PDA

View Full Version : Using the profile Messaging for URPG?

Soda
06-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I think it could be a good Idea, of course you'd have to work the kinks out and refresh a lot, but don't you think we could try something like it? I know it's not nearly as fast as AIM, but it's a little faster than Forum thread battles, and I mean really only a little, I mean a mod could make a few accounts and we could use them, it's just you'd have to find a ref before hand like on AIM, please lock if this is a bad idea ;]

Fire Away
06-28-2008, 08:15 PM
I think it could be a good Idea, of course you'd have to work the kinks out and refresh a lot, but don't you think we could try something like it? I know it's not nearly as fast as AIM, but it's a little faster than Forum thread battles, and I mean really only a little, I mean a mod could make a few accounts and we could use them, it's just you'd have to find a ref before hand like on AIM, please lock if this is a bad idea ;]

I don't exactly see how it'd be faster than a forum battle...you're posting a move, your opponent is posting a move, and you wait for your ref to ref it. Just because it's in a different format doesn't mean it'd be faster. It'd also be way harder for the ref to keep track of.

GreyScale
06-28-2008, 08:22 PM
good idea but to be honest just because the formatted differnent doesnt meet that the game will be faster. good try though.

Soda
06-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Well I'm just saying it would be a way, I mean, It's faster to post, the only differance would be a lot of reffreshin, it's just a guestimation!

Jack of Clovers
06-28-2008, 11:51 PM
*moved from Feedback to URPG*

I think we'll leave forum battles where they are. It's easier for everyone this way.

~Jack~

Haze
06-29-2008, 11:05 PM
If anything that would take longer than a forum battle :x

Psychedelic Shroomish
06-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Yeah, and those profiles are way too full of spam to have a battle going on in them.

It would probably take much longer.

RPGBoss
07-18-2008, 02:03 AM

I give you credit for Brainstorming ideas for the URPG...But given the fact that all the members have given a NO go to this idea (including Leprachaun) I am going to have to give it a NO go as well...

But like I said...great job for trying to find ways to make the URPG a better place for all of us!!!:biggrin: