PDA

View Full Version : What kind of RPs interests you?

mytentacle
06-29-2008, 08:35 PM
I'd like to get an general idea of what you guys think is a fun RP, what kinds you like.

I guess you could file the RPs under the heavy categories such as Fantasy, Futuristic, modern and so on. But on a more specific level; special powers, realistic, vampirism, post-apocalyptic... well, there are tons of themes.

What floats your boat?

Psychic Oats
06-30-2008, 02:41 AM
Mmm... I like to have wide horizons. :3 Keeping a variety of interests guarentees diversity in the people ya RP with, and the more people ya RP with, the more ya learn. But generally, when I'm trying not to swamp myself in too many RP's, I tend to stick to fantasy. That including RP's based off of popular shows, medieval fantasy RP's, futuristic... the whole nine yards.

Lord Fedora
06-30-2008, 03:00 AM
I'm a fan of Fantasy and Sci-fi, not much else. But, like with Oats, I keep an open mind. If an RP looks good, I'll usualy give it a shot. Oh, and one with a creator who actually understands the basic concepts of writing too. That helps.

Scourge of Amaranth
06-30-2008, 03:04 AM
I stick to fantasy and sci-fi, like the previous two... unless something 'special' catches my eye. I'll make exceptions for talented writers, friends, or promising plots and generally shy away from RPs that utilize canon characters.

Innocent Bystander
07-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Hm. Overall, I'd say I'm a nut for all the semi-realistic fantasy things out there. But I'll do just about anything if it catches my eye. Right now, I'm going through my Pokémon Phase, but I used to do a lot of swords and sorcery stuff. At one point I tried to start a courtroom RP. Then I moved on to fighter jets, and now I'm hard at work on futuristic racing. So, if things are thoroughly thought out, I'll have at least some interest.

But things that have to do with angels and demons tend to scare me away for some reason.

Pokol DaErran
07-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I like RPs where there's room for lots of different types of characters. I usually won't join any RP where your characters don't have many options for customization.

Lonliness
07-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I would go with fantasy and adventure RP's. Like the enviorment and you get to go to different places. Fighting and stuff.

Normal Pokemon RP's don't usually catch my eye. Like when you are a trainer and you have Pokemon, that doesn't interest me in any way. I like Pokemon RP's that let you be a Pokemon, it also lets you understand more about what it is like to be a Pokemon.

Kei Ochima
07-11-2008, 09:39 PM
I love RP's that have a lot of action in it. Like the Kingdom Hearts one that im in right now. That one is my top favorite RP that i have ever joined. ^^