PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Limits

Jack of Clovers
07-23-2008, 06:11 AM
Ok, I've had some suggestions that we can increase the forum battle limit for non-messenger players from 3 to 5 battles. Specifically, I'd like to hear the Referee's opinion since they will be dealing with the possible extra number of battle threads. Of course, all opinions are valid.

I have also added a note for Gym Leaders that choose to forum battle. "Gym Leaders may have 1 Gym Battle and 1 other battle."

~Jack~

Snow Fairy Sugar
07-23-2008, 06:15 AM
With Ataro bot, it's manageable. Quite a few refs ref forum battles anyway{Including me, at least} and the Report a Battle's been inactive since Ataro started reffing. :P Handling the increase in traffic will be achievable.

Thanks, Jack. :D

All-Star
07-23-2008, 06:15 AM
In a way, it wouldn't be as bothersome. I mean we get a while to ref ONE turn, so I don't feel that would be a problem.

However, reffing forum battles could be hard to keep up with like that.

Haze
07-23-2008, 06:25 AM
I dont have much of an opinion on the 3-5 thing. But I do like the Gym Leader idea. It was annoying being only able to do one battle that took two weeks a time.

-Pichu Boy-
07-23-2008, 07:23 AM
I agree with that raise. I can imagine that it could be annoying for people without messengers to be turning down battles because they have a small limit.

And with the concern at refs not being able to keep up, as May's said, Ataro killed the report a battle thread. Proof of that, is that whenever I want to ref a forum battle, Ataro's already beaten me to it ;.;

And yes, raise the limit for Gym Leaders please :x It hasn't affected me, yet, but I think it will.

Steak
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
More battles?
We need more refs then!
-standing in a spotlight- Huh? Oh, yeah, sure.
LOL, anyway I'm all for it.

Ataro
07-23-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm in for the idea as per said to May that time.

Trainer17
07-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Even though I'm no Ref, here's my opinion.
The ones with AIM get URPG battles almost every time they find a Ref, so I think it's fair to raise from 3 to 5 battles for those with Non-Messengers/AIM^^.

Focal
07-23-2008, 05:30 PM
I have also added a note for Gym Leaders that choose to forum battle. "Gym Leaders may have 1 Gym Battle and 1 other battle."

~Jack~

And the battles that were going on before this rule? I have 3 at the moment (and that's what I personally limited it too), so will the first one stay open and the others locked until the first is done? Or can they stay open until they're finished, and afterwards just stick to one?

Nitro
07-23-2008, 05:35 PM
It'd be hard, since so few refs ref forum as it is. By my knowledge, only Ataro and occasionally May ref them. They do it fast, but it might leave them with very few time for their own random crap. I dunno, since I'm neither Ataro or May. :p I think we should let the refs who ref forum battles decide. :p

Snow Fairy Sugar
07-24-2008, 04:50 AM
I agree with that raise. I can imagine that it could be annoying for people without messengers to be turning down battles because they have a small limit.

And with the concern at refs not being able to keep up, as May's said, Ataro killed the report a battle thread. Proof of that, is that whenever I want to ref a forum battle, Ataro's already beaten me to it ;.;

And yes, raise the limit for Gym Leaders please :x It hasn't affected me, yet, but I think it will.
*Pokes report a battle thread with a rubber carrot*

MK's kind of right. =P And the same darn thing happens to me. D:
It'd be hard, since so few refs ref forum as it is. By my knowledge, only Ataro and occasionally May ref them. They do it fast, but it might leave them with very few time for their own random crap. I dunno, since I'm neither Ataro or May. :p I think we should let the refs who ref forum battles decide. :pOccasionally May? I would ref forum battles, but Ataro keeps hijacking them from me. :tongue:

RPGBoss
07-24-2008, 08:24 AM
I think we need to encourage ppl to do more AIM battles...forum battles can take a long time to finish...and some of the refs will refuse to Ref forum battles...But I understand we need to give a chance to the members that do forum battles, and also thise idea allows players to do battles even though the other player is offline at the time. My final decision is that this sounds like a Decent Idea..especially coming from Lep...I'd say we give it a shot..if it gets too stressing for the refs we currently have we can always downgrade again.

Synester
07-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Yay, a new rule that doesn't completly suck ^_^. Whats with all of these new rules anyway? URPG was fine before all of this, why change =/.

Milotic Master1
07-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Its good to raise the amount of battles on the forum. I know this might be off topic, but eh. I think the game is way more enjoyable on messenger, I know some people might not be able to do that, but it still should be pushed more.

Eh, still a good idea for those people though :tongue:.

Ataro
07-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Yay, a new rule that doesn't completly suck ^_^. Whats with all of these new rules anyway? URPG was fine before all of this, why change =/.

It is like in real life, modernizing. :rolleyes:

Milotic Master1
07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
It isn't modernizing, its pretty much tossing out the stuff from 06-07 that wasn't working and throwing in some new stuff that might work =P, we'll just have to see.

-Pichu Boy-
07-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Ok, I'm just popping back in to say to the people saying that sometimes, people CAN'T download messenger, either from not being allowed, or it screwing their computer, or other reasons.

Forum battles can take long, yes, but if both players and the ref are online, then they can go smoothly.

There is only one more thing I must say, and it's been said before.

Ataro needs to get a life, and stop reffing so many forum battles so that me and May can ref 'em :x

J/K Ataro. But tone down on them. :P

Snow Fairy Sugar
07-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, quoted for truth. Well, I didn't really quote, so replied for truth anyway. =P

But that's okay, though- I leave battles at times for Ataro to ref for common courtesy...the reason I think the bar should be raised is that people who don't have messengers suffer the most from the recent high inflation.

People who are affected:

A]Referees{Corporate Class, negligible)

B]Normal battlers, everyone else.{Somewhat like Middle Class in a URPG economy wise structure.}

C]People who don't have Instant Messengers.

And people who don't have instant messengers are not likely to ever have earned 5,000$ in an hour. =P And with the prices being pushed up further and further...they suffer the most, leading to a gap.

That's my two point five cents. @_@

Lord Blood
07-24-2008, 07:02 PM
The ones with AIM get URPG battles almost every time they find a Ref, so I think it's fair to raise from 3 to 5 battles for those with Non-Messengers/AIM^^.

Sigma_
07-24-2008, 07:30 PM
I think we need to encourage ppl to do more AIM battles...forum battles can take a long time to finish...and some of the refs will refuse to Ref forum battles...But I understand we need to give a chance to the members that do forum battles, and also thise idea allows players to do battles even though the other player is offline at the time. My final decision is that this sounds like a Decent Idea..especially coming from Lep...I'd say we give it a shot..if it gets too stressing for the refs we currently have we can always downgrade again.

I really like your first few points and it sums up what I was thinking. More people really need to get AIM. If you can't do that, maybe URPG isn't for you. :sad: People will get just about no where just doing forum battles.

RPGBoss
07-25-2008, 04:06 AM
Ok, I'm just popping back in to say to the people saying that sometimes, people CAN'T download messenger, either from not being allowed, or it screwing their computer, or other reasons.

Forum battles can take long, yes, but if both players and the ref are online, then they can go smoothly.

There is only one more thing I must say, and it's been said before.

Ataro needs to get a life, and stop reffing so many forum battles so that me and May can ref 'em :x

J/K Ataro. But tone down on them. :P

haha..i think Both Ataro and May are doing a great job on the forum battles...

to be honest..i dont know how they can put up with those..I coulndt ref so many forum battles...:rolleyes:

Jack of Clovers
07-25-2008, 04:35 AM
I think we need to encourage ppl to do more AIM battles...forum battles can take a long time to finish...
That's why I kept it at 3, to get them to experience the real fun of the URPG within chatrooms.

Look like no problems. We'll go ahead and update to 5 for now and see how it does. As RPGBoss said, we can always go back if it becomes overloaded.

~Jack~

Nitrous Oxide
07-25-2008, 11:28 AM
I like reffing forum battles, so I wouldn't mind. They aren't hard to keep track of, plus it's not like they happen instantly, so it's more relaxed than reffing a regular battle. :eh:

Exon Auxus
07-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Agree with Jack. You get the real fun of URPG in chats. If you can't download AIM, use something like Trillian or Meebo. That, or use AIM Express(I think it allows chats).

Nitrous Oxide
07-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Agree with Jack. You get the real fun of URPG in chats. If you can't download AIM, use something like Trillian or Meebo. That, or use AIM Express(I think it allows chats).
The problem is that not all kids are allowed to use messengers. You wanna know how much trouble I got in the first time I was caught using a messenger (which happened to be for URPGing)? :ermm:

SiberianTiger
07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Stop downing Ataro, it isn't his fault he can't go out in public without a paper bag over his head and as a result stays locked up inside with nothing but a virtual lie to live in.

EDIT: As for the new limit: If I come back I'll be reffing forum battles again so I can go either way.

~Isaiah

Fossil Fusion
07-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Stop downing Ataro, it isn't his fault he can't go out in public without a paper bag over his head and as a result stays locked up inside with nothing but a virtual lie to live in. I lol'd :x

EDIT: As for the new limit: If I come back I'll be reffing forum battles again so I can go either way.

~Isaiah

Anyways to the forum Battle thing. I dont see anything wrong with it now tbh. Just make it a trial run for like a month or 2 and we'll see how it goes. I spose.