PDA

View Full Version : MissingNo. no?

Serebii
03-25-2004, 02:05 AM
...Hey, you guys all know about how you can make up to 100 duplicates of your sixth item in Red and Blue, right? Well, recently, I had two rare candies, I did the code (talked to the coffee-d00d once, said no, he caught Weedle AGAIN, flew to Cinnibar, surfed, found MissingNo.) but my rare candies stayed at two.
Did that happen to any of you?

UltimateShadow
03-25-2004, 03:56 PM
...Hey, you guys all know about how you can make up to 100 duplicates of your sixth item in Red and Blue, right? Well, recently, I had two rare candies, I did the code (talked to the coffee-d00d once, said no, he caught Weedle AGAIN, flew to Cinnibar, surfed, found MissingNo.) but my rare candies stayed at two.
It always worked for me in R/B, in my yellow, i never used the code, i was scared my elite four Hall Of Fame would be Screwed.

Saya
03-25-2004, 07:04 PM
It's always worked for my brother. I havent had a chance to do that in my red yet because I had just restarted my game when I found out about missing no. Thats interesting though.

Shroomish
03-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Hmmm, odd. The only thing I can think of is that maybe you had more Rare Candies than you thought.... Let me explain.
When you multiply an item, it gives you more than 100. (I think it's 128) Anyway, there's usually a little glitch box there instead of the first couple of numbers until you reach 99. Well, sometimes, for me anyway, there is no glitch box there, it's completely blank, thus, it looks just lik I have a single didget quanity of that item.
Sometimes, for me, items won't multiply if I have more than 99. *Shrugs* So, you might could try to use the two Rare Candies without saving and see if the glitch box appears/you reach 99, or if you truely do have 2 of the item.

Gah... I suck at explaining stuff.

It always worked for me in R/B, in my yellow, i never used the code, i was scared my elite four Hall Of Fame would be Screwed.

You can't use this trick in Yellow anyway. :P

Mechaflame
03-25-2004, 07:15 PM
I've done this trick over a hundred times. Literally. I've done it on my Red and Blue versions so many times, I lost count around in the 70's. Anyway, this trick always works for me. I caught the Missingno on my last try to duplicate my items. Now everything is all screwed up and I haven't played those games since. :smile:

Ironshell Blastoise
03-25-2004, 08:16 PM
I used it to get tradeback moves on my GSC pogiez, like Swords Dance and Substitute Tentacruel. Liek wut.

Anyway, you all would also be suprised to know there IS a way to get Mew in RB without using a GS or going to a Nintendo event. Its long and drawn out tho, and I can't explain everything in complete detail, because I forgot what happens in the cartridge to make it happen.

Saya
03-25-2004, 09:38 PM
Are you sure that the rare candys were the 6th item? Maybe you should try it again and see what happens.

Shroomish
03-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Are you sure that the rare candys were the 6th item? Maybe you should try it again and see what happens.
That's probably the problem. I made that long explaination for nothing. XD

Anyway, you all would also be suprised to know there IS a way to get Mew in RB without using a GS or going to a Nintendo event. Its long and drawn out tho, and I can't explain everything in complete detail, because I forgot what happens in the cartridge to make it happen.
Yeah, most people know about that now. Pretty cool glitch/cheat. :cool:

Serebii
03-25-2004, 11:42 PM
...Is it the one that includes Route 8, Fly, Cerulean (sp?) City, Lavendar Town, and fighting a Youngster?
I would like to know what actually -happened- in the cartridge...
Oh, and if that's what you're talking about, I did it last Sunday (March 21).

...Anyway, I figured out the problem. 'Turns out that I somehow had two sets of rare candies somehow, and yes, the set with only two -was- in the sixth spot, but the one with infinite was around the bottom...

Thanks anyway! ^_^;

Ironshell Blastoise
03-26-2004, 12:41 AM
It has something to do with hexadecimal or something with numbers on Pokemon...err... just go here >>>> http://white-cat.virtualave.net/pfiles/catchmew.htm

Thunderbird
03-26-2004, 09:47 AM
It has something to do with hexadecimal or something with numbers on Pokemon...err... just go here >>>> http://white-cat.virtualave.net/pfiles/catchmew.htm
The link won't work..go here instead:
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rbcatchmew.html

Serebii
03-26-2004, 11:28 AM
-shakes head-
I already know how to -catch- Mew, but I want to know -why- I can catch Mew...do you know what I mean? Like, why did the game make a Mew pop-up if you almost get seen by a gambler, fly, fight a youngster that walks, fly, and all that.
I want to know the details. Not what you can see (the screen), but what you can't (the insides of the cartridge).

Thunderbird
03-26-2004, 11:45 AM
^becoz it's a glitch. as simple as that.

Serebii
03-26-2004, 11:53 AM
...Exactly. I wanna know -why- it happened, though...-how- it happened. I want details.

Ironshell Blastoise
03-26-2004, 07:21 PM
-shakes head-
I already know how to -catch- Mew, but I want to know -why- I can catch Mew...do you know what I mean? Like, why did the game make a Mew pop-up if you almost get seen by a gambler, fly, fight a youngster that walks, fly, and all that.
I want to know the details. Not what you can see (the screen), but what you can't (the insides of the cartridge).

I already told you, it has to do with labeling Pokemon with Hexadecimals and such. Go to the link and read. Thanks t-bird for the extra link.