PDA

View Full Version : Most Albums By One Band

!CeMAn
06-02-2005, 09:23 PM
is there one band that seems 2 dominate your CD collection? What is the most albums you have by just one band? is it your favourite band? What is it about that band that drives you to purchase so many records? Discuss.

MystiKal
06-02-2005, 09:29 PM
The most CDs I have by one band are either Blink 182 and The Smashing Pumpkins, and they are two of my favorite bands.

TDD91
06-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Err. Guns N roses mit Appetite for Destruction and Greatest Hits. Only other ones i have are:

U2 - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Nirvana - Nirvana

!CeMAn
06-02-2005, 09:55 PM
well, how many, guys?

my number is 15.

MystiKal
06-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Well all I can say is that I have all of The Smashing Pumpkins CDs along with Blink 182s so uh I don't know how many that is. XD

Caite-chan
06-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Linkin Park and WWE CD's xDD

!CeMAn
06-02-2005, 11:05 PM
i have like 5 pumpkins cds. they used to be my favourite.

Dust N' Bones
06-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Obviously Guns N' Roses. Have Appetite for Destruction, GN'R Lies, Use Your Illusion 1, Use Your Illusion 2, Live Era, The Spaghetti Incident? and Greatest Hits.

My second would maybe be Red Hot Chili Peppers, have their Greatest Hits, Californication, By The Way and What Hits?!.

Incongruity
06-03-2005, 12:46 AM
well if you're assuming we listen to bands, I suppose I have a lot from Wu-Tang Clan, the London Symphony Orchestra, NWA, New York Philharmonic,

!CeMAn
06-03-2005, 02:25 AM
well if you're assuming we listen to bands, I suppose I have a lot from Wu-Tang Clan, the London Symphony Orchestra, NWA, New York Philharmonic,

What are ya talkin about? Assuming you listen 2 bands? if the most CDs you have are by Britney Spears or some solo, that counts also, silly.

Sudo
06-04-2005, 04:21 PM
My grandads best friend has 31 different Elton John CDs, and no im not joking the singer has actualy released around 40-50.

!CeMAn
06-04-2005, 08:16 PM
My grandads best friend has 31 different Elton John CDs, and no im not joking the singer has actualy released around 40-50.

that's frikkin ridiculous! how long has he been around??

Joel II
06-05-2005, 04:39 AM
linkin park and simple plan

AbXtreme
06-05-2005, 07:14 PM
i basically have the Nirvana Box Set - 10 CD's all of there okish hits

!CeMAn
06-05-2005, 07:57 PM
i basically have the Nirvana Box Set - 10 CD's all of there okish hits

That's impressive. i like nirvana. What do you mean, basically?

AbXtreme
06-05-2005, 08:04 PM
i just have it, TYPO TYPO!!! There ok, yet not the best band ever.

Amaru
06-06-2005, 01:04 AM
2Pac dominates my cd collection. 13 out of his 16 albums. Or is it 15? Either way I need to fill up the empty spaces. Second place goes to bone thugs n harmony, 6 of their albums. I just have one or two of each of my favourites.

Why do I love 2Pac's music? Rap in it's purest form is poetry: rhyming bars, with heartfelt lyrics, or upbeat, fun lyrics. Mainstream rap is terrible (50 cent, Lil Flip.. There is just no talent.) 2Pac was the greatest rapper ever, in my opinion. His lyrics are still recognised as the deepest and most poetic in the world of rap, although he had many mainstream hits, he was a master in the art of rap.

!CeMAn
06-06-2005, 04:50 AM
i just have it, TYPO TYPO!!! There ok, yet not the best band ever.
:eh: CHiLL.

2Pac dominates my cd collection. 13 out of his 16 albums. Or is it 15? Either way I need to fill up the empty spaces. Second place goes to bone thugs n harmony, 6 of their albums. I just have one or two of each of my favourites.

Why do I love 2Pac's music? Rap in it's purest form is poetry: rhyming bars, with heartfelt lyrics, or upbeat, fun lyrics. Mainstream rap is terrible (50 cent, Lil Flip.. There is just no talent.) 2Pac was the greatest rapper ever, in my opinion. His lyrics are still recognised as the deepest and most poetic in the world of rap, although he had many mainstream hits, he was a master in the art of rap.

Now that's a post. Good show, Amaru!

i actually listened to "the pac" for the first time last fall. To sum it up, my reaction was : ":eek: holy crap, he iS good." i can't believe i never listened to him before. My g/f has tons of his albums and double discs so i finally listened to one when i was bored of my CDs. i say he's definitely in my top 5 greatest rappers of all time. He has AMAZiNG talent. i gotta agree with the comment about today's rappers; what a waste of record deals.

if we disregard the old lady with 30 Elton john records :susp: ... you're in second place for most albums.

Amaru
06-06-2005, 09:13 AM
I think Elvis had even more than Elton John, an old teacher of mine owned over 50 elvis albums according to him.. 50!!

We have to consider the fact that decades ago, and album could have just 6 songs on it. These days 12 songs is borderline..

!CeMAn
06-06-2005, 09:33 PM
I think Elvis had even more than Elton John, an old teacher of mine owned over 50 elvis albums according to him.. 50!!

We have to consider the fact that decades ago, and album could have just 6 songs on it. These days 12 songs is borderline..

That's a good point... Hell, i say any LP should have at least 14 or 15 tracks, but yeah, nowadays they'll even have 10. Although, those bands are mostly record label enginered pop-punk junk.

i don't mind having my 15(16 if u count one is a double disc) albums blown away by somebody who has 30+ albums by a band who makes/made 6 or 8 track albums. it still counts :tongue:.