PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars

Exon Auxus
05-26-2005, 08:46 PM
I was just wondering. What do you guys think it would be like if STAR WARS was real?

Marill
05-26-2005, 09:13 PM
I think it would rock! If I had the opportunity, I would want to train under Yoda. Heh, he's so cool! I would definitely be a Jedi in-training, and would work non stop to defeat evil. Maybe Star Wars really is real? Who knows.

Sudo
05-26-2005, 09:25 PM
I know must will sound realy boring but i think i would stay on Earth. No light-sabre fighting for me!

double o G
05-26-2005, 10:26 PM
Id be in outer space alongside the Rebellion.

Wait Darth Vader dont hurt me.hjbv hugbkgnjfdviugn

Lord Celebi
05-26-2005, 11:30 PM
Among other things, I'd Start a rogue Sith sect... Maybe THE DARK COUNCIL. Then I'd used advanced science to become a cyborg, then take over the Universe.

Orange_Flaaffy
05-26-2005, 11:48 PM
If it was real it would have already happened, and nowhere near the earth at that.
Note the line 'A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.." :wink:

Smurf
05-27-2005, 12:44 AM
That would be interesting. Definatly want an X-wing, not to mention a lightsaber. Don't know if I'd want to be a jedi though, seems hard, though awsome. =P I'd settle for a blaster and my X-wing though. :wink:

Incongruity
05-27-2005, 02:30 AM
star wars is real you fools.

It is a story told in the future told in a different area.

And in the future, our present would be their past. (Well, sort of. After a few billion years, a few thousand years of history seem short)

And our galaxy would be one far away compared to their galaxy.

It's just that with time and distance and translation, etc., stories get distorted.

This is a potential story that would be told about Caesar/Napoleon/Hitler/Nixon/etc. in a different setting.

I'll take this moment to note i'll be on hiatus for a bit. Might come on AIM/MSN.

Exon Auxus
05-27-2005, 01:05 PM
I think it would be cool too! Having lightsabers.... But there is the matter of death.

Bashaamo
05-27-2005, 09:51 PM
This seems more like "Chat" than discussion to me. :neutral:

However, my ideal SW life would be that of a mandalorian warrior.

Exon Auxus
05-28-2005, 02:02 AM
I would probably be on the Dark Side. :evil:

Matthew
05-29-2005, 08:00 PM
I don't know if I would want to train to be a jedi... it seems like you have to be determined and dedicate your entire life to training... I don't think I would have the patience.... though I would like to have alightsaber and do all that cool stuff... I would definatley be on the 'good' side. You know... the one fighting against Sidious, Vader, and the First Galactic Empire. Chad... training under Yoda would be friggin awesome, but think about it... how many people would be wanting to do that? Yoda would be like a celebrity... kinda hard to get in contact with....

Exon Auxus
05-30-2005, 01:49 AM
I don't know if I would want to train to be a jedi... it seems like you have to be determined and dedicate your entire life to training... I don't think I would have the patience.... though I would like to have alightsaber and do all that cool stuff... I would definatley be on the 'good' side. You know... the one fighting against Sidious, Vader, and the First Galactic Empire. Chad... training under Yoda would be friggin awesome, but think about it... how many people would be wanting to do that? Yoda would be like a celebrity... kinda hard to get in contact with....

If you are fighting against Vader, Sious, Maul, you are fighting against the Sith side. A.K.A. evil.

Matthew
05-30-2005, 11:16 AM
But as Anakin put it in Ep3, good is but a perception of human ignorance... their side is always the 'good' side, and the opposing side they are fighting against is the 'bad' side... it is all a matter a point of view. I had the '' marks in thier to put emphasis on the bad/good because I view their side as teh 'bad' side... doesn't nesicarily make them bad. In a sense, we are all on teh 'good' side... just not to each other... it's a sad sad world... galaxy... or universe or what not... lol.

Oh... and thanks for repeating exactly what I just said in that post... lol :rolleyes:

If you are fighting against Vader, Sious, Maul, you are fighting against the Sith side. A.K.A. evil

I would definatley be on the 'good' side. You know... the one fighting against Sidious, Vader, and the First Galactic Empire

Great way to reply :P

Thanatos
05-30-2005, 12:07 PM
Ehem. The Sith Code.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Sign me up!

Marill
05-30-2005, 05:29 PM

True... If only he had a twin brother, or cousin or something. Yoda is my favorite character within the series, and I would try to stop at nothing to train under him. I would just have to try and rise to the occasion, if you know what I mean. True... A lot of patience would be required, and that's something I usually am not capable of. It would be a true test of my abilities.

Bashaamo
05-30-2005, 05:42 PM
There are other beings of the same species as Yoda, such as Yaddle. Nevertheless it would be nice to train with Yoda, although I'd rather train with a badass like Qui Gon.

Exon Auxus
05-30-2005, 07:13 PM
I never thought this thread would get 2 pages that fast!

I would love to train under Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker. But I'm so angry that Star Wars is over.

Marill
05-30-2005, 09:49 PM
There are other beings of the same species as Yoda, such as Yaddle. Nevertheless it would be nice to train with Yoda, although I'd rather train with a badass like Qui Gon.

Really? I'm going to go try and find out about this character. Hmm... Yaddle. That doesn't sound as cool as Yoda, but you never know! Also, I have heard about various rumours that George Lucas will be planning and creating follow-up movies, such as Episodes 7-8-9. Is this true, or just plain hearsay?

thepokingmaster123
05-30-2005, 10:39 PM
Hmm... I would probably try to tap deeper into the force. I would study both the sides, and unlock the true power of the force. After all; true power is achieved through completion; and completion is achieved through abandoning the bond between the two sides of the force.

Exon Auxus
05-31-2005, 04:26 AM
I would try to revive the Dark Reaper. It's virtually indestructable.

Matthew
05-31-2005, 07:22 AM
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain arrogance.
Through arrogance, I find my downfall.
The Force shall be the end of me.

The true Sith motto.... :rolleyes:

Like Sidious says: 'The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural'

The force in general is unnatural... but it doesn't mean it is something to be abused, which is what the Dark Jedi do...

Exon Auxus
05-31-2005, 07:27 AM
Well, Sidious was not always on the Dark Side(Sith), he was turned over to the Sith form the Dark Reaper

Matthew
05-31-2005, 07:32 AM
Uh... as long as I can rememeber, Palpatine has always been Sidious... heh... But regardless, how long he has been with the Dark side isn't relevant at all... it still doesn't deny the fact that he is on the dark side... does it now? :rolleyes:

Exon Auxus
05-31-2005, 07:38 AM
No it doesn't. But Anakin was led to the dark side the same way Sidious was. If Sidious was not on the Dark Side, than Anakin wouldn't be on the dark side.

Matthew
05-31-2005, 07:52 AM
I assure that Anakin would have ended up their anyway... I mean look at his manner throuought the entire movie... he let his emotions eat him away, which ultimatley led him to the dark side... you do know why he turned... right? Because he saw it as the only way to save his dying wife in labor... In all rights, it was Padme+uncontrollable emotions, that ironically, led him to the unstable pathway to the dark side which would cause her to lose hope in living...

Exon Auxus
05-31-2005, 08:03 AM
You've got a point. But still, Anakin led his attack in Sith City. He was drawn do Lord Sidious. And Yoda told him that it was his destiny. So it could not be chanc=ged either way.

Marill
05-31-2005, 03:11 PM
Also, I have heard about various rumours that George Lucas will be planning and creating follow-up movies, such as Episodes 7-8-9. Is this true, or just plain hearsay?

Eh, can anyone answer this?

As for the Anakin turning evil discussion: Why did he stay evil after he realized what he had done to her? Why didn't that scare him off from the dark side, so that he would try to atone for his actions through good actions? Wouldn't that be what Padme wanted?

And, what Episode is "Yaddle" in? I've asked some of my friends who are devote Star Wars fans, and they don't ever recall him.

Incongruity
05-31-2005, 07:10 PM
I find myself drawn strongly to the light side. Keeping the peace is something I feel I'm meant to do. Also, my previous work with bamboo rods and other weapons would compliment my skills with the light saber. Piloting skills are a little more difficult, but it does seem intriguing.
I'd much perfer to train under Obi Won Kenobi to Yoda, however.
bamboo rods would be completely different from a lightsaber in that the only significant mass in a lightsaber is the hilt.

Bashaamo
05-31-2005, 07:46 PM
There will be no VII, VIII, or IX

Lucas has made that very clear. Star Wars is about Anakin Skywalker, and now that he is dead, so is the saga. The series was originally planned to have 9 moives, but then end of the series was still with the death of Anakin, and the death of the emperor. However he condesnsed the saga to 6 films, but it is still the same storyline.

There are some rumors and signs that there will be a prequel to the saga (like how the Hobbit was to LOtR). Which would concern Yoda (who would be the only character from the Saga) as a young(er) Jedi living in a galaxy free of the Sith. However this is not set in stone.

SW will live on through the television seires (which will fill in the gap between III and IV) as well as an animated series, a la Clone Wars.

If that isn't enough, then I suggest you start looking into the EU = Expanded Universe novles, it is not written by Lucas so it isn't absolute "cannon" but does follow with the continuity of Star Wars, and is apporoved by Lucas Books.

-Bash

Marill
05-31-2005, 08:01 PM
First, thank you for filling me in on everything. It's been ages since I saw the "old" episodes, and I still haven't seen Episode 2. That may explain why I don't know as much as you guys do.

There's a regular television series? Hmm, I never knew. I obsereved that on CN there was Clone Wars, but I don't know how that fits into the grand scheme of things. And as for Yaddle... Is he in EU?

Incongruity
05-31-2005, 08:17 PM
I believe yaddle is a she. Basically a younger and uglier version of yoda

Exon Auxus
05-31-2005, 08:24 PM
Eh, can anyone answer this?

As for the Anakin turning evil discussion: Why did he stay evil after he realized what he had done to her? Why didn't that scare him off from the dark side, so that he would try to atone for his actions through good actions? Wouldn't that be what Padme wanted?

And, what Episode is "Yaddle" in? I've asked some of my friends who are devote Star Wars fans, and they don't ever recall him.

Umm, Kronos and I know a lot about Star Wars. And I don't believe there will be follow-up movies. They said that Star Wars Epsidoe three Revenge of the Sith was the final Chapter. However, Star Wars is complex and long like Lord of the Rings, so there may be a possibility of follow-up movies. If so, please post here telling me when they will be.

Smurf
05-31-2005, 08:59 PM
There will be no VII, VIII, or IX

-Bash

There's your answer, Silver Skarmory. =\ I knew this before that, saw something about it on the website. There won't be any movies beyond Vader's death. You obviously don't know as much as you think. :wink:

Though, if you read Bash's post, there might be a prequal. Which, IMO, will most likely bite. =\

Exon Auxus
06-01-2005, 01:08 AM
It's pretty sad that there will be no more Star Wars. And it looks like there will be no more small sequel movies.

Bashaamo
06-01-2005, 03:09 AM
Hey Guys,

Just to clear thing up. It has been confirmed by Lucas that there will be a live action television series, and as of right now it will be set during the time between the trilogies. The most likey storyline is that it will follow a female Jedi knight who survived the "Jedi Purge" and there are rumors that Boba Fett will be part of the cast as well. But we do know that there will be a live action show set to air sometime in 2006.

Lucas has also stated that he would like to continue with an animated series, only it would be in 3-D animation. I'm not sure where this would fit in with the SW universe, it could be a continuation of "Clone Wars" even though the series has ended. It may show more battles than the first show did, who knows. But there will be an animated series.

It is not sure that there will be a prequel movie to the Saga, but if there is another movie, this seems like it will be the only logical time period for it to be set in. As of right now there are now plans to do anything Star Wars related after Return of the Jedi. The saga is about Anakin, not Luke, Han or Mara Jade.

And here is a link to Yaddle. SK is right, she is hideous. IMO they should have never made another thing the same species as Yoda, it takes away from his mystique.

Yaddle: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yaddle/index.html

-Bash

Exon Auxus
06-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Awesome. Excellent to know that there will be a Star Wars TV show. I'm going to have to tune in every night.

Smurf
06-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, Bash. =) That should be kind of interesting. I get to be a geek like TT! But instead of watching stargate, I'll be watching star wars! :rolleyes:

Btw, nice seeing you around more, Bash. =) Don't know if you picked up or not, but it's Ierdar. =)

King Zark
06-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Can you guys tell me where I can download Star Wars 4, 5 and 6 off the internet?

Since you know a lot about starwars.

Exon Auxus
06-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Well, to be honest with you, I know a lot about Star Wars movies and games. Not CDs. I know a lot more about The Empire Strikes back and other movies. perhaps you can downloads movies and CDs on StarWars.com. I've only been there a couple times.

Smurf
06-01-2005, 07:42 PM
If you're asking how to download them for free, that's illegal. So, I can't tell you on the forum. =P And knowing where to download it has nothing to do with knowing anything about starwars. ._.

Exon Auxus
06-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Come to think of it, I really do not know where you can download Star Wars CDs. Just leave the CDs alone and focus on the movies. o_0

Matthew
06-03-2005, 12:38 AM
CD's are those round shiny things that you put into the computer and it reads the files OFF of the CD... you don't download the CD... just the files ON it. Besides... it's illegal to download them, so save your money and go out and buy them... :rolleyes:

MystiKal
06-03-2005, 03:03 AM
If Star Wars was real I would most likely be a Sith Lord trained under Darth Maul, too bad he died. I also would collect the Jedis Lightsabers like Genreal Grevious when I had killed one.

Exon Auxus
06-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Darth Maul died in Episode III right? Sadly, I have never seen episode three. +_+

MystiKal
06-03-2005, 04:56 PM
No he was killed in Episode, I think he should have lasted longer. >:F

Exon Auxus
06-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Darth Vader's death was basically the end of Star Wars. Amazing how George Lucas could organize all of this.

King Zark
06-04-2005, 12:26 PM
anakin is pretty stupid!

He joins the dark side to save Padamay's life and he ends of killing her.

Exon Auxus
06-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Anakin's evil is why he join the dark side.......And there are many reasons and theories as to why he did so.

Smurf
06-05-2005, 12:56 AM
Anakin's evil is why he join the dark side.......And there are many reasons and theories as to why he did so.

It wasn't his evil, it was to save Padmay or however you spell her lame name. He was too easily minipulated and too neive to understand that was not the way. Since he didn't understand, he switched to the dark side in interest of gaining that power to be able to save her. It wasn't that he was evil at all. =P

Exon Auxus
06-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I told you, there are many reasons and theories as to why he did so. A lot of people have different viewpoints.

Matthew
06-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Why don't you explain some of them then?

And you ou are wrong SS.... Anakin went over for solely and ironically for love... if you saw the movie, you would notice that Padme dies in childbirth and the Chancellor mentions how the dark force has the ability to save loved ones from dying, so, throughout the movie, anakin internally struggles what to do, and when he sees his last chance almost escape (Mace almost killing the Chancellor) Anakin forcefully stops him and let's Palpatine kill Mace, as a result, Anakin turns to the dark side, cause he sees no other way to save his love from an untimely death.... ultimately, this sad turn of fate is the reason why Padme dies in the first place (because she can't be with Anny anymore, she sees no reason to live and loses the will to live.)

There... I hope I enlightened you :P

Zark, Anakin himself didn't kill Padme, as I explained, but his turn to the dark side and following a path that she could not, and because she could not be with her love, she lost the will to live which resulted in her death...

I hope that explains a little :P

Bashaamo
06-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Kronos is right methinks.

However we do see Anakin in ATOC showing his tendencies toward hate, fear and anger, all of which can lead to the dark side. Despite having these flaws he is still a devoted Jedi and even at the begining of ROTS, he still thinks that the Jedi are superior to the Sith.

Palpatine recognizes that Anakin has much fear and anger and he plays off of this. He is able to use the possible death of Padmae to sway Anakin to the dark side. So it is fair to say that Anakin betrayed Mace Windu and the Jedi because he knew that Palpatine could help him out. However it is also incorrect to say that that was the only cause of his turning.

Matthew
06-09-2005, 12:31 AM
*corrects self*

His main reason... lol.

His emotions were the reason he turned out to be the jedi he was not supposed to be... He let them get in the way of his training...

That ignorant, emotional fool :rolleyes:

Exon Auxus
06-09-2005, 02:50 AM
eheh, sadly, haven't seen Star Wars episode three. :oops:

Matthew
06-09-2005, 07:29 AM
eheh, sadly, haven't seen Star Wars episode three. :oops:

Go and see it! It's really one of the best 6... at least top three... It's personally my fave. It pwns the first two, and I would say it competes with the best of the original three.

Exon Auxus
06-09-2005, 03:23 PM
I know, everyone has seen it except me.