PDA

View Full Version : The Ivory Bridge: Discussion

17wolfgirls
06-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Sign-Up: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84091
IC Thread: Not up yet

Plot Summary - Yes, I know this was in the Sign Ups, but this is just for my sake. I'm an organizer.

They're cute, they're cuddly, they.... all look the same. Ever wonder how the pokemon of two completely different species you leave in the Daycare center manage to produce an egg that looks EXACTLY like the mother's species? Or why Shinies are so rare? And even when you capture a Shiny, there's only one color variation. Even Cipher, who owned a gigantic lab, didn't get the urge to experiment with pokemon DNA. Coincidental?

I thought not. Truth is, Shinies and hybrids are like the diamonds of our world. A huge underground market for them exists, and is run by those dastardly groups trainers "single-handedly bring down" in one mighty adventure. That's right. Team Rocket, Cipher, Team Galactic, and Team Snagem all have a higher purpose.

And the only way that these overpriced pokemon can get them the profits is that if they are rare.

All the Daycare centers are sponsered by these teams, and are required to hand hybrid eggs over and replace them with a purebred egg. The parent pokemon are tricked into thinking these are their eggs with the use of scents gathered during training. Most of the workforce is out in the field, capturing oddly colored pokemon found. Clever marketing makes the public believe that shinies and hybrids are a symbol of wealth. Experimentation does take place, but in such secrecy that it would be nearly impossible to find and prove.

So what of the extras that don't get sold, or the experiments that fail? If there is room, they brought to a secret place. Ivory Island. Some might be sales in waiting, while others are placed simply for observation. Cameras are stashed everywhere, and an underground base of humans keeps track of their victims.

All is not hopeless. Team Aqua and Team Magma (when they're not fighting each other) have bases all around the world, trying as hard as they can to expose this mess to the public.

Will they succeed? And what of the trapped pokemon?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Okay, I have your basic ideas for the plot, as well as a bunch of NPCs that'll be making stuff happen. However, in the other place I started this idea, I kept things intentionally vague so that the players could help develop and get involved with the plot.

So, if any of you are interested, here are some major things.

The Lawmaking process
I originally had the idea of this pokemon world to be very much a fascist land, where the strongest got power. The Gym Leaders and Elite Four of each region would act like the main lawmaking body, coming together to vote on particular issues. Each Gym Leader would also act like the mayor of their town, providing local laws and controlling the local law enforcement. As for the current Champion of each region, they can be a part of this process, or they could (most often) act like a public figurehead, the example for which young trainers wish to follow. Dark and depressing, I know.

Current Regions and their status on Hybrids
Which leads me into my second point. All of the regions from the GBA games, anime, and GC games will be present and active in this rp. As of right now, the only region I have a set status on is Orre, and that's for plot purposes. I would like you all to develop the other regions for me, but please keep in mind that we need a lot of conflict to get this rp going. So while some places can be more tolerant than others, please, no "WE ALL LURV HYBRIDS". Feel free to include any popular or controversial laws that have been passed.

Kanto:
Johto:
Orange Islands:
Hoen:
Sinnoh:
Orre: The only non-Team affiliated hybrid market exists in Pyrite Town, holding a grand sale once a year, that draws people from all over. Over in Phenac City, most of the rich make their homes, and look down upon the hybrid phenomena. But with only one Gym Leader in the entire region, there's not much they can do about the "ruffians" of Pyrite.

The Plot
Right now, I have some basic introduction scenarios planned out. Please, no one start in Orre. Over the course of the rp I will slowly begin to shove you guys towards Pyrite Town just in time for the big hybrid market, but ideas for what would motivate your character to go there are more than welcome. The story will really hit once the big event in Pyrite Town occurs, and after that, things will move up pace wise. What happens after this big event, though, will depend on what you guys do and want. It's your rp as much as mine now, so help out!

More info will come about Ivory Island once the introduction scenes are over and the plot begins to kick in.

Jael
06-15-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm really excited. ^^
How exactly are we gonna start, though?
For the regions stance, I think Kanto should be against hybrids, etc. They're the 'oldest' region, so they could be against change, and not want any experiments or hybrids or anything.

17wolfgirls
06-15-2008, 11:22 PM
We're starting off with an opening scene over in Hoen, as that's the only place I have an idea for. If anyone else has ideas for any of the other regions, feel free to shoot them. I want a bit of discussion going on before I start the IC.

And yes, I would think that Kanto would be the most conservative of the places. If you want to define just how things are over there, Jael, feel free. Especially since you're the first one to reply to this thread.

ALSO: As mentioned before, start thinking of reasons why your character would want to eventually go to Pyrite Town. Plot ideas are very very helpful!

Fishy
06-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Question: Okay so let's say another person signs up for Team Aqua and they roleplayed with the boss, but there was another person who roleplayed Archie as well-could we possibly assign a boss to roleplay to one person to prevent this from happening?

17wolfgirls
06-16-2008, 12:21 AM
I think I know what you're getting at.

All the characters from the games shall be there, but I will be rping them all as NPCs. If someone makes a character sheet for that specific game character and I approve it, then that shall change. Until then, I have control of all of the bosses.

Fishy
06-16-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks..
Are we aloud to catch pokemon? Like let's say my character Sally walked into some tall grass and found a pokemon: Would I have to put that pokemon on my character sheet???

17wolfgirls
06-16-2008, 01:11 AM
I wouldn't say you should have to update your sheet every time. Yes, you can catch pokemon, but that isn't really the focus of this rp. This is talking about a world-wide conspiracy!

Sight of the Stars
06-16-2008, 02:43 AM
Well, at one point, maybe we can have some battle scenes and conflicts between rivals.

Kamekazi
06-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Well, are there gonna be gym battles and such? Cuz that would be a good reason for my twins to go... or maybe they heard something about thier parents being alive... hm...

17wolfgirls
06-16-2008, 01:42 PM
I suppose... but all that stuff should be introduction stuff. I prefer more linear plotlines, and focusing too much on the average pokemon trainer experience would really cause the plot to loose focus.

But perhaps using the idea of the twins' parents being alive could be a good motivation for going to Pyrite Town.

Fishy
06-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Great. Don't mean to be to hasty but when are we going to start roleplaying?