PDA

View Full Version : [DS] To Become a Beast

KOR
07-03-2008, 07:01 AM
To Become a Beast

“Be Careful when You Fight the Monsters, lest You Become One.”

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

New York City, the home of all different kinds of people. Middle-class workers, high-class businessmen, lowly homeless folk, and the occasional underground scientist developing a super soldier serum.

The year was 2010 and the United States was on the brink of war with the major powers in the Middle East, namely Iran and the newly entirely terrorist-controlled Iraq. With the President of the United States assassinated, imminent war was on the horizon. The U.S. Government was swift to approve a new, innovative solution to the country's dilemma; what was called the super-soldier serum project. The nation's brightest minds were brought together to assist in the immediate development of the serum. Then, those great minds were given two things: a colossal budget, and a total lack of restrictions. Nothing was beyond their reach.

Unfortunately, they could find no effective way to amplify normal human traits. They resorted to procuring DNA from alternate sources in order to intensify that of a human. Beasts of a plethora of species were taken: lions, bears, eagles, tigers, cheetahs, jaguars, and wolves; anything that contained suitable genetic traits that would be useful in strengthening or altering a human’s body. 100 people from all around the United States were kidnapped from their homes, their memories wiped, any trace of their existence erased. Throughout the nation, those 100 people vanished from the face of the Earth in a span of several days. They ceased to have ever been.

The experiment subjects were brought into the immense underground of New York City to be tested on. Here, there would be no suspicion. Beneath the sewers, tracing anything at all was virtually impossible. This sub-terrain area became the Animal Human Fusion Center, or AHFC. The subjects were each held in induced stasis and kept in the facilities until the formula was completed. It consisted of the combined DNA of two different animals, along with a special chemical that would bond the combination with the human subject's genetic material. Within a desirably short period of time, the 'super soldier' would be complete.

However, there was a crucial flaw hidden deep inside the scrupulous calculations, and upon injection of the serum, there was an unexpected and unsettling reaction. A majority of the subjects started to behave violently while gradually shifting into their beastly hybrid forms, demolishing everything in sight. They lost all sense of humanity and control. They weren't the super soldiers the scientists had anticipated. They were mindless abominations. There was no way to reverse the transformation and they were permanently locked into their crossbreed shapes. Working together like a pack of animals moving by instinct, the experiments fled into the sewers and, within moments, were gone without a trace. There were several casualties; the injuries, however, were a much more serious matter. As the surviving scientists lay beaten in the blood of their colleagues, another horrible, unplanned catastrophe was discovered. When the scientists were struck by the monsters, the virulent formula was transferred accidentally from hybrid to human. The scientists who had narrowly escaped death were now part of the pack they created. Soon they, too, had transformed completely, and they followed the rest of their brethren out into the sewers. Thus, the formula for a super soldier became the formula for a virus. Those infected with it became known as Virals to the government as well as the populace.

The situation escalated as the Virals escaped from the underground, spreading a frenzy of infection among the population of the city above. The number of existing Virals went from dozens to hundreds, to thousands. New York City was completely locked down, and anyone who hadn’t been lucky enough to escape was locked inside the hell that was once a great metropolis. The military took immediate action to mobilize into the city. Nevertheless, their weapons were totally ineffective against the incredible power of the Virals. Not only had they been given stronger bodies but, in addition, they had achieved abilities nearly beyond human comprehension. Some exhaled flame, while some others could materialize their hides to metallic strength. The scientists had succeeded in one aspect. The Virals were undoubtedly more capable than the average soldier. The military was slowly rendered useless as they lost greater and greater numbers to the potent and infectious hybrid ranks.

That was, until they unveiled the formidable Death Watch. These highly proficient special ops soldiers were equipped with vastly advanced technology in order to successfully combat the deadliest forces on the planet. They were the secret and elite armed force of the United States, and upon the incident in NYC, they were dispatched to target and engage the ever growing Viral numbers. The Death Watch were armed with powerful armor capable of defending them from the fast paced, close-quarters combat of the Virals. They carried high caliber weapons able to pierce through even the toughest surfaces. They were two even forces, and neither side showed any sign of slowing.

Back in the massive complex beneath a raging New York City, the abandoned AHFC was being inhabited by the several original test subjects that had been presumed dead after being injected with the formula. These few were, in actuality, the only experiments that had resulted in success. Having awakened only days after the disastrous incident, they had emerged from their capsules very much alive. Most were confused, some angry, but each of them had something in common. They desired answers. They could find only one scrap of information in the facility: their names. Shortly after coming upon a single, lasting fraction of their long lost identities, they realized that they, too, had been given extraordinary abilities. But for a single reason, they were not like the Virals. They had control. They could take on their hybrid structures at will while retaining their humanity and intelligence. With control over their minds came control over their bodies. They soon found that they could transform individual parts of their bodies without going into a complete hybrid transformation.

The minority that had command over their powers became known as the Infected. Despite the fact that the Infected had maintained their humanity, the Death Watch were given the grim order to eliminate both the Virals and their more human brethren. The targeting of the Infected on the part of the U.S. Government was what sparked a schism within the former group. After first being assailed by the Death Watch, the Infected grew to host two totally separate opinions on courses of action which gradually drove the group apart into two feuding factions.

The first side came to be known as the Brotherhood of Infected, a group of ruthless Infected that were willing to go to extremes in order to discover their former identities; their questions needed answers. They craved revenge on the government for ruining their lives, for changing them into what they are now. Any chance of having a normal life was wiped from the realm of possibility by the cruel hands of the nation's higher ups. And now, they exist solely for vengeance. They don’t care much for the wild, mindless Virals, and take to manipulating them in order to better combat the Death Watch, distracting the skilled soldiers with insignificant peons so as to focus on the completion of their own goals. They will even strike down Infected whose ideas differ from those of the Brotherhood without any hesitation.

The Alliance made up the remaining side. These were Infected who, despite also having a strong yearning to find their true selves, are reluctant to kill in order to achieve their goals. They are trying desperately to convince the government that they aren’t monsters, that they have control, compassion. Humanity. They do feel undeniable resentment towards the government, however slight it may be, but still refuse to resort to murder unless totally necessary. Their chief ambition is to cure both the Virals as well as themselves, and to discover the details of their earlier lives.

However, there is an underlying threat to the Infected. Those that repeatedly take their hybrid from to fight, that continue to let their beast side take control of their bodies, will gradually lose their minds to the beast within. Their humanity slips inch by inch into the darkness, kept only from being completely devoured through regulation of the amount of time spent in hybrid shape. Those who tend to remain in monstrous form for extended periods of time, or who are inclined to take it on too often, will be slowly eaten away from the inside, and will spiral into the mindset of a primitive Viral.

The battlefield has been set, the factions have been formed, and now all that we’re waiting for…

… Is you!

This is the discussion thread. I'll also try to do cliffnotes so that everyone can get caught up.

KOR
07-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Rules

1. Limited swearing. We’re all big boys and girls, so we can handle words like damn, crap, etc. However, we’re all mature as well, and I don’t want to see the F word every other sentence.
2. Romance is allowed. Don't get carried away, though.
3. This is a literate RP. That means NO ONE LINERS. I’ll make that clear. I want at least 1-2 paragraphs per post.
4. No god-modding, bunnying, etc.
5. Try to be active. That means 1-2 posts per day of substantial quantity and quality is greatly appreciated.
6. On the other hand, don’t post so much that everyone gets left behind. That’s bad.
7. Right wit god grammer nd speling cuz dat wat teh k00l kidz do.
8. The setting is New York City. There’s not going to be any leaving NYC. It’s pretty much locked down.
9. This takes place at least a few days after the formation of the Brotherhood of Infected and The Alliance. So that’s at least a week after the escape of the Virals.
10. MY WORD IS FINAL! I AM GOD! Well, I’m not really. Still, my word on sign-ups is final.
11. Of course, I need my Co-Leader. My Co-RPM in this RP is Psychic Oats. He swept this entire thing of all my grammar and spelling errors [PO: There were a lot. <<]. So everyone respect him as you would me.
12. (Oh yeah, and have fun, too. I guess. :p) XD

Note: The President of the United States is an unknown NPC. He approved the project AND the order to kill the Virals/Infected. I had the current one killed mainly because I didn’t want to bring in the potential Presidents (Obama and McCain), 'cause I don’t think either of them would approve of something like this. For the sake of the RP, the President is a complete stranger.

KOR
07-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Positions (When reserving, state which position you'd like.)

Military/Death Watch

Head of the Death Watch Squad: Psychic Oats/Reserved
Squad Leader Alpha: Titan/Cameron Shepard
Member 2: Anachron/Aaron Young
Member 3:
Member 4:
Member 5: iplaygc/Faya Cloe Engles
Squad Leader Beta: Eeveeking929/Cole Sieger
Member 2: ColdBoy/Ronald Hampton
Member 3:
Member 4:
Member 5:

(There’s more squads, but I doubt these will fill up. I expect at least two squad leaders and the Head to be filled. The rest can be NPC's that the squad leaders and Head control. If you're signing up for these positions, then please PM me for more info on the Death Watch.)

Head General: KingofRohan888/Charles Britik
Soldier 1:
Soldier 2:
Soldier 3:

(The soldiers aren’t needed, but if anyone wants to be a regular soldier then by all means, go ahead. The general is a ‘main’ character, so to speak, so I’ll be taking him. He’ll mainly be out of the spotlight until later, though.)

The Brotherhood of Infected

Leader: KingofRohan888/Zeto Tenzo
Co-Leader: Iplaygc/Marc Christopher Lelle
Member 3: Empoleonx2/Aesera
Member 4: RocketMeowth/Blitz Johnson
Member 5: Skiboydoggy/Raidiese Takaya
Member 6: Splishee/Zayla Brown
Member 7: Anachron/Ennio Marquez

(I expect these to fill-up fast. I’ll put up more member positions if the need arises.)

The Alliance

Leader: Saraibre/Reserved
Co Leader: Tyranitar Trainer/Jou Powers
Member 3:Bronislav84/Zela Kang
Member 4: Eeveeking929/Sarah Sieger
Member 5: Tiana_M/ Elizabeth "Liza" Landry
Member 6: Gaby/Rena Colopa

REJECTED: (SU's that didn’t make the cut.)

Huntiz
Kim Warwick[PO: Orly? 0v0][KoR: Ya rly, but people suck at RP'ing so they post bad sign-up]

Hybrids Taken:
Cheetah/Eagle: Eeveeking929
Chameleon/Camain(Crocodile): Saraibre
Black Panther/Scorpion: KingofRohan888
Cheetah/Peregrin Falcon: Bronislav84
Raven/Pine marten: Iplaygc
Red-Wolf/Red Tail Hawk: Tiania _M
Cheetah/Raven or Snow Leopard/Bird of Paradise: Rocket Meowth

KOR
07-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Extra Info

*Information will be edited in once it gets edited.

Brotherhood of Infected:

The Alliance:

1: We do not attack unless it is for defence of yourself or others. This includes defending the Death Watch if absolutely nesecary (I still can't spell that word) and even if the Brotherhood of the Infected are near, do not engage in a fight unless there is good reasoning behind it.

2: Strictly, no one is to go to the surface, not even the cathedral, alone between after dawn and before dusk; during the day, with the exception of diurnal scouts. If one needs to go above ground, everyone goes. In a case that this is impossible due to an injured ally or such, half will go, half will stay. During dusk to dawn hours in the night, no group goes under the minimal amount of a pair.

3: Do not come underground or inside the cathedral if you are being followed or in a fight. If trapped above ground because of a fight or being pursued, call for assistance immediately.

4: Any injury is to be dealt with according to the severity. If a certain level of severity is reached, withdrawl from a fight is absolute.

5: Let someone know where you're going, plan on going and what you're doing if I (Amanor) or the Co-Leader, Jou are not around. If anything unusual or threatening happens we expect it to be reported.

The Death Watch:

The Virals:

---
FAQ

Question 1: Can Infected spread the virus like the Virals can?

Yes they can. However, here are some things to note.

Members of the Alliance will NOT infect other humans. There purpose is to find a cure, not infect more humans.

The BoI will infect other humans, to add to their ranks, but not excessively.

There is in fact a chance that those that are biten, slashes, injured can turn into Virals. It's completely random, with the ratio of Infected to Virals 20:80. So while it is possible, the two groups largely avoid it.

Question 2: When the Infected go from their hybrid forms to their original human forms, will they lose all their clothing in the process?
Yes, but it depends on a few things.

If your body size increases much larger than a human your clothes will most likely be torn apart.

If your body size decreases then your clothes will just fall off.

If your body stays in a relatively humanoid shape, then your clothes will only be ripped in some areas.

To come up with the solution of not being nude everytime you go back to human form i'll make up a little tidbit.

The chemical automatically produces cloth(Don't ask me how, it just does. :p) around the private parts of the body. The cloth will last as long as possible until a substantial form of covering is found(clothes).

So pretty much when you go back to your human form it'll be like wearing underwear (and a bra if your character is a female). And there are still clothing stores around as well as both sides stocking up on supplies.

Question 3: Can I be a human in this RP?

You can NOT be a human in the RP. You can't really do anything and the moment you went out into the open you would either be killed by the Virals or evacuated and mind-wiped.

Question 4: What are the populations of all the people in these groups?

New York City has a population of 8,274,527. About 5 million citizens had been evacuated from the city when the Virals first started to attack. the military also arrives. The next day another 1-2 million citizens have left or been evacuated. I'd say the Human to Viral casualty rate was around 500,000 to 800,000. So for humans left in the city that would be: Maybe 100,000, maybe less that are trapped. So through this analysis

There's about 500 to 800k Virals. They control most of the city and mainly stalk the streets.

Death Watch is composed of around 100-200 soldiers.

The actual military is around 1 mil soldiers and then they have tanks and stuff.

The Brotherhood of Infected has around 25-50 people and the same goes for the Alliance.

Question 5: I have a question, for the Power that "Infected" are allowed to have... are we talking like something based on the transformation into the more bestial form that manifests itself more prominently (Speed, flight, enhanced vision, etc.)? or are we talking something extra thrown into the DNA by scientists like lazer eyes or something equally unusual?

Every quality/trait from the animals that mix into your Hybrid form is already there. So if your an animal that has night vision and you don't want to go full hybrid transformation then just transform your eyes and they'll have night vision. Same with flight. However, speed and strength wouldn't go into the human form because you can't transform that.

Your power can remain seperate from your actual transformation. (Like just being any animal and being able to breathe fire) or you can have a power that relates to one of your animals. Like if you were part eagle you could do some wind manipulation.

Tiana_M
07-03-2008, 08:32 AM
I have a question, for the Power that "Infected" are allowed to have... are we talking like something based on the transformation into the more bestial form that manifests itself more prominently (Speed, flight, enhanced vision, etc.)? or are we talking something extra thrown into the DNA by scientists like lazer eyes or something equally unusual?

Caecity
07-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Question:
Can the Hybrid consist of two of the same species, like an Eagle & a Falcon?
Or a Lynx, and a Cheetah?

Psychic Oats
07-03-2008, 03:22 PM
I have a question, for the Power that "Infected" are allowed to have... are we talking like something based on the transformation into the more bestial form that manifests itself more prominently (Speed, flight, enhanced vision, etc.)? or are we talking something extra thrown into the DNA by scientists like lazer eyes or something equally unusual?

Mmm... I'd say what we're talking about is a lot more like the second of your options. Basically, an extra thing. So, for example, let's say you have an eagle/dog hybrid form. Then you'd also have an extra ability thrown in there [while lazer eyes is a little over the top...], in addition to being able to fly [or maybe just hover off the ground] and having increased canine senses in your hybrid form. If that was too hard to understand, which I wouldn't doubt, here's a little overview:

You have abilities derived from your animals while in hybrid form, as well as a bonus power thrown in there for the fun of it. It can correspond to your animals in some way, but don't feel limited by them.

Question:
Can the Hybrid consist of two of the same species, like an Eagle & a Falcon?
Or a Lynx, and a Cheetah?

Those actually aren't of the same species. Eagles and falcons are from two totally different families. :P But yeah, you can do two of the same class. However, do note that it decreases diversity in your hybrid form's abilities.

Caecity
07-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Mmm... I'd say what we're talking about is a lot more like the second of your options. Basically, an extra thing. So, for example, let's say you have an eagle/dog hybrid form. Then you'd also have an extra ability thrown in there [while lazer eyes is a little over the top...], in addition to being able to fly [or maybe just hover off the ground] and having increased canine senses in your hybrid form. If that was too hard to understand, which I wouldn't doubt, here's a little overview:

You have abilities derived from your animals while in hybrid form, as well as a bonus power thrown in there for the fun of it. It can correspond to your animals in some way, but don't feel limited by them.

Those actually aren't of the same species. Eagles and falcons are from two totally different families. :P But yeah, you can do two of the same class. However, do note that it decreases diversity in your hybrid form's abilities.

Thanks for the science lesson, and the answer. Abilities.........

Draconic_Espeon
07-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes! I'm glad I looked here. Tiana's question was one I had. xD

I have one more, though; can Infected turn other people into Infecteds like the Virals can turn other people into the Virals?

Psychic Oats
07-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Yes! I'm glad I looked here. Tiana's question was one I had. xD

I have one more, though; can Infected turn other people into Infecteds like the Virals can turn other people into the Virals?

I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure Virals are the only ones that can infect others. ^^

Tiana_M
07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Do you know, if the Infected transform and are wearing clothes, are they gonna have to deal with the problem of finding new clothes or will it like meld with their bodies until the transformation is over and be wearable again after?

Titan
07-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm confused where we start off? Do we get dropped off in NYC? Can we call for evac if we are in trouble? Just wondering.

This is a lot like:

I am Legend and Gears of War

Saraibre Ryu
07-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Considering the invidual abilities of the everyday species I picked for my hybrid, would being able to have an chameleon tongue, able to launch out (at however fast it goes I can't remember) a bit faster than a usual chameleon, and have the crushing jaw power of the caiman at once as a natural ability, along with basic swimming and climbing?

I was planning on having altered camoflauge for her special ability but if any of those sound a bit special I just wanted to make it clear so I get it right the first time.

Scourge of Amaranth
07-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Is there a standard uniform for Death Watch members...?

Psychic Oats
07-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Do you know, if the Infected transform and are wearing clothes, are they gonna have to deal with the problem of finding new clothes or will it like meld with their bodies until the transformation is over and be wearable again after?

I was thinking about that, too. I'd say the second option is the best, only because otherwise it would just be an unnecessary hassle. :P

I'm confused where we start off? Do we get dropped off in NYC? Can we call for evac if we are in trouble? Just wondering.

You're a Death Watch, right? You start out inside the city. You've been there for a while. I suppose you could call for evac, but it probably won't happen because the government doesn't want the Virals to escape.

Considering the invidual abilities of the everyday species I picked for my hybrid, would being able to have an chameleon tongue, able to launch out (at however fast it goes I can't remember) a bit faster than a usual chameleon, and have the crushing jaw power of the caiman at once as a natural ability, along with basic swimming and climbing?

I was planning on having altered camoflauge for her special ability but if any of those sound a bit special I just wanted to make it clear so I get it right the first time.

You can have all of those as natural abilities, and camoflauge as your special one if you'd like.

Is there a standard uniform for Death Watch members...?

Mmm, I would think there is, but it isn't specified, is it? Check out ColdBoy's and Titan's profiles; they've already finished and are both Death Watch. Just following suit would be the easiest thing to do, but having custom armor is perfectly fine, too. ^^

bronislav84
07-03-2008, 06:56 PM
I hope this doesn't start too soon or I'll have to give up my reserve, unfortunately. I need my spellcheck and right click if I'm gonna make good posts.

About Infected infecting others, I don't see why they can't. Reading what the plot has right now, it looks like the only difference between Infected and Virals is that the former has human intelligence (Partial memory wipe, so they'd have basic knowlege but not memories of their lives), and the latter doesn't so they are totally reliant on animal instinct. You really can't expect to have a "sane" mind without keeping the basic general knowlege intact, because what is sanity, really, but the intelligence of being able to form ideas based on what you've learned? So therefore, I'd say Infected have what I'd like to classify as "partual amnesia" and have general knowlege, but no knowlege of their lives. I'm reading this as a variant, where all subjects had the same treatment, but Infected resisted the memory wipe somewhat more than Virals (Which would explain why they looked dead; They probably had a huge strain on their minds during this process and went into shock). Am I making any sense to you guys? Just truing to apply a little logic based on the info I was presented with.

The clothes thing really depends on how much more bulky a human-animal hybrid is. If their body gets big enough to rip their clothes (Hulk style for example) then there would be issues on clothes and I dunno what to say, but if they're nearly human with just fur/feathers, claws/talons, wings, etc and an otherwise humanoid body, then they'd probably just wear modified (Ripped) clothes to work for both forms, and they'll be fine.

Tiana_M
07-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I hope this doesn't start too soon or I'll have to give up my reserve, unfortunately. I need my spellcheck and right click if I'm gonna make good posts.

About Infected infecting others, I don't see why they can't. Reading what the plot has right now, it looks like the only difference between Infected and Virals is that the former has human intelligence (Partial memory wipe, so they'd have basic knowlege but not memories of their lives), and the latter doesn't so they are totally reliant on animal instinct. You really can't expect to have a "sane" mind without keeping the basic general knowlege intact, because what is sanity, really, but the intelligence of being able to form ideas based on what you've learned? So therefore, I'd say Infected have what I'd like to classify as "partial amnesia" and have general knowlege, but no knowlege of their lives. I'm reading this as a variant, where all subjects had the same treatment, but Infected resisted the memory wipe somewhat more than Virals (Which would explain why they looked dead; They probably had a huge strain on their minds during this process and went into shock). Am I making any sense to you guys? Just truing to apply a little logic based on the info I was presented with.

I'd leave deciding this up to Oats and KOR, but I guess what you say makes some sense. Though I doubt we'd be able to knock any sense into Virals since they've already been transformed completely, so it'd only really matter if there are any normal humans still trapped in the city that could be converted or allied with.

The clothes thing really depends on how much more bulky a human-animal hybrid is. If their body gets big enough to rip their clothes (Hulk style for example) then there would be issues on clothes and I dunno what to say, but if they're nearly human with just fur/feathers, claws/talons, wings, etc and an otherwise humanoid body, then they'd probably just wear modified (Ripped) clothes to work for both forms, and they'll be fine.

I'm thinking that it'd be a really annoying hassle to always have to have your character find new clothes, though like in an anime I suppose you could just have your character show up again wearing something new and kinda explaining where they got it through thinking back over the day's events or something. It would make it more realistic, but I think that Oats has already said that they meld with the body... KOR could still override that choice I suppose, but again I leave the decision to the moderators, as it is their choice to make.

Titan
07-03-2008, 07:15 PM
You're a Death Watch, right? You start out inside the city. You've been there for a while. I suppose you could call for evac, but it probably won't happen because the government doesn't want the Virals to escape.

Oh ok, we've been here for a while? Sweet. This is awesome. I was just picturing our squad trapped on a scyscraper being attacked by an army of virals lol. EVAC NOW DAMNIT!!

lol alright thanks.:biggrin:

Titan
07-03-2008, 07:17 PM

About Infected infecting others, I don't see why they can't. Reading what the plot has right now, it looks like the only difference between Infected and Virals is that the former has human intelligence (Partial memory wipe, so they'd have basic knowlege but not memories of their lives), and the latter doesn't so they are totally reliant on animal instinct. You really can't expect to have a "sane" mind without keeping the basic general knowlege intact, because what is sanity, really, but the intelligence of being able to form ideas based on what you've learned? So therefore, I'd say Infected have what I'd like to classify as "partual amnesia" and have general knowlege, but no knowlege of their lives. I'm reading this as a variant, where all subjects had the same treatment, but Infected resisted the memory wipe somewhat more than Virals (Which would explain why they looked dead; They probably had a huge strain on their minds during this process and went into shock). Am I making any sense to you guys? Just truing to apply a little logic based on the info I was presented with.

Ya, I agree. I say anyone who is actually infected should be able to spread the infection. It would make the RP much more interesting.

bronislav84
07-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Define "Meld with the body" please. If it means magically vanish to be replaced with fur and magically reappear later, that's odd. Not the least bit realistic.

Hmm, how come you're not on AIM?

Titan don't double post please, There's multiquote for what you did.

Titan
07-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Define "Meld with the body" please. If it means magically vanish to be replaced with fur and magically reappear later, that's odd. Not the least bit realistic.

Hmm, how come you're not on AIM?

Titan don't double post please, There's multiquote for what you did.

Someone posted and deleted.....

Saraibre Ryu
07-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Actually, certain people that have a virus but can't spread it makes sense. Those that can't spread it are simply carriers, but a more dominant genetic entity prevents it from spreading unless there is a genetic inferiority in what it wants to infect and somehow slips by the hosts dominance.

And all I have to say is thank you Science 10 class for making me sound smart. I'm not even sure if thats al correct but its my reasoning. It would make very much sense and apply to this situation even if the infection was man-made.

Scourge of Amaranth
07-03-2008, 08:51 PM
This Virus is starting to sound parasitic and I'm getting Peeps flashbacks.

Regarding clothing for the Infected--it could be possible that a cloth has been invented that melts into the person's skin when they morph... and melts back again when they, erm, 'rehumanize.' That'd be slightly more realistic than everlasting clothing, I suppose.

SuperBoy
07-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh ok, we've been here for a while? Sweet. This is awesome. I was just picturing our squad trapped on a scyscraper being attacked by an army of virals lol. EVAC NOW DAMNIT!!

lol alright thanks.:biggrin:

We're Death Watch. To hell with the evac support. :P

The Virals and infected will pose a threat to us, but if we play our cards right, I'll play them like my little sister plays with her dolls!

We can take them.

Draconic_Espeon
07-03-2008, 09:16 PM

The Virals and infected will pose a threat to us, but if we play our cards right, I'll play them like my little sister plays with her dolls!

We can take them.

Don't get too cocky, or you'll be caught unawares. You wouldn't want that, would you?

Well, I assumed that by 'meld', you meant something along the lines of tight clothing that kind of fit like a second skin (like a jumpsuit, leotard, that kind of thing), and transformed into fur and scales and stuff when you did. It worked for the Animorphs. xD

I guess it really depends on what you look like when you transform, and how human you are still, whether or not you'd need new clothes.

bronislav84
07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Titan, posts 18 and 19 are both you though, so I thought you doubled. Oh well.

Sabi you're using genetic disease science on infections. Let me try to separate this.

The only way that infection is at all possible is because this is an infected disease, not a genetic disease. Genetic diseases (Sometimes called genetic disorders) can only spread from parents to children.

This is a manmade disease injected into the subject, not a genetic disease (Can't spread by infection, so the one here would't be able to be transmitted) by gene modification. It changes their DNA into a predetermined animal + animal in addition to their human DNA, and wipes their memories. Then it stays in their system, hence why they should be able to infect others, I assume through a bite with saliva going into the blood. There'a no such thing as a non-genetic disease carrier. Either you have it and you're sick and can infect others but are yourself immune (Or continue to be sick if not treated and show symtoms, while being able to transmit. Example of this type: Bubonic Plague), or you got infected then it went away and you're not sick anymore (Since there's no cure and the RP wants it to spread, this situation can't happen). Everybody who is a hybrid is infected with it, therefore they should be able to spread it.

To carry means you have half the genes needed to spread a genetic disease. What you're thinking of is genetic diseases, where you usually need two genes to activate the disease (Women can carry, men are auto infected on birth).

I hope that wasn't too technical.

Also DE, that was just because in Animorphs the act of morphing doesn't distinguish tight clothing from skin, so it morphs it during the process. The clothes themselves don't have the ability to morph.

Saraibre Ryu
07-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Titan, posts 18 and 19 are both you though, so I thought you doubled. Oh well.

Sabi you're using genetic disease science on infections. Let me try to separate this.

The only way that infection is at all possible is because this is an infected disease, not a genetic disease. Genetic diseases (Sometimes called dusorders) can only spread from parents to children.

This is a manmade disease injected into the subject, not a genetic disease (Can't spread by infection, so the one here would't be able to be transmitted) by gene modification. It changes their DNA into a predetermined animal + animal in addition to their human DNA, and wipes their memories. Then it stays in their system, hence why they should be able to infect others, I assume through a bite with saliva going into the blood. There'a no such thing as a non-genetic disease carrier. Either you have it and you're sick and can infect others but are yourself immune (Or continue to be sick if not treated and show symtoms, while being able to transmit. Example: Bubonic Plague), or you got infected then it went away and you're not sick anymore (Since there's no cure and rhe RP wants it to spread, this situation can't happen). Everybody who is a hybrid is infected with it, therefore they should be able to spread it.

To carry means you have half the genes needed spread a genetic disease. What you're thinking of is genetic diseases, where you usually need two genes to activate the disease (Women can carry, men are auto infected on birth).

I hope that wasn't too technical.

Well, hopefully this Biology class I got trapped into will educate me more. XD What I said made sense to me, yours was a bit more technical for my understanding but I think I got the jist of it.

Well its whatever Rohan has in mind for his RP then we can only wait until he logs on.

Tiana_M
07-03-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm surprised it's even called an "Infection" I thought it was a DNA transfusion which shouldn't be transferable to anyone... though I suppose that the bit that gave us the "extra" power could be a virus of some sort that was mutated by scientific play. But, we're getting a little over technical in my opinion. It *is* a fiction and, looking at the plot it seems to me that KOR and Oats want for the Virals to be able to infect while the Infected do not.

Bron and I were talking on AIM and he said that he just wanted to point out that everyone *should* be able to infect were it to act like an actual disease, but that he can accept it if KOR says he only wants virals to be able to transmit. Bron just didn't want to have to log off of AIM to reply again, since he's stuck using his wii.

KOR
07-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Alright, I'll answer these questions all eventually and edit everything in the first page and get to reading SUs and stuff.

Question 1:On the Infected spreading the virus to other humans; yes you can. However, here are some things to note.

Members of the Alliance will NOT infect other humans. There purpose is to find a cure, not infect more humans.

The BoI will infect other humans, to add to their ranks, but not excessively since there IS in fact a chance that those that are biten, slashes, injured can turn into Virals. It's completely random, with the ratio of Infected to Virals 20:80. So while it is possible, the two groups largely avoid it.

Question 2:As for the clothes it depends on what your form is. Like the Hulk, he grows much larger and his clothes break. So if you generally get bigger than your normal human size to the point where your clothes don't fit, they'll break.

If your body stays in a relatively humanoid shape, then your clothes will only be ripped in some areas.

To come up with the solution of not being nude everytime you go back to human form i'll make up a little tidbit.

The chemical automatically produces cloth(Don't ask me how, it just does. :p) around the private parts of the body. The cloth will last as long as possible until a substantial form of covering is found(clothes).

So pretty much when you go back to your human form it'll be like wearing underwear and a bra if your character is a female. And there are still clothing stores around as well as both sides stocking up on supplies.

Question 3: You can NOT be a human in the RP. You can't really do anything and the moment you went out into the open you would either be killed by the Virals or evacuated and mind-wiped.

bronislav84
07-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Thanks dude for clearing that up. Good info.

Scourge of Amaranth
07-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Here's just a... random thought that occurred to me. Would the hybrids have lifespans that correspond to their animals... or extended lifespans caused by the DNA transfusions? It's not particularly relevant, but I find minutiae interesting. :>

KOR
07-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Here's just a... random thought that occurred to me. Would the hybrids have lifespans that correspond to their animals... or extended lifespans caused by the DNA transfusions? It's not particularly relevant, but I find minutiae interesting. :>
It'd most likely be extended because of the chemicals and hybrid form. So generally if you would normally live to about 70-80 you'd go to at least 100 maybe more. However, I don't think that's really going to matter much.

I'll be editing some questions into the Extra Info section soon

Titan
07-04-2008, 12:32 AM

We can take them.

Oh ya man, I know lol.

I was just joking around. With the evac stuff.

Lord Fedora
07-04-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm going to make it clear to all members of Beta Squad though, you call in evac, Cole shoots you in the back of the head. His sister's in there, and you're all going to stay until she gets cured. You got that!?

And now to go write up those SUs to make that make sense.

Tiana_M
07-04-2008, 06:17 AM
In the FAQ's you said that the Virals have pretty much overrun NYC and given that, I assume that both the Alliance and the Brotherhood must have bases, and maybe even a small area of territory around that base that they protect and keep safe, and I was wondering if it had been determined where each of these bases will be within NYC, since it is a rather large place with 5 boroughs...

KOR
07-04-2008, 06:26 AM
In the FAQ's you said that the Virals have pretty much overrun NYC and given that, I assume that both the Alliance and the Brotherhood must have bases, and maybe even a small area of territory around that base that they protect and keep safe, and I was wondering if it had been determined where each of these bases will be within NYC, since it is a rather large place with 5 boroughs... I'm just getting ready to plan my first post is all. :biggrin:
Well I don't live in New York City and obviously don't know the layout. I'll pick the two most known areas in NYC and those will be the two bases as well as an area around them.

Saraibre Ryu
07-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Well, I was thinking that (since I'm Alliance Leader) we do a mix of TMNT style with an abandoned warehouse type of thing four our 'base'.

To be more specific, I was thinking part undergruond subway, a bit of the sewers and some broken down warehouse. So, the base wouldn't be just one place, but there would be a main spot then two other outposts kinda thing, since I kinda imagined that Amanor be that 'gator in the sewers' type thing and scare the hell out of everyone.

If thats okay with Rohan first of course.

KOR
07-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Well, I was thinking that (since I'm Alliance Leader) we do a mix of TMNT style with an abandoned warehouse type of thing four our 'base'.

To be more specific, I was thinking part undergruond subway, a bit of the sewers and some broken down warehouse. So, the base wouldn't be just one place, but there would be a main spot then two other outposts kinda thing, since I kinda imagined that Amanor be that 'gator in the sewers' type thing and scare the hell out of everyone.

If thats okay with Rohan first of course.
Thats fine if you wanted to do that. I imagined the Alliance staying in the Statue of Liberty and securing the area around it. But I might use that for BoI if you use underground. I'm still debating on it.

Saraibre Ryu
07-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Thats fine if you wanted to do that. I imagined the Alliance staying in the Statue of Liberty and securing the area around it. But I might use that for BoI if you use underground. I'm still debating on it.

You totally took my idea about Liberty I just thought of. Still, it'd be pretty awesome to have a battle on the statue with the two opposing teams. Then maybe some Death Squad choppers come in and crash the party with a mini-gun or something.

Still, I call underground subways and dried up sewers like in the first Hellboy movie type of thing, then maybe some old scraper to top it off, but I'm claiming the underground. I don't know what part though as I can't have all of it.

Since NY is cut off, does that includes electricity to from power plants and stuff? But if someone were to find a generator to power a house (as maybe at some point the Alliance could hide out at the Tsen mansion) we could use that if we needed? I'd imagine it somewhat like Andromeda only that people don't die as soon as they enter the infected area, or like in I am Legend or similar circumstances.

Titan
07-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Is Madison Square Guarden in NYC? lol

What about Manhattan Square? I was thinking thats where Deathwatch could set up their base.

More people join Alpha Squad!

Lord Fedora
07-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Is Madison Square Guarden in NYC? lol

What about Manhattan Square? I was thinking thats where Deathwatch could set up their base.

More people join Alpha Squad!
As a matter of fact, yes it is. And if we're taking bases, then I call the Statue of Liberty as Beta Squad HQ. So if the muties want their epic battle there, they have to deal with big-gun toting soldiers shooting at them while they do it (mostly at Brotherhood scum).

Scourge of Amaranth
07-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Hm. How 'bout the Empire State building for Alpha squad? Or... an old church. As cliche as it is, broken stained glass windows=awesome. There's the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, which has a cool statue that symbolizes the Archangel Michael battling evil in the form of a giant crab. *symbolism FTW*

Statue (http://www.skateparkoftampa.com/spot/images/nycryan8.jpg)
Window (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1350/580640051_ca04927a4a.jpg?v=0)
More (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/5/9505153_833aa93904.jpg?v=0)
Yesh (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/129197874_cabf9145fb.jpg)
Window (http://www.haleymonster.com/2003/NYC/StJohnDivinewindow.jpg)

Lord Fedora
07-04-2008, 04:29 PM
ipgc, nix the images, you're stretching my screen.

Scourge of Amaranth
07-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Done. ~_~''

Anyways, it's a big cathedral, and relatively easily defended.

Titan
07-04-2008, 07:13 PM
As a matter of fact, yes it is. And if we're taking bases, then I call the Statue of Liberty as Beta Squad HQ. So if the muties want their epic battle there, they have to deal with big-gun toting soldiers shooting at them while they do it (mostly at Brotherhood scum).

Well dude, your Squad alone can't take on all of the Virals. You'll need my squad, Alpha's help. I say the Deathwatch base is there, just our two sqauds.

We would totally dominate.

And Rohan, I hope you fill in a lot of blanks that have been left. Like, can we kill other Role Player's characters? What happens if we do? What happens if we die (IF WE DIE)? Ect ect.

Lord Fedora
07-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Well dude, your Squad alone can't take on all of the Virals. You'll need my squad, Alpha's help. I say the Deathwatch base is there, just our two sqauds.

We would totally dominate.

And Rohan, I hope you fill in a lot of blanks that have been left. Like, can we kill other Role Player's characters? What happens if we do? What happens if we die (IF WE DIE)? Ect ect.
This isn't one of Neo's ToJ based RPs Titan, we don't get to go to the magical land beyond death, jump down a well, and be back where we were before. You die, you die. That's what we're doing here. We're making things die.

And we wouldn't be fighting alone, if we get in trouble then we can call you in for backup. I'm sure the government was nice enough to give us jetpacks to use in emergency situations, and it makes more sense to spread out across New York, since, you know, it makes more sense that if you're in a city with several thousands of enemies spread out over the city and there's ten of us, you split up to cover more ground.

Titan
07-04-2008, 07:53 PM
This isn't one of Neo's ToJ based RPs Titan, we don't get to go to the magical land beyond death, jump down a well, and be back where we were before. You die, you die. That's what we're doing here. We're making things die.

And we wouldn't be fighting alone, if we get in trouble then we can call you in for backup. I'm sure the government was nice enough to give us jetpacks to use in emergency situations, and it makes more sense to spread out across New York, since, you know, it makes more sense that if you're in a city with several thousands of enemies spread out over the city and there's ten of us, you split up to cover more ground.

No lol, I was just wondering ok? I wasn't wanting a place to go after you die I actually prefer this way of doing things. :cool:

Tiana_M
07-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Actually, it'd make sense for the Death Watch to have Liberty since they "cut-off" NY it would make sense for them to be watching the ocean too, 'cause NYC used to be, and as far as I know, still is a huge port city.

Saraibre, you did say you wanted at least some kind of above-ground hide-out included in the "territory" I think it'd be cool if we had the cathedral IPGC mentioned. I know my character would spend some of whatever "free-time" she has there, if we do take it. But, I do like your idea of the TMNT-based hide-out. so if it's not near any sub-ways then I guess that particular cathedral is out... but we could have a different one... Yeah I like the idea of the cathedral. :P

SuperBoy
07-04-2008, 09:04 PM

I haven't RPed with you in a while, Nate. Still, I don't think backup will be necessary. If we RP smart enough, we can get through it.

Backup, in my opinion, is a last resort. We're freaking Death Watch. If we were taking on the Virals before, we can sure as hell take them on now. :P

Lord Fedora
07-04-2008, 09:31 PM
I haven't RPed with you in a while, Nate. Still, I don't think backup will be necessary. If we RP smart enough, we can get through it.

Backup, in my opinion, is a last resort. We're freaking Death Watch. If we were taking on the Virals before, we can sure as hell take them on now. :P
Yeah, you're right. I mean, if Master Chief, Commander Shephard, Revan and the Exile along with their respective teams, then we can damn well save our meager little planet from a virus we've already indefinitely contained within one city.

SuperBoy
07-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah, you're right. I mean, if Master Chief, Commander Shephard, Revan and the Exile along with their respective teams, then we can damn well save our meager little planet from a virus we've already indefinitely contained within one city.

Commander Shepard; Mass Effect; my character was a girl, and I swear, we owned the Reapers and Sovereign. xD

Halo 3; Master Chief; one word: Epic. :P

To Become a Beast; Death Watch; one word: ownage. :wink:

This is DEATH WATCH!

Lord Fedora
07-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Commander Shepard; Mass Effect; my character was a girl, and I swear, we owned the Reapers and Sovereign. xD

Halo 3; Master Chief; one word: Epic. :P

To Become a Beast; Death Watch; one word: ownage. :wink:

This is DEATH WATCH!
I stuck with the guy (a Sentinel, and an AWESOME one at that), and I have to say while the ending cutscene was pretty epic, the ending boss-fight was... not. I mean, seriously BioShock, I love you guys like I love my mother (not my father. He's a bastard), but c'mon, that last boss fight against Saren was just plain weak. I wanted to fight against the giant spaceship, that's the kind of awesome end that this awesome game needed. Like, put Joker out of action somehow (NOT KILL HIM because Joker's awesome) and have you fly the Normandy and pwn Sovereign singlehandedly, that's what I wanted. Not a boss fight that's quite frankly on the freaking BEGINNERS LEVEL! [/annoyed rant at BioShock's inability to for once have a satisfying ending battle to their pwnsome game]

Alright, now that that's finished, I have to agree with all those sentiments.

Titan
07-04-2008, 10:58 PM
You probably played on easy, both of you lol.

HARDCORE.

Anyway, sorry but all of those characters had help, you see, lots of it.

1,000 Virals coming at you. You need more than a Squad. We aren't invincible.

Humans need to work together to save mankind. lolololol

Death Watch pwns.

Lord Fedora
07-05-2008, 12:32 AM
You probably played on easy, both of you lol.

HARDCORE.

Anyway, sorry but all of those characters had help, you see, lots of it.

1,000 Virals coming at you. You need more than a Squad. We aren't invincible.

Humans need to work together to save mankind. lolololol

Death Watch pwns.
Okay, um, Shepherd Revan and the Exile all had two people with them at a time, and Chief had a ton of random Spartans who quite frankly were more useful (to my anyway) as target practice, cannon fodder, and drivers than as soldiers. I agree that no one can do it alone, but what I'm saying is that two Squads of elite soldiers can take down a city's worth of super powered animals.

Edit: And for the record, I was scaling the levels. I'm serious, no matter what level it's on, I would've expected the playstyle of CyberSarren to be that of a first boss: weak, predictable, and easy to figure out. I'm playing against the 1337 uber haxor final boss who's allegedly one of the best of the Council's own personal ninja force, who whooped my ass and cost me one of my men really not that long ago, and he's been super-powered by the even more 1337 uber haxor badass living ship who has destroyed every organic civilization that has ever risen, I expect this to be the epic ultimate battle of my freaking life. Instead I get a really fast version of Spider-man who's main attack is an energy bolt/fireball/something (it was a while ago when I played it) that's laughably dodgable, and who epic fails to my abilities and is uber failing when comparing to my freaking pistol. Why is this boss battle so dissapointing? To make the badass cutscene where they toss a huge chunk of an evil space ship at you through a window even more impressive? Because that just makes me feel more jipped because I would much rather have been sitting behind the wheel of the Normandy pwning that space ship.

Tiana_M
07-05-2008, 02:22 AM
Okay, um, Shepherd Revan and the Exile all had two people with them at a time, and Chief had a ton of random Spartans who quite frankly were more useful (to my anyway) as target practice, cannon fodder, and drivers than as soldiers. I agree that no one can do it alone, but what I'm saying is that two Squads of elite soldiers can take down a city's worth of super powered animals.

:P your elite soldiers are animals too. Besides, if the "Infected" have lasted as long as they already have I see no reason for them to not be able to last much much longer. They do have increased senses and are just as intelligent as the soldiers are and probably more resourceful and imaginative if they've lasted even this long against the highest technology available to the US.

Lord Fedora
07-05-2008, 02:52 AM
:P your elite soldiers are animals too. Besides, if the "Infected" have lasted as long as they already have I see no reason for them to not be able to last much much longer. They do have increased senses and are just as intelligent as the soldiers are and probably more resourceful and imaginative if they've lasted even this long against the highest technology available to the US.
How are my Beta Squad members and the Infected animals? Or are you referring to the fact that we are, biologically, animals, cause in that case, allow me to rephrase: mindless animals. And I wasn't referring to the Infected, I was talking about the Virals, because that's what they are: mindless animals. No, Beta Squad members are under a strict "You shoot an Infected without provocation, expect to be shipped away on the next supply chopper out of here" order. No, I was referring to the war in general, not the issues with the Brotherhood.

Tiana_M
07-05-2008, 05:48 AM
How are my Beta Squad members and the Infected animals? Or are you referring to the fact that we are, biologically, animals, cause in that case, allow me to rephrase: mindless animals. And I wasn't referring to the Infected, I was talking about the Virals, because that's what they are: mindless animals. No, Beta Squad members are under a strict "You shoot an Infected without provocation, expect to be shipped away on the next supply chopper out of here" order. No, I was referring to the war in general, not the issues with the Brotherhood.

lol, yes I was talking about the biological fact. :crackup: And as far as I'm concerned the members of the Brotherhood are worse than Virals.

Saraibre Ryu
07-05-2008, 06:45 AM
Thanks to the hard work or Tiana for finding the perfect Alliance Zone, I'm now officially putting our territory that I plan to rule with the Alliance over 9I'm quoting what she told me in the PM, not the entire thing):

What I came up with is the Rockefellar Underground Concourse.

Here are two excerpts from Wikipedia describing it:

This interconnected series of pedestrian passages stretches from 47th Street to 51st Street, and from 5th Avenue to 7th Avenue. Around the skating rink, access is usually through stairways from the lobbies in the cluster of six landmark buildings. (45 Rockefeller Plz, New York, NY <-- a good address to enter into Google Maps if you wanna see just how far the reach of this Underground Concourse is. )

The concourse, New York's largest underground city, contains retail shops, fast food and fine dining. The most interesting areas are the horseshoe corridor around the skating rink, and the two parallel shopping corridors just West from there, under 30 Rockefeller Plaza. In bad weather these corridors offer a convenient way to move between the Rockefeller buildings. There is also access to the B, D, F and V subway lines along 6th Avenue, and the N, R and W station at 7th Avenue and 49th Street (reached by following a winding corridor under the fountain pool, 1251 Avenue of the Americas, and 745 Seventh Avenue). The southern end of the concourse opens into the public area of the 6th Avenue subway station at 47th street.

At the very least this would create a base with any number of escape routes and plenty of resources. Of course we would probably choose a place within the Concourse away from the Skating Rink in Rockefeller Center as our main gathering area, since that's probably the place's most obvious weak-point.

What I love about it is what is above ground that could quite easily be included in Alliance Territory given you chose this as our base, and that is St. Patrick's Cathedral.

~Tiana

So, we have that and the above ground Cathedral for our base, with the underground part of the Cathedral as out main outpost.

If you think its too big Rohan, then I'll shrink it, but its pretty much exactly what I was looking for, leaving almost all above ground free for them vile Virals.

All Alliance members got that? Tiana I'm now rising your rank to Advisor! XD

KOR
07-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Ah, now to clariy more things:

Those in the Death Watch:

Both squads are in the same base. Also your not the only squads. Each Squad has around 5 people. In Alpha and Beta's case, 5. Now That's around 9-11 squads since the DW is composed of around 100 soldiers.

You do have a seperate base from the traditional military though. So you do have a base with a good amount of supplies, ammo, food ect. Also you have a few outposts around the city manned by one suqad. So two outposts that Beta and Alpha could be in. Then the main base.

Also, they made the super-soldier serum BECAUSE the DW weren't good enough. Essentially, the Virals are better than the DW. And when its around Half to 3/4ths of a million Virals its not going to be easy to defeat them. Of course they only hunt in packs of around 20-25 with the occasional loner.

Not to mention that they have normal animal instincts to that of a Velociraptor in some ways. They'll work together to destroy there prey. And there very formidable. Virals arn't some fodder NPCs. It takes a full squad of Death Watch to fight off just a pack or two of Virals.

There are also several unknown secrets about the Virals that no one knows yet. So expect alot of revelations about Virals made by some of the intellectuals/leaders in the RP.

So Looks like I have more to add to that FAQ.

EDIT:

Sounds fine for the base. I think I'll make the Statue of Liberty as the BoI base, since its quite ironic that the 'villians' would be in the Statue of Liberty.

Titan
07-05-2008, 07:20 AM

Those in the Death Watch:

Both squads are in the same base. Also your not the only squads. Each Squad has around 5 people. In Alpha and Beta's case, 5. Now That's around 9-11 squads since the DW is composed of around 100 soldiers.

You do have a seperate base from the traditional military though. So you do have a base with a good amount of supplies, ammo, food ect. Also you have a few outposts around the city manned by one suqad. So two outposts that Beta and Alpha could be in. Then the main base.

Also, they made the super-soldier serum BECAUSE the DW weren't good enough. Essentially, the Virals are better than the DW. And when its around Half to 3/4ths of a million Virals its not going to be easy to defeat them. Of course they only hunt in packs of around 20-25 with the occasional loner.

Not to mention that they have normal animal instincts to that of a Velociraptor in some ways. They'll work together to destroy there prey. And there very formidable. Virals arn't some fodder NPCs. It takes a full squad of Death Watch to fight off just a pack or two of Virals.

There are also several unknown secrets about the Virals that no one knows yet. So expect alot of revelations about Virals made by some of the intellectuals/leaders in the RP.

So Looks like I have more to add to that FAQ.

EDIT:

Sounds fine for the base. I think I'll make the Statue of Liberty as the BoI base, since its quite ironic that the 'villians' would be in the Statue of Liberty.

I was so right. Evee and Coldboy, now do you understand? Your not invincible. Man I love being right.

I think the Statue of Libery is an ideal place for the DW.

Saraibre Ryu
07-05-2008, 07:26 AM
EDIT:

Sweetness. Really want a Liberty Brawl between the two opposing factions. I can imagine Amanor silently swimming up to the shore with the Alliance behind her...totally awesome. Thank you Tiana again for finding out territory!

I was so right. Evee and Coldboy, now do you understand? Your not invincible. Man I love being right.

I think the Statue of Liberty is an ideal place for the DW.

Titan, Khajmer and Coldboy were just having fun with their posts, like anyone would with war, everyone says their invincible but we all know they really aren't, heck I was gonna post something like that just for the fun of it. Loosen up there buddy.

Darn, its midnight-thirty and I've work in the morning. Well, g'night folks. Can't wait for this to start. when would a planned date be if you have one Rohan?

KOR
07-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Sweetness. Really want a Liberty Brawl between the two opposing factions. I can imagine Amanor silently swimming up to the shore with the Alliance behind her...totally awesome. Thank you Tiana again for finding out territory!

Titan, Khajmer and Coldboy were just having fun with their posts, like anyone would with war, everyone says their invincible but we all know they really aren't, heck I was gonna post something like that just for the fun of it. Loosen up there buddy.

Darn, its midnight-thirty and I've work in the morning. Well, g'night folks. Can't wait for this to start. when would a planned date be if you have one Rohan?
I might start the RP on Tuesday and Wednesday since both Bron and Oats won't be back until Monday.

Also, Titan, chill out. Like Saraibre said, they were just messing around. And keep comments from the SU to the DS. Not to mention that Kim Warwick or something like that was already denied.

Titan
07-05-2008, 07:42 AM
I might start the RP on Tuesday and Wednesday since both Bron and Oats won't be back until Monday.

Also, Titan, chill out. Like Saraibre said, they were just messing around. And keep comments from the SU to the DS. Not to mention that Kim Warwick or something like that was already denied.

Dude I was just fooling around too! LOLOLOL:crackup:

skiboydoggy
07-05-2008, 12:15 PM
To join, or not to join, that is the question.

SuperBoy
07-05-2008, 12:31 PM
To join, or not to join, that is the question.

Ski! My RP buddy.

Yes. Joining is a definite option. :P

Scourge of Amaranth
07-05-2008, 04:40 PM
So the underground and St. Patrick's Cathedral, along with the Statue of Liberty have been claimed by the Infected.

That leaves alot of ground for Death Watch to choose from. The Empire State Building could make a good vantage point, as I mentioned earlier. Something could be done with a bunker built smack dab in the center of Central Park (Central Park should be destroyed for tradition's sake, XD). There's the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, still, and mayhaps a series of abandoned Broadway theaters. The Met could certainly offer a picturesque battle site... and there's a series of restaurants that likely contain edible food items near the gift shop and in the streets nearby.

EDIT: Looking around a Wiki page, the Manhattan Municipal Building could be fun, too. It'd say alot about the Death Watch. Come to think of it, there are quite a few college campuses that could work--Keating Hall is awesome. John F. Kennedy International Airport has lots of food booths, looks cool, and would provide for (obviously) any aircraft transportation needs.

bronislav84
07-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Are you guys aware I'm from the borough of Brookyn? I'm only mildly gamilliar with Manhattan, but if you nwed info on Brookyn, call me.

Second, do you guys realize the sheer magnitude of the population? I doubt it. Go look it up, because almost all of those NPCs are probably Virals by now. Presents a problem for both DW abd Indected alike, eh?

Sabi I'd appreciate a map of all this you describe. I wasn't aware of any underground places like what you describe, including the undwrground lab KOR uses for the origin of the virus, but it's his RP.

KOR what's the status of electricity and power? What about the level of technological deviation from present? Status of the economy and the value of money?

And do join skis. This thing is awesome.

Titan
07-05-2008, 06:36 PM
So the underground and St. Patrick's Cathedral, along with the Statue of Liberty have been claimed by the Infected.

That leaves alot of ground for Death Watch to choose from. The Empire State Building could make a good vantage point, as I mentioned earlier. Something could be done with a bunker built smack dab in the center of Central Park (Central Park should be destroyed for tradition's sake, XD). There's the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, still, and mayhaps a series of abandoned Broadway theaters. The Met could certainly offer a picturesque battle site... and there's a series of restaurants that likely contain edible food items near the gift shop and in the streets nearby.

EDIT: Looking around a Wiki page, the Manhattan Municipal Building could be fun, too. It'd say alot about the Death Watch. Come to think of it, there are quite a few college campuses that could work--Keating Hall is awesome. John F. Kennedy International Airport has lots of food booths, looks cool, and would provide for (obviously) any aircraft transportation needs.

No the Statue of Liberty is the Death Watch's (Main?) base. Not the Infected.

KOR
07-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Alright the underground lab is destroyed/useless right now and deeper than the sewers and subways in New York. Its at least 5 miles under the subways and sewers. So it shouldn't interfere with anything.

Also on electricity and power, everything is still running, lights, appliances, ect.

So as far as bases we have The Alliance in that sewer/underground tunnel system as well as the Cathedral, the BoI are in the Statue of Liberty, and the DW's base is unknown. I think the final decision will come down to Oats since he's the head of the DW.

EDIT: Titan, the SoL, is the BoI base. the DW haven't even decided yet.

Lord Fedora
07-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I say the Empire State Building for DW as their main base. Also, for the record, the Virals are stronger than us, and they do hunt in packs, but I'm saying that if we catch just a few of them alone they would epic fail to our superior intelligence. Just because something is more powerful than we are doesn't mean they're better. Now, the Infected, they pose a problem. It would probably take an entire squad to fight an Infected, but when you think about it, it would most likely take the same for Virals since we have ranged weapons, body armor to protect us, and most importantly, we have the human mind.

Tiana_M
07-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Are you guys aware I'm from the borough of Brookyn? I'm only mildly gamilliar with Manhattan, but if you nwed info on Brookyn, call me.

Second, do you guys realize the sheer magnitude of the population? I doubt it. Go look it up, because almost all of those NPCs are probably Virals by now. Presents a problem for both DW abd Indected alike, eh?

Sabi I'd appreciate a map of all this you describe. I wasn't aware of any underground places like what you describe, including the undwrground lab KOR uses for the origin of the virus, but it's his RP.

KOR what's the status of electricity and power? What about the level of technological deviation from present? Status of the economy and the value of money?

And do join skis. This thing is awesome.

Bron, I'm the one what found it I can send you an address that when put into Google Maps will show you the exact location of our base and it'll show the extent of the underground Concourse at Rockefeller Center though all you have to do is look up the Rockefeller Center in Wiki and it's got a whole section describing it. And yeah sorry it wasn't in Brooklyn, but I was looking for underground and I remembered visiting the Rockefeller Center on my visit to NYC and how the Ice rink had been at a level below the normal street level and I thought that there was more to it and I was right. So I suggested it.

Saraibre, it was no problem.... Advisor, I do like the sound of that. ^_^

KOR, the Concourse is hardly a sewer, it's more like an underground city, though it is connected to the subway system at three points for sure possibly more 'cause it doesn't say how many 6th street stations are connected to it.

EDIT: Bron I dunno if this is what you were looking for, but on the third page of this PDF file (http://www.rockefellercenter.com/shoppingandentertainment.pdf) is a map showing the entire Concourse and it's extent.

Titan
07-06-2008, 12:19 AM
I say the Empire State Building for DW as their main base. Also, for the record, the Virals are stronger than us, and they do hunt in packs, but I'm saying that if we catch just a few of them alone they would epic fail to our superior intelligence. Just because something is more powerful than we are doesn't mean they're better. Now, the Infected, they pose a problem. It would probably take an entire squad to fight an Infected, but when you think about it, it would most likely take the same for Virals since we have ranged weapons, body armor to protect us, and most importantly, we have the human mind.

Oh I thought the DW had the SOL. Oh well. The Empire State Building seems fit for us, I don't really care though.

And that is what I was explaining to you the whole time, evee. But you guys just kept saying "We're Deathwatch! Bring em' on!"

bronislav84
07-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Can't view that file till Monday I'm afraid.

KOR you didn't tell me if money in the city is working, and how much advanced the technology is from present day. Please.

Also, everybody realizes the population is the largest in the world (Or close to it), right? There's many millions of people, and they're probably mostly Virals by now, so don't go thinking the streets are bare.

Lord Fedora
07-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Can't view that file till Monday I'm afraid.

KOR you didn't tell me if money in the city is working, and how much advanced the technology is from present day. Please.

Also, everybody realizes the population is the largest in the world (Or close to it), right? There's many millions of people, and they're probably mostly Virals by now, so don't go thinking the streets are bare.
No, that's Tokyo. Tokyo has the largest population in the world, and I think Bangkok is probably also more than New York.

bronislav84
07-06-2008, 12:53 AM
You know what I mean, though. It's got a huge population that might be hard to stomach for some people, that's all I'm saying.

Tiana_M
07-06-2008, 01:12 AM
I know I didn't love NYC simply because of how many people and cars there were, but Bron KOR has already answered your population question in the FAQ on the first page of this discussion.

Also... yeah apparently at the moment the Concourse doesn't reach under the cathedral, but since this is fiction and in the future we can tweak it by saying that the concourse was expanded upon.

EDIT: I do have another question, I know that Infected can become Virals after a long time of continuous changing into Hybrid form.. can they also be changed Viral by being bitten or slashed by a Viral or will that not effect them?

bronislav84
07-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Hmm yea, there's been edits to that I see, and also a huge evacuation. Kay.

It also says no humans allowed to be played, but aren't DW humans? I assume it's talking about ordinary civilians.

Saraibre Ryu
07-06-2008, 01:42 AM
I haves a question again.

I'm allowed to post the guidelines for the Alliance on here correct? Just for slightly humorous and obligational reasons.

Lord Fedora
07-06-2008, 01:42 AM
I know I didn't love NYC simply because of how many people and cars there were, but Bron KOR has already answered your population question in the FAQ on the first page of this discussion.

Also... yeah apparently at the moment the Concourse doesn't reach under the cathedral, but since this is fiction and in the future we can tweak it by saying that the concourse was expanded upon.

EDIT: I do have another question, I know that Infected can become Virals after a long time of continuous changing into Hybrid form.. can they also be changed Viral by being bitten or slashed by a Viral or will that not effect them?
And btw Broni, money always works if there's someone around to actually buy things from. Which there won't be. Because, you know, all the merchants are dead.

Tiana_M
07-06-2008, 01:50 AM
And btw Broni, money always works if there's someone around to actually buy things from. Which there won't be. Because, you know, all the merchants are dead.

Or Virals and I don't think you'll be going up to any Virals and asking them if you can have something. So no, at the moment, I'd say that there is no economy in NYC itself. Though that doesn't mean that there isn't money there, it's just useless at this point in time. And the DW will be getting their money and supplies from the government I doubt they'll be asking us for any.

Also, regarding the no playing humans I'm sure KOR means civilians who just got trapped.

Lord Fedora
07-06-2008, 03:13 AM
Or Virals and I don't think you'll be going up to any Virals and asking them if you can have something. So no, at the moment, I'd say that there is no economy in NYC itself. Though that doesn't mean that there isn't money there, it's just useless at this point in time. And the DW will be getting their money and supplies from the government I doubt they'll be asking us for any.

Also, regarding the no playing humans I'm sure KOR means civilians who just got trapped.
Duh. Btw, Titan, how are we going to have the Empire State Building set up. Like I was thinking we have every team on a different floor (your guys on the first, mine on the second, Gamma on the third, etc.), and then everyone takes a room there. Cause seriously, big as it is, I don't think a hundered people will fit on one floor, second biggest building in the country or not.

KOR
07-06-2008, 04:33 AM
Whoever said that thing about money was right. Its useless.

As for technology, just about everything is normal: No nukes, chemical warfare, ect. The DW's weapons are not super advanced like video games like Halo and Mass Effect. More like Frontlines: Fuels of War in the way that there alot more powerful than the average weapons like the M16, and M4.

And when i say no humans that means civilians.

And Infected can't become Virals by being wounded as they have the same virus in them. It only works on those who don't have the virus in them already.

Saraibre Ryu
07-06-2008, 04:44 AM
Wouldn't the money thing be common sense? I was thinking about how all the money we may find would be just good for kindling in case we needed a fire.

I added a rifle and RPGL (Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher but mostly used for smoke grenades only not explosives though they do go boom in some way and only be used for cover and yes it is an exsisting weapon in our present time) to Amanor's arsenal. Would she have too much now or not? and is it possible to have a sniper strictly for shooting stunning ammunition rather than one-hit-kill type of stuff?

Khajmer, Sarah reminds me of Aerith. Maybe its my mom playing Crisis Core, but Sarah seriously reminds me of Aerith. I'm in an FF mood right now.

KOR
07-06-2008, 04:48 AM
I think thats a bit too much. Snipers are too large so you have:

A sniper
Two pistols
A Rifle
A katana
and a RPGL

Its not that its too overpowering its more that it takes up way too much room to carry all of that. You'll have to get rid of two of the larger items, like the sniper or rifle. I'd advise getting rid of the sniper and RPGL, but its your decision.

Scourge of Amaranth
07-06-2008, 04:53 AM
Gagh, I knew I was forgetting something somewhere. I wanted to give Faya a nice shiny sword.

EDIT: I finally get to use a Chicken Sickle in an RP! Yay!

Saraibre Ryu
07-06-2008, 04:54 AM
I think thats a bit too much. Snipers are too large so you have:

A sniper
Two pistols
A Rifle
A katana
and a RPGL

Its not that its too overpowering its more that it takes up way too much room to carry all of that. You'll have to get rid of two of the larger items, like the sniper or rifle. I'd advise getting rid of the sniper and RPGL, but its your decision.

Good point. I'll take off the RPGL for sure, and probably the rifle. I've always been a fan of the snipers for some reason. *goes to fix SU* I think I was a tad overtired when I added those ^^'.

Lord Fedora
07-06-2008, 05:10 AM
Gagh, I knew I was forgetting something somewhere. I wanted to give Faya a nice shiny sword.

EDIT: I finally get to use a Chicken Sickle in an RP! Yay!
What the bloody hell is a Chicken Sickle?

Scourge of Amaranth
07-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Er... roughly translated term for a Chinese weapon. It's been used by masters of various forms of Taichi, et cetera, but I'm pretty sure it's not specific to one form of Chinese martial arts or the other. According to Wiki, it's considered the 'special weapon' of the Xinyi Liuhe Style.... I got most of my facts from a nerdy weapons friend/mediocre martial artist dude (we swap facts, XD) so I can't site them, but here's basic information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Sickles

Lord Fedora
07-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Er... roughly translated term for a Chinese weapon. It's been used by masters of various forms of Taichi, et cetera, but I'm pretty sure it's not specific to one form of Chinese martial arts or the other. According to Wiki, it's considered the 'special weapon' of the Xinyi Liuhe Style.... I got most of my facts from a nerdy weapons friend/mediocre martial artist dude (we swap facts, XD) so I can't site them, but here's basic information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_Sickles
Dang, those is cool.

Edit: Hey Alliance dudes, just giving you a heads up, I'm apparently not allowed to not kill you, but if we do end up in a firefight, I swear to you, all shots will be as non-lethal as Cole can pull off. Just so you know.

Titan
07-06-2008, 10:26 PM
I tthink you should make it more like Gears Of War. The scenario seems a lot more fitting.

Weapons, enemies, ect.

bronislav84
07-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Chicken Sickles remind me of Jet's weapons from Avatar a little, but not really. Looks cool still.

Uhuh thanks for the money info, as I figured.

Well of course EK, we wouldn't wanna kill each other.

Psychic Oats
07-07-2008, 02:37 AM
... ><

Wry hallo thar. I am back.

KOR
07-07-2008, 04:09 AM
I tthink you should make it more like Gears Of War. The scenario seems a lot more fitting.

Weapons, enemies, ect.

Too futuristic. Besides I don't want my RP to make people think: Oh this reminds me of Gears of War.

I want this RP to be completely original. Not to mention the year is 2010. Gears of War is set way farther into the future.

Titan
07-07-2008, 04:12 AM
Too futuristic. Besides I don't want my RP to make people think: Oh this reminds me of Gears of War.

I want this RP to be completely original. Not to mention the year is 2010. Gears of War is set way farther into the future.

I said "LIKE" GOW, not actually GOW itself.

Scourge of Amaranth
07-07-2008, 05:05 AM
Finding something to be "like" another object is the equivalent of being "reminded" of something by another object. >.>; The point of originality is that there are no immediate comparisons to be made without large amounts of brain contortions.

skiboydoggy
07-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Finding something to be "like" another object is the equivalent of being "reminded" of something by another object. >.>; The point of originality is that there are no immediate comparisons to be made without large amounts of brain contortions.
Which while nice and all, is not really possible any more. I can already name five things it reminds me of.

Scourge of Amaranth
07-07-2008, 03:58 PM
;-; Yeah, I know. Nothing is totally original anymore; originality hasn't been possible since... erm... well, quite a long time ago. Probably several thousand years (or billion; whichever side of science you lean towards) prior to the original 'Seven Plots' statement.

Saraibre Ryu
07-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Dang, those is cool.

Edit: Hey Alliance dudes, just giving you a heads up, I'm apparently not allowed to not kill you, but if we do end up in a firefight, I swear to you, all shots will be as non-lethal as Cole can pull off. Just so you know.

I'll remember that. *writes it down*

Can I list the Alliance code of conduct or whatever you call it thingy? you know the values we follow and all that jazz, because I was going to post them in my first post too, but I just wanted to make sure they were okay.

And since Khajmer can't use what he wanted, I'm stating that I steal it, even though I was going to use it anyway. ^^

Lord Fedora
07-07-2008, 10:44 PM
I'll remember that. *writes it down*

Can I list the Alliance code of conduct or whatever you call it thingy? you know the values we follow and all that jazz, because I was going to post them in my first post too, but I just wanted to make sure they were okay.

And since Khajmer can't use what he wanted, I'm stating that I steal it, even though I was going to use it anyway. ^^
The "No killing unless provoked" bit?

KOR
07-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Its fine if the Alliance has that under there rules, but the DW have strict orders to kill the Infected regardless of who they belong to. So you'll end up fighting anyways. Not to mention that there's also the base military who will follow orders without question.

I'll add more to the FAQ later.

Lord Fedora
07-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Its fine if the Alliance has that under there rules, but the DW have strict orders to kill the Infected regardless of who they belong to. So you'll end up fighting anyways. Not to mention that there's also the base military who will follow orders without question.

I'll add more to the FAQ later.
Alright, but how about this new order for my squad: Shoot to incapacitate rather than kill if possible, in order to interrogate them and discover information about the rest of their people and where they set up camp?

Saraibre Ryu
07-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Alright, but how about this new order for my squad: Shoot to incapacitate rather than kill if possible, in order to interrogate them and discover information about the rest of their people and where they set up camp?

That sounds plausible in my opinion.

There are two reason's we use that, 'Attack if provoked and only to defend yourself and others' bit for two reaons:

1: Its how the Alliance worls and it'd be leaning more towards the BoI if we didn't in my opinion.

2: If we ever get into a 'You started it! No, You started it!' fight, we cannot be blamed in anyway thanks to this code.

Vanilla
07-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Alright, I'll answer these questions all eventually and edit everything in the first page and get to reading SUs and stuff.

Question 1:On the Infected spreading the virus to other humans; yes you can. However, here are some things to note.

The BoI will infect other humans, to add to their ranks, but not excessively since there IS in fact a chance that those that are biten, slashes, injured can turn into Virals. It's completely random, with the ratio of Infected to Virals 20:80. So while it is possible, the two groups largely avoid it.

Question 2:As for the clothes it depends on what your form is. Like the Hulk, he grows much larger and his clothes break. So if you generally get bigger than your normal human size to the point where your clothes don't fit, they'll break.

So pretty much when you go back to your human form it'll be like wearing underwear and a bra if your character is a female. And there are still clothing stores around as well as both sides stocking up on supplies.

Question 3: You can NOT be a human in the RP. You can't really do anything and the moment you went out into the open you would either be killed by the Virals or evacuated and mind-wiped.
Just reading through the thread as I prepare SUs and the like, and I can't help but feel that this issue (that is, question 1) seems to have been misinterpreted.

Whilst I understand that they are looking for a cure and don't intend to spread the virus, since the only distinction between the Alliance and the Brotherhood is their allegiance, it should still be possible for the virus to be spread, no?

So even though doing one's best to maintain human-relations, a little accidental infection could still occur regardless.

Saraibre Ryu
07-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Couldn't there be some temporary anti-body that didn't eliminate the infection, but temporarily stall its effects and symptoms rfom affecting an infected human, and hold i off with perscribed use? I can't remember what its exactly called but it was in one of the movies I own.

KOR
07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Anachron actually brought up what I was going to add later.

Infected can NOT unintentionally infect someone. So if they wound someone, they have control over whether they want to infect that person or not.

KOR
07-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Meh, double post.

Anyways two announcements formed into one:

I recently announced in the SU that the deadline for SUs is Friday.That is also the day the RP will be starting.

Saraibre Ryu
07-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Meh, double post.

Anyways two announcements formed into one:

I recently announced in the SU that the deadline for SUs is Friday.That is also the day the RP will be starting.

Darn it! why does it have to be a day I can't stay up really late? I've work Friday/Saturday.

Anyway, woot! We is starting soon!

I read your SU Rohan and I think its very contradictory to Amanor personality wise. We'll have alot of fun trying to tear each others throats out. ^^

KOR
07-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Darn it! why does it have to be a day I can't stay up really late? I've work Friday/Saturday.

Anyway, woot! We is starting soon!

I read your SU Rohan and I think its very contradictory to Amanor personality wise. We'll have alot of fun trying to tear each others throats out. ^^
Don't worry I'll be posting it up early.

And I can't wait for the inevitable Zeto vs Amanor clash.

skiboydoggy
07-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Damnit, I have no map of NY and have no idea where to start. Any ideas?

Lord Fedora
07-12-2008, 03:56 AM
Damnit, I have no map of NY and have no idea where to start. Any ideas?
You're supposed to start in your base.

skiboydoggy
07-12-2008, 04:02 AM
You're supposed to start in your base.
Yes, but I'm thinking of what to DO. I'll wait for the rest of my Brotherhood peeps to do something first before I decide.

KOR
07-12-2008, 04:31 AM
Yes, but I'm thinking of what to DO. I'll wait for the rest of my Brotherhood peeps to do something first before I decide.
I'll post soon. Working on posting in the Team RP right now. I'll get one up with assignments soon. I'll be sure to interact with you too ski.

@ Saraibre. It's about the middle of the day. 12:00 to 1:00.

Scourge of Amaranth
07-12-2008, 06:49 PM
I haven't the foggiest idea of where to start, either. O.o'' I'm tempted to sit Marc in a corner and twirl an unlit cigarette between his fingers, staring venemously at his nails (which he has to get around to clipping again).

KOR
07-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I haven't the foggiest idea of where to start, either. O.o'' I'm tempted to sit Marc in a corner and twirl an unlit cigarette between his fingers, staring venemously at his nails (which he has to get around to clipping again).
Don't worry, when I post everyone on BoI will have something to do.

Saraibre Ryu
07-12-2008, 10:09 PM
What is the starting time of day? I need to know for the Alliance's plans due to Amanor's rules.

Should I post those rules here? Or just wait until everyone else in the Alliance shows up in the RP? I'm going to have to post them in the RP anyway but still...

*patiently waits for Alliance members in the sewers with a gas mask on and munching on a Kit Kat bar*

KOR
07-12-2008, 10:18 PM
The starting time of day? Like the time a new day starts. I'd say 8:00 a.m.

Also post the rules here. I'll put them in the Extra Info post.

Saraibre Ryu
07-12-2008, 10:21 PM
The starting time of day? Like the time a new day starts. I'd say 8:00 a.m.

Also post the rules here. I'll put them in the Extra Info post.

Let me rephrase that;

What is the current time of day at the start of the RP? Is it night, noon, dawn, dusk morning?

I'll post the rules in just a second.

KOR
07-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Let me rephrase that;

What is the current time of day at the start of the RP? Is it night, noon, dawn, dusk morning?

I'll post the rules in just a second.
Noon. I said 12:00-1:00 earlier. And that's pretty much Noon.

Saraibre Ryu
07-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Noon. I said 12:00-1:00 earlier. And that's pretty much Noon.

Sorry, I missed that. So that leaves option one and two for the Alliance thus far.

Anyway, Alliance rules, views and such.

1: We do not attack unless it is for defence of yourself or others. This includes defending the Death Watch if absolutely nesecary (I still can't spell that word) and even if the Brotherhood of the Infected are near, do not engage in a fight unless there is good reasoning behind it.

2: Strictly, no one is to go to the surface, not even the cathedral, alone between after dawn and before dusk; during the day, with the exception of diurnal scouts. If one needs to go above ground, everyone goes. In a case that this is impossible due to an injured ally or such, half will go, half will stay. During dusk to dawn hours in the night, no group goes under the minimal amount of a pair.

3: Do not come underground or inside the cathedral if you are being followed or in a fight. If trapped above ground because of a fight or being pursued, call for assistance immediately.

4: Any injury is to be dealt with according to the severity. If a certain level of severity is reached, withdrawl from a fight is absolute.

5: Let someone know where you're going, plan on going and what you're doing if I (Amanor) or the Co-Leader, Jou are not around. If anything unusual or threatening happens we expect it to be reported.

Thats all I got as of now. I might add anything if I forgot something.

Scourge of Amaranth
07-12-2008, 11:24 PM
:P Fanfiction obsessee that I am, my mind immediately translated the last line of your post to Operation: One True Pairing. k_k

Tiana_M
07-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Wait, Saraibre, why are we in the sewers? I mean if we're on a run to a store or something outside of the Concourse, I get it, but I thought that we were at least two weeks into the schism... with us already having found the base, and established rules and we've probably fought against Virals as well as a few Watchmen already, even if we only wounded them to keep them from killing us before running.

I was confused by the disparity of organization between the Brotherhood's beginning and that of the Alliance so that's why I haven't posted yet...

The rules you outlined above are kinda stringent, I don't think everyone's character necessarily fits with rules that tight... or they may simply not follow those rules to a T... if at all... btw, what happens to those that don't follow the rules as stated?

Also note I will be in Hawaii for the week and am not taking my pc with me so I'm having Bron bunny my character...

SuperBoy
07-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Alright. Before I post, I have one quick question. Is Death Watch using the Empire State Building, or some other place?

I need this piece of information.

KOR
07-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Alright. Before I post, I have one quick question. Is Death Watch using the Empire State Building, or some other place?

I need this piece of information.
Empire State Building. Currently, your leader(Pyschic Oats) is absent. Just continue on without him for the moment.

Vanilla
07-13-2008, 07:18 PM
First off, I must apologise for not having the sign-ups I promised up by the deadline. I had some unexpected bad news from my family, so I had t owaylay.

Secondly, both sign-ups are complete. I'd post them, but I don't want to insult you by doing so once you've already set down your deadline, KoR. If you could let me know whether to go ahead or not, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Lord Fedora
07-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey Sabi, those empty spots in Death Watch positions, those are gonna go to NPCs, right? Juts asking.

KOR
07-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Anachron go ahead and post your SUs. The deadline was only meant for one person in a way. You've got a legitimate reason.

Lord Fedora
07-14-2008, 02:14 AM
And my question was actually pointed at you KOR. My bad. So, as I was asking, the remaining slots in DW, I assume they go to NPCs?

KOR
07-14-2008, 03:29 AM
And my question was actually pointed at you KOR. My bad. So, as I was asking, the remaining slots in DW, I assume they go to NPCs?
Yup, their NPCs, that can be controlled by an Death Watch member in the same squad.

Saraibre Ryu
07-14-2008, 04:38 AM
Wait, Saraibre, why are we in the sewers? I mean if we're on a run to a store or something outside of the Concourse, I get it, but I thought that we were at least two weeks into the schism... with us already having found the base, and established rules and we've probably fought against Virals as well as a few Watchmen already, even if we only wounded them to keep them from killing us before running.

I was confused by the disparity of organization between the Brotherhood's beginning and that of the Alliance so that's why I haven't posted yet...

The rules you outlined above are kinda stringent, I don't think everyone's character necessarily fits with rules that tight... or they may simply not follow those rules to a T... if at all... btw, what happens to those that don't follow the rules as stated?

Also note I will be in Hawaii for the week and am not taking my pc with me so I'm having Bron bunny my character...

We're in the sewers because Gaby posted before me, I'm to lazy to think of another location to meet at, and who would look for anyone in the sewers at noon? ^^'

Anyway, Amanor, nor I are really expecting everyone to follow those 'rules' there more like guidelines for safety. BEsides, whats bending a few rules gonna do? Its not like its going to get anyone killed... Like I put, Amanor has no idea what she's really doing leading a group of hybrids to find answers.

Lord Fedora
07-14-2008, 04:52 AM
I don't like leaving things that short. It's never fun. Ever. Ever. Did I say ever? Damn my tiredness and inability to think well enough to include any more.

Vanilla
07-14-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm having a little bit of difficulty in figuring out how all this conversation amongst the Brotherhood is working.

KoR cites the meeting as in the head of the statue, but Splishee is down submerged in the water, and yet at the same time skiboy's character is conversing with her post meeting, I assume.

All very confusing.

Anyway, yeah, if Titan could report in that would be lovely; right now I have no direction for either character, which is not a great way to kick things off.

skiboydoggy
07-14-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm having a little bit of difficulty in figuring out how all this conversation amongst the Brotherhood is working.

KoR cites the meeting as in the head of the statue, but Splishee is down submerged in the water, and yet at the same time skiboy's character is conversing with her post meeting, I assume.

All very confusing.

Anyway, yeah, if Titan could report in that would be lovely; right now I have no direction for either character, which is not a great way to kick things off.
I already left Lady Liberty, and how Splishee heard... Sonar or something. Hell, I pretty much have the same abilities thrown on my character.

KOR
07-14-2008, 08:29 PM
What ski said pretty much. Anachron, you can come down to the head as well to get your part. I'llpost soon.

bronislav84
07-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Ah, I see Sabi. We were thinking that the rules were set in stone. Ok we can live with that.

Finally, I'm done installing updates (For now), so I'm gonna go read and post. I hope Tiana won't be mad that I took this long to get us started.

Tiana_M
07-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Meh not mad at all Bron, just a little disappointed that you didn't start us before I got back. Anyway...

Yeah hey all I'm back. Sorry Saraibre that I couldn't be there to start out... but hopefully my post fixes that.

Lord Fedora
07-23-2008, 04:32 AM
Hey ColdBoy. Um... post please? Pretty please? So I can post since I don't want to just post Sarah?

KOR
07-23-2008, 04:47 AM
Hey ColdBoy. Um... post please? Pretty please? So I can post since I don't want to just post Sarah?

Also asking ski, splishee, bron, and all the other inactive people to psot too. I know your probably busy or you have other RPs, but I really don't want this to die.

Tiana_M
07-23-2008, 07:47 AM
k I'm posting now.. sorry it took so long... it ended up being 5 pages in Word... it usually doesn't take me this long, but being away in Hawaii with no internet will do that to ya. :oops: Esp since my internet seems to keep failing. ><

skiboydoggy
07-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Also asking ski, splishee, bron, and all the other inactive people to psot too. I know your probably busy or you have other RPs, but I really don't want this to die.
I'm waiting for Splishee, but she's not doing anything in the Team RP either. I wonder what happened.

Scourge of Amaranth
07-23-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm waiting for Empoleonx2; his character went ahead, so I'd rather not have Marc do anything to interfere with that. And I've been pondering how to bring Faya in.

Caecity
07-23-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm waiting for Empoleonx2; his character went ahead, so I'd rather not have Marc do anything to interfere with that. And I've been pondering how to bring Faya in.

I soz didn't know that, I now will post today, sorry, I seroiusly didn't know. :x

KOR
07-23-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm waiting for Splishee, but she's not doing anything in the Team RP either. I wonder what happened.

She hasn't been online in a while. I advise you go ahead and she can catch up later.

Scourge of Amaranth
07-23-2008, 09:53 PM
I soz didn't know that, I now will post today, sorry, I seroiusly didn't know. :x

X_X Sorry, my bad; I somehow wrote the wrong username. ....I'm not quite certain how I mixed you up with Skiboydoggy, XD. Anyways, no, I'm waiting for a good point to weave my way into Ski's operations.

Tiana_M
07-27-2008, 12:50 AM
:sad: Jeez guys after all that talk about who needs to post and still no one but me has posted?

:susp: I wanted this to keep going.

KOR
07-27-2008, 01:07 AM
:sad: Jeez guys after all that talk about who needs to post and still no one but me has posted?

:susp: I wanted this to keep going.
This'll keep going.

Really the one person i'm waiting on right now is ski so I can get into the action and people will actually have to start posting.

ColdBoy and Splishee have disappeared recently. I haven't seen or heard anythinf from them lately.

Tiana_M
07-27-2008, 02:48 AM
Oh ok :biggrin:

Though, I'm surprised that Saraibre hasn't posted yet.

Caecity
07-27-2008, 03:09 AM
Dunno what to post, because where we are going getting me confused. So if Aesera is going with Zeto as backup, I'm confused on how I'm doing "backup".

KOR
07-27-2008, 03:16 AM
Dunno what to post, because where we are going getting me confused. So if Aesera is going with Zeto as backup, I'm confused on how I'm doing "backup".

Pretty much we're both going to fight off whoever is hindering the mission. So if ski gets caught up in the fight, we move in to make sure he gets out and gets some guns and ammo while we cover him. We pretty much protect ski and give him time to retreat.

We do have to wait for ski to actually post though. >>

skiboydoggy
07-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Pretty much we're both going to fight off whoever is hindering the mission. So if ski gets caught up in the fight, we move in to make sure he gets out and gets some guns and ammo while we cover him. We pretty much protect ski and give him time to retreat.

We do have to wait for ski to actually post though. >>
Sorry about that. xP
I'll get to it.

Lord Fedora
07-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Where the bloody hell is Coldboy? He has until ten tonight (EST) and I'm just going to post without him.

KOR
07-28-2008, 12:57 AM
Where the bloody hell is Coldboy? He has until ten tonight (EST) and I'm just going to post without him.
Yeah , do that. He'll understand once he gets back.

Saraibre Ryu
07-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Oh ok :biggrin:

Though, I'm surprised that Saraibre hasn't posted yet.

Yes, wel I was kinda waiting for Khajmer to post with Sarah...*taps foot* and I just got back from camping. And I'm brain dead for this one at the moment.

Of course if we all wait on everyone else to post this is gonna shrivel, I'veseen that happen plenty before.

Tiana_M
07-29-2008, 04:39 AM
Yeah, the waiting will definitely kill this if we don't start posting without people. And, Amanor could react to Elizabeth without having to actually move anywhere... Elizabeth did just announce that she broke Amanor's second rule... though she followed the third when she came back underground.

BTW the Infected characters, both Alliance and Brotherhood, have been a part of their separate groups for at least a few weeks now, haven't they?<-- to anyone who knows the answer.

If that is the case... wouldn't we already have the walkie-talkies we need? I mean I suppose if we've been mainly staying underground that it would make sense that we had less supplies ammo and gun wise, but we have an entire Electronics Boutique right there within the Concourse... I'm just pointing this out.

Also, just so that everyone has an idea of what all we have access to in the Concourse, there is a post office, which could probably provide us with a lot of information about the city... we also have not only all the clothes we could want, but all kinds of food too. There are also two different drug stores... aww heck we've even got a shoe repair place... or two... I'm sure there's at least leather there that we might be able to use to make some kind of padded armor, even if it is very badly made armor some armor is better than none. Or shields, shields are good too. We've pretty much got it made... besides guns and ammo like I said.

For reference, here's that same PDF file (http://www.rockefellercenter.com/shoppingandentertainment.pdf) I gave earlier in this conversation... it might be good if Alliance people actually took the time to look at all the stores listed to see what has the words Concourse or Both Levels next to them... if only so we can portray a good escape if ever the Watchmen or the Brotherhood do find our underground city.

KOR
07-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Alright so I won't be posting until at least tommorow at the earliest. I'm busy with irl stuff atm. It's temporary though.

bronislav84
07-29-2008, 07:27 PM
I dunno what you guys think I'm doing, but I swear I've ben writing a post for a few days now, Tiana is my witness. I'm trying to do it in my old style where I didn't rush posts and described as much as I could, so it's coming out a bit long like that and I've also been getting distracted. Rest assured, I haven't quit and it will all make sense, as long as Amanor doesn't move on so Zela could check in.