full albums, (NSYNC, No Strings Attached, and Celebrity). I know you may think I'm weird cause I'm a boy and I listen to that stuff, but I don't care. I like what I like. I have Fabolous - Real Talk, Mos Def - The New Danger, Jay-Z - The Black Album, Jay-Z/Linkin Park - Collision Course, all Linkin Park CD's (Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora, except for Live in Texas), Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue, Eminem - Encore, The Clipse - Lord Willin', Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane, Mase - Welcome Back, Will Smith - Lost and Found, Jesse McCartney - Beautiful Soul (Don't ask, I don't know why I decided to buy it, but for some reason I like it), Justin Timberlake - Justified, JC Chasez - Schizophrenic, Usher - Confessions, Beastie Boys - To the 5 Boroughs, Mario Winans - Hurt No More, John Legend - Get Lifted, Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk, Brian McKnight - Superhero, Kanye West - The College Dropout, and soon in July, Kanye West - Late Registration. LOL. That's my list of CD's.

Amaru
06-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Are you referring to Christina Aguilera? If so, then you need your ears checked buddy. Yes, Christina has an overwhelmingly powerful vice. But compared to celine? No way.. I dont think yu've heard Celine Dion at her best, she outsung an entire symphony choir!!!

And fyi Celine started singing just as young as Christina..

Visual
06-12-2005, 04:23 PM
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera
Green Day - Dookie
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Paradise Lost - At The BBC
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
Slayer - Undisputed Attitude (uncensored)
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
The Sisters of Mercy - Floodland
Vivaldi Greatest Hits

Alakazam
06-13-2005, 01:13 PM
(not counting all my animé OSTs, lol)

Evanesence - Fallen
Evanesence - Not for Your Ears
Evanesence - Origin
Green Day - American Idiot (I really gotta get Dookie....)
Green Day - Nimrod
Hoobastank - The Reason
Kill Bill Vol. I OST
Michelle Branch - The Spirit Room
Muse - Abolsulution
Rammstein - Sehnschut
The Calling - Camino Palmero
Yellowcard - Midget Tossing
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
Yellowcard - One for the Kids
Yellowcard - Still Standing
Yellowcard - The Underdog
Yellowcard - Where We Stand

Thomas-san
06-14-2005, 09:55 AM
Now
Now 2
Now 3
Now 4
Now 5
Now 7
Now 11
Now 12
John Mayer - Room For Squares
John Mayer - Bigger Than My Body
Crossfade
Rob Thomas - Something To Be
Rob Thomas - Something More
Gavin Degraw - Chariot
Fall Out Boy - From Under The Cork Tree
Audioslave
Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill
Alanis Morissette - Eight Easy Steps
3 Doors Down - Away From the Sun
3 Doors Down - Seventeen Days
Green Day - 1039 / smoothed out slappy hours
Green Day - Dookie
Green Day - Insomniac
Green Day - Nimrod
Green Day - American Idiot
Green Day - International Superhits
Alter Bridge
No Doubt - Don't Speak Single CD
Modest Mouse
Greyline
Creed - Weatherd
School of Rock Soundtrack
My Favoirte Band - Tyrannosaurus Rocks
The Used
Yellow Card - Ocean Avenue
Sugar Ray - Sugar Ray
The Killers - Hot Fuss
U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
The Goo Goo Dolls - Dizzy Up The GIrl
Simple Plan
Binge - Anna Kournikova
Unwritten Law - Here's to the mourning
Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
Matchbox Twenty - More Than You think you are
Good Charlotte - Young and the Hopeless
The All American Rejects

I have more in my room that I have no idea where they are...those are just the ones I had in a cd case...

Guilder
06-17-2005, 02:25 AM
Celine Dion sung with a symphony choir and you could hear her over the choir!!

So? I could probably shout a lot louder then the whole choir, which wouldn't make my singing any less horrible. Hell, even if I tried my voice'd be low enough to creat a constant buzzing through the singing of those more vocally gifted, but I'd still suck. You can't use power without souplesse :ermm:

Also, I personally hate her voice. I'd put cusswords in front of her name if that wasn't against PE2K rules. Seriously now, there's plenty of people that are GOOD at singing, and I admit that filthy Dion is one of them, but being good (e.g. reaching high tones, being able to shift, sense of rhythm and volume) won't help you a bit if the sound of your voice sucks.

Cricket Christina has the same problem: her voice sucks. Plus, she goes way too high way too suddenly and sometimes just starts shouting, which any old fool can do. And please, don't even TRY to put britney in there. The only thing she's good for is for the male crowd (possibly lesbians, if I may be so blunt, too).

As for my choice in musin (to stay on-topic), I download too. Mostly J-rock, older music (70's-80's), The Police, New found glory, Emo (some of it really is cool), non-commercial (!) hiphop, regular rock, punk and reggae. The only original records I own are by Daft Punk. (http://daftpunk.com/)

remoraid4eva
06-17-2005, 05:02 AM
i love my beyonce cd's and shakira ones! :razz:

Amaru
06-17-2005, 10:25 AM
I didnt compliment britney at all, I cant stand her.. Celine Dion's voice doesnt sound crap to me, its only your OPINION that her voice sounds crap. It is FACT that her voice is among the most powerful, whether or not you like it.

My favourite singers are the black males, eg boyz II men, R. Kelly, Joe, Brian McKnight, Ginuwine, Kci and Jojo, Tyrese, Babyface, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder. These are just a few examples.

In fact, Celine Dion in all honesty is the only white person in my top 100 singers.. It's nothing to do with the fact she is white, dont take it that way. Black people have a thing called soul power, something white people rarely possess. Its the soul power identified in the singing that appeals to me.

Alicia Keys, Lauryn Hill, Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, Mary J Blige, The 3 girls of Destinys Child as solo artists (too poppy as a group), En Vogue, Faith Evans etc etc etc are all female favourites.

Rap/Hip hop is my favourite genre though.

Guilder
06-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Yes, I believe I already admitted her voice is powerful, after which I continued to point out that power is nothing without souplesse. If you read more into that, you'd understand that everyone can shout loud, but merely some can make it sound good. Celine Dion can't do that.

Also, soul power is a bunch of nonsense. I described it earlier as having a pleasant voice. Seriously now, singing is nothing legendary, there's a pure physiological explanation for having a nice voice. Soul power is too mythological a term for me.

Amaru
06-19-2005, 12:42 AM
Celine Dion can't do that. = Opinion. That was my point.